• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 858 Views, 31 Comments

Friction fitting - Hope



A psychotic wakes up as a psychotic pony, just another day in the life of Screw Loose and Faith Tamera.

  • ...
3
 31
 858

We reap what we sow.

Chapter 8[title: we reap what we sow]

I sit in the middle of a large room, blinking tears out of my eyes.

There is a couch and an actual doghouse with a cushion inside. Not a bullshit plastic one like the ones Faith had seen in Home Depot and chuckled about, with their fake wood grain and warped edges. It is actually wood, painted, with an attached floor.

A pizza box and three cups of mountain dew sit on the low coffee table, still bubbling. An old projection style TV is positioned so that it can be seen from the sofa or the doghouse, with a TV box already attached with Netflix open and the remote on the coffee table.

In front of the dog house there are a pair of chew toy style rubber bones, the type that squeak, There’s a dog-bowl of water, and a dog-bowl of cereal.

It feels like Faith could sit on the couch and Screw could curl up in the dog house and they could coexist in peace.

Before I can fully process what I am looking at, tears are dripping from my cheeks, and my chest is shaking with buried sobs. I try to strangle the emotions, but find them overwhelming me too quickly. I lay down and let myself cry for a while, trying to even understand why I am crying, and failing.

When I get up, I go to the pizza first. IT’s greasy and unhealthy but it’s hot and covered in a variety of veggies. After three slices I look to the TV. It takes some fiddling with the remote, but I start some documentary about penguins playing, and finally I’m left with a decision. The couch, or the dog house.

I look around, checking the room and even the sofa to make sure there aren’t any cameras, that I’m not being watcher or mocked for letting my guard down. Then, once I feel safe, I take one of the cups of soda into the dog house and curl up to watch the show, some itching in the back of my mind being temporarily soothed, giving me a moment of peace.

It feels a little like a performance for my own benefit. No audience, but these are still actions I am taking that fit a script, a certain narrative. If I was being watched, I would feel like a fool.

I growl, I bite the chew toy and grin when I find they’ve washed it so there isn’t some bad flavor on it. I run around the room in a tight circle before returning to my dog house and laying back down, panting a little from the sudden burst of energy.

I can feel my identity dying, in a way, as I stop second guessing everything I have been doing. As I stop holding such tight control on my actions and emotions. I am slipping into an absence of self that feels wonderful.

I become aware again as my teeth sink into the arm of a nurse, and I taste blood. Something about the coppery tang brings me back from blissful oblivion, but I do not come back peacefully. I’m thrashing, kicking and snarling. Though my heart isn’t in it. It fades, it slowly becomes a weary exhaustion that creeps in as I’m pinned to a familiar steel table and strapped down,

George is watching, his expression frightened and concerned.

For the first time since we’ve met we’re both bare. He is letting his emotions show, his true reaction to me, and I am just barely regaining control over the darkness within me.

We look at eachother for a bit as the nurses catch their breath, staying nearby in case I start fighting again.

“You seem to be more aware now,” George says, his voice carefully steady. “So I’ll ask again. Why did you attack the TV?”

I remember. It’s colossally stupid, but I remember just barely because it is so recent in my mind.

“There was a bird,” I say with a grin, trying not to laugh. “There was a bird and it was green, and the darkness wanted to catch and kill it!”

I can’t stop myself, I start to laugh. I laugh until I cry, unable to stop, head hanging low and my whole body hanging from the straps as I try to curl in on myself.

George puts his hand on my back and stays with me as I cry, a small and unexpected comfort as I repeat it to myself.

“I wanted to kill it. I wanted to kill it.”

/chapter 8

Comments ( 3 )

Does Faith Tamera sound like Tamara from the Nostalgia Critic?

8364444
Maybe after a 4 year smoking habit and losing all sense of self, yeah. Though I'm sure the Tamera from Nostalgia critic is more chill when not on a video, I only watched one video so I'm not pretending to know the woman.
Faith Tamera sounds more like Charlize Theron with a throat problem.

Woah. Damn. That got deep. I, I don't know if I should be happy, excited, or a bit scared that I can understand and see parallels in my own life.
"Just because I'm not me right now doesn't mean that I'm not me at all."
I think I said that once, one of me did anyway.
We are all different people throughout our life, bit its when we disect and seperate our selves that the confusion starts. And when we seperate our light and dark totally, if even for a moment, we see how good and how bad we can be. Being afraid of the dark and being the one in the dark you are afraid of. Learning the good in the bad and the bad in the good.
Me. We. I. Thats how to break down yourself.
Me, the one that thinks its whole and speaks with no knowledge of the rest of itself
We, the process of seperating me from the rest and treating them seperate from itself.
I, the unification of the whole and an understanding of all of the self.

When someone is forced to break, they can't be put together right, like using a hammer on a piece of wood rather than a chisel.

Well, I don't know why that came out, but it fits the theme of the story. I hope to eventually see more of this story in the future, I really enjoyed reading it.

Login or register to comment