• Published 20th Aug 2013
  • 21,831 Views, 1,198 Comments

Dream Come True - APoeticHeart



Luna hears the tortured heart of a young human child in his dreams.

  • ...
32
 1,198
 21,831

Chapter Twenty-One

“C’mon ya yellow bellied dog, put your back into it!” Applejack looked on from the front porch of her home as she watched Blueblood plowing the fields.


The former prince dug his hooves deep into the soft, rich soil as he drug the plow behind him, grunting every now and then. Beads of sweat poured down his face This is ludicrous, being forced by Aunt Tia and Aunt Luna to perform hard labor for these petty commoners. All because of that foul little beast. He gritted his teeth as he continued to trudge along the ground.


A smirk of satisfaction crept across Applejack’s muzzle as she revelled in the sight of Blueblood was working his tail to the bone. She chewed on a piece of straw with her Stetson hat tipped to one side Serves that rotten varmint right for bring harm to Timmy. Ah wonder what the girls are planning for him to do for them when their week comes. She chucked to herself at the thought.


“Nyah, how is the young whipper snapper holding up?” Granny Smith trotted out onto the porch on her shaky legs and stood beside Applejack.


“Howdy Granny, he’s doing alright for a former member of high society. However, Ah believe he has a long way to go before he learns the true meaning of hard work and Ah plan on teaching it to him before my week is over.” She tipped her hat to Granny.


The elder mare simply chuckled “Nyah, now that’s what I like to hear from my granddaughter.” She winked at Applejack “Say, after he gets done how about you make him.” She leaned forward and whispered into her ear.


Applejack gasped after Granny pulled her head back and snickered “Granny Smith Apple!Ah can’t ya will suggest a thing like that, especially for a pony your age!” She shook her head, but soon a sly smile crossed her muzzle “Ya know Granny, that doesn’t sound like a bad idea at all. Not only does he need to learn about hard labor, but respect for others.” She chuckled.


“Applejack, Granny, dinner’s ready!” The two turned to see Applebloom standing in the doorway “Big Mac fixed us a green bean casserole, roasted potatoes, fresh green leaf salad, and for dessert of course our famous apple turnovers.” The filly chuckled and licked her lips before turning to trot back into the kitchen.


“Nyah, that grandson of mine sure can fix a good meal when he feels like it.” Granny Smith smiled and turned to trot back inside “Aren’t ya coming youngun?”


“Ah’ll be inside in a little bit Granny, Ah got to let Blueblood know what he’s got to do next before he gets to eat. Ya go on ahead and go eat with Applebloom and Big Mac.” Applejack tipped her hat to the elder mare and trotted out toward the fields.


Blueblood collapsed on the ground after finishing plowing the entire field. Heavy breaths escaped his lips as he struggled to stand up on wobbly legs This is truly absurd to treat a prince, well a former prince like a piece of cattle. His head hung low as he panted heavily.


Applejack trotted up to him and examined the fields “Well Ol’ Bluey, ya did a darn good job, Ah’ll give ya that.” She gave a nod of satisfaction “Dinner’s ready if ya would like to have some, but first ya gotta give the pigs their evening meal before they got to turn into for the night.”


He cringed at the thought “Oh goody, I get to feed some bulbous, disgusting swine! My day is getting better by the second, isn’t it?!” He rolled his eyes, only to look at Applejack’s brows furrowed and shaking her head “Alright, alright, what do I have to feed the filthy beasts?”


Applejack waved her foreleg “Follow me pardner, but don’t ya ever speak about mah pigs like that again! We care deeply about the critters we have here on the farm and that includes the pigs. So don’t ya be insulting our animals, do ya understand?” She huffed.


He swallowed shallowly at the frustration the country pony showed “Okay, okay, I won’t talk bad about your precious animals ever again. I just don’t see why such lowly… Ooph!” Suddenly he was struck in the chest by Applejack’s hind hoof.


“Ah warned ya Ol’ Bluey! Next time, Ah’ll buck ya with both!” She sneered as they entered into the barn. She smirked at Blueblood “Now all ya gotta do is take those two buckets.” She pointed her hoof at two medium sized buckets standing against the all “Fill the trough with both, and ring that bell.” She then pointed at a rope that was connected to a golden bell up above “And the pigs will come rushing out to enjoy their meal.” She nodded and smiled proudly “After you're done with all that, then you can come inside and have dinner, but not until after you’re done slopping the pigs.”


He grunted and trotted over to the buckets “Bleh!” He held his hoof up to his mouth to prevent himself from vomiting and looked at Applejack “Do you really expect me to degrade myself by touching this putrid gunk?”


Applejack simply chuckled “Listen feller, you’re under my supervision for the week. So ya are gonna listen to me, or Ah’ll make sure Princess Celestia and Princess Luna locks you up tighter than Granny Smith’s special recipe book!” She turned toward the barn entrance “Now Ah’m goin to go and enjoy dinner with my family, just knock on the back door when you’re done.” She gave a nod and trotted toward the house.


Blueblood kicked at the ground and sneered Absolutely ridiculous! Having to lower myself to feeding flea ridden beasts for punishment. He grabbed one of the buckets between his teeth and trotted over to the trough I’d better be served a glorious meal after doing such a sickening task. He dumped the first bucket in and went to retrieve the other one. After he filled the trough, he trotted over to the rope “Come and get your food you filthy...Ah Oomph!”


Like a stampede of cattle, the pigs rushed out of their pen and ran over the stallion like a train. He was trampled into the hay and dirt of the barn, some getting into his mouth. When the pigs dug into their slop, Blueblood slowly got up and gagged Blech! This is simply horrid! Now I got to get my pristine coat washed. He looked around until he found a hose hooked to the wall of the barn I guess that will do for now. He grunted and trotted over to get himself washed off.


“Ah’m telling ya Big Mac, ya fixed one fine dinner for us tonight. Ah commend ya my brother.” Applejack smirked as she tipped her hat to Big Mac. A knock was heard and the family turned to see Blueblood at the back door, his fur soaked “What in tarnation happened to ya Ol’ Bluey? Did ya lose a fight with the garden hose?” She chuckled as she trotted to the door and opened it to invite him in.


He grunted with annoyance “No thank you, I rather not share my supper with commoners and ranch hands.” The Apples simply rolled their eyes “And no, I did not lose a fight with the garden hose.I had to wash myself off after your swines trampled all over me and caused my rich, delicate fur to become besmirched with filth!” He sneered “Now if you please, just give me my plate and I shall find a decent place to eat.”


“Suit yourself ya spoiled brat!” Big Mac glared at him as he brought his plate to him, and then trotted back toward his seat.


Applejack shook her head disapprovingly at Blueblood’s remarks, but suddenly her smirk returned “Oh, before Ah forget pardner, before ya go to bed tonight, ya gotta do one last thing.”


Blueblood rolled his eyes and sighed heavily “Oh do pray tell, what task shall I be given next? Feed the chickens a bedtime snack? Read your sister a bedtime story? Please, just no more disgusting pigs!” He rubbed at his forehead before starting to eat his meal.


Applejack chuckled “Nah, not any of those things, although the chickens do need their feed before they go to bed. Ah can do that, but your last task before ya turn in for the night will have to give Granny a nice, soothing bubble bath and a massage, because her back is acting up again.”


He lifted his head and a look of pure disgust washed over his face as he looked at Granny Smith who simply chuckled. He gagged “I think I’ve lost my appetite!” He turned and galloped off to throw up.


Oh, now that is simply dreadful. Me giving that old hag a bubble bath, and worse using my well manicured hooves to… bleh… rub her wrinkly old back! For Aunt Celestia’s sake, how can it get any worse for the next five weeks?!


At Canterlot Castle, Luna trotted inside her bedchambers after raising her moon to see her son warmly tucked in under the covers with a spot next to him for her to lay. As she trotted up to the bed Timmy gave her a little smile “Momma, do you think I’m a freak?” The smile suddenly turned into a frown.


Luna gasped and felt her heart break at the question, shocked and hurt to hear such a thing from her son. She looked at him with a serious, yet motherly stare “Oh my little princes, of course I don’t think you are a freak. You are a precious, handsome, and sweet little boy. Why would you ask me such a question like that?” She carefully climbed into bed beside him and lifted a wing up over him.


He shook nervously “There was this girl at school today who called me a freak, because I don’t look like her or the other ponies.” He felt tears form in his eyes and turned his head to prevent his mother from seeing him cry.


Luna’s heart broke more at the sadness he showed, but she tenderly caressed him with her wing “Shh… my little prince… Shh… Momma’s here, please don’t cry.” She leaned her head down to nuzzle him “Who told you such a horrid lie Timmy?”


He sniffled as he lifted his head up to look into her eyes, a couple lone tears rolling down his cheeks “Her name is Diamond Tiara. She told me not to get in her way at school or she will be even more mean to me.”


Luna’s blood boiled at the thought of her son being bullied for not being a pony. However, she tried to remain calm and be there for him as she calmly sighed “I’ve heard of this Diamond Tiara before my son, but she is just filled with what we call “hot air”. She let out a light giggle and nudged him playfully with her muzzle “The stuff she told you may have hurt you Timmy, but none of it was true. You are my son, my little prince, and it doesn’t matter if you’re a pony or not, I’ll always love you!” She gave him a warm smile and kissed his forehead “Do you understand me?”


He sniffled once more and nodded “Yes Momma, I understand, and I love you too!” He reached his arms up to hug at her neck and she happily accepted the hug, and returned it with a foreleg around his back.


She kissed the top of his head “That’s my son. Now close your eyes Timmy, sleep peacefully, and may you have dreams of joy, fun, and love.” She rubbed up and down his back gently with her foreleg.


“Goodnight Momma.” He curled up under her foreleg and wing, and then closed his eyes gently to drift off to a peaceful slumber.


She looked down at him with that same motherly stare and smiled warmly. She whispered softly into his ear “Goodnight my little prince, Momma love you and always will!” She kissed him on the cheek and laid her head just above his, tucking it caringly under her chin.


It looks like I’m going to have to pay a visit to the little filly’s father, Filthy Rich.

Author's Note:

Well, it looks like Blueblood's punishment is getting off to a rousing start :rainbowlaugh: