• Published 24th Sep 2013
  • 2,578 Views, 78 Comments

Tales of Apple Scratch: The Council of Harmony - Mariacheat-Brony



The greatest cultural authority in the land of Equestria, a group of young minds chosen directly by the two High-Princesses to represent them. Six young women who holds a great influence on their nation's future. Read how were they chosen?

  • ...
7
 78
 2,578

Pinkie's Party Cannon: model 1.0. by G3K0771

"Wrench, wrench, wrench....." Pinkie Pie stated as she hopped around the room.

"Where's the wrench?"

Throwing a toolbox and two boxes across the workshop and into a corner, she picked up the gleaming wrench from underneath.

"There you are, gotcha!"

Pinkie Pie turned back to her latest project, that was taking up most of the room in her rather small workshop/party planning station. It was a huge cannon painted a matte blue with the words "PARTY CANNON 1.0" painted in block letters with white paint. Towards the back of the cannon, on the top, was a short rope that connected to the firing mechanism inside the device. Just below that, were two large wheels, both a deep purple with a neon pink outline. Neither of the wheels were attached however, which Pinkie Pie quickly remedied with a few quick turns of her wrench.

"Hmmm, I feel like it's missing something..." Pinkie Pie said, eyeing the contraption.

"What do you think Gummy?" Pinkie Pie inquired as she turned to his position.
In the far corner of the workshop, was a small pink upholstered chair with a lamp hanging from the ceiling overhead. This chair was the area in which Pinkie Pie's newborn pet alligator spent most of his time. He had hatched around a week earlier, much to Pinkie Pie's delight. However, after an incident involving Gummy, Pinkie Pie's mother, and the kitchen of the rock farm's farmhouse he had to have his teeth removed.

Gummy, upon hearing Pinkie Pie's inquiry, just blinked. To most people this would have been seen as a sign of indifference, but to his owner it was his way of communicating.

"It needs flowers? Okie doki then!"

PInkie Pie skipped over to one of the shelves positioned around the room and pulled two paint cans off. She whipped around to face the cannon, causing the paint can in her right hand hit a nearby shovel, sending it into the shelf's supports. It collapsed, with the paint can's falling right behind Pinkie Pie and creating a large crashing noise.

Pinkie Pie winced, and glanced towards the door. The racket the the falling paint cans had made might have been heard at the farmhouse, which was what she was fearing.
She quickly bounced around the room, putting the shelf back on the wall, then putting the paint cans back on it. As she finished, she heard the sound of stomping outside of her workshop, then a knock.

"Come in!" Pinkie called out with feigned happiness.

The door opened and Pinkie Pie's Dad poked his head in.

"Pinkamena, you woke your mother and me up with that racket. Try to keep it down."

"Oki doki loki Daddy! I'll just test this far away from the house."

As he closed the door he muttered, "She'd better not damage any of our crop this time."

Getting back to work, Pinkie grabbed two paint brushes and put them in separate paint cans. jumping to each side of the cannon, she painted two white flowers with yellow centers on the wheels.

After surveying it for a minute, from all possible angles, Pinkie reached the conclusion that it was as complete as it was going to get.

"Yay, it's done! Let's go test it!"

Pinkie Pie skipped over to Gummy and placed him on her shoulder. After opening the door, she went back over to the Party Cannon and began pushing it to one of the outer fields.


Pinkie Pie had just finished the final preparations when Gummy hopped off of her shoulder and onto the Party Cannon.

“Gummy, if you wanted off you could’ve just asked!” Pinkie said.

Gummy just blinked and slipped off, waddling over to a small patch of grass and lying down.

After making sure the device was secured to the ground, Pinkie picked up a nearby rock and prepared to throw it.

“Lets get this party started!” she yelled with excitement and hurled the rock as hard as she could.

The rock soared through the air, lining up perfectly with the trajectory of the cannon around 100 feet away. Pinkie Pie let out a whoop and tugged on the firing rope.

BOOM!

The noise that the cannon let out was huge, but the barrage of streamers and confetti was even larger. It blew back all of the nearby rocks, flattened the plantlife, and shook the ground. The cloud of party decorations barreled past the rock that Pinkie had thrown, hitting it out of the air, but the cloud continued flying until Pinkie Pie couldn’t see it anymore.

“Maybe I should turn the power down…”


Princess Luna was having a good day. She and her sister had already found and recruited 5 young ladies to be part of the Council of Harmony, and they only needed one more candidate. She was flying in a carriage with an armed escort, on her way to Stalliongrad to attend a meeting with the mayor of the town.

She looked out over the countryside, gazing at the acres of rock farms. A rainbow colored blur caught her eye and she turned her attention towards it.

‘Hmm, that’s odd. Whoever that is is going extremely fast. A courier perhaps? But as far as I know only Rainbow Dash has that kind of contrail...’

As the blur quickly travelled closer, Princess Luna saw that it wasn’t a person, but rather a… cloud?

A guard spotted the rainbow cloud and moved across the carriage to the princess.

“Princess! We’ve spotted a-- WHAT THE HELL?!”

The cloud roared as it rocketed past the carriage with the force of a hurricane. Pelting the Princess and her guards, the vehicle flipped over on its side spilling out its passengers as it went into a steep nosedive, straight towards a nearby rock farm.


Pinkie Pie watched as the spinning chariot began its descent towards her rock farm.

“Oh no, oh no!”

After watching the cloud fly past the point that she could see it, Pinkie had quickly grabbed her Party Cannon and Gummy, and set off after it.

Now, she was sprinting towards the inevitable wreck of the chariot that was coming down on the outskirts of her farm.
“Oh, I hope no one was hurt!” Pinkie said as she watched the chariot hit the ground, with what seemed like a person underneath.

Now, only around 150 meters away from the chariot wreck, she called out.

“Hold on, I’ll be right there!”


Princess Luna was now having a bad day. After her chariot was impacted by a cloud of assorted party supplies, her Jupitarian guards had attempted to get her off of the structure before anyone else. She instead yelled at them to get everybody else, the ones incapable of flight to the ground safely.

When she had evacuated everyone, she and her Jupitarian guards had tried to fly down themselves, only to be swatted out of the air by the spinning chariot.

Now, she was partially buried underneath the flipped vehicle, which she was sure would give her bruises later.

She heard a very high pitched voice yell,

“Hold on, I’ll be right there!”

Princess Luna attempted to flip over to push the chariot off, but could not get into a suitable position to do so, instead just pushing herself deeper into the soft dirt. She also attempted to levitate the structure off of her, but found that she couldn’t concentrate enough to do so, her knock on the head from the chariot giving her a splitting headache. She resigned to kicking the heavy vehicle, producing only a small clang each time.

Hopefully her Lunar Guard would find her soon, or she would have to start destroying things to get out.


Pinkie Pie sprinted into the scene of the wreck, looking around for the chariot’s occupants.

“Where is everyone? I thought I saw other people. Shouldn’t there be people flying in a carriage?”

The only response she received was in the form of a small clank.

*clank*

Pinkie Pie walked over to the chariot and knocked on the side.

*clank* *clank*

“Oh my gosh!” Pinkie exclaimed, “There’s someone under there! Don’t worry, I’ll get you out!”

She ran back over to the Party Cannon and pulled it alongside the carriage. Turning the device towards the vehicle and the power down, she grabbed the rope and tugged.

The Party Cannon let out a much smaller *BLAM*, and shot out a small concussive blast that blew the chariot over onto its other side and covered it in assorted party supplies, revealing the figure underneath. Before Pinkie Pie could get a good look at the person, there was an extremely loud, “STOP RIGHT THERE!”

Pinkie Pie turned around in surprise to see two full squads of Lunar Guards, with their weapons pointed at her.

“You’re under arrest for assault upon the Princess! Please, kneel down and put your hands on your head!”

Pinkie Pie did as he was told, then let out a sigh.

“I’m in a lot of trouble….”


Princess Luna walked next to their eccentric prisoner. The pink-haired girl had at first thrown a fit when they were mistreating “Gummy”, who was apparently her pet… toothless alligator?

Right now, she was rambling on about baking cupcakes or something of the sort, worsening Princess Luna’s headache.

Only then did she realize that the girl had stopped talking, and was now looking at her expectantly.

“What was that again?” Princess Luna asked.

“Oh, I was just saying how I was really, really sorry for accidentally hitting you with my Party Cannon.” Pinkie Pie said with regret apparent in her voice.

“Party….. Cannon?” Princess Luna glanced over at the machine that had managed to inflict so much damage upon the Royal Chariot.

“I was meaning to question you about that device.” Princess Luna said, “What kind of parents would entrust their child with a device that dangerous?”

“Oh no silly, my Mom and Dad didn’t get it for me, I built it myself!”

Princess Luna continued to walk along with the enthusiastic girl in shock. While the girl prattled on about her various inventions, the Princess was only half listening. This girl was clearly much more clever than she seemed, and the other member of the Council had come from unexpected places as well….

Princess Luna interrupted Pinkie Pie’s rambling.

“Listen, I would like to see your inventions.”

Pinkie Pie squeed.

“In exchange for you showing me them, I shall release you and….”

“And?” Pinkie Pie inquired.

“I may be able to offer you a job.”

“AWWWW YEAH!” Pinkie Pie leaped in the air with her fist held above her head.

“Let’s go!” Pinkie Pie grabbed Princess Luna’s wrist and dragged along after her, skipping all the way back to her farm, the Lunar Guard struggling to keep up.


Claude Pie and his wife awoke to a pounding at the door. Groaning at the second disturbance in the space of a few hours that had woken him, he slipped out of bed and walked to the door in his pajamas.

The pounding on the door increased in frequency and volume.

“I’m coming, I’m coming.”

He wrenched open the door and let loose a long yawn.

“Whadda ya want-- HUH?!”

At his doorstep stood Her Royal Majesty herself! He could hardly believe it. One of the country’s rulers had come to visit his humble rock farm? Unfathomable.

“Hello,” Princess Luna said happily. “Are you Claude Pie?”

Claude was shocked, and had to gather his excitement up into a ball and push it into a corner.

“Erm, yes your Majesty. That is me.”

Princess Luna nodded and stepped aside revealing a scene that yet again shocked the man.

“And is this your daughter?”

Behind Princess Luna, on the porch of his house, was a squad of Lunar Guards, all burying their faces into brightly colored cupcakes. Behind them, was another squad of Lunar Guards, all of them playing tag, with Pinkie Pie leading the group.

Claude just stood there and gaped, staring out the doorway.

“Great,” Princess Luna said happily, “I’d like to talk to you about her possibly joining the Council of Harmony!”

All Claude could let out was a very small, “Whaaaaa…..” before fainting.

“Honey, what’s all the commotion about? Is there something going on?” Claude’s wife inquired as she walked down the stairs, before being met with the same sights that her husband had seen, and promptly fainted as well.

Pinkie Pie just held out a tray behind the baffled Princess.

“Cupcake, your Highness?”

Author's Note:

And finally, Pinkie's story had been released.

Written by my faithful editor : G3K0771
(it's his first attempt at Ponyfiction (without ponies though :p))

Hoping you've enjoyed it.

Mariacheat-Brony.

Now, as you see, we have 6 six Council members, but only 5 chapters.... Anyone is ready to volunteer for Twilight's story? (let me know by comment or PM)

Comments ( 8 )

I thought I was going to choke to death because of the laughter when I read how Luna was planning to get herself out of the whole mess by destroying things, that and the behaviour of the Lunar Guard in the end. Everything can be solved with the help of cupcakes and games.

This was indeed a great chapter, keep writing!.

Aye, this was rather amusing to read. Good work.:pinkiehappy:

tenia la sensación de:applejackunsure: que pinkie se había unido al consejo de una manera muy peculiar y este finc me lo confirmo gran trabajo para ser el primero

3822191 I think it was a nice detail, Spike is as important as the other girls and this can explain how Twily and him developed such a great friendship.

3822292 yeah, that's what I had first envisioned. That and it shows that Twilight wasn't just obsessed with learning more magic :twilightsmile:

3824240 :twilightoops: lol :pinkiehappy:

well, it was part of her description in the thread Physical Data for AppleScratch Universe, and it was such a specific range of color that I just used it as an identifier (especially as the rest of her family isn't that same color).

Now that image is going to be stuck in my head too :derpytongue2::pinkiehappy:

3826390 Buuuuuuuttt? What about Sunbutt? :raritywink::pinkiehappy:

Seriously though... what's wrong with the ending?:trixieshiftright:

3888557 :rainbowderp::trixieshiftright: As much as I wish to bask in the adoration, may I inquire exactly what brought this sudden feeling? :trixieshiftright::twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment