• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 4,270 Views, 143 Comments

Heart of Pony, Wings of Dragon - Huntermjiolnir



A half breed comes to Ponyville

  • ...
5
 143
 4,270

The Final Battle

Chapter 8: The final battle
(AN: The final battle for all of Equestria shall commence. Enjoy.)

The roar of Nazhærn echoed through the valley before the ruins of Canterlot. The great corrupted dragon soared through the air followed by Discord wearing Nightmare's armor, his yellow eyes now a slitted yellow.

The pair landed before a gathered group of ponies standing defiantly in the face of their evil.

“Oh hello there Twilight, do you like my new look? I think it looks rather fetching if I do say so my self. Could use a little chaotic flair though...”

“We are not here to talk Discord, this group of foolish mortals are all that oppose our rule.”

“We'll stop you!” Draco said, fire shooting from his nostrils as he snorted, the elements, Princesses and the generals all taking a fighting stance behind him.

“Oh dear, the princesses? Now that's just not fair! Suppose we'll have to do something about that won't we?” Without warning the armored chaos lord teleported before the princesses and tapped them both on the head, the grimaced as they were instantly turned to stone. War roared in anger and tackled the chaos lord slamming hooves into his face.

Nazhærn roared and launched himself into the skies, followed closely by Draco an Rainbow Dash.

The other girls turned towards the armored chaos lord, charging him and pummeling him whilst he was on the ground.

Discord freed himself from the grip of the ponies and backed away from them. He wiped a stream of blood from his lip and roared, firing a beam of energy at the ponies.

Famine and Pestilence jumped before the group slamming hooves together. A wave of famine caused disease lurched forwards, slamming into the chaos lord's beam, clashing in a violet spray of magical energy.

Death suddenly teleported beside Discord, her scythe hovering beside her, glimmering with an unholy light. She swung her weapon, a wave of green impacting the chaos lord who roared as millenia of his life were just sucked out of him.

“FOOLS! I am immortal! You can't kill me!”

Twilight looked up, seeing a blur of rainbow, green and grayish-blue.

“Rainbow we need you!” The book-mare yelled, and moments later the cyan pegasus was floating beside her.

“Form up girls!”

“What? The elements? Really?” Discord chuckled with a laugh. “You really think those can...” His sentence was interrupted by War slamming his back hooves into the chaos lord's gut. Pestilence waved a hoof, and the draconequus coughed as a wave of vile disease infected him.

Famine spoke urgency in his voice as he channeled his own magic into the chaos lord. “Hurry! We may not be able to hold him for long!”

The six mares nodded, the elements around their necks glowing. Seconds later Death joined the group, and the rainbow forming above them took a darker, more evil tinge, as if all the life had been drained from it. Then War, Famine and Pestilence joined, their magics adding to the already powerful spell.

Like an evil seeking lance the magic, now a brilliant glowing gold shot towards the Chaos lord who writhed in pain and anguish. Slowly his roars faded into nothing.

As the light faded the group shook off the disorientation ad gasped as they saw the body of the chaos lord, armor and all lying before them life draining from his eyes, color fading from the armor.

“It is done, they will never live to threaten this world again.” Death said.

The girls sighed in relief, but it was short lived as an unholy roar of rage shook the sky, and a green blur impacted the ground before them.

“DRACO!”

The group gathered around their fallen friend watching as he slowly got up, coughing a small amount of blood.

“Let me heal your wounds.” Said Luna as she appeared beside him, freed from stone when the chaos lord ad the essence of night were killed. With a flash of her horn, light suffused Draco, healing him.

Nazhærn landed before them, rage emanating off him in waves. “You have defeated my compatriots, and for that you will pay with your lives!”

“Girls use the elements! Hurry!” Draco yelled, flaring his wings outwards, standing before his friends.

The girls nodded, and a rainbow beam formed above them, the generals adding their power once more. Then the golden beam took on a white hue as the Princesses added their own power to the spell.

Nazhærn opened his mouth fire brimming around the edges, prepared to wipe the last of resistance from the face of Equestria. The rainbow beam launched curving upwards before arching down towards the corrupted dragon.

The next thing that happened took them all by surprise. Draco launched himself into the air intercepting them beam and taking it in his own bod before diving downwards and into the mouth of the dragon, who closed his mouth in surprise.

The girls gasped, gaping at their friends suicidal act. “Draco....” AJ said sadly.

“Tasty, but now you die!” Nazhærn said. He opened his mouth before grunting in confusion.

The group gasped as the saw a crack form in the corrupt dragon's body, a stream of white light exiting the crack. “No....”

Another crack formed, the light growing brighter, now exiting his eyes and mouth. “NO!”

Then cracks formed faster and faster, the dragon of betrayal roaring in pain and anger. As the cracks grew wider, a symbol, composed entirely of light formed above Nazhærn. The symbol looked like a scale, the left leaning down farther then the right.

Then an explosion of light consumed Nazhærn in an instant. The group covered their eyes, nearly blinded even with the cover.

AS the glow faded they saw the form of Draco standing where Nazhærn had once been. But something about him was... off.

Instead of his normal colors he was made up of shimmering light that changed color every second, the changing pulsed and beat in a rhythm looking for all the world like a heartbeat. As they watched the pulse began to slow, parts of him evaporating like mist in the sun.

AJ galloped over to her coltfriend, tear in her eyes. “Draco.” She sobbed, her friends standing beside her, comforting her.

“AJ, I'm sorry. I had to, to protect you. I must leave you now, I can feel my life slipping away.” He said as he glanced at Death, who was merely staring at the swiftly evaporating form of Draco.

“Please.....”

Draco smiled, a ethereal hoof, gently lifting his marefriend's head, forcing her to look into his eyes. He leaned in and kissed her, enjoying his last moments with the one he loved.

Death pulled forth her scythe, speaking to the dragon-colt. “It is time....”

“No Yah CAIN'T! Ah love him, please....” AJ said tears streaming down her face.

“It must be done, I am sorry.”

“Ain't there nothing yah can do?”

Death just looked down. Draco's shifting colors pulsed one last time, and he smiled.

“I love you AJ, never forget that.”

AJ flopped to the ground crying, as Death swung her scythe taking her love from this world.

Then, Death lowered her hood, her pony skull leering at AJ. Then, the skull slowly formed a slow smile. “Applejack Smith, for the deeds Draco has performed today you have my sincerest thanks.”

AJ looked up, seeing the pony skull smiling. Her eyes still red with tears.
“What do yah mean by that, he's gone.”

Death grinned wider, the smile becoming almost trollish in nature. “Not quite.... He left you with two things. The first is a gift from him to you. The second is a gift from me to the both of you..

“Gift?”

Death placed a gentle hoof on AJ's side, nodding. “The kind of gift only two who love each other very much can give...”

AJ cocked her head, looking confused until the pieces clicked in her head. “Yah mean ahm....”

Death nodded. “I'll leave it to you to tell him your self.”

“Tell him...”

Death's scythe appeared once more, and she swung it a green rift appearing before the group. Seconds later a familiar green body flopped out of the rift, lying before them.

Death leaned over the body and breathed, a stream going from her bony mouth and into the body. Moments later the body breathed in, and Draco stirred before becoming still once more.

Death, pulled her hood up again, the living shadow of the cloak covering her bones. “Take good care of him, he will not get a third chance at life....”

With that, Death joined the her four companions, and they vanished gone to whatever realm they came from when not needed.

AJ nuzzled her love and the father of her foal, smiling as tears of joy rolled down her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One week later

AJ stirred, she trotted downstairs, staring at the prone form of her love. She sighed as she wondered when he was going to wake up.

Draco groaned and shifted, rolling off the couch he was lying on.

Blearily, he opened his eyes only to find worried but happy face of his mare staring right back at him.

“Howdy thar handsome.”

“Hey beautiful.”

“Ya'll best not scare me like that again.... yah hear? Especially...”

Draco's head raised, his keen sensing picking up on AJ's nervousness.

“AJ.... what's the matter?”

“Well, uhm im kinda...” She trailed off, mumbling, a large blush forming on her cheeks.

“AJ, you know you can tell me anything.”

“Well. Ahm pregnant, we're gunna have ah foal...”

Draco's eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. “I'm going to be a father?” He asked his voice a squeak.

AJ nodded, then sighed as her coltfriend fainted.

She wandered into to kitchen to grab a bucket of water, grumbling about 'typical colts' the whole way.

Ten and a half months later.

Draco was trotting through town with his VERY pregnant fiance, when he spotted Wolfsbane and Pinkie chatting together near the park. He trotted over to them, walking slowly so his pregnant marefriend could keep up.

“Hey Wolf, what's going on.”

“Hey Draco. Me and Pinkie got some good news!”

“Really what's that?”

Pinkie interrupted her bubbly nature taking charge. “I'm pregnant!” She squealed.

“Well good for you, did he faint when you told him?”

Wolfsbane nodded glumly. Draco chuckled. “Don't worry my friend I'm sure the two...”

Draco stopped as his ears perked up at AJ's grunt of pain. He turned towards his mare, concern filling his eyes. “AJ are you ok?”

AJ smiled, pain showing. “Ahm fine, just tha baby kickin'.”

Draco turned back to Wolfsbane, still worried. “She's due any day now isn't she?” Wolf asked noticing AJ's pained face.

Draco merely nodded.

“D... Draco?” AJ asked pain making her voice tremble and stutter. “AH think its time!”

Draco whirled around to see that indeed, water was trickling down AJ's rear legs, and she was lying on the ground, her face contorted in pain.

Draco turned towards the other two ponies, his eyes narrowed to slits, fire visible in his eyes. “Pinkie, go tell Nurse Redheart we're on our way. Wolf, you get the other girls.” He yelled, streams of fire exiting his nostrils as he saw the two too stunned to move. “NOW!”

The two blasted off as Draco turned towards his marefriend, her face still contorted in pain, a whimper coming from the normally tough as nails farm pony.

“Hang on babe, I'll get you to the clinic.”

Draco's wings flared, and he picked up his marefriend, carrying her bridal style. With a blast of air he took off towards the clinic.

Moments later he entered and spotted a worried Pinkie standing beside the nurse who was wheeling a gurney into the lobby. Draco gently placed AJ on the gurney and followed as she was wheeled towards an empty room.

“Sir, you're going to have to wait out here.” The nurse said as she entered the room.

Draco sighed, worry filling his eyes.

Pinkie placed a comforting foreleg around his shoulders. “It'll be okay.” Then pinkie giggled nervously.

Draco looked at the party mare. “What's funny?”

“I have to go through that...”

Draco was about to reply, but Wolfsbane burst into the lobby followed by four worried friends.

“She's giving birth?” Rainbow asked. “OH the poor dear!” Rarity exclaimed. “I hope she's all right...” Fluttershy said. Twilight merely nodded, her face conveying her worry perfectly.

The group sat there until a loud scream of pain sounded out into the hall.

Draco ran to the door, but was stopped by a nurse. “I'm sorry sir you can't...”

The nurse trailed off as Draco glared at her, his eyes daring her to complete that sentence. The nurse gulped and stepped aside as Draco ran in, followed by another scream of pain.

Pinkie giggled again nervously. “I hope it's not that painful for me....” Wolfsbane nuzzled his marefriend. “I'm sure you'll be fine.”

Hours pass as the friends anxiously wait outside the room. Then the doctor exits the room and he is practically tackled by the group.

“IS SHE OKAY?!” Rainbow screams, shaking the doctor.

The doctor, looking nonplussed, gently pushes the Rainbow off him and smiles. “She's fine, just tired from her ordeal, she had a perfectly healthy filly.”

Fluttershy perked up. “Can we see her.”

The doctor merely waved a hoof towards the room.

They entered to find an exhausted AJ, her hat on the bed post beside her, and Draco smiling while looking at a blanket covered bundle.

Draco looked up and smiled as he saw his friends.

“Can we see...” Twilight began but trailed off as Draco held a hoof up to his mouth.

Slowly, AJ unwrapped the bundle revealing an adorable sleeping filly.

She was tiny, her coat the shade of a sunset, with a tinge of emerald, her mane the color of the sky. On her side were two feathered wings, her tail looked almost like her father's, but it was covered in fur. The filly yawned and opened her eyes revealing eyes sited like her father's but colored a brilliant topaz.

The group 'D'AWWWWWWed' “Did you pick out a name?” Fluttershy asked.

The new parents looked at each other, then AJ nodded. “We sure did. Her name's Summer Skies.”

The filly, yawned again, nuzzling in her mother's coat closing her eyes as she went back to sleep.

“Well, I'm sure the both of you will make good parents.” Twilight said. “But just in case, I want you to have this.”

Draco read the title of the book Twilight levitated in front of him. “The foal's guide to childcare. Thanks, but we want to raise her on our own.”

Twilight smiled and went to return the book to her bags, but Pinkie stopped her. “Could me and Wolfy have that?”

Twilight nodded and gave the pair the book.

The group of friends all laughed softly, not wanting to disturb the newborn.

END
(AN: *Sniffle* it's always hard ending a story, but I think I did this justice, I hope you enjoyed this. A word of warning a fourth story may be coming from me. Keep watching me to find out when.)

Comments ( 10 )

Well that was quick

rushed feeling
but good nonetheless
great work

kinda felt short but whatever good short story hoped it was a bit longer.

awww...so sweet
sequel?

623236 actually, i HAVE been thinking about a sequel for The Cyborg Colt if you guys want this, imma need some help......

625404 so was death thankful for the lives of 3 immortals. Or the whole saving equestria stuff. Im assuming it's the former?:eeyup:

1039655 if all of equestria dies, death loses her job......

Just read the whole story in one sitting and I really liked it!

1233342 glad you did. try some of my other stories.

only problem i had was that the entire thing was... rushed and a bit bland to be honest.

Login or register to comment