• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 4,270 Views, 143 Comments

Heart of Pony, Wings of Dragon - Huntermjiolnir



A half breed comes to Ponyville

  • ...
5
 143
 4,270

Freedom

Chapter 5: Freedom
(AN: Nazhærn shows his ugly mug, hope you like my description of him.)

Draco, yawned as he awoke. Standing, he stretched, sighing with relief as his back popped like a firecracker. Looking around, he noticed the farmhouse was strangely quite. It was Saturday, so Applebloom should be home, and AJ should be conversing with her little sister, being as there were few chores to do during the weekend.

Curious, he trotted downstairs, only to find the living room empty. He shook his head, thinking the apples were out doing something. That was when he noticed something glinting on the table from the corner of his eye.

Trotting over, he noticed a small emerald, the exact shade of his coat was lying on a folded note. Grinning, he swept the gem into his mouth, enjoying the taste of the gem, which oddly enough tasted like a sour green apple.

Then he picked up the note, and began to read.

“Dear Draco, meet us in Sugarcube corner. Love, AJ”

He put the note down. The bakery, why would they want him to go there? Why..... He facehoofed as he realized what day it was. How could he forget his own birthday!

Smiling, he glanced at the clock on the wall noticing it was nearing mid-day. He ran out the door, eager to see what sort of party the girls had in store for him. Opening his wings he leaped into the sky, soaring towards the bakery.

As he flew over the town, his keen eyes spotted a cyan colored blur dash from a hiding spot, and into the bakery. The he watched with glee as the lights turned off. Acting as if he had seen nothing the dragon-colt landed before the darkened bakery, gingerly pushing the door open.

“Hello?”

The door closed behind him, and even knowing what was coming he nearly jumped out of his skin as the lights turned on, and everypony yelled. “SURPRISE!”

Pinkie pie hopped before him, assaulting him with questions. “DIDYOULIKEIT?!”

“This is great Pinkie!”

He then watched as the pink mare hopped over to Wolfsbane and began to nuzzle him, he smiled at the affection the two showed each other.

Then a pair of hooves dropped over his eyes a country voice saying. “Guess who sugarcube.”

Draco brought a hoof to his chin rubbing it as he pondered.

“Let's see, country accent, orange hooves, and a loving tone in the voice can mean only one thing!” Swiftly Draco, removed the hooves from his eyes and turned to kiss AJ. After a few moments he pulled away to see a cute blush rising upon her cheeks.

“AW shucks, I guess ah can't fool yah.”

Draco smiled at his marefriend, but froze as something caught his attention. His eyes shifted around the room, searching. Every draconic instinct screamed at him to move to get out of the way, but it was far too late.

A gray colored pegasus stallion tackled the half-breed, placing a shining ruby upon the base of his neck, before dashing out the door, yelling. “FOR Nazhærn!”

Shaking his head, Draco got up, dimly, he heard AJ ask if he was alright. Looking down, Draco spotted the ruby on his neck. Then it flashed draining of color turning into an ugly gray color.

The gem fell from his neck, clanking to the ground, the sound loud in the silence of the party.

Everypony stared at him, as his eyes narrowed and widened chaotically. His hearing faded and came back, he could hear his friends as if from a great distance. Then a voice spoke in his mind.

“TOOOOUUUUCHIIINNNGGGG...... A pity I will destroy them all, your power is now mine foal! NOW I will use you to break free of my accursed prison! MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!”

The gathered friends stared at the frozen Draco, They reared back as his eyes flashed and turned a sickly violet color.

Draco smiled, and spoke his voice turned deep and gravely laced with evil.

“FOALS! This world is mine now! ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE NAZHÆRN THE TRAITOR!”

Twilight gasped. “Release him!”

Draco glanced at the mare, waving a hoof enveloped in rainbow flames. Twilight lurched backwards, shunted against a nearby wall.

Draco laughed evilly, galloping out the bakery, towards the center of town.

AJ helped up her unicorn friend off the ground. “What tha hay was that?”

“An evil dragon, one who vowed to rule Equestria in a iron grip! We have to stop him! SPIKE! Tell Celestia we need the Elements ASAP!”

The baby dragon nodded, frantically writing a letter then sending it off in a puff of smoke. The six friends then galloped put the door, towards Draco. They found him standing in the middle of an arcane circle. The circle flared with rainbow flames, encompassing the half-breed.

Then beside the six friends two flashes of light appeared. The friends looked over and saw both Celestia AND Luna.

Draco turned to the rulers and evil smile upon his face. The half-breed spoke, the rulers gasping as the recognized the voice.

“Celestia, Luna how GOOD to see you again! It has been a LONG time... but of course you know this. After all.... You helped my brother IMPRISON ME!”

“Nazhærn!”

“Glad to see you remember me... too bad to can't stop me from getting my freedom!”

"That's where you're wrong!” Celestia growled, floating five necklaces and a tiara over to the six friends.

Draco smiled again noticing the artifacts. “Foal. Don't you remember who GAVE you those artifacts?! ME! And I am immune to their power! Freedom will be mine!”

The girls donned the elements aiming at the half-breed, determined to free their friend

Draco waved a hoof, incanting a spell, protected by his arcane circle. “For thou who sleeps in stone and clay! Heed this call, rise and obey! Trek unto the mortal door, Assemble flesh and WALK ONCE MORE!”

The girls fired the elements, but the energy was redirected into the circle, which erupted in a column of rainbow fire.

The girls and the rulers gasped as a great thundering crack sounded in the stillness of the air, a rift forming in midair before them.

Out from the rift stepped a dragon, his wings fused into his front arms, his mouth and eyes glowing an icy blue. Armor covered his body part of it melted and twisted from the corruption in the once great dragon's heart. Strange icy runes glowed on the skin of his wings, shining like miniature stars.

The dragon reared on it's hind legs, flaring his wings, exulting in his freedom. “FREEEE!!!!!”

The dragon of betrayal swept his tail sideways, sending the limp form of Draco skidding over to the group of mares. They gathered around him, smiling as they saw him open his eyes weakly staring at the corrupted dragon.

The dragon glared at Draco. He smiled, his fangs showing, back-lit by the glowing of his mouth. “Enjoy your last days half-breed. For soon Equestria will be mine!” With an evil laugh, (Skip to about 1:09 to hear the laugh) Nazhærn vanished in a teleport spell.

Twilight, still standing by her downed friend, looked to her mentor. “What do we do now. How do we stop him.”

Celestia looked down sadly, a tear streaming down her cheek. “I don't know Twilight, I just don't know.

(AN: WHAM! Another cliff hangar. Sorry about the wait, had to figure some stuff out! Hope yall enjoyed this chapter!)