• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 4,271 Views, 143 Comments

Heart of Pony, Wings of Dragon - Huntermjiolnir



A half breed comes to Ponyville

  • ...
5
 143
 4,271

Calm Before the Storm

Chapter 6: Calm Before the Storm.
(AN: Draco's in a pickle, no way to stop Nazhærn? Goodness.)

In a cave, some distance from Ponyville

Nazhærn is pacing the floor muttering to himself, occasionally glancing at his minion, the gray pegasus stallion.

“I'm free after all those years.....” The dragon lets loose an evil laugh. “FREE! And it's thanks to you, my faithful minion.”

The pegasus bows. “I live to serve my lord.”

“Now, I need a plan....”

“But sir, why not just take over Equestria!?”

The dragon glares at his minion, snarling ferociously. “FOAL! If I tried that without a plan it would end no better then last time! I was imprisoned last time because I had no plan! I will NOT make the same mistake.”

“Then what do we do?”

The dragon smiles, his great wings brushing against his chin, in thought. “I believe I need help....”

“HELP?! But... you're the dragon of betrayal! One of the most evil beings in Equestria.”

“Yes I am.... however if even I cannot take over Equestria by myself, we need help.... And I know two beings we can free who can give us just the help we need......” The great dragon laughs, his laughter becoming more maniacal by the moment. The pegasus minion nervously laughs with his laughter. The dragon suddenly stops laughing growling loudly enough to make the cave shake. “SILENCE!!!!”

“You will listen, my minion. I have need of you!”

The pegasus bows again. “I live to serve.”

“Good, I need you to awaken two very important ponies....”

“Give me their names, and a way to awaken them and I shall!”

The dragon pushes two gleaming gems towards the pegasus. One is an amethyst, shining with dark energy, the other is an opal, shimmering chaotically.

“Take these, the opal is for Discord; the amethyst for Nightmare Moon.”

“Discord?! NIGHTMARE MOON?!” The pegasus asks fearfully.

The dragon merely nods and grins. “If they ask why you freed them, tell them where I am... then return. If you fail.... you can be assured that ponies will tremble in fear at the mere MENTION of your punishment for millenia to come!”

The pegasus gulps and picks up the gems soaring out into the world.

Nazhærn looks out of the cave, into Equestria, smiling evilly. “SSSSSSSSOOOOOOONNNNNNN.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Ponyville library

Twilight, her friends and the princesses sat in the middle of the library, most looking morose.

Draco groaned and wobbled, falling into his marefriend.

Celestia, knowing what was going on, leaned over and touched her horn to his forehead. A brief spell later, and Draco shook his head recovered from having all the magic drained from his body.

“Thank you Princess.”

“You're welcome. Now, I believe we need a plan of action....”

“Our sister is correct, should we attempt to fight Nazhærn without a plan we will surely fail.”

“Princess, why is he immune to the Elements?” Twilight asked, the other ponies looking at the ruler questioningly.

“Nazhærn was not always evil, before his jealousy and rage consumed him, he was a fair and gentle ruler. He was always fascinated with artifacts, during his time, he helped us defeat Discord by giving us the elements, when he gave them to us I think he was beginning to grow jealous and full of hate. So he made himself immune to the power of the elements. He......”

The princess was interrupted as Shining Armor, looking haggard and worn out teleported into the library.

“Your majesty...”

“Captain! What is they matter?!”

“A pegasus.... he.... released them. They're free!”

“Who's free brother?”

“Discord, Nightmare moon. We didn't realize what he was doing until it was too late.... We couldn't stop him.”

The ponies looked down, then back up as a second flash filled the library.

“Shining! Are you alright?!”

The unicorn got up, looking into the eyes of Princess Cadence, his wife.

“I'm fine dear, did you get out okay?”

“Yes, but... Canterlot.... It's in ruins......”

The ponies all turned to look at the ruling sisters.

“What do we do now?” Rainbow asked.

As the princess looked to them they could see a tear flowing down her regal face, they could tell she regretted the decision she made. “We prepare....”

“For what?”

“For war.”

(AN: Sorry for the short chapter Real life issues killing my writing time. But still, Ponies making war! Man this is getting good. Can they defeat the three most evil beings Equestria has ever seen? You'll just have to wait and see won't you?!)