• Published 20th Aug 2013
  • 21,846 Views, 1,198 Comments

Dream Come True - APoeticHeart



Luna hears the tortured heart of a young human child in his dreams.

  • ...
32
 1,198
 21,846

Chapter Three

In the town of Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle was stirring in her sleep as Celestia’s sun beamed through the window of her bedroom in the Golden Oaks Library. She smiled warmly as she let out a yawn, stretched out both her hind and forelegs, and carefully climbed out of bed. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.


She sighed softly, and turned to look at Spike sleeping soundly in his basket. Letting out a light giggle, she trotted over to the sleeping baby dragon, leaned her head down toward his, and nuzzled at his cheek. “Spike, it’s time to wake up sleepy head.” She smiled warmly at her assistant and friend as he opened his eyes groggily.


“Uh… just five more minutes Twilight, please?” He pleaded tiredly and flipped over onto his side, facing his back toward her.


Twilight rolled her eyes, letting out a giggle, and turned to trot downstairs. “Alright Spike, just five more minutes, then you…” She was cut off by a loud belch, and snapped her head back at the baby dragon. A scroll appeared in his emerald flames. “Hmm… it’s a letter from Princess Celestia, but I wonder why she would send one this early in the day.” A curious look formed across her face as she levitated the scroll over to her.


She used her magic to unroll it and began reading the letter.


Dear Twilight Sparkle,

My sister and I would like to invite you, and the other Elements of Harmony to Canterlot Castle. We also would like to introduce you all to a special little visitor we have come to care for. Be aware that this little one is a creature foreign to our land known as a human, but he poses no threat to us, or all pony kind.


Also, we would like to request for the Element of Generosity, Rarity to consider making an outfit for this child. His name is Timmy, and he is such a precious little boy, but he has suffered a great amount of pain. We will be waiting for your arrival.


Your princess and teacher,

Princess Celestia


Twilight squinted her eyes curiously reading over the letter again, paying real close attention to the words ‘foreign creature’ and ‘human’. She placed a hoof up to her chin hmm… a human? Oh, this sounds very interesting indeed. A beaming smile crept across her face and she clapped her fore hooves together. I can study this creature, and maybe write a thesis about my results. She shook her head of the thoughts and looked at Spike “Spike, do you think you can hold the fort down while I’m gone?”


Spike was no flipped over onto his belly as he lifted a single claw, waving it back and forth. Twilight rolled her eyes, letting out another light giggle before trotting downstairs, and exited the library to go gather the other Elements of Harmony.


In the town of Canterlot, the residents were outside enjoying the beautiful morning. While some were taking a stroll along the streets, others were enjoying their daily morning coffee at Doughnut Joes. Yes, it seemed to be going peacefully on the outside of Canterlot Caster, but on the inside a certain royal unicorn stallion was waking up from his slumber.


Prince Blueblood, the nephew of Princess Celestia, who also resided within the castle, carefully climbed out of his bed, and stretched out both sets of legs. He let out a loud, exaggerated yawn, and looked out of his palace room window that overlooked the royal gardens. Well, it looks like it is going to be a great day today. I better go see what’s for breakfast. He turned away from the window and headed to exit his room.


He used his magic to open the doors, and was about to trot out into the corridor, but saw the palace chef trotting down the hallway with one of the many palace maids. He could see them conversing to each other and decided to quickly back away inside his room, shutting his doors slightly to eavesdrop.


“Oh, so the princesses have a new member to add to the royal family?” The maid spoke as they got closer to Blueblood’s bedroom.


“Yes, and the young lad looks like he hasn’t eaten in days. I’m just glad that I could fix him something to eat. The poor boy,” the chef spoke with a concerned tone. “I mean I know he is a human, but no creature should go on without eating something.”


“A human?!” the maid gasped.


“Yes, but he is just a young human. He is just like a little colt, and the poor lad doesn’t appear to have a mean bone in his body.” The butler reassured the maid as both trotted past Blueblood’s bedroom doors.


A look of shock mixed with disappointment crept across his face. A human! How absurd must my aunt be to bring such a lowly and hideous creature, not only into the castle, but of all Equestria?! I am going to go see this for myself. He flicked his mane, took a deep breath, and opened his doors back up to trot out with his head held up high, but let out a disgruntled huff as he headed to the dining room.


In the dining hall, Timmy was just finishing up his oatmeal. He swallowed his final bite and looked up at the two royal sisters “Thank you Miss Luna and Miss Celestia for the oatmeal. It was very good.” He spoke in his small, soft tone, and gave them a light smile.


Luna stroked at his back with her wing, looking down at him with a warm smile, and leaned in to nuzzle him on the top of his head. “Thou are very welcome little one. We are happy that you enjoyed it.” Celestia nodded in agreement as she gave Timmy a warm smile.


Soon the doors to the dining hall opened and trotted in Prince Blueblood. As soon as he entered, he could spot the small child, and gasped. “Ah… so it’s true. There is a human in the castle!” He trotted forward to the three. “Why bring such a creature to the castle for Aunt Celestia?”


“Thou will silence thy tongue Blueblood!” Luna used her royal Canterlot voice loudly, but immediately regretted as she felt the little colt trembling against her side. She frowned, rubbing at his side with her wing, and spoke soft shushing sounds into his mane “Shh…it’s okay Timmy. Please don’t’ be scared, I’m sorry I did that…shh.” She gave him a warm, reassuring smile.


Celestia frowned at the child as he shook against Luna’s side, and then turned to Blueblood with a look of frustration. She stood up, trotting around the dining table “My dear nephew, come with me.” She trotted out of the dining hall as Blueblood had a shocked look on his face, and he turned toward the child, letting out a huff, and followed behind Celestia.


She closed the doors behind her, turning to her nephew, and looked at him disapprovingly. “Blueblood, can you explain to me why would you barge into the dining hall like that, and frighten our precious little guest?” She stood tall as she looked at him with a quirked eyebrow.


Blueblood pointed at the door with a hoof “You call that wretched creature precious Aunt Tia?! He is nothing but an abomination and a threat to all of…” He was silenced as Celestia stomped a hoof on the floor next to him.


“Silence nephew!” She looked at him now with anger in her eyes. “I will not have you berate such a child as sweet and innocent like Timmy. Do you understand me?”


He grunted, turning his head to the side “But Aunt Tia, what about the ponies of Canterlot? What about the ponies of all Equestria? Don’t you think they will fear a creature such as him as soon as he steps hoof beyond these palace doors?” He turned his back to look at Celestia with frustration.


She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath to calm herself, and opened them to look at him. “Listen nephew, as royals, you, myself, and my sister have learned about the species of humans. All the rest of pony kind hasn’t, but from what I have read about humans, this young child does not seem to be a threat to us. Especially after what he has been through, I can see why he is the one afraid of us, and not us afraid of him.”


Blueblood let out a sigh of annoyance, scuffing his hoof against the tiled floor. “Alright Aunt Tia, the human is harmless and innocent for now, but what will happen when he grows older and bigger than he is now? He could become a major threat and bring an end to all of us, making way for more of his species to come take over Equestria!”


Celestia sighed heavily as she reached up a hoof to rub at her forehead, and then looked at Blueblood. “I am positive he won’t end up like that at all Blueblood, because he is going to be living with us here, in the palace, and in Equestria. We will give him all the love and care he truly deserves, so he doesn’t grow up to be a threatening force to us.”


He huffed closing his eyes in frustration. “I sure do hope you know what you are doing Aunt Tia by taking in this human, but I feel you are making a great mistake.”


“Don’t worry nephew, we are doing the right thing. He needs a home, and a family to love him.” She gave a soft smile “Now if you are finished Blueblood, I’m going to return to Luna and Timmy. Good day nephew.” She turned, opened the dining hall doors, and trotted back in, closing them.


Blueblood let out one more huff before turning to trot away from the dining hall. His brows furrowed in anger I’m not going to let this stand. That creature doesn’t belong here in Equestria, and I’m going to make sure all pony kind learns to fear that abomination.