• Published 17th Aug 2013
  • 673 Views, 22 Comments

Might Be just a day... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 43. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
2
 22
 673

Chapter 7

Chapter 7 – Sleepless

The dark night sky has creeped into the world over the last couple of hours, Twilight and you went to bed a few hours after she read to Violet and had her normal hour messing around with trying to recreate Star Swirl's old journal.

You can tell from Twilight's light snoring that shes fell into her deep sleep, your not really sure if she's always had a faint snore or if its just a sigh she really has allowed herself to sleep quietly at night without a care in the world.

You hold a little bit of envy to the fact the lavender mare can so easily drift into a nice slumber especially on cool nights, but you would want her to trade places with you. You clear your throat quietly as your running nose starts to drip back to your throat, giving you another reason you haven't yet been allowed to close your eyes.

A few more moment past as you continue to listen to every sound in the house, but as the minutes trail on in the dark room you finally decide to not just lay around.

You slowly start to slip from the bed's covers as you hold your gaze to the lavender mare, making sure to not change the way the covers are laying to her. As your hooves touch the ground you give one more quick look to Twilight, but her sleep has kept her from noticing your absence.

Using your ninja like skills you don't really posses you make it out of the room and into the hallway, there's no real goal in mind and you don't know why you feel like walking around the cold hardwood floor. But you also don't like laying in bed until you finally just pass out from your lack of sleep.

The library at night has always been a little weird, the smell of books combined with oak does always seem to be a little stronger at night.

Not really a bad thing seeing as how it kind of is opening you nose up as you continue your pointless walk of the house. Your trot has lead you down the stairs and you now just look around the slightly dark almost moonless area.

You look over the few books that sit to the table, most are the books Twilight used for Violet but the other is the old journal with a piece of paper stick out of it. You move over towards the book as you take it to your hoof and open it to the paper.

The room is too dark to really read anything so you take advantage of your own light as the paper and book it lays in takes on your magic's purple glow making it more readable. You study the words as you think them over, Violet Sparkle has been accepted into Celestia's school for gifted unicorns, after following and passing an entrance exam...

Your faint laugh comes over you as you clear your throat, ponies don't grow up too fast? You don't let your thoughts carry. As you do this you notice your purple glow starting to shift from its normal color, the faint chime that comes from the magic heightens a little as it sparks up in green glow.

You quickly drop the book and paper back to the table as a loudish thud of it rings around the room, your magical hold breaks as the sound from the table subsides.

Your breath strangely comes back to you a little heavy but you give a faint sigh of relief you realize it didn't burst into flames...and that you didn't get sucked into a book. You only hold your gaze to the table for a few seconds.

"You ok?"

The quite feminine voice makes you jump a little as you turn back to the lavender mare that stands mid way down the stairs.

A feeling of guilt comes over you as you realize she wouldn't had woke up if you didn't drop the book, but your voice comes back as you start to trot over towards her, "Ya, i'm fine. Just um..." You stutter with your words as you try to come up with something.

But she doesn't wait to hear your response as she smiles, "Are you worried?"

You pause to her words as you think them over, but you swallow hard as you shrug, not really knowing how to answer.

Twilight's eyes flash a bright green glow as a strange smile comes over her, "You shouldn't be?"

- - -

A rush of the cold world's air rushes to your nose followed by an unwanted amount of sickness as you give a quick cough. You shoot your eyes around the room for a moment as you place yourself, the room like it was in your dream is dark only lit by the high hanging moon.

You move your eyes towards the mare still sleeping next to you, her sleep has not even missed a moment, which is a pleasant surprise seeing as how she usually can feel you wake up.

A faint sigh comes from you as you shift your eyes to the ceiling, at least that's one way of knowing it was just a dream...You would have never had known you left the bed a lot earlier. With a silent chuckle to yourself your mind gets a little calmed and you feel as though you might be able to drift back to sleep without a problem...if you can keep your mind clear. Note to self, become a dream reader.

End of chapter 7

Might Be just a day away

Comments ( 11 )

:twilightsmile: might be guy must eat meat in front of celestia, it oiled be hilarious

3061800

lol we humans are weird creatures .:rainbowlaugh:
Also, just making sure you know this is the 2nd part to the MIght Be series, I can't remember if I saw your name last week. Don't want you getting confused you know. :twilightsheepish:

3062316
Whoa, all those comments. Leux will be proud when he starts back in on reading :heart:
Also meat in front of Princess Do Nothing? :rainbowlaugh: that will scare her away from Twilight.

What if....what if Violet grows some canines? :pinkiegasp:

3063327

Then she would taste bacon when she eats zap apples...or Fluttershy will need to guard the chicken coop :fluttershyouch:

3062337 but he MUST! he MUST! I insist! :raritywink:

shes gonna be in 4 it now dat dis guy is gun eat the chikenssssssssssssss:twilightsmile::trollestia::fluttercry:

3063951 now time to read this series and the maybe series from the beginning! :twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

3295895

:pinkiegasp: Leux is back! And he's read like three things so far!!

You always were a pro :raritywink:

3296057 it has it's pros(vantages?) to catch a cold X'D :trollestia: *HHAAAAAATSHUH!!!* :pinkiesick::pinkiesad2::raritywink:

Login or register to comment