• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 1,392 Views, 23 Comments

The First S.P.E.A.R. OF ORION Colony - Silver Centurion



With Salvador defeated, the 8th armored scans for the rest of the SPEAR... but theyre all gone......

  • ...
12
 23
 1,392

Deceit

David was stunned at what he saw. Several dozen USIF soldiers were searching the small clearing. Their forces easily outnumbered theirs and they knew it. David taking note that none of them had noticed, ordered his men to silently reatreat back into the bush. The soldiers quickly reformed a few dozen meters into the forest.


" Captain what the hell are they doing here?" Aquilla asked, with a bit of frustration permeating his othewise calm tone.


"I-I, I don't know. I wasn't informed that the USIF was here. Hell I didnt even know the indigenous species was here. That doesn't matter though. We can't inform command until we get a com array up. The only spot where we could set up a FOB would be the clearing without any of the creatures noticing." David spoke, while gears shifted in his head formulating a plan.


"Well that means we have to kill the USIF guys then doesn't it? Look captain, I don't mean to be out of line or anything, but did you see how many of them there were?" Brown commented.



"Yes there were quite a few weren't there. Hmmm. Alright Brown you lay down suppressing fire with Aquilla while Oscar and jason flank them and take them down with their snipers. The rest of you encircle the group and open fire when I give you the signal. Go." David said, his plan coming together little by little...



David quickly assumed his position, along with the rest of the men. The captain slowly advanced on an armored infantry who had his back turned with his knife raised. He quickly grabbed the soldiers motuh, jabbed him in the back with his knee forcing him upwards into his blade before letting him fall limp. Aquilla took it that that was the signal and opened fire. The other soldiers quickly joined in firing with their weapons on full auto as they slowly advanced inwards, revealing themselves from the jungle. The USIF soldiers were killed off fairly easily and wthout even being able to return fire, as they were shot down one by one very quickly. Within a matter of less than a minute all 18 soldiers lay dead. The SPEAR forces looked upon ther handiwork and mentally patted themselves on the back for the chaos they had caused.


"Thats all of em commander I think we ca-" Jason was cut off by a startling observation he had made midsentence." Look at this guys! Look!" Jason exclaimed gesturing o one of the bodies which seemed to flicker with a yellowish light until it revealed something that would seal Bravo's fate...


"No. That's not fucking possible captain." Oscar said in disbeleif as he beheld a Spec-Ops Spear engineer laying on the ground. One by one every USIF body flickered with the same strange light as the engineer had... and one by one, more friendly fire casualties appeared on the ground.


"What the fuck is this? Aquilla call down a com array i want to know just what the hell is going on around here." David spoke without a hint of emotion.


Aquilla obliged and within a minute a large satellite dish was on the ground. David hailed the general's ship and began to talk in a calm tone to the general.


"Sir, we've discovered sentient life but before you ask any questions I have some of my own. What just happened? I ordered my men to oen on USIF forces and we took them all out. But then they started to flicker and they all turned into fucking SPEAR spec-ops units like us. What the hell is going on!" David said losing his composure on the last sentence.



"Wait... You said you killed my men? Captain this does not bode well for you or your men..." The general said in a low ominous tone.


"What are you getting at sir?" David inquired, not really wanting to know the answer.


"It means... I have to strip you of your rank captain. Now normally I would just do that and send you on your merry way, but you and your men have seen too much for me to just let you go... I'm afraid I have to dispatchh your sqaud Captain. Sincerest apologies, but it is the only way..." The general sad in an authoratative tone that was firm.


David couldn't beleive what he was hearing. He understood what had just happened, but he didn't want to beleive it. Although David being well, himself he replied in an angry tone to the general. " Oh yea old man? Come and get me!" David then proceeded to bash in the com array so that he couldn't be tracked.


The other soldiers recoiled from the sound of electronics being smashed, and stood bewildered as they watched their commanding officer rip the com array apart piece by peice.


" Uhm... Captain? Why did you just you know..." Aquilla asked just as dumbounded as the rest of the men.



"What? Why I ripped it apart? Because apparently we're wanted fugitives now who are gonna be terminated! That's why Aquilla!!!"



Aquilla just stood and stared. This was not his captain, and it was certainly not David. His best freind and comrade had changed. For the better or for the worse, he couldn't quite tell yet. He then moved on to the content of the sentence. Fugitives. Oh man how he had a history with that word.


"So now what?" Oscar said blandly.


"Now... now we, I don't know Oscar, I don't know." David said his rage simmering down slowly. "Hold on, Brown, see if you can access whatever those guys were using. That cloak. I have an idea, it's a longshot but it just might work."


"Aye aye captain." Brown said in a mocking pirate voice.


"The rest of you, look around, scavenge what you can, take all of their ammo, grenades, tools, weapons, everything. We won't be getting a ressuply for a long time." David ordered, his rage no longer noticable.


The men spent at least 2 hours rummaging through the dead bodies of their comrades, still unable to comprehend the severity of the situation. Shortly after all the men had reported back to David, most of them loaded up with 5 or 6 weapons and beltfull upon beltfull of ammuntion and grenades, Brown called out to the captain to come look at something.


"Alright, lookie here. This cloak they use actually has a lock on it. To acces it i need to upload a virus to crack it open. I've already got mine open and ready for use. And oh yea, it only works for about 24 hours before it needs to recharge for a fourth of that time. It can change into anything, but you need a DNA sample of the subject first. hy did you want me to.... no way you can not be serious captain." Brown said realizing what David was getting at.


" Send me and the other soldiers the virus and crack the code, and make it quick." David said as he unclipped a vial of blood from his belt eyeing it up and down.


"Sir..... yes sir...." Brown said knowing fully well what the captain had in mind. Within a few minutes all the cloaks were unlocked and ready for use. " They're ready sir.... just... " Brown gulped " Place the sample on your chest vent and you will instantly change once it has registered..."


"Good... good..... Alright listen up men! take a vial of blood from me and place it on your chest vent... and wait." David ordered his men as he handed out vials of blood and watched as one by one each soldier popped the vial and poured the contents on their chest vent which sucked up all the blood greedily.


David watched his men before he himself popped the vail he held and pured it into his chest vent. The vent quickly sucked it all up and immediatley he felt...... nothing?


David wasn't sure if it worked or not as he stared at his hands, expecting something to happen. David was frustrated by the effects the claoks had yielded..... until he looked up that is. He no longer saw his sqaud of Spear soldiers, what he saw almost made the combat veteran squee with delight and gasp with shock... almost. What he beheld was a large group of horse looking creatures that he quickly figured out must be what the blood had originated from.


A large grey pony with a red mohwak and and blue eyes approached him.


"Brown? Is that you?" David said almost not expecting a response.


"David? Is that you? And uh, yea it's Brown." The large stallion replied in Brown's voice. " Well, looks like it worked but it appears that the actual user cant see himself as the creature, inconvenient. Just tell the men to keep an eye on the charge David ok?"


"Yea, sure... and uh hey check out your new look Captain..." Brown said handing David a mirror.


Honestly David was quite impressed with what he saw... He was a large muscular pony with a black coat, red spikey mane, and vibrant green eyes. He also noticed a little tatoo on his rump. It was a Spear Lion that he had noticed was alos present on his captain pauldrons.


"Not bad, for a horse." David whispered to himself.


Brown noticed that all the other men were walking on fours and that so was David. He wondered if he was aswell. He strode up to a pony who was conversing with another in Jasons voice.



"Hey, Jason, are you standing up?" Brown asked the pony who was standing on all fours.


"Brown? Damn you look different, and uh, yeah I'm standing up." the large pony with a white coat, yellow mane and tail, and plain blue eyes.



" Good to hear. Uh, dont ask why" Brown replied.


Brown strode away from the group back to black pony that was captain David.


" Sir, what do you reccomend we do now? We are running on a schedule now." Brown asked hesitantly.


" Hmmm..... I say we head into town, see what info we can gather on where we are just exactly what we are. Beyond that, I'm still working on it." David sad as he stroked his metallic chin.


" Alright then, I'll inform the men of your course of action."


" Will do sergeant." David said. ' I wonder though... where exactly is the USIF?" David thought to himself before rejoining his troops, and heading off in the direction of the settlement they had resided in the night before.


David did not have an answer to his thoughts... at the moment. However the ARM OF ORION did have answers.




And the USIF wanted them...