• Published 24th Aug 2013
  • 368 Views, 2 Comments

Ripped Vanity - Rin Konoha



the story of a pony who's life has been changed because of a simple mirror

  • ...
2
 2
 368

My Journal (Prologue)

Every day was the same thing, nothing happens and I get paid really well. I happened to get acquainted with the Princess, she foal-sat Princess Sparkle a while back which seemed nice to know what she did before being Princess of the Crystal Empire. Since every day is the same thing, so I’ll introduce myself. I am Blue Crimson, a crystal pony. I have a turquoise coat and two-toned, shaggy blue mane. My special talent is vanity making and repair. I love eating sandwiches, but without the crust and I also like taking long walks in the rain. By the way, I do not have 20/20 vision, so I wear glasses.


Day 1:
My first day on the job in the Crystal Castle was...rather boring. Prince Shining Armor appointed me to watch over some mirror in the vanity room. He said it was really important to make sure no one takes or even attempts to break the reflective piece. I honestly don’t know what’s so important about this thing? I don’t really know, but Princess Cadence seems to see something in it, because she comes to visit the mirror a lot and asks if anything strange has happened. She’s a Princess so I couldn’t say anything rude to her, no matter how much I felt like mentioning her coming into the room just to inspect a piece of glass, I said ‘no’ instead.

Day 2:
Strange enough they let me live in the castle to watch this mirror, but also they covered my food expenses. I guess I don’t understand the true nature of my job. All they said was to not let any pony examine the mirror, besides the ponies that they listed on a piece parchment and DO NOT break the mirror (the caption in the previous words was clearly written in the job description). And so I did what was expected of me: Housesit a Mirror.

Day 10:
It was another easy day, watching over the mirror. The reason why I’m writing about this day now is that I can’t shake off the feeling of something watching me. Well of course the Crystal Guard trots in, checking to see if I needed something to eat. But this feeling feels really strange, like some pony’s pondering up something mischievous. I practically stay up all night worrying if somepony might break the mirror while I sleep, but nothing happened.

Day 17:
I know I usually write unusual things that happened at work, but I saw something strange in the castle on my way to bed. I know that marshmallows are supposed to be very light and tasty, but I saw one literally floating about the castle halls. The only thing I know that is lighter than air is the helium we use for our balloons. Must’ve been very tired from staring at my reflection all day today.

Day 27:
Never seen that marshmallow again, haha. The Princess came to visit me again, wondering if I was doing okay with my job. Of course I said yes since she gave me a simple task that anypony can do. She pretty much spent time with me today, so I won’t get lonely from all this.

Day 41:
One month of housesitting this dumb mirror and I’m getting that ‘I’m being watched’ feeling again. I investigated the room and found nothing out of the ordinary. So I returned to my duties, watching the same reflection for a while now.

Day 50:
I ran into Discord on my way to work. I have no idea how he of all beings deserve to walk about the castle freely, plus he doesn’t live here. Oh well, I just went about work like I usually do it.

Day 90:
Discord doesn’t seem much of a bad guy like other ponies described him. He’s very eccentric and likes to play petty tricks on me. He seems to have an interest in chocolate milk and shakes. He happened to break something in the vanity room, luckily it was the mirror or else I’d be in huge trouble.

Day 107:
Aww crap, aww crap, aww crap! Prince Shining Armor is gonna kill me! I and responsible for the mirror and the first thing I saw was A CRACK!!!! It’s not my fault too, the beginning on the job I took a look at the mirror for any damages and I spotted a crack. Somepony must’ve broken the lock I put on the door and messed with the mirror before replacing the lock with a similar one. I really don’t know what to do. My leaders might banish me, execute me, maybe throw me into a prison and do both. My hooves are shaking like crazy and I don’t know what’s going to happen to me after this. I should fix this before I could get in more trouble than I already am.

Day 108:
What the buck is this mirror!? I inspected the mirror to see if I have the minerals to repair it, but the mirror seems to be made by a certain magic. I can’t fix this without a magical mineral that hasn’t been found in centuries. No wonder Princess Cadance she so interested in that stupid mirror. Oh Celestia, I’m totally screwed beyond and after!

Day 109:
I spoke with just about all my fellow crystal ponies I know and they can’t even get a grasp of what I was talking about. Maybe I should confess to Princess Cadence about this before she figures this out the hard way and really lets me have it.

Day 110:
Oh hay seeds, why did I choke!? She was right in front of you and you didn’t bother to even mention about it. I must be the biggest wuss in all of Equestria! This is getting out of hoof, if I don’t say anything, then I’m more screwed!

Day 111:
That’s it! I’m running away from the Crystal Empire. Maybe it’s best if I go live under the deepest rocks of the Everfree Forest in Equestria. If I fill the crack in the mirror and leave, that’ll give me enough time to flee with no pony knowing whe…

Author's Note:

My very first story in fimfiction. Do leave comments about this and some good pointers. I'm in need of editors in any one is willing, do send me a message or comment about it.

Comments ( 2 )

Thank you very much. I'll see what I can do with Chapter 1

Login or register to comment