• Published 20th Aug 2013
  • 21,822 Views, 1,198 Comments

Dream Come True - APoeticHeart



Luna hears the tortured heart of a young human child in his dreams.

  • ...
32
 1,198
 21,822

Chapter One

Nightfall had arrived in the land of Equestria, as the princess of the night; Princess Luna stood outside on the balcony of Canterlot Castle, and raised her moon against the starry sky. She inhaled the evening air as she watched over the land, making sure that no danger was lurking around. Ah… a peaceful night. I guess I will go back inside. As she was about to trot back into the castle, she could sense there was something wrong.


She turned her attention back towards the vast land, trying to find out what was bothering her. She closed her eyes to concentrate, and her ears twitched as she could hear the mind of a young colt. Oh dear, it sounds like the little on is hurt. She kept her eyes closed, and concentrated deeply.


When she opened them, she found herself in an environment unfamiliar to her. Where am I? She looked around see the room she was in was spacious, occupied with furniture and other objects that were odd to the royal blue alicorn; such as a television set with entertainment center. Her wonder was cut short when she heard a painful cry.


“Ow! Please daddy and mommy, please stop!” The sharp cry tore through Luna’s ears, and she immediately galloped up a set of stairs in the direction of the small, hurt voice.


She followed the sound until she came upon a small room, where she spotted two tall creatures unknown to her, and they were looming over something, preventing Luna from seeing. She saw one of them raise a fore leg, and brought it down with force.


“OW! Hu… hu…hu… please mommy and daddy… I’ll be good… I promise.” The scared voice struck Luna’s heart, and she knew it was the one she heard.


“Shut up you little brat!” The stallion like creature of the two yelled down at the little colt. “You are nothing but a sniveling little baby!”


“Yeah! I regret having such a weak, pathetic excuse for a son like you!” The mare like creature’s words not only stunned Luna, but enraged her at the same time.


A scowl of anger crept across her face as she trotted into the room. She stomped her hoof against the floor “Thou foul creatures, perish from this dream, and never return!” She spoke in her royal voice as she closed her eyes. The environment around her slowly rippled, and the two tall figures blew away like dust, leaving the scared little colt alone.


Luna opened her eyes back up to see the frightened creature curled up in a small ball on the floor, in the corner, with his little limbs covering his head. Her heart broke at the fear he shown, but also in the fact he was wearing tattered clothes. She felt tears sting her eyes as she looked at the little colt trembling like a leaf, and very carefully trotted toward him.


The scared child slowly raised his head, not finding his parent towering over him anymore, but saw Princess Luna approaching him. He whimpered, tears streaming down his cheeks, and his lips quivering with fear. “P-p-please don’t hurt me,” he cried, looking up at the princess.


Luna’s heart ached for the little colt, and she carefully sat down on her haunches, giving him a sad smile. “Shh… it’s okay little one… I’m not going to hurt you. Please don’t’ be afraid,” she spoke as soft as she could, so not to scare him any further. She motioned with a fore hoof “Come here sweetheart,” she spoke softly, giving him a warm smile.


The little colt hesitantly stood up, shaking on his hind legs, and started to slowly walk toward her. “What happened to mommy and daddy?” he whimpered as he looked up at her with fear in his eyes.


She looked down at him with a soft smile, carefully lifted a wing, and gently laid it over his small form, and pulled him toward her. She stroked along his back with a wing “They are gone little one. You had a bad dream, but it’s all over now, I promise.” She gave him a warm smile, but frowned immediately when she felt him shuddering against her.


He whimpered as he buried his face into her soft, warm chest fur. He couldn’t speak, because of the pain he was suffering. Luna felt for the small child, wrapping both of her wings around his little form in a warm, comfortable embrace.


She leaned her head down, and gave him a gentle kiss on the top of his head. “Shh… it’s okay little one, you are safe now. I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again.” She looked down at him and asked with tenderness "May I ask what your name is sweetheart?"


He looked up sniffling, while calming his shuddering. "My name is Timmy Miss," he replied with a broken tone.


Luna gave him a soft smile. "Well, it is a pleasure to meet you Timmy. My name is Princess Luna, but you may just call me Luna, okay little one?" He gave her a nod. She reached up to wrap him up gently in her forelegs "Come with me Timmy. I am going to take you somewhere safe, where those mean creatures won't hurt you anymore." She used her magic to envelope both of them in her warm blue aura, and they vanished in a flash of bright light.


Soon they were in Luna’s living quarters of Canterlot Castle. She lifted her head to look down at the hurt little creature, who had cried himself to sleep. A mix of a light smile and a frown was etched on her face, as she very carefully scooped the small colt in her forelegs, and hovered over to her bed, slowly lowering herself onto it.


She moved the little boy over to her side carefully, and laid a wing over him to keep him warm. She turned her head, and gave him one last kiss on the top of the head. “Goodnight little one,” she whispered as she laid her head near his, to snuggle him close and warm, and closed her eyes peacefully.

Author's Note:

Until I get done with Chapter Eight and published, here is the first chapter of my newest story I have started. :twilightblush: