• Published 20th Aug 2013
  • 21,822 Views, 1,198 Comments

Dream Come True - APoeticHeart



Luna hears the tortured heart of a young human child in his dreams.

  • ...
32
 1,198
 21,822

Chapter Twenty-Two

As morning arrived in Canterlot, Princess Luna’s eyes fluttered open as she let out a soft yawn. Rays of sunlight trickled through the curtains of her bed chambers providing her with warmth and comfort. A warm smile crept across her muzzle as she lifted her wing and looked down at her little prince sleeping soundly.



She leaned her head down and nuzzled his cheek “Timmy dear, it’s time to wake up.” She giggled softly as she saw his little eyes blink open and he let out a soft yawn of his own “That’s my little prince. Are you hungry dear?” She stroked at his side with a wing.



He stretched out his arms and looked up at her with a soft smile “Yes Momma, I am. What are we going to have for breakfast?” He gave her a hug to her side.



Her heart melted at the gesture and she wrapped a foreleg around him to return the hug. She leaned her head down to give the top of his head a tender kiss “Well my little prince, shall we go see what is being prepared?” He responded with a simple nod and smiled brightly before climbing out of the bed.



Luna’s heart beamed at the joy he showed as she carefully climbed out and onto the marbled floor. She stretched out her wings and leaned down on her forelegs “Climb up my little prince and we shall make our way toward the dining hall.” With a simple nod, Timmy climbed on top of the princess’s back. She stood up and turned to nuzzle at his cheek before trotting out of her bed chambers.



As they arrived at the royal dining hall, they saw Princess Celestia sitting at the table, sipping a cup of tea. With a warm smile upon her muzzle, Celestia greeted the two with a gentle nod “Ah, good morning sister and my precious prince of a nephew.”



Luna trotted up to the table and carefully levitated Timmy onto the chair next to her. She turned to return the smile to her sister “Good morning Tia, did you sleep well last night?” She saw a cup of tea prepared for her and she used her magic to sip at it.



“Yes I did my dear sister. I slept like a newborn foal.” She chuckled as she looked toward her nephew “And how did my dear little nephew sleep? I know yesterday, when you returned home from school, you looked quite upset.” A small frown formed on Celestia’s muzzle.



Timmy nodded and gave his aunt a reassuring, bright smile “I slept good Aunt Celestia. Momma kept me close to her so I won’t be afraid and have any bad dreams.” He turned to smile up at Luna, who returned the smile.



While the three were talking amongst each other, the dining hall doors opened to reveal Trixie. She trotted in, levitating a tray with three plates and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. With a warm smile on her muzzle she spoke happily “Good morning Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, I hope you two are doing well.” She then gave a grin to the little boy “And how is the most precious little prince in the wide world of Equestria doing this morning, huh?” She gave him a wink and levitated the tray onto the table.



“Good morning Trixie my dear. My sister and I are doing wonderful, and we hope you are as well.” Celestia gave her a warm smile and sniffed the air “Mm.. the food smells divine. What have you prepared for us this morning, if I may ask?”



Trixie beamed “Yes your highness, Trixie is doing wonderful and for breakfast, I prepared a meal that I hope you all will enjoy.” First, she levitated a plate each toward the royal sisters, which consisted of a freshly made salad with three slices of apple “Of course the apples are from the Element of Honesty, Applejack’s farm..” She giggled.



She then looked at her charge “And for you my little buddy, Trixie done some research on what your species eat, and I hope you enjoy what I prepared for you.” She gave a wink to Timmy and levitated a plate and the glass of orange juice over to the boy. On his plate were two pancakes drizzled with maple syrup, topped with pats of butter, and a side of apple slices.



A bright smile crept across Timmy’s face as he looked at his plate of food in front of him. He looked at Trixie “Oh Miss Trixie, it all looks yummy!” He let out a small laugh. He reached for a fork by his plate, cut through some of the pancakes, and took a bite. As he finished chewing the first bite of pancakes, he sighed and smiled softly at Trixie “Oh, these are very good Miss Trixie, thank you.” He then went back to eating at his food.



Trixie beamed with joy “Well, Trixie is glad that you enjoy it sweetie. For now, I shall leave you three and go search through the royal library. There are so many fascinating books that Trixie would love to read.” With a nod towards the three, she turned and trotted out of the dining hall.



Luna watched her son enjoying his breakfast with a warm smile on her muzzle, and then turned to look at her sister “Tia, could I speak with you outside in the hall for a little bit?” Celestia responded with a simple nod and Luna turned back to Timmy, and placed a hoof on his shoulder “Timmy dear, Momma will just be outside talking to your Aunt Tia. If you need anything just call for either one of us, okay my little prince?”



“Okay Momma, I’ll be okay.” He gave her a soft smile and went back to eating his morning meal.



Celestia and Luna got up from their seats and trotted out of the dining hall, slightly closing the door behind them. Celestia looked at her younger sister curiously “What is on your mind Lulu?”



Luna sighed heavily as she looked up into Celestia’s eyes “Tia, last night, Timmy asked me if I thought he was a freak.” A frown formed on her muzzle as a gasp escaped Celestia’s lips.



“What?! Why would he ask you such a question Lulu? He knows that you, nor I will ever think of him as a freak, but as a beloved member of our family.” Celestia placed a comforting hoof on Luna’s shoulder “What would make him think that he is a freak?”



Luna felt tears sting her eyes, but she blinked to prevent them from escaping “He told me that filly Diamond Tiara said the was a freak, because he wasn’t a pony like all the other colts and fillies at school.” She inhaled deeply and exhaled “That is why I wanted to speak with you Tia. Today I’m planning to take Timmy with me and we are going to go visit Diamond Tiara and her father, Filthy Rich. I just wanted to ask if it would be okay with you?”



Celestia sighed and rubbed at Luna’s shoulder “If I know you my dear sister, I know that you don’t let stuff like this go. So Lulu, yes it will be okay with me for you to go talk with the Riches, but don’t let Nightmare Moon come out like you did with our misguided nephew.” She chuckled a bit.



Luna smiled softly at Celestia “Thank you sister. I promise I will be as calm and peaceful as possible, but that little filly is going to apologize to my son.” A firm smirk formed on her muzzle and the two sisters trotted back into the dining hall.



As they re-entered, they noticed that the child was done with his breakfast, and Luna smiled warmly at him “Did you enjoy your breakfast my little prince?” She stroked his head gently with a hoof.



He smiled brightly and nodded “Yes I did Momma. Miss Trixie made a very good breakfast.” He giggled as he wiped his mouth with a napkin and climbed off his chair. He hugged at Luna’s foreleg “I’ll go get ready for school Momma.”



Luna leaned her head down to kiss the top of his head “That’s my little boy. I’ll be taking you today Timmy, so I’ll be coming to get you as soon as you are ready.” She stroked up and down his back tenderly before sending him off to go get dressed.



She turned to Celestia and sighed “Thank you again Tia for letting me do this. I promise you that I’ll be okay.” She trotted up to her sister and wrapped a foreleg around her neck in a hug “I love you sister.”



Celestia returned the hug “I love you too Lulu, and good luck with the meeting with Filthy Rich and Diamond Tiara.” They released the hug and Luna trotted out of the dining hall to go wait for Timmy.



I wonder how my naïve and irresponsible nephew is doing anyway. Celestia giggled at the thought as she headed back toward the throne room.


At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack was up bright and early tending to the farm animals before doing her daily applebucking. The first task she decided to do was fetch the eggs from the hen house Hope there are some fresh eggs this morning. Ah gotta fix Applebloom a good breakfast before sending her off to school. She carefully opened the hen house door and peeked her head in to see that the chickens were starting to stir.



A basket hung from her mouth as she trotted inside to gather some eggs. She placed the basket down in the center “Alright gals, let’s see today’s offerings, shall we?” She chuckled as she trotted to each of the hens and carefully inspected the eggs. After collecting a good amount of eggs she trotted out of the hen house and left the door open for them to come out and enjoy the day.



She took the basket inside to place on the kitchen counter Now Ah’ll just fix something good after I finish with tending to the other critters. As she was about to trot back outside, there was a knock at the door Now who in tarnation would that be at this time of day? She shook away her thoughts and made her way to the den. She trotted to the door and carefully opened it to reveal a giddy, excited, and bouncy Pinkie Pie with an ear splitting grin on her muzzle.



“Hi, hi Applejack!” She giggled “What are you doing, huh, huh?” She wiggled her eyebrows and continued to hop in place.



Applejack chuckled at her friend’s never ending giddiness “Well, Ah was just collecting eggs to make breakfast, but Ah was going to finish tending to the rest of the animals first.” She sighed softly and looked at Pinkie curiously “What are ya doing here at this time of day Pinkie?”



The pink mare just giggled and grinned “Oh, you silly filly! You know what today is, don’t you?” She bounced inside the house “Today is my day with that old meanie pants Blueblood!” She stopped hopping as she looked around “Speaking of the party pooper, where is he?” She looked at Applejack curiously.



“Oh, Ah completely forgot that my week with Ol’ Bluey was done.” She chuckled and pointed toward the door “He’s just outside in the barn snoozing. Before he went to bed last night, Ah told him to give Granny Smith a bubble bath, and let’s just say that after he was done, he went to bed without question.” She let out another chuckle “Follow me, Ah’ll go with you to…”



“Nopey, nope, nope! I’ll go wake him up Applejack! You go and finish your morning duties and I’ll go get Meanie Bluey up!” She giggled and turned to hop out of the house, and headed toward the barn.



Once she arrived at the barn door, she peeked in “Blueblood! Oh, Blueblood are you in here?” She looked all around until she spotted the sleeping former prince snoozing on top of a bail of hay. She giggled Aww.. he’s sleeping like a newborn foal. It would be mean of me to wake him up from a wonderful dream. She giggled once more and quietly snuck in the barn, and tip toed toward the bail of hay he was laying on.



She randomly pulled out an air horn But for all the meanie, mean things he’s done to my poor little sweet cupcake, this shouldn’t hurt him one bit! She reached out her hoof and placed the air horn close to Blueblood’s face.

“AAH!” Blueblood’s eyes snapped open and he fell off the hay “What in Tartarus was that?!” He gasped as he struggled to get up on his legs. He placed a hoof on his chest as he caught his breath “Whew, good thing I didn’t.. AH!”


“Hi, hi there Bluebelle!” Suddenly the grinning face of Pinkie appeared right in front of Blueblood causing him to let out another scream and fall backwards onto his flank. She started to hop around him “Are you ready to have the best, funnest, fun day you ever had?” She cartwheeled in front of him and held up her forelegs spread out wide and with a beaming grin etched across her muzzle.



Oy vey, it’s the goofy pink one! He rubbed between his eyes with a hoof and slowly traced it down his face. He sighed heavily “The name is Blueblood, not Bluebelle! BLUEBLOOD!” He yelled at Pinkie “And no, I’m not ready for any kind of day with you!” He snarled and huffed.



“Aww.. now c’mon you grouchy, grouch, grouch! I promise you’ll going to have fun today!” She giggled and placed both of her forehooves on Blueblood’s cheeks “Now turn that snarl into a happy face!” She forced a smile on his muzzle.



His blood started to boil as he shook his head to force Pinkie’s hooves off “Don’t touch me!” He snapped but was immediately bopped on the head “Ow! Who did… Oh, you.” He grunted as he turned to see the disappointed look of Applejack who had a rolled up newspaper in her hoof.



“Yah, ya bet it’s me ya old scoundrel. Ah heard you yell at my friend, and Ah knew Ah had to come to teach ya a lesson. Yer time is up with me and now it’s Pinkie’s turn to take you for the week. “Applejack smirked “Unless if ya want to stay…” She trailed off as she turned her head toward the house where Granny Smith was standing at the door “Ah’m sure Granny won’t mind if ya gave her another warm and soothing bubblebath.” She chuckled as she turned look back at Blueblood.



The stallion swallowed nervously as he looked past Applejack’s shoulder at the elder mare who gave him a seductive wave and wiggle of her eyebrows. He grimaced at the sight and at the thought of scrubbing her wrinkly form again “No! No for the love of Aunt Celestia, no!” He turned to look at Pinkie who was just hopping in place “Uh.. Pinkie, right?” He chuckled nervously.



“Yeppers, that’s me!” She giggled and beamed as she felt her foreleg immediate grasped by Blueblood.



“I think I’m ready to have that fun day!” In a flash Blueblood zoomed out of the barn as fast as Rainbow Dash zooms along the skies and away from Sweet Apple Acres. The force knocked Applejack’s hat off her head, but she reached down to pick it up and dusted it off.



She chuckled Ah guess he really didn’t want to stay and help more around the farm. She chuckled some more and exited the barn to go finish tending to the animals.



Along the way toward Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie continued to hop circles around Blueblood, causing the former prince to get highly frustrated. His eyes darted back and forth at the peppy, pink party pony as he let out a deep, low grunt “Don’t you ever trot like a normal pony or do you bounce around like a blasted bunny all day long?” He sneered at her.



“Of course not silly, I don’t only bounce!” She giggled and hopped up in the air, and suddenly landed on the back of the unicorn stallion. This caused him to snarl, but Pinkie grabbed his mane “Onward my steed toward Sugarcube Corner!” She pointed ahead with a foreleg.



“GET OFF ME YOU BLASTED IMBECILE!” He yelled, but Pinkie just hopped up and down on his back. He sighed deeply and rolled his eyes For the love of Aunt Celestia, I wish this would end! He let out a heavy sigh as he trotted toward Ponyville with the pink party pony as his passenger.



Meanwhile in Ponyville, Luna trotted along the streets, carrying Timmy on her back. The town’s ponies would greet the two with a bow of their heads and a wave of their hooves, which Luna and Timmy both returned the same gesture. Soon they arrived at a towering alabaster white house that was supported by three huge stone pillars, had a white picket fence surround the perimeter of the home.



This must be the estate of Filthy Rich and that little tyrant, Diamond Tiara. Luna let out a heavy sigh as she trotted up to the front door of the house and knocked with a hoof. She turned her head to look at her son “My little prince, don’t be nervous, but I decided to bring us to speak with the father of that filly who said those harsh things to you, okay?” She nuzzled his cheek comfortingly.



He nodded “Yes Momma, I understand.” He reached forward her neck as the door to the home slowly opened.



A pear white coated earth pony dressed in a tuxedo answered the door. He had a flowing, neck-length silvery-white mane and tail, with cyan blue eyes, and for his cutie mark, he had a pair of white gloves in an “x” shape. His head was bowed as he opened the door “Hello and welcome to…” He cut himself off once he lifted his head to spot the princess “Oh, your highness, what a surprise.” He bowed his head again to Luna.



With a warm smile and a nod Luna greeted the butler “Hello my good Sir. If I may ask, is Sir Filthy Rich available?” She kept the kind smile on her muzzle.



The butler nodded “Oh, yes your majesty, Master Rich is in his office.” He stepped aside “Please your highness, come in and I shall go fetch master for you.” He gave a warm smile and noticed the child on her back “Oh, well hello young one, and who might you be?” He closed the door gently as Luna trotted in.



Luna smiled warmly back at her son “It’s okay my little prince, don’t be shy.” She nuzzled his cheek as she turned her attention back to the butler.



“My name is Timmy Sir.” He smiled softly at the stallion.



“Well, that is a fine young name indeed my lad.” He gave a bow of his head “My name is Buxton, and I have been a loyal servant and butler to Master Rich ever since he was a colt himself.” He led the two to a large room “Your majesty, young Timmy, please wait here in the den while I go get Master Rich.” He bowed his head one last time before trotting off toward Filthy Rich’s office.



Luna leaned forward to let Timmy climb off her back and the two went to sit on a sofa. A few minutes passed when Filthy Rich trotted in “Good morning your highness, how are you doing on this fine day?” He gave a warm grin to the princess and bowed his head.



“I’m doing quite fine Sir Filthy Rich.” She gave a warm smile and nod, but a heavy sigh escaped her lips as she placed a foreleg gently over her son’s shoulder “Sir Rich, I would like for you to meet my adopted son, Timmy.” She rubbed at his other shoulder with her free hoof.



Filthy Rich turned his attention to the boy and gave a warm smile, and nod “Well hello there young lad. It’s a pleasure to meet you Timmy, my name if Filthy Rich.” He trotted closer to the pair and sat in a chair across from them “So your majesty, what is this surprise visit about?” He then thought for a second “Oh, I forgot would you or young Timmy like a cup of coffee?”



“No thank you Sir Rich, we already had a full breakfast, but thank you for the generous offer.” Luna gave Filthy Rich a warm smile, but she sighed heavily “The reason we came by is that last night, my little prince told me that yesterday at school, your daughter said some pretty harsh things to him.” She looked at her son with a frown, but kissed the top of his head to assure him it’s okay “My choice to come here was for your daughter to apologize to my son for the harsh things she said to him.” She rubbed at his shoulders comfortingly.



Filthy Rich looked at Timmy with a frown “Oh gosh, I’m so sorry to hear that young lad.” He then turned his head toward the outer hall “Diamond Tiara, come to the living room please!” He called out to his daughter.



“Yes Daddy, what did you… Princess Luna?!” She gasped and bowed her head immediately. When she lifted her head she saw the little boy “What is he doing here Daddy?”



Filthy Rich shook gave her a stern stare “Diamond, the princess told me that you said some pretty mean things to her son. Is this true?” He crossed his forelegs and raised an eyebrow “And I want you to tell me the truth young filly.”



A scowl formed on Diamond’s muzzle as she stared at the child with anger Little tattle tale. Her thoughts were cut off as she heard the clearing of her father’s throat. She looked up into his eyes nervously “Yes Daddy, I did, but look at him. He’s not a pony, but just a…” She was cut off as Filthy stamped his hoof against the floor.



“Diamond Sapphire Tiara! Not another word from you.” He turned to look at Timmy “My young lad, I am truly sorry for my daughter’s actions toward you.” He turned back to Diamond “Now honey, I want you to apologize this instant to him.” He motioned toward Timmy with a hoof.



With a heavy sigh, she looked at the boy “Timmy, I want to say that I’m sorry for calling you a freak yesterday and saying that no one could ever love you, because you’re not a pony.” She then looked at the princess “Your majesty, I want to say I’m sorry to you as well for picking on your son.”



Luna could sense that the filly didn’t mean a word of her apology but she nodded anyway “Thank you dear one.” She then looked at Timmy “My little prince, is there anything you would like to say?” She kissed the top of his head.



He looked up at her with a soft smile, and then at Diamond “I forgive you Diamond.” He gave her a smile as well.



Filthy Rich trotted over to Diamond and patted her head ‘That’s my girl. Now go upstairs and get ready for school.” She replied with a nod and a curtsy bow to the princess before turning to trot upstairs. Filthy Rich then looked at Luna “Your highness, how would you like for us to take care of this matter? I don’t believe you came just for a simple apology, am I correct?”



Luna chuckled a bit “You are very wise Sir Filthy Rich. However, you are right. I believe that rightful punishment for your daughter is one, to accompany my son to school today. You know, maybe some time with each other could help them become friends.” She gave a warm smiled and turned toward Timmy “Would you be okay with that dear?”



If Momma believes it will be okay, maybe it will. He looked up at her with a soft smile and nodded ‘Yes Momma, that will be okay.” He felt her pat at his back.



Soon Diamond returned downstairs with her saddlebags on and trotted up to her father. She reached up and hugged his neck “Okay Daddy, I’ll see you after school.” She released the hug and turned to trot outside, but felt a hoof on her shoulder.



“Hold on sugar plum. Before you leave, the princess and I have discussed your punishment. Today you will be escorting young Timmy to school with you.” He looked at her with a stern yet still fatherly stare.



“What?! But Daddy… I..” She was immediately silenced as Filthy held up a hoof.



“No buts Diamond. Now you be nice to him and then we will discuss the rest of your punishment when you get home.” He kissed the top of her head.


She grunted and looked at Timmy “Alright, c’mon Timmy, we don’t want to be late.” She turned and trotted to the front door to wait for the child.



Luna smiled warmly at her son and gave him one last kiss on the top of his head “Now you have a good day at school sweetheart, and I’ll see you afterwards, okay?” She stroked at his hair.



He nodded and hugged at her neck “Okay Momma, I love you.” He released the hug and climbed off the sofa. As he walked toward the front door he looked at Filthy Rich “It was nice meeting you Mister Rich.”



Filthy smiled warmly at him and patted his back “It was a pleasure to meet you as well my lad. Now if my daughter is mean to you on the way to school, you let your mother know and she will me know, okay?” Timmy nodded and then went to follow Diamond Tiara out of the house.



As the door was shut, Filthy turned to look at Luna “Your highness, again, I would like to apologize for my daughter’s behavior. It’s just ever since her mother left us, she has been acting up.” A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he trotted back to the chair.



A curious yet sad expression etched across Luna’s face “Oh, I didn’t know Sir Filthy Rich. If I may be bold to ask, what happened with Madame Rich?”



Another heavy escaped the stallion’s lips “Well, your highness, it’s a painful story retell, but I believe it will explain Diamond’s behavior not only to your son, but also the other fillies and colts I’ve heard about her bullying.” He took in a deep breath and exhaled.


Meanwhile


On the way to Ponyville Elementary, Timmy looked beside him at Diamond Tiara “It’s a pretty day, isn’t it Diamond Tiara?” He gave a soft, yet nervous smile.



Diamond sneered and rolled her eyes “Listen, if we don’t speak to each other on the way to school, then I don’t have to be mean to you. So let’s just get to school.” She grunted but as they headed toward school a voice interrupted them.



“Hey there Miss Prissy!”



Oh great. She sighed heavily and turned to see a bulky, orange coated coat trot up to the duo “What do you want Bastion?” She rolled her eyes.



“Well, I just wanted to see how my favorite “former” friend was doing today?” The colt chuckled heavily as he saw the child beside Diamond “Oh, and whose this, your little boyfriend?” He trotted close to Timmy, towering over him a bit and pushed him with a hoof “He sure is a small shrimp, and not even a pony either.”



Diamond sighed heavily again ‘Just leave him alone Bastion. No, he is not my boyfriend, just a kid I bullied that my father forced me to walk to school with.” She placed a foreleg against Timmy’s chest and pushed him away from the colt.



“Oh, that’s right, you have to do what your daddy says now.” Bastion chuckled again “Because you don’t have a mommy anymore now. Your mommy decided to leave you….gah!” He was suddenly grabbed by the throat by Diamond’s hoof.



“DON’T YOU DARE SPEAK ABOUT MY MOTHER!” She yelled as anger flashed in her eyes. She released Bastion’s throat “NOW LEAVE!” Bastion swallowed nervously and galloped off.



Timmy shook nervously at the display of anger Diamond exhibited. He reached out to place a hand on her shoulder as he saw her shaking “D-Diamond Tiara, are you okay?”



Diamond tensed for a moment at the touch of the boy’s hand. She inhaled deeply and exhaled “Kid, don’t touch me. L-let’s just get to school.” She grunted and turned abruptly in the direction to school.



Timmy frowned as she saw Diamond trot off and he followed behind. The sight of her angry like that scared him, but also worried.



Something must have happened to her mommy.

Author's Note:

Yes I know what you are all thinking.

and yes

Also :pinkiegasp: it looks like Blueblood is going to have his hooves full serving Pinkie. If you think his time with the Apples was excruciating for him, you haven't seen anything yet. :raritywink: Also, could the painful memory of what happened with Diamond's mother be the key to her opening up and bringing her walls down? :rainbowderp: