• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 1,392 Views, 23 Comments

The First S.P.E.A.R. OF ORION Colony - Silver Centurion



With Salvador defeated, the 8th armored scans for the rest of the SPEAR... but theyre all gone......

  • ...
12
 23
 1,392

Impact

"There's no other way ... tell the men they have five minutes to get into a drop ship and get off the planet. DO whatever you can to contact them, even use the global broadcast system if need be, just get the message through. W'eve got no time for this, and this planet's already gone to hell." Stone said coldly.
"But sir!"
"No buts! This is our last option. I'm sorry it's come to this, but this is the only way we can be sure the virus never leaves the planet. Now get the message out, the planet-destroyer class battleship has already arrived." Stone retorted.
"Yes general ... " the soldier said with a sad tone before exiting the command room. Stone looked out at the battleship through his window and let out a deep sigh. He didn't want to do this, but the virus had spread so rapidly, and mutated so quickly that there was no other option. He pounded the glass with a metal fist before sitting back down and communicating with the battleship.
"This is Stone. Prime your weapons and fire in five minutes no matter what. It must be done."
"Roger that, priming weapon batteries and firing in t-minus five minutes." the ship responded over the com.


Twilight Sparkle looked out the window, lying her head on her hoof, contemplating over the events of the day. Her thoughts were soon interrupted by a loud crackle over the coms. The monitor inside the drop ship turned on and the pilot spoke with a great sense of urgency.
"We've been given orders to pull out. And I mean like get off the planet pull out. So that's what we're doing. Everyone buckle up, we're going to have to engage the afterburners if we're going to get out of here in time."
"In time for what? " one of the soldiers questioned .
The pilot remained silent for a second before replying in a solemn tone. " The planet's being destroyed. Look up and you'll see the battleship..."
Twilight looked up, watching as the entire sky was covered by a massive ship which was glowing bright red in several places.
"God damn! They're already charging up the weapons. Pilot lets go, engage the afterburners get us off this planet!" One of the men shouted frantically.
"Afterburners engaged. Don't worry, we'll make it." the pilot replied before the screen went dark.
Everyone in the drop ship was forced into their seats by the massive force of the afterburners. Twilight managed to keep looking out the window at all of the other aircraft rushing to get to safety, a few of them with men clinging to sides of them desperately.

A loud crash penetrated the drop ship as time seemed to stop. In the middle of the drop ship a terminator's upper body poked through, tearing away at the floor of the aircraft as if it were paper. It's red eyes bore into each and every one of the soldiers on board. Time resumed and the robot grabbed a soldier's foot, as he struggled to shake him off. The machine dragged him through the hole he had torn in the drop ship, letting him fall to his demise. It did the same with another soldier before someone kicked it of the transport and watched it claw at the air as it fell.

"Jesus, those things just don't give up do they?" a soldier spoke, holding onto the railing, the drop ship increasing in speed.

"No ... no no no! Pilot! Faster!!!" A man shouted, standing up and gazing out the window as a tremendously loud whirring noise seemed to appear out of nowhere.

" What is it?!?!" Twilight asked, genuinely concerned.

A beam of red ethereal energy cut through the planet, shaking the aircraft badly, incinerating anything in its path. Even the planet itself.


From space, stone watched with a sad expression on his face, the red energy going in one side of the planet, and going out the other. Three of these beam penetrated the planet,one directly through the center. Stone knew what that meant, and felt truly sorry for anyone that was left behind. The planet started to collapse in on itself, its molten contents spilling out into space, surely killing anyone or anything still on the planets surface.


( Just putting this short little update out there to see if anyone is still following this story.)

Comments ( 1 )
Login or register to comment