• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 1,299 Views, 16 Comments

A Kinda Sorta Adventure - jdl179



Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are having a day of pranks, it doesnt go according to plan.

  • ...
6
 16
 1,299

Chapter 3

Chapter 3: The Chapter Based On Footwear

“Oh my gosh Dashie, this place is exactly as I remember it.” Pinkie rushed over the heavily swaying bridge, “I can’t believe this whole place stood for so long, it feels like decades since we came here and saved the princess from Queen Meanie.”

They pushed open the heavy stone door; they stared in awe of the massive castle now in the light of day. The overgrowth seemed less menacing, the windows broken as they were, less terrifying. They moved deeper into the castle, memories of their newfound friendship flooding back to them.

“I remember this; this is where we defeated Nightmare Moon.” Rainbow said as she pushed past Pinkie. She smiled proudly while Pinkie bounced beside her.

“Yeah, and we got to see Princess Celestia and see Princess Luna for the first time in a thousand years!”

Rainbow shuddered and rubbed a foreleg against her flank, she said, “Yeah and then she showed up for that one Nightmare Night, let’s just say she became kinda a pain in my flank.”

“What she do?” Pinkie asked, “Did she try to bite you like she did to Pip? Or did she make one of those spiders climb up on top of you?”

“It was more like she reversed a prank on me.”

“Oh, now I get it,” with that, Pinkie held a hoof over her mouth to stifle her laughter, “Oh she got you good Dashie.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Rainbow pouted, “At least I wasn’t a chicken whenever I saw her.”

“Oh Dashie, you know that was just a costume,” Pinkie pulled Rainbow past the grand hall and into one of the corridors of the castle, “Come on, while were here we can explore, maybe we can find Luna’s sock drawer.”

They walked through the corridors, shadows blanketing the walls. They trekked through the corridors, Pinkie’s voice cutting through the dark. Anytime they would find a door leading to a new room, Pinkie would bounce in and leave Rainbow outside waiting for Pinkie to give her the verdict of the room. She would leave the room and saying something like, “There were so much flour in there.” Or, “Can you believe Princess Celestia had a whole room full of statues?”

They wandered the halls, exploring and sharing funny comments and laughing at the ridiculousness of some of the rooms. Pinkie would occasionally take an item from one of the rooms, saying it was, “you never know when you could use something like this, Dashie.”

The sun was beginning to set before Rainbow Dash alerted Pinkie; Pinkie continued to urge Rainbow further. The largely unbroken panes of glass slowly dimmed the halls, leaving the two mares in the slowly fading light. Rainbow grew steadily more impatient with each minute that Pinkie urged her further. “Come on Pinkie,” she groaned, “It’s already too late to get back to Ponyville in time.”

“Come on Dashie,” Pinkie protested, “Socks! What could be better than finding Princess Luna’s lost sock treasure?”

“A lotta things are better than socks,” Rainbow said, “Ponies aren’t supposed to wear socks anyw-“

Pinkie jammed a hoof into her mouth before she could finish, “Shhhhhhhh,” Pinkie said, “Look.” Pinkie lifted a hoof towards the end of one of the many hallways; she pushed a protesting Rainbow towards the door. The door was small and unassuming; yet it was flanked by two stone statues. The statues stood tall in the waning light, there polished stone armor catching any light that it still could. It continued to do this all the way down to their... Socks.

“I have a feeling this could be the room were looking for.” Pinkie said. She examined the stone guard’s socks and said, “You can tell by the markings that these statues were meant to guard the sock treasury.” She reared up and pushed against the door, but the door remained unyielding against her push, “Dashie, come help me here.”

Rainbow groaned and trotted towards the door; she placed her hooves on Pinkie’s back and gave a hefty push. Combined with Pinkie’s force, the door gave way with a crack, causing both of them to tumble into the darkness that swallowed the room.

“Ugh,” Rainbow peeled herself off the floor; she pulled something off her wing and tried to look around the room. “Pinkie,” she called, “Where are you? It’s too dark in here.”

Light slowly filtered into the room; Rainbow searched for any sign of pink in the mounds of socks she saw. She moved to and fro, picking up any pink, magenta, even red sock she could find. She pulled up a pile of graying socks to find Pinkie; she was curled up in a cocoon of socks and tightly hugging a few rolls of tightly wrapped socks.

“Pinkie comes on,” Rainbow said, desperately shaking her friend, “This place gives me the creeps. I know it’s just socks but I still have a bad feeling about this place”

“Just one more cupcake momma...” Pinkie yawned and sat up, “Oh hi Rainbow Dash, what’s going on?” Pinkie looked around the room and gasped, “Are we in Princess Luna’s secre-“

“Princess Luna’s secret sock storage, yes!” Rainbow hissed. She grabbed Pinkie’s tail and rushed for door. Pinkie broke out of her sleepy daze and excitedly looked around the room, taking in all the glory that footwear could yield.

“Isn’t this exciting, Dashie? Are you excited? Because im so excited to be here!” Pinkie pulled her tail out of Rainbow’s grasp and bounced toward a random pile of socks. She gave a great leap before landing with a soft woomph. “All these socks and so much we could do with them.” She cheered. She wadded up a few socks and presented it to Rainbow; Rainbow picked up the sock ball and looked at Pinkie expectantly. “SOCK FIGHT!” Pinkie cheered, disappearing into one of the many sock drawers.

Rainbow stood in the middle of the room, dumbfounded. “Pinkie, we don’t have time for this.” She dropped the ball and looked into the drawer Pinkie disappeared into. The drawer contained nothing besides a note. Rainbow read the note and mumbled, “Behind you?”

“Well it’s more like to your left and behind but close enough.”

Rainbow turned towards the voice, only to be pelted with dozens of sock balls. She rushed behind a large pile of blue socks, and searched for her pink assailant. Pinkie bounced towards her, several tightly balled up socks in her mouth. Rainbow grabbed a large pile of the socks and tossed them at Pinkie. The force of the sockwave pushed Pinkie into a several large mounds of socks.

“I got you now Pinkie!” Rainbow cheered. She snickered and began flinging socks back at her friend, who returned volley after volley.
______________________________________________________________________________

“Those were OURS, who do those impudent whelps think they are?”

“Please, we agreed that no matter what happened we wouldn’t deviate from the plan.”

“That may be, but what wouldst thou say to beginning the final phase.”

“I’ll be ready for them then, remember to lead them towards then throne room.”
______________________________________________________________________________
Rainbow crawled slowly across the floor, cradling her artillery, “Got a little present for her.” she thought. The last volley the enemy returned broke the barricade, leaving Rainbow vulnerable to attack. Thinking quickly, Rainbow dove into a nearby trench. The sound of the barrage overhead, Rainbow gathered her resolve and made a break for freedom. Soft woomphs echoed around her as she dodged the volleys of socks. The enemy never saw her escape, so their trajectory continued to target the now destroyed mass of socks. She climbed towards the summit of the largest sock pile, her enemy sat poised in the middle of the no-man’s land. She readied her payload, sighted her enemy, and fired the first volley.

“SNEAK ATTACK!” she shouted, hurling sock-ball after sock ball at the pink menace. The enemy only figured out about the barrage once the first few shots hit the ground, she could only stare in shock and awe as she prepared to meet Celestia. The first shot landed on her eye, blinding her. She felt each consecutive shot against her body. Her cries were drowned out by the soft woomphs echoing through the air.

Rainbow ended her assault and waited, poised for a sneak attack. The enemy lay half buried in a pile of munitions, defeated. Rainbow glided towards her enemy, glowing in her now apparent victory. “General Pinkie!” she barked, “I am here to demand your unconditional surrender. Come quietly or face the wrath of the Great Dash Empire.”

General Pinkie raised her hoof towards her enemy; Rainbow grabbed it and pulled her back onto her feet. “Great acting Dashie,” Pinkie chirped, “I could really feel when you were ordering me around.” Pinkie slipped a sock onto her foreleg and held it out for her friend.

Rainbow tugged a sock onto her own leg shook hooves with Pinkie, “Truce.” She said, proud of her victory. Pinkie giggled and returned the truce.

“Very cute performance girls, but we believe it’s time for you little show to end.”

They turned towards the voice, trembling.

Nightmare Moon stood in the middle of the room; the lights in the room dimmed, accenting her terrifying form. A glow formed on her horn, lifting all the socks into the air. They soared around the room, quickly forming into a large ball above the terrible villain. “Im afraid you girls won’t be leaving this place anytime soon,” She declared triumphantly, “After all, I’ve never seen two little ponies dig their way out of several tons of footwear.”

Rainbow stood paralyzed, she stared in awe as the ball of socks descended. Her body was paralyzed as her sock tomb consumed her. Her body curled under the weight. She was trapped.

Pinkie bounded out of the way, leaving the sock tomb to consume Rainbow. She watched horrified as her friend was buried, leaving her to face Nightmare Moon alone. “I can’t abandon my friend,” she cried, she grabbed the Pinkie Pie-Launcher out of her saddlebags, “So I guess I have to break that promise to the bronies.” She flipped up a small switch and set the safety off, “Nightmare moon,” she shouted, breaking the mare’s reverie, “Say hello to my little best friend!”

Nightmare Moon stared dumbfounded at the pink pony, then she felt something slam against her body, she saw foam smeared across her body, she tasted a little of the cream and shuddered, banana cream.

Pinkie fired pie after pie at the wicked mare, covering her in pie tins. She backed up as the barrage continued, forcing her into a wall as she continued to be pelted with pie. “Have a taste of Explosive Apple!” Pinkie shouted, she flipped a switch on the side and continued her assault. She stepped forward and brought the launcher level with Nightmare Moon’s horn. The pie assaults splattered against her horn, leaving a pie tin speared over her horn. Pinkie stopped her barrage momentarily to get more pies. She hid behind a sock heap and watched as Nightmare shakily stood up; she gritted her teeth and growled. A fierce light blazed out of her horn, showering the room in magical light. She tried wiping off the cream now stuck to her coat, her horn slowly petered out. “Uh oh.” She said.

Pinkie stepped out of her hiding place, ready for action. She pulled the trigger and screamed as the pie flew out of her launcher. Nightmare Moon panicked, she ran for the door as pies soared around her. She reared back and pushed it open with a heavy buck. She rushed down the halls, dodging the errant pie that followed her. She pushed her way into the throne room; and with a great leap, she threw herself into the air and flapped her wings. Pinkie rushed out and continued to fire at the escaping Nightmare, Her shots were starting to hit less as the wicked mare got further away. Pinkie smiled and flipped one last switch on her launcher, a scope popped out of the top. She lined up one last shot, “Take this Queen Meanie!” she shouted. A high velocity pecan pie shot of the launcher with a loud boom; it soared through the air, striking Nightmare Moon in the rump. She tumbled through the air, landing in the outskirts of the forest.
______________________________________________________________________________

Several figures strode out towards the fallen nightmare; one raised a hoof to help her up.
“I trust that they are unharmed.” The figure said, raising a clipboard and checking off something. “We wouldn’t our friends to be hurt now.”

Nightmare Moon shakily raised herself to the figure’s eye level. She paused and pushed off the pie tin. With her magic free, she transformed. “They are unharmed. The pegasus is trapped in the sock tomb; the pink one should be digging her out by now.” With a wave of her horn, she pushed off a majority of the pie tins and cream.

“I must say Princess,” one of the figures said, “That cream can do horrid things to your coat; you must join me for a spa session.”

The princess smiled,” We would enjoy that very much, Miss Rarity.”
______________________________________________________________________________

Pinkie bounded towards the sock pile, frantically ripping sock after sock from it. She shouted for Rainbow Dash, when she heard no response she started tearing larger and larger chunks out. Her efforts seemed almost fruitless; she couldn’t pull out to many socks without it caving in. She sat there and sniffled, refusing to cry as she stared at the tomb of her friend.

She waited for what seemed like hours, hoping that her friend would be alright. Every small shift she saw brought joy to her heart, “Maybe Rainbow Dash is alright.” She thought. She gathered her resolve; she pushed her hoof into the soft wall of tomb. She called out for her friend, reaching and feeling for her friend. She felt soft feather in her hoof. She pushed piles and piles of socks out her way. She dug until she saw the multicolored mane; she grabbed the mane in a hug and pulled with all her might. Her friend slipped out her tomb, dazed but otherwise unharmed.

“Oh Dashie!” Pinkie cried, tears slowly falling, “I thought you were gonna be trapped under socks forever.” She hugged tighter and continued to sniffle.

“Pinkie,” Rainbow Dash wheezed, “You’re choking me.”

Pinkie released her tight grip on her friend and smiled apologetically. “Come on, let’s go home.”
______________________________________________________________________________

“Wow girls, all that really happened?”

“Yeah, Pinkie really saved me there. If it wasn’t for her I would have been trapped in there forever, that’s a long time you know.”

“I figured, so what happened after that? I mean, how was getting back to Ponyville in the middle of the night?”

“Well, when you train as hard as I do,” she said, flexing her foreleg, “It’s not so hard to get somewhere after being buried under tons of socks.”

“I must say darling, you could’ve been hurt from all the trauma, are you sure you’re alright.”
Pinkie returned, balancing a tray of cupcakes on her head. She placed the tray on the table and began gorging herself on the baked treats. “She’s all good now, right Dashie?” she chirped, mouth still full of cupcake, “She’s so great that were planning to have another great day of pranks.”

Rainbow cringed and said, “Actually Pinkie, we should do something else for a while. Pranks were fun and all, but that's all we ever do.” She put a hoof around Pinkie’s shoulder and continued, “Maybe we should try something else, like hoofball! You ever play that; it can get really intense?”

Pinkie frowned for a few moments before smiling and saying, “That’s alright Dashie,” She zipped past her friend, leaving a dumbfounded Rainbow to watch as Pinkie reappeared covered in sports equipment. “I gotta warn you though, I have a fantastic backswing.”

As they prepared to go play hoofball, Rainbow turned to her friend and said, “Make sure Princess Celestia gets that letter, she’s has to know that Nightmare Moon is free and has some evil ponies working with her.”

“Will do Rainbow, you two have fun now.” They watched as the two friends left, they shared a smile as their plan finally came to fruition. She turned to her companion and happily stated, “Well, hopefully that stops their little reigns of pranking terror, at least for a few days.”

“I must say dear, I didn’t actually think your plan would actually work.” Her companion replied,” What with the plot twists and confusing details, but I believe that we can finally have some peace and quiet from those two.”

“Those weren’t plot twists; they were strategic recoveries in the plan.”

“Whatever you say darling, I do believe that this is what we would call phase five?”

“Oh yes,” they raised their cupcakes in triumph. Before biting down into the delicious treat, she pulled out her clipboard as she smiled and said,” Phase five, and six, completed.”
______________________________________________________________________________
The ruler of the sun watched as her sister slowly trotted through the castle foyer, she saw her sister covered in bits of baked good. She trotted towards her sister and began to give her a customary welcome, “Welcome back Luna, did you have a goo-“

“Never mind that sister, did you know the Element of Laughter carries a pie launcher? She used it on me ruthlessly; I’ll be cleaning coconut and apple filling out of my mane for weeks to come.”

Princess Celestia patted her sisters back sympathetically. Wiping off a bit of apple filling, she smiled and said, “Well look at it this way Luna, you were always a pie loving kind of filly.”

______________________________________________________________________________

Credit: Mlp:Fim to Hasbro and Lauren Faust
Sorry about this chapter. When it comes to procrastination, I can be king. Well it’s done now and I plan to add more stories as soon as possible. Maybe even go into the deeper archives of my stories and pull out something for you all to enjoy.
-Thanks, jdl179

Comments ( 3 )

Wait, this story is over? That's sad.:fluttercry: Oh well, It was good and I hope you write more stories like this one.:scootangel:

Now i am very confused?:twilightoops:

What is this I don't even:derpytongue2::derpyderp1::derpyderp2:

Login or register to comment