• Published 17th Aug 2013
  • 674 Views, 22 Comments

Might Be just a day... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 43. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
2
 22
 674

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 – Ms.Sparkle

If it was still morning when you, Twilight and Violet got back its been well past it now, you wouldn't think magic training would be mostly talk. But as Twilight has made it clear, magic can not be properly used without first understanding how its created. Nothing you haven't heard before, thoughts and emotions can create through using the big words Twilight has stated earlier in her lecture that you, Spike and Violet have been held captive to.

You move your eyes to the light purple filly, her ears still stay pinned to Twilight's words and her eyes don't really show the same slightly bored feeling that you're eyes most likely have. But you figure Violet would have had to get something different from Twilight seeing as how its not her magic.

You start to drift back to Twilight's words as it starts to sound like her tone begins to stand on its last leg, "...All magic effects the world around us and seeing as how it only takes a little bit more effort to manipulate that, this is why we'll start with a few simple spell breaks and spell bindings."

Twilight taps her hoof to her mouth as she gives a little giggle, "You know Celestia has even talked about ponies being able to imprint themselves on to items and that some items can even chose the pony that can break a bounding spell." She closes her eyes as she gives a giddy smile, "I was able to prove that when we found the Element's of Harmony."

You give a slight chuckle to her tone as you speak up, "So what's Violet doing again?"

Twilight comes down from herself induced high as she blinks to your words, "I'm going to enchant a book with a low spell and see if she can break it."

At the end of her words her horn sparks up in a low purple glow as she picks up one of the books from the table, you glance to the title of it as it takes on a slightly brighter purple glow, so long Magic for Derpy's.

As the purple shimmer of magic ends to the book Twilight floats the book towards Violet, "Alright Violet now all you have to do is open it."

The book comes to set in front of the little filly as she blinks a little confused to the request, but Violet doesn't jump on the opportunity as she taps her left hoof to her right.

"Well because its a way you can practice using magic." Twilight holds a smile as she looks to the filly.

Violet turns her gaze back to the book as she moves her hooves to it and tries to open, but the book's covers stay in their spot as she tries to open it.

After a few failed attempts Violet puts her hooves back to her as she just stares a little confused to the unopening book.

Twilight and Spike both give a faint laugh as the mare's voice comes back, "Violet, you first need to break the spell using your own magic."

Violet nods her head as her horn glows a faint blue, the chiming aura begins to engulf the book as it takes on the new blue shine but again nothing happens.

Twilight smiles happily as she floats the other book from the table, "That spell should take a little to get right, Spike lets see if we can fix Swirls book u-..."

Before Twilight's sentence can end the book Violet had comes up to Twilight open with a green aura of magic holding it to the lavender mare.

The little filly's horn holds the faint green glow as she holds a wide smile to Twilight.

"But...that spell should have taken at least thirty minutes?" Twilight takes the book from the green glow as she floats Swirl's journal back to the table.

You hold a smile to Twilight's confused stare as Violet's hooves come back up, you nod to the filly's request as your stuffy nosed voice comes back to you, "Of course we'll go play outside."

Before you stand from your seat Twilight's voice comes back as she talks, "Wait hold on, I want to try a few more things first."

Violet's attention comes back to the lavender mare as she listens to her words, "Lets see if you can break this spell." Twilight's horn again sparks up in purple glow as the book comes to a close again.

- - -

The sun outside has started to dip well out of the worlds view, most of the day has revolved around Violet's first day of magic training along with the few breaks for dinner and for the few times you and Violet decided to go outside. You do regret showing Violet an easier way to make a snowball out of magic, really not the best thing for a cold but you were more surprised your idea worked.

As you close the door behind you your gaze turns to the lavender mare that stands near the table with the quil held in her magical purple grasp, "Alright Spike, here you go." The paper comes up from the table as it rolls up and floats over to the dragon's claws.

"What's that for?" You stop your trot as you near the table.

Spike takes a deep breath before he blows a greenish colored fire to the paper that makes it disappear in a slight pop. As the pop ring around the room Twilight turns back to you, "Well Celestia said she still wants me to send friendship reports, so I decided to make one about what we've been doing with Violet."

You hold a smile to her comment as you speak up, "So your boasting about Violet's magic?"

A laugh comes from Twilight as she rolls her hoof to you as she continues, "No no, I just talked about Violet's first day."

You nod to her comment as you think, Celestia’s star student now has her daughter trying out for her school soon...Yep, Twilight's boasting.

"Come on Violet, i'll read you a story after your bath." Twilight trots over towards the little filly that continues to struggle kicking her boots off, Violet abandons her quest of free hooves as she follows the lavender mare up the stairs.

You watch them for a few moments before your eyes start to water with a building bodily reaction, "AhChowwo!" You give a slight cough as you snort your nose back fast.

A faint laugh comes from Spike as he walks away from the table with a slight yawn, "Maybe you should go to sleep early... His yawn ends as he looks to the window, "I'm lucky, I have no problem sleeping in a warm bed after a hot bath...ahhhh." A smile crosses his face for a second but it doesn't last long as he speaks back up with a sigh, "There better be a lot of warm water after Violet."

You give a little chuckle to his comment as you watch him start up the stairs.

End of chapter 6