• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 615 Views, 1 Comments

Magic of -or- Honesty(?) - Shim15



Flim never knew living in Ponyville would bring awkward conflitcs.

  • ...
6
 1
 615

Chapter one

Flim leaned on the tree behind him, as his straw hat shielded his face from the sun. He welcomed the cool breeze that whipped against his sweaty head.
He looked over to see his older twin, Flam, resting on another nearby tree. He wondered if Flam had dozed off again.

He relaxed once more, sighing in contempt. This was their own field. Finally, after so many years, FlimFlam Field was theirs. It wasn't built on Sweet Apple Acers land, no. They had bought their on field little ways off from Apple Family's farm. Instead of being brute competitors, they were friendly partners. Whenever Apple Family needed help, Flim and Flam would come. When the brothers needed help, the apples came to their aid.

Flim remembered how a competition, and a incident with missing siblings had brought Applejack and Flim together, (which is in another story in itself.) to untie and fight off for their reputation, ad families sake.
They learned together that you're not friends because you have similar likes, though it can give a boost, friends are somebody who respects your beliefs, and will be with you forever. They don't hold grudges against each other, they forgive in a matter of time.

His thoughts were interrupted when something hard hit him on the side of the head.

"Hey!" he shouted, rubbing a hoof on his head. He looked to see what hit him, and soon found the object and held it up. It was an apple. Did Flam throw it?
He turned to his brother, who indeed was sitting up, sneering. "What on Celestia's mane was that for?" Flim demanded.

"Returning a favor."

"Returning a what?"

"You threw an apple at my head."

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you did!"

"Did not!"

"If the horseshoe fits, wear it!" Flam scoffed.
Flim looked at the apple he was holding, then back at Flam.

"I may have not thrown that apple, but I'm throwin' this one!" Flim grunted, as he tossed the apple at Flam, who caught I and threw it back. They begun an apple war, while laughing their heads off, though it ended when Flim, once again got hit in the head with an apple, but it was thrown harder. "Flam! Why on Celestia's mane did you do that for?"

"That wasn't me, I was searching for a apple to throw at you."

"He's right." they turned to see Applejack, standing a bit ways off. "Ah threw te apple at'cha Flam. Ya know yer suppose to be workin' in a field, not lolly gagging."

"We were taking a momentarily break." Flim said, rubbing his head.

"Quite, Flim."

"Uh huh, ah see. Well, Ah was here invitin' yaw'll to a small party Pinkie's having. It's ta celebrate our victory from Canterlot Cider Celebration. It'll have dancin', food, drinks, games, and all sorts of stuff. Yaw'll wanna come?"

"Of course. We'd be delighted." Flam sad, smiling.

"Agreed, Flam."

"Right. It's at mah farm at five o' clock. Kay?"

"Affirmative" they brothers said in unison.

"Alright, and Flim, jest dun talk like that 'round my lil sister, got it?"

"Talk like...?"

"Celestia's mane....?"

"Oh, that." he blushed. "Right...well old habits die hard...but I assure you I shan't talk that way any longer, netherless around fillies...."

"Ah know, Ah know.. Ah'm sure yaw'll both being the hard working stallions ya are, yaw'll can't make it in time. Ah'll see yaw'll later." and she trotted off. Flim turned to his brother.

"So Flam, are gonna let that mare get away with a remark like that?"

"Oh no. We'll show her that nopony can make a better grand entrance then the FlimFlam Brothers!" Flam announced. Flim laughed.

"Well let's go get ready!"

Author's Note:

So I've seen Flim shipping with Twilight or applejack. However, I myself can't see him being with ether those too. So this is kinda joke of how the out going, smooth, fast talking, salespony can face...

The shipping monster.

Also the teaming up story I MAY write, after this and Penguin Portal.