• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 295 Views, 29 Comments

Forgotten Memories - Star Saber



What happens when a Mare with no memories is kidnapped and the one Stallion who can save her knows nothing about her? When swords live and the Elements have been gone for years, how can an evil force be taken out when nothing is known about anything?

  • ...
 29
 295

Clues

Forgotten Memories
Chapter 2
Clues

It had been a day, a single day since that night and Breaker was eager to get details about what had taken that unknown mare. Walking through the town was a different experience than usual, Ponyville was a bustle of activity, moreso than usual, and everypony seemed to be talking about something that was dark, and wondering if the Princesses knew about it. In all likelyhood they did not seeing as it had taken a pony and destroyed a home during the night. Shaking his head he found the larger than life tree that housed the library, there was a single plaque beside the door and he turned his head towards it, reminding himself of what it said. "Twilight Sparkle Memorial Library. Dedicated to the Element of Magic that gathered friends wherever she went and supressed darkness until the day she left us. We will miss her always." He sighed and simply walked in, there was always a pony in here. Taking stock, keeping records, pretending to be the late Miss Sparkle. It was horrid how they chose to keep her alive even though she had been gone for about five years now.

"Welcome to the Sparkle Memor- Star Breaker is that you?"

The voice was familiar and grating, it was funny how a few select ponies had voices that annoyed him to the point of insanity, one of those ponies was standing infront of him now, a unicorn mare with coat, mane and tail all dyed to mimic the dead record keeper and protector of Harmony.

"Yeah....it's me. I have things I need to look up Angel Heart."

"Don't call me that while I'm at work. It's Twilight Sparkle."

"You aren't her so stop pretending."

"It's my job to be her....I know you miss her bu-"

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT HERE!"

"Then what is Breaker?"

"That thing that destroyed my home and took that amnesiac mare I was taking care of."

Angel Heart knew when to stop prying and simply nodded before walking to a shelf marked Mythical mystery history and tapped the shelf.

"Here...Nopony knows what happened....nopony knows what it could be, so...you'll have to look here."
"Thank you Angel Heart."

"She reminds you of her doesn't she?"

"Shut it Heart, before I rip your's out."

"Alright...alright I'll leave you be Breaker."

"Thank you."

He didn't want to be reminded of that mare right now, one of his only friends, the only one out of the six thatcould read him like a....well like a book. He started with a few more well known texts and only found traces that led him to more books and more barely there references that led him to even more books that led him to scrolls that led him nowhere. He was all but absorbed in doing the research that he barely noticed the door opening. It would have gone unnoticed if it weren't for Angel Heart's damn greeting.

"Welcome to the Sparkle Memorial Library, I'm Twilight Sparkle. How can I help you?"

"Yeah...I'm looking for a stallion. About this tall, cutie mark of a super nova, probably staring at me right now. Has a flower on his chest...and a really really nasty look like he's about to kill me."

"Oh..well...Go on then, if you know what he looks like. Have a good day, and always remember to be Sparklerific!"

There was a giggle from Heart and he shook his head before going back to reading, ignoring the earth pony mare that sauntered up to him and sat, not saying a single word to him as he tried to piece together all the obscure references and clues that had gathered in a few hours.

"Hey Breaker."

"Applebloom."

"So what are you doing?"

"Research."

"Want some help?"

"No."

"Aww come on..."

"No Applebloom, I dont need help."

"But....but...your doing it wrong."

His eyes turned from the scroll he was looking at and he stared at her wondering what she meant.

"It's a cypher, look here....this word here means something different, it doesn't go there. And this one here isn't spelled right. Hey Twilight?"

"That's not Twilight."

"I know it isn't. Her horn is wrong, but it's nice to have the comfort."

"Whatever Applebloom."

Angel walked to them, with a piece of paper and a quill hovering in her magic and set them down before Applebloom started writing, spelling words correctly and putting them in their proper places, what she wrote was making no sense though.

When Harmony is gone
And everything is dark
The moonlight on high
Reveals the secrets we shared
Gather the blades
And bring them to life
Five and one to bring light
To bring the balance back to the world
And make Harmony reign once more
With the flowers of life
The five and one bring everlasting peace
"That makes no sense whatsoever Applebloom."

"A course it does!"
"What? You made sense of all that?"
"Yeah, can't you?"
"Not at all...it's a damn poem that means nothing."

"Five and one, it's a reference to the Elements. The five that existed and the one that brought them together."

"The elements....but those have been gone for a long time now."

"Five years right? But it also talks of blades...I think that means swords. Didn't you have one?"
"Yeah...but now I don't. I lost it a while ago."
"You lost it?"
"Yeah. Now what's this about flowers of life?"
"That flower one yer chest Breaker!"
"On...my...chest? Yeah? What of it?"
"It's a lotus. Twilight taught me that a Lotus is the flower of life. You already got yer cutie mark, and nopony has ever had a second...well...I did when I got ahold of Zecora's Hearts Desire stuff....But that's besides the point! That flower means yer one of tha five and one!"
"You...got all that from a poem made from obscure references in scrolls and books?"
"Well yeah! I don't have a intelligence cutie mark fer nuthin ya know!"
"You....got your mark?"
"Yep sure did wanna see?"
"No."
"Awww...."
With a sigh breaker took and folded the paper wanting to keep it with him for some strange reason, Applebloom had made sense of it when he couldn't, so it was a good thing she dropped by, even if her deep southern accent grated sometimes, at least she lost the squeakiness of her foal years, now she was shaping up into a fine mare, one that would make any stallion happy. If she didn't drive them off with her insistent rambling about this and that, and the best way to grow apples. It was only her friends that could deal with her, and yet, he hadn't seen Sweetie Belle or Scootaloo, those girls always hung out together.
"Hey...Applebloom?"

"Yeah Breaker?"

"Where's Sweetie and Scoots?"

"At Rarity's Fashion Boutique...Picking out outfits for their date..."

"Wait...without you? Why?"

"I'm a third wheel...Aint got nopony special to me...not that Mac'll let me have a coltfriend...he always scares 'em off....ain't nopony brave enough to ask me out."
He shrugged and sighed before nudging her towards the door and smiling while she looked at him with a curious look on her face that made her look so cute.

"What're ya doin that for?"

"Because your coming with me to search for these other four...I have a feeling I know where the last one is. So we got to be as quick as we can. I don't think she'll last long wherever she was taken."

Applebloom was instantly beaming as he told her that he was taking her on an adventure, and one that could rival what her sister had been on before. She quickly rushed out of the library and Breaker smiled, that young mare wouldn't be sad around him on this adventure. He would be the one to make sure of that. Nodding at Angel Heart as he left she nodded back with a telling smile on her face and her eyes lit with knowledge, like she knew something he didn't, but he brushed her off and left the library. It seemed that the clues were going to be hard to come by, so if there was going to be one to find, he was sure that Bloomy could find it. Wait, Bloomy? When did he start thinking of her as Bloomy? That would be something else to figure out on this adventure they were about to set out on.

Author's Note:

I know this chapter was all dialogue, but it gives just a tad bit of history and introduces alot in the way of what's going to happen. Thanks for reading this guys and I hope I can keep yall interested.