• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 615 Views, 1 Comments

Magic of -or- Honesty(?) - Shim15



Flim never knew living in Ponyville would bring awkward conflitcs.

  • ...
6
 1
 615

Chapter three.

"Spike!" called out a lavender alicorn. "Could you please stop messing around and help me find that book!"
The small dragon grunted, and rolled over on his bed. He thought that when Twilight became princess, she'd have some servant to find books for her.
But, she kinda did have a servant.
Himself.
He sighed as got from bed, was walked towards her.
"I wasn't messing around, I was sleeping." he commented, rubbing his eyes. "Besides, what book are you looking for?"

"The one about how to use your magic to levitate things quick and easier without using to much of it."

"Oh. Why do you need that?"

"Well I need to know it if I begin royal duties, because I'll be needed for a lot of things and I can't do them all at a slow pace." Twilight grunted, her horn shimmering as she picked up book after book.

"...Well I think you don't need it, I meaning you're good at it. You can levitate things a whole lot quicker then most unicorns."

"It's not fast enough[/]! I'm not a unicorn anymore, remember?" to prove her point, she extended her wings and gave the good flap before folding them. Spike sighed, and started helping her out. He was to tired to argue, or lecture.

"So... I can't believe you missed out on the party at Sweet Apple Acers."

"I had to reply on a letter Celestia sent me and do a little research."
Spike rolled his eyes. Gee, this was sounding familiar....

"Well... it was quite a shim-dig."

"Mm hmm."

"I wished you were there. I think the best part was the dancing."

"Because you danced with Rarity?"

"How did you know that?"

"You talk in your sleep." Twilight chuckled. Spike ignored the comment ad continued.

"Well, yeah that, and watch Flam and Pinkie dance."
Spike heard behind him all those books Twilight was levitating had dropped to the floor.

"He dance with who?"

"I know, hard to believe. But he did- or tried. He more of a sling then a dancer. Oh yeah, and the dancing competition was fun!"

"How did Flam and Pinkie do?"

"First ones out, but I don't think Flam cared. He looked dizzy, and was groaning. Rarity and I got third, Lyra and her partner were second, and Applejack with her partner were the grand winners."

"Figures, considering she's the best at a hoedown." Twilight said, placing the books back on the shelf. "Who was her partner, Caramel?"

"Nope. Guess again."

"Spike..."

"One more guess, just one more!"

"Fine." Twilight grunted, and took a moment to think. "Um... I don't know.... Dr. Hooves?"

"Nope. Flim."
Twilight dropped the books again, and looked at Spike.

"Flim? She actually danced with Flim?"

"And they won too."
Twilight couldn't entirely believe that. No matter how good friends Applejack and Flim were, she would never dance with him- unless he used his silver tongue and...challenged.....her.....She assumed he would have danced with somepony else. She kinda had wish she had gone.
She re-levitated the books again.

"So.....they won, huh?"

"Yeah! They were probably the best dancers. Perfect for each other!"

Perfect for each other... the words rang in her head. She was getting upset that she didn't go and see the dance... or get to dance....
She shook her head, focusing. C'mon, Twilight. she thought. Why are you making such a big fuss over this? Besides it's what you get for paying to much attention to studies. And Celestia didn't said her answer had to me immediate......well what has been done cannot be undone. Now where is that book?

There was knocked at the door, Twilight looked over, irritated. She trotted toward it and opened the door with her magic.

"Yes?" she asked in annoyance, then she immediately corrected herself. "How can I be of service?"

"Twilight, being a new ruler of Equestria, I wouldn't expect you to say that." Said the familiar salespony, chuckling.

"Flim, just because I'm a princess, doesn't mean I rule anything yet." she corrected.

"Ah, right. Well I'm sorry if I had interrupted you in a important search, but I've come to return this book." His horn shimmer as his green magic picked up a book from his saddlebag. Twilight gasped.

"Speed and Levitation!" she read aloud, while taking the book with her magic. So HE had my book- the book I was looking for!

"Yes. Thank you ever so much for letting Flam and I borrow it. It was most helpful to us and we can know build things at a quicker pace than usual."

"Oh...err... well you're welcome. Did you want another book or....?"

"No, no. We're good momentarily. I must be going though, thank you for your time. Have a good afternoon." He took his hat off and did a small theatrical bow while adding, "Your Highness." and he left.
Twilight went inside and closed the door. She leaned back on it, and slid down to a sitting position, looking at the book.

"Hey Twilight, I can't find the book anywhere." Spike said, somewhere in the room.

"I have it, Spike." she called out softly, gently running her hoof over the cover.

"Really, where did you find it?"

"Oh, somepony was returning it."

"Oh, who?"

"Flim."

Author's Note:

Okie....any opinions, ideas that you have that might improve this?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment