• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 1,393 Views, 23 Comments

The First S.P.E.A.R. OF ORION Colony - Silver Centurion



With Salvador defeated, the 8th armored scans for the rest of the SPEAR... but theyre all gone......

  • ...
12
 23
 1,393

Arrival

"Sir! We're approaching the destination!" , a white armor clad soldier called out.

"Good. Check to see if the planet can still sustain life..."

Monitors and holopanels were brought up by several engineers who tapped the occasional button which yielded in statistics to come up here and there, until finally an engineer replied, "Planet is in fact habitable. But, well..."

"Well, what?", the commander barked out, rising from his seat.

"It appears life forms do exist on the planet below.", the engineer replied with strict tone."But we have no clue as to what kind of life. Could just be bacteria, but it could also be an indigenous species capable of resistance. Or even worse, it could be the 8th."

The general stepped down from his command chair and went over to observe the planet below.Through the hardened space glass that covered the front half of the ships bridge he could see a planet that resembled Old Earth.
The general turned around to his engineers and said, " Whatever waits on the planet below..", he unholstered his handgun, " We'll give em' hell before they take our colony away from us." he said as he cocked his gun for dramatic effect. The Spear forces took this as an inpirational speech and roared as loud as they could through their suits radio.

The general continued to take his seat on his throne once more and place his handgun on one of the armrests.

"Captain!"

A tall soldier adorned with large pauldrons clad in crimson armor and with a red elongated T shaped visor appeared from nowhere and strode up to the captain at attention. "Yes sir! Orders sir!"

"Deploy a Force Recon team and make contact with the life forms. If they are in any way sentient, you are to terminate them on sight. I want all traces of whatever is down there gone before we begin to set up a base.", the general commanded sternly.

"I shall not fail you sir.", with those last words the captain departed and began to gather men left and right and escort them to the armory.


In Equestria...

Twilght had just finished a long day of studying, royal duties, and exploding cakes, dont ask. As she sat at her house in the almost iconic Ponyville library, staring into deep space with her telescope. Although she was exhausted, she enjoyed stargazing every once and a while. Little did she know of what was about to unfold...

"Amazing, just amazing..." Twilight whispered to herself as she observed the ursa minor constellation, "Although, I prefer you up there, rather than down here." Twilight giggled as she remembered the day The Great and Powerful Trixie came to town.

"Hmmm... that's strange..." Twilight said as she shifted her telescope to another portion of the night sky where she saw... comets? Meteorites? She didn't know what to make of it. But, being as tired as she was, Twilight merely shrugged it off, and turned her back on what could've saved Equestria, had she known at the time. But She didn't.

"Eeeeyaaaaawwww....", Twilight let out a loud yawn as she shut her window, and draped a tarp over the telescope." Ugh, finally time for bed. I wonder though, what were those?" Twilight asked herself as she cantered up the stairs to her bedroom. "Probably wasn't anything important." Twilight dismissed the idea, but she still had a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that all was not right.

However she concentrated on sleep as she kissed the sound asleep dragon on the forehead, and then snuggled into her own covers. She was exhausted and sleep took her so quick it was alarming almost.

So quick,she didn't even notice the shadow slip in through her unlocked window...