• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 293 Views, 5 Comments

Hidden in Plain Sight - Burly Bubble



Sometimes everypony just needs a bit of down time, but for some ponies it's a bit difficult to get away from everything to have that down time.

  • ...
 5
 293

Sad Reality

(Warning: Contains teeny tiny spoiler to Season 1 Episode 20. If for whatever reason you are reading fimfics without watching the show, you have been warned.)

And so, Hidden and Fluttershy met yet again. And again. And again. Their little meetings remained happy after Hidden's tale of sorrow. But great things don't last forever. Eventually the truth came to light for Fluttershy and her friend Rarity. When they realized neither of them really wanted Fluttershy to be a model (for differing reasons) Fluttershy no longer had to run from crowds when she went into public. Her life was finally back to normal. She didn't even notice she'd forgotten somepony until she heard some little colts talking about being ninjas and turning invisible.

Fluttershy flew as fast as she could toward the alley where she usually met Hidden. She felt unbelievably guilty that she had just forgotten about him. She really hoped he was there, so she could apologize. She doubted he would be there though.

Fluttershy swooped down into the alley. She looked around for a moment then gave up, remembering he was probably invisible, if he was there at all.

"Hidden? Are you there? I'm so sorry I forgot, just a lot of things came up and..."

She let the sentence trail off. If he had been there he probably would have interrupted her with a 'it's fine' or something like he usually did. Fluttershy hung her head. She couldn't believe what she'd done. She'd practically taken advantage of him to escape her problems, then once they were gone, she forgot about him.

But she hadn't just been using him. She'd enjoyed his company. And she was certain he'd enjoyed her company. He had to. He had always smiled when they talked.

"Oh I hope he doesn't hate me..."

Fluttershy glumly began to walk Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie was having a party and she'd been on her way when she'd heard the colts talking. Fluttershy looked up. Maybe he knew she'd fixed her problem, and knowing she'd be alright without his help, he continued his search for his friend. Fluttershy sniffed. The thought made her feel better but she couldn't help but feel she was thinking up excuses. She may never know what happened to Hidden, but she hoped he would at least find his friend. It was the least she could do.

Princess Luna watched the yellow mare walk down the street. She knew she should tell the poor dear what she'd done. Luna had seen the poor mare suffering from the modeling, so she'd sent her sweet dreams. Sweet dreams of a colt she once knew. She'd known the colt over one thousand years ago. The little dear had sneaked up on her while he was invisible, though he apparently couldn't help it. She'd helped him become visible again, but he kept coming back. She'd enjoyed the little colts company, but she knew he could accomplish greater things in life than being company for a lonely princess. When he grew older she sent him to go discover his true talent, however he never returned. She still had no idea what happened to Hidden, but she uses his image and story to make ponies realize their situation isn't as bad as it seems. She missed him dearly, but she hoped he would be happy to be remembered by so many ponies he'd never met. All Hidden had ever wanted was a friend, and Luna made sure he made many, or at least he made friends with ponies in their dreams.

Comments ( 3 )

The premise of this short fiction is really, really good. I like the story and I like the ending. Well worth reading through it.

I'm guessing that English is probably your second language; the story could certainly use some editing to get the tenses right, and help it flow a little better: but once done I think it could be a real favourite.

3277337 unfortunately its not my second language, but i wrote this after being awake for 34 hours. I don't know why, I just felt like writing, then i passed out. Woke up this morning and realized i'd made an account and wrote a story cause i was sleep deprived.:facehoof:

3277438 As Fluttershy would say: "oh.... my!"

Seriously though, take an editor to this story because I think it's a real rough diamond.

Login or register to comment