• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 649 Views, 8 Comments

The Strange Leap - RDFan1701



Sam Beckett has been leaping around for years into people's lives, changing things to right that once went wrong. Now he's leapt somewhere that he'd never expect, a world of talking ponies.

  • ...
4
 8
 649

False Alarm

Upon entering the room Sam, Applejack, and Rarity expected something worse than what they found. Applebloom and Sweetie Bell were upside down in the middle of the room a good two feet off of the ground. Around them floated several hundred orange feathers. Scootaloo however was cowering in the corner, both of her wings devoid of feathers and her coat spotted with pink dots against the orange.

"I told you it wouldn't work!" Sweetie Bell exclaimed, squirming in the threads that held them airborne.

Applebloom looked over at her and frowned, "How was I supposed to know that it would make her wings blow up and change her coat color like that!"

Scootaloo remained silent while the two fillies bickered between themselves. Her eyes were wide as she recalled the spell. It started off well, making her wings grow a bit bigger. The pride she felt knowing that she could soon fly like Rainbow Dash. And then when they continued to grow she began to panic. Because the growing didn't stop! Her wings became heavy and then suddenly her feathers contorted where they were and then shout outwards like speeding daggers! Not a second later after the feather attack, her coat began to sport spots that started from a sickly green to a slowly fading to a pink color. She didn't even notice that Sweetie Bell and Applebloom had dove for cover.

Rarity stepped forward, "What did you girls do?"

"It looks like a pillow exploded in here!" Sam said watching feathers float to the ground.

Apple Jack frowned, "Applebloom..." She said instantly irritated. Applebloom instantly shrunk under her sisters gaze. Apple Jacks eyes were like daggers flying in Applebloom's direction.

"We tried the 'Make it Grow' spell on Scootaloo." Sweetie Bell began explaining. "Applebloom saw Applejack have Twilight use it on the orchard once! We though we could do the same, just on Scootaloo's wings! We thought it'd make them bigger so Scootaloo could fly with Rainbow Dash!"

Sam moved over towards Scootaloo, who was still trembling. "Hey, I'm...I'm Rarity's friend. Are you ok?" He asked quietly as he moved in front of her. Scootaloo looked up slowly as she shivered, "Are you cold?" He asked her as he grabbed a blanket.

Scootaloo nodded twice. Sam smiled and placed the blanket on top of the filly. "Thank...thank you."

"You're welcome." He said lying down next to her as Applejack and Rarity disciplined their sisters respectively.

Scootaloo watched them both and lowered her head, a few tears dripping down her face. Sam noticed and then reached out with what he suddenly realized was magic. He looked up feeling the magic conform around the tip of his horn an he lifted the corner of the blanket up and wiped Scootaloo's eyes.

"What's wrong Scootaloo?" He asked quietly.

Scootaloo shook under the cover of the blanket, "My wings hurt...and..." She sniffled as she watched her friends try to defend there actions. "Sometimes I wish that I had a sister that would take care of e and tell me when I'm doing something wrong..." She added quietly. Barely loud enough for Sam to hear her. Sam looked at her with slight confusion.

"Where are your parents?" Sam asked with a warm smile.

"I don't know...I never met them..." Scootaloo replied, her ears drooping downward even further than before. Sam opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by Al who stepped through the imaging chamber doors.

He had the hand-link up but spoke softly, "She's an orphan Sam. Her parents passed away about a month after she was born. And she doesn't have any family to take care of her."

Scootaloo looked up at the strange man with wise eyes, "Who is that?" She asked Sam, quickly sliding behind him.

Sam smiled and whispered back to her, "That is my best friend Al, only you and I can see him." Sam explained as he put a hoof through Al. Who in turned wore a face of annoyance, "He's not even here."

Scootaloo put her own hoof through Al who audibly sighed, "Oh yes, lets poke the hologram...can we be a little more mature please?" Scootaloo giggled at Al's outburst and kept swinging her hoof through him. Al mockingly laughed as he watched Sweetie Bell look over at Scootaloo.

"What are you doing?" Sweetie Bell asked, confused at Scootaloo's action of randomly swinging her hoof through the air.

Scootaloo looked back at Sweetie Bell,"Uhhhh nothing! Just waving my hoof around...through nothing." She looked lost in her explanation of what she was doing. All the while Al and Sam did their best to not chuckle at the half baked tale.

Sam leaned his head forward and nudged Scootaloo forward, "Go play with your friends." He then whispered, "I need to talk to Al, remember, they can't see him." Sam said with a wink. Scootaloo grinned as she nodded and headed off towards the other group.

"Some kid, guess she's willing to do anything in order to smile. Even believe that you seeing someone that is invisible to everyone else is normal." Al said waving at Scootaloo.

Sam nodded, "She just had a bit of an accident, even make-believe can make a child smile." Sam replied looking back at Al, "So what's the news?"

"Ah well, Ziggy is...confused actually." Al said with an exasperated sigh, "She can't pin down what you ate supposed to do here. First it was that running away and getting lost scenario, now it's to help that little Pony there find a new home, and don't even get me started on the magic theory..."

"So same as usual?" Sam replied with a smirk.

Comments ( 2 )

So Scoots can see him too, that really cool, I remember watching the very show this based on, it was a very cool and unusually series that had really caught my attention when I was a kid

I hope to see an update to this soon, I like the concept of this.

Login or register to comment