• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 609 Views, 18 Comments

Dawn of Darkness - Lawpony



Cobalt wants to join the royal guard in Canterlot, to help protect the princesses along with the rest of ponykind. But when strange things begin to happen, will he stay true to Equestria or its ponies?

  • ...
 18
 609

The Sweetest Things

Two Years Later

Cobalt was eating breakfast in the mess hall when he saw his new friend walk into the middle of the room and begin looking for a table to sit at. The crowd of soldiers had been loud all morning. Cobalt got up and began waving his forelegs around frantically.

"Flash! Over here!", he called.

Flash Sentry looked over, saw his friend, and walked over to the table.

"Hey Pine, how's it goin'?", Flash casually asked as he sat down.

"Good I guess. I'm being moved to Ponyville. The guard is growing in number, and they can spare up to twenty soldiers now. After what happened two years back, nearly every stallion wanted to join up," he took a bite of his apple.

"You're being moved to Ponyville? I've only been there a few times. After the last time Twilight brought me there, I was promoted and couldn't travel as much," he took a sip of his water. "But good on you! Maybe you can spend more time with Joule once you're there."

"Oh yeah, about that," he brought out a black box.

"Woah. Pine, that's amazing!", he took the box from his friend and opened it. "WHAT! How did you afford this?!"

The ring was a large diamond ring. The diamond was a half an inch wide, and a fourth an inch tall.

"Pineshield. Where did you get the money to buy this?", Flash looked almost worried.

"Do you remember last month when I used all my leave time?"

"Yeah."

"Rather than go on vacation or take it slow, I got three jobs and earned the money for this."

"What?!"

"For her birthday a year ago, I took her to the jeweler to get a nice necklace. She saw that wedding ring and wouldn't stop talking about it for weeks. I know how girls think. it was obvious she wanted it."

"How did you manage the time for three jobs?", Flash asked as he handed the box back to Pineshield.

"I didn't spend much time doing fun stuff. I didn't even get to spend time with her. I would expect she's a little angry at me, but when I show her this...", he trailed off, smiling at the box.

"Well, when are you planning on proposing?"

"The first day after I get moved. I had a letter sent to her that said to open it next Monday. The letter will tell her to meet me in town square, where I'll be stationed."

"Next Monday? That's in two days!"

"Yep. I am so nervous!"

The bell in the mess hall rang.

"Time for drills. See ya later Pine," Flash got up and started walking away.

"See ya!"


It was a warm Monday morning. The birds were singing, and the sun was shining. It was the perfect day to propose to the most beautiful mare in Equestria. Cobalt nearly missed this scene because he was so worried.

He was standing guard by town hall when Joule walked up.

"Hey Cobalt, what did you want me here for, on this day specifically?", her voice didn't sound harsh, but you could tell she wasn't too happy.

"Joule, I have some explaining to do. And I know you may not like the fact that we haven't spoken in a while, but I have something important to ask you," he bent his forelegs so that he knelt. His right wing unfolded and a black box could be seen in it. "Joule, the most wonderful, most beautiful, most funny, most amazing mare in all of Equestria, will you marry me?"

She exploded into tears and slumped to the ground. Through her crying you could hear her apologizing over and over. The whole thing had caught her by surprise. She finally wiped her eyes and through her forelegs around him. "Of course I will!"

"I love you so much!"

"Is that why you didn't have time to spend with me? Because you needed money for that?"

"I had three jobs, but I couldn't tell you or it would have been obvious."

Her crying intensified. "I'm so sorry for being mad at you!"

He hugged her tighter. "It's okay. I didn't exactly look like I wanted to spend time with you with the way I avoided you. I just couldn't risk ruining the surprise."

"I love you so much!"

"I love you too," he nuzzled under her neck and then brought his mouth up to her ear and whispered. "You are the most perfect mare I have ever met. I'm glad that rock took me outta the sky."


The bells rang to a cheerful tune. The birds chirped along with it. The bride and groom came running out of the palace together, and climbed into the chariot.

When the happy couple climbed into the chariot, they looked into each other's eyes and smiled.

Joule shed a tear. "We're married! You're my husband!", she excitedly whispered.

"And you are my beautiful wife. And together, we're going to live forever!"

No sooner had he said this, the two shared one long kiss as the chariot flew off into the sky.

Author's Note:

First of all. Before I get carried away (and I will) ICK! GROSS LOVIE DOVIE STUFF! EEEWWWW!

Now that that's outta the way...

"ER MER GERSH! YER FERNALER ERPDERTED!!!", you might say.

"Yes of course!", I would reply. "I did just promise earlier today that I would...better do it now before I forget again!"

But seriously tho. How did y'all like this chapter? I had to literally MAKE myself finish it. It was just so...dialogue-y and I'm more of an action writer myself so it was kinda boring to write this. Plus I had no clue how to write a wedding scene. I mean how does one write a wedding scene?! Ah well. Anywayz, this chapter is crucial to the plot so it was a must.

I gotta pause it. Thanks for watchin'! Bless your face! And if you sneezed during this chapter bl-wait this has been taken already! STEPHEN! BETTER SCRIPT NEXT TIME! WHAT?! I CAN'T USE THAT NAME?! FINE! THEN I'LL CHANGE YOUR NAME TO...STEPHANO! NOPE! I WON'T HAVE IT! THAT'S TOTALLY ORIGINAL!

See y'all next time.

Thanx!

-Lawpony

doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo SUB-SCRIBE!

Comments ( 3 )

I just realized after re-reading the end of this chapter before I began the next chapter, that what Pineshield said at the end was extremely creepy.

I mean, look at this!

"And you are my beautiful wife. And together, we're going to live forever!"

It's like, Mad Father or something...what's he gonna do, make her into a doll? :pinkiecrazy:

(Nothing gross or disturbing happens to Joule because of Pineshield.)

Man! So, 28 weeks since I wrote this?! UGH! I hate it when I'm so extremely behind schedule. I do not plan on abandoning this or Exiled Magic, but right now I am extremely busy. If I can write soon I will try to continue this. I loved writing it but I just got really busy and then my computer wouldn't let me edit. Then it wouldn't load the login page...now I'm here! And I plan on getting back into it! Soon.......hopefully. If you are just now reading this chapter, this story is not dead!

Oh my gosh the chapter I rushed, the shameless Tobuscus fanboying and PewDiePie reference...wow. :pinkiesick:

PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY READING THIS AND WERE INTERESTED AND I ENDED IT ON THAT! :facehoof:

Login or register to comment