• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 1,393 Views, 23 Comments

The First S.P.E.A.R. OF ORION Colony - Silver Centurion



With Salvador defeated, the 8th armored scans for the rest of the SPEAR... but theyre all gone......

  • ...
12
 23
 1,393

One By One They Fall

"Shhhh!!! Alright everyone, remember, this is an intel op. I don't know what to expect so be prepared. If the creatures are in fact social, which they are according to Aquilla, you are to gather all info on where we are, what we are, and anything else that may be useful. Split up into your Burn-In squads and fan out. Meet back here in exactly 12 hours. Good luck." David said in his commanding tone before 2 groups of four formed, and dissapered into the rural village.


" Alright, Aquilla, Brown, Jason, you're with me. Let's move." David said before his group also fanned out to look for answers, before the SPEAR found them...


As Oscar's group moved through the small town they came closer and closer to the town plaza. And that's when he saw them. They looked much like the other men in his groups, who now resembled small horses. Oscar was amazed at all of the ponies,yes that's the right word. He was amazed at the color pallet of the ponies, the varying shapes and sizes, the different appendages,wings,horns. Heck he was even amazed that they could pick stuff up without fingers!


"Damn.... just my luck I get stuck on a mamby pamby planet like this..." Oscar muttered to himself as he gestured his squadmates to split up and regroup in the plaza in 60 minutes.



Oscar strode up to a pony that seemed nice enough as he lost his group in the plaza's crowd.


" Hello there miss. Do you know anything about where I am? I uhm, I'm new here." Oscar said putting on his best gentleman's voice.


"Huh? Oh! Hello there, didn't see you. Hmm, about your queston yes in fact I do. But not here. You'd have to come with me if you really want to learn about Ponyville's rich history." replied a friendly feminine voice.

'Ponyville? Really? Ugh....' Oscar thought to himself as he considered taking the violet pony up on her offer.He knew he was were supposed to regroup in another 45 minutes, and he didn't know where she'd be taking him. Then again he needed answers, if only for David's sake.


"Uh, sure, let's go..." Oscar said trailing off.


"Oh fantastic! Just let me get my groceries and we can ..." she said before looking up, mouth agape.


'What are you looking at? Oh..." Oscar said before looking up himself and seeing the familliar deployment method used by the SPEAR. A burn-in... "Shit. Squad, regroup now we have incoming SPEAR forces. And they're not friendly." Oscar said over the com, gaining a strange look from some nearby ponies.


Oscar began to run off to the arranged meeting point when he noticed that the violet coated pony was still following him.


"Uh, miss, I really don't think it's a good idea to come with me. I have some very important buisness to atend to."


"Oh, oh alright. I, guess I'll see you later then." the violet pony said.


"Sir! The forces are on the ground and quickly advancing on our position! Orders, sir?" a soldier said through the com.


Oscar quckly noticed the quickly dispersing mobs of ponies that were running in terror from something. 'SPEAR' is all Oscar could attribute to the sudden dispersion of ponies.


" De-cloak and engage." Oscar said over the com. "Oh, and miss..." Oscar said before prssing a button on his chest and decloaking, revealing his large metallic suit. " You'll definitley be seeing me around..." he said before turning, and pulling out his assault rifle in a movielike fashion.


The violet pony had an expression of both shock and fear plastered on her face as she watched the large machinelike being walk away. Oscar was just as shocked as Cheerilee. He had no clue that there was even life on the planet just a day ago. Now he had just freaking talked, to one of the creatures he didn't even know existed. He had a lot on his mind, that was for sure, but he had only one thing that really mattered amidst his jumble of thoughts. Survive.


As Oscar met up with two of his men in the river of fleeing ponies he heard a sound that he dreaded. Gunfire had obviously opened up between the two forces. He quickly sprinted over to where he thought the noises had erupted from, with his two men right behind him. When Oscar finally cleared the crowd of ponies he saw just what was going on. It wasn't Spear killing his men. No, Spear forces were killing someone different. The ARM.


"The fuck?" was all Oscar could mutter at the situation. He knew the ARM and the SPEAR had a bit unstable of an alliance, but this... this was riduculous. Oscar quickly surveyed the scene. Neither side had set up any sort of defenses or had any armor. Good. He had a chance to escape then.


Although it looked as if Oscar and his men would be able to get away, a complication arose.


"Sir! I'm trapped in a building due west of your position. Oh god, Please get me out of here! I don't wanna die!" a nervous sounding soldier said over the com.


"Shit..." Oscar said before turning to face his men.


"Alright. we're gonna get out of here, but first we have to go and get Jenkins. He's stuck in the crossfire between ARM and SPEAR forces. Roy, report back to David and tell him to meet us at the cottage we saw on our way in to the forest. Lee come with me. Dismissed." Oscar said before the three went on their way.


Oscar initiated overdrive and Lee did the same to keep up. Within a few minutes Oscar was close enough to Jenkins to track his signal. Shortly after locking on to his signal Oscar came upon the building he was trapped in.


"You have got to be kidding me. Sir are you sure this is the right building?" Lee said as he stared at the candy themed building that lay before him.


"I dunno Lee, but Jenkins is in there. Wait what?" Oscar said as he noticed jenkins signal started to move. Shortly after he saw a group of ARM soldiers come around the corner of a building and open fire... on Jenkins. Oscar stared in disbeleif as he saw Jenkins charging towards the ARM soldiers with his shotgun in one hand and his knife in the other.


"LEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEENKIIIINNNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" was all Jenkins could say before his shields were popped, and his armor ripped to shreds shortly after. He was most certainly dead.


"Dammit Jenkins! Alright Lee let's get out of here before they see us. Alr-" Oscar said before Lee tackled him to the ground. A loud sound echoed shortly after and a bullet trail was left where Oscar was standing just moments before.


"Let's move move move!" Lee said before he began to help Oscar up. Lee was grabbed from behind and thrown against a nearby wall, losing his grasp on Oscar. As Oscar thudded back on the ground and stared at the sky he saw more fireballs... except these one were bigger. His stomach knotted up as he realized what was about to impact. Mechs.


Oscar began to get up and as he did so he witnessed an unconsious Lee get ripped to shreds by an ARM soldier's machine gun.


"OVER THERE!" an enemy soldier shouted as half a dozen soldiers began to rush Oscar. BOOM! Oscar's shields flickered and then failed as he was hit by a rail round in the leg. Oscar quickly regained his fotting and stated to overdrive away... until he was tackled by an ARM soldier.


Oscar quickly pulled out his knife and attempted to slash the soldier, but instead got a facefull of fist. And shortly after, a bellyfull of lead. Quite a meal.The ARM soldier stood up and gazed upon his kill with pride. It was short lived though as he quickly rejoined his squad to go where they were needed.


"Oscar come in! OSCAR! Dammit! Roy bring up the their vitals." David said as he was becoming worried about his soldiers.


Roy brought up Oscar's squad's vitals on a holopad and recoiled at what he saw. "T-They're KIA sir. Both of them." Roy said in a shaky tone before putting his holopad away.


"Ugh, dammit Oscar..." David said softly as he picked up his assualt rifle. David was beggining to get demoralized as he observed what was left of Bravo squad. Still big enough to participate in a firefight, but still a former shadow of itself. "Alright listen up! We're going to uncloak so that our suit's cloak can recharge, and move out in the direction of the castle that Jason spotted earlier. Hopefully we can find this planet's leader or at the very least get to a more defensible position. Move!" David said as he began to realize the hopelesness of their situation. ' So what? We get to a better position so we can die?' David thought to himself before shaking the thought out of his mind.



David crept through the forest with the remainder of his men , not really knowing where he was because of the thick tree cover. Byt he knew that wherever he was going was better than where he was currently.


"STOP! I see something!" Jason said before the other soldiers leaned in to see what all the fuss was about. There, just outside the treeline was the tallest mountain any of them had seen. And protruding from its side was a huge castle woth all sorts of toweres and telescopes. It was truly amazing to the soldiers who had been so accustomed to death and war. Beauty was a nice change of pace for them.


"Alright jason, I take it that's what you saw?" Aquilla said mockingly.


"What do you think?" Jason replied in a sarcastic tone


"Both of you shut up. let's just get to the castle quickly." David said before he moved out into the open. This was a BIG mistake on his part.


BOOM!BOOM! Two loud bangs rang out at almost the exact same moment. David fell to the ground in a heap as the two bullet trails dissipated.


"Fuck! David! We've gotta help him! C'mon!" Aquilla said hysterically as he tried to run for David's body, but was quickly restrained by Brown and Jason.


"Aquilla! AQUILLA! He's gone there's nothing we can do for him now, we just have to- " Jason was cut off by the loudest explosion he'd ever heard in his life. Shortly after the explosion's sound reached his ears so did the shockwave. He along with the other soldiers struggled to maintain their footing as the trees were blown backwards overhead.


Aquilla's gaze darted around for a few seconds before refocusing on the source of the explosion. The Castle. It wasn't just the castle that was gone, it was the whole freaking mountain. And it wasn't destoyed or anything like that. It was literally gone, only a large crater resided where the regal castle once stood.


" Aw man, look..." Brown said as he gestured upwards. There, in the sky, was a SPEAR battleship, it's orbital cannon still a-glow.


"Damn, what do you th-" Brown was interupted by the same consecutive bangs, one after another before a body fell to the floor lifeless...


"Shit! They've spotted us move back into the forest Brown said as Jacob's dead body lay beside him.


The half a dozen men made a hasty retreat, some going faster than others. Just as the soldiers began to slow down the two men leading the group were set ablaze by the payload of napalm a passing bomber had dropped. Both men quickly died as the remaining soldiers rushed away in the other direction, away from both the fire, and the crater.


The remnants of Bravo slowed down after running through the dense foilage for over a mile.


"Hhhhh,*cough*, Jason how you holding up?" Brown was able to sputter in between breaths.


"Considering theres only four of us... NOT THAT GREAT BROWN!" Jason said in a frustrated voice.


Brown sat down on the ground and removed his helmet so he could breathe better. Aquilla did the same and leaned against a large tree.


"So now what?" Jason said


"I don't know man... I don't know." Brown replied.


As soon as Brown had finished his sentence, he saw something move in the underbrush.


"Jason, come check this out with me." Brown said as he got up while gripping his machine gun.


Jason obviously didn't hear him because he mad no move to assist him. As Brown neared the moving bushes a large creature jumped out and pounced on Brown. In the few seconds Jason had to observe the creature he could make out that it had a lions head and upper body, and the scales of something reptilian in nature. He was also able to notice the scorpion stinger before he severed it with his sniper. The beast howled out in pain as it's tail was cut off by a frag round. Although it seemed like it would turn and run it didn't, at first. No, first it reared up on it's hind legs, and then came dwon on Brown who was still pinned. It bit down on Brown with it's powerful jaw and pierced his skull.


Jason and the other two soldiers were continuing their assualt on the creature but they knew at this point that they would be lucky if any of them survived. Jason continued to fire round after round into the hulking beast. This was not the best of ideas, as the beast quickly became enraged and dropped it's chew toy, and charged straight for Jason. However seeing ths comign brown quickly barrel rolled out of the way to safety. However, the beasts attacks did not go unrewarded. it managed to headbutt Aquilla, who was standing behind Jason so hard into a tree, that the tree fell over with a loud thud, as it was uprooted.


'Damn.' Jason thought to himself as he was becoming desperate. Jason wanted time to process what the hell was going on, but the beast wouldn't give it to him as it quickly whipped around back to Jason and began to charge again. Jason tried to barrel roll out of the way again but the creature swiped a large paw out to the side to deflect him. It worked.


Jason fell backwards on to his back as the beast towered over him. Jasons sniper skittered across the ground a few feet until it came to a stop just out of reach. 'This is it ain't it... damn. well at lea-' Jason's thoughts were interupted by a loud explosion... followed by the spattering of guts and blood all over him.


Jason wasn't quite sure what had just happened. But he decided to just roll with it. After all the beast was now a bloody mess all over his armor, and he was alive. Pretty good for a SPEAR fugitive.


"Hey. On your feet! Almost lost you there." a soldier said as he extended his hand to help Jason up.


"Hector. Damn I assume that was you , what timing you have, I was almost lunch there." Jason said as he got up and gestured to the mess of guts.


"You betcha." Hector said as he pulled out a holopad.


"Wait what?!?!?!?" Hector said as he scrolled through the holopad's music section.


"What is it?" Jason said curious.


"FIVE ALBUMS! A HUNDRED SONGS! YOU AIN'T GOT NO FUCKING Y- I bet you got some J-Kwon's- YOU AIN'T GOT NO FUCKING YEEZY?"