• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 997 Views, 34 Comments

Spike's sister 2 - Musicnotes



After Sombra was defeated Spike and the others go off to bring back Sarah.

  • ...
5
 34
 997

The start of the next challenge

Rainbow dash followed Valkyrie through the cave tunnel to get back to her friends. She looks at the dragon and asked her a question, that she didn't think anypony had asked her yet. "What's up with your eyes?"

The colorless eyes of the dragon looked at the rainbow pegasus. "I was born this way, just as you were born with wings and a rainbow mane. " The pegasus nods and they keep walking. They soon get back to the group seeing them just standing around.

Spike looks at Rainbow. " Back already? That must have been really easy for you."

"How long was I gone?" She asked.

"Five minutes." Pinkie pie jumped in to speak. Rainbow dash looked surprised but then remembered Valkyrie's warning to her earlier when she said that time would have been moving differently for her during her challenge.

"That short, for me it was longer like a day per minute." She said to them.

"What did you do sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

Rainbow looked at Fluttershy. "Well I had to race this pony that looked a lot like Fluttershy and I was given a few days to do it. I thought it would be easy cause there is no way you could beat me so I was chilling on a cloud enjoying some cider and a Darin Do book. Then I took a nap and when I woke up and saw this pony flying as fast as me, no pony is faster than me so I did some training."

"A copy of me whoa." Fluttershy said.

"Did you win?" Pinkie asked.

Rainbow dash shook her head. "No, well yes...we tied."

Twilight had a scroll and quill out on the ground as she was writing. "So was your challenge a race?"

The pegasus shook her head. "Well Valkyrie said it was like um..."

"It was Sloth." Valkyrie said.

"Sloth? Isn't some kind of furry animal." Rarity said looking at Fluttershy.

"A sloth is a mammal, hangs in trees, moves slowly, and they are good homes for other animals. A sloth may be home to moths, beetles, cockroaches, ciliates, fungi, and algae, isn't that so nice of them to have other creatures live on them." She replied to her friend.

"That sounds disgusting, the thought of having creatures crawling all over you." The unicorn shivered.

"It's not that kind of sloth Rarity. In a few books I read Sloth refers to a pony being lazy in ways like physical and religious. " Twilight said and looked at the scroll she was writing on. "All the challenges we have face involved a theme, greed, lust or love as Valkyrie had called it, gluttony and now sloth. Every one of these are involved in a book about deadly sins. "

"You are a smart pony Princess." Valkyrie said as she started walking. "There are still more of the challenges to face now come."

"Deadly sins?" Spike said. "Those don't sound too good."

"Yeah they don't but we already did four of them, we can do whatever else that come are way." Pinkie smiled at the dragon bouncing after Valkyrie.

"Don't worry Spike. We handled it fine so far." Twilight said placing her hoof on Spike's shoulder. "We should see what this next challenge is." Spike nods and together with the others he follows Valkyrie.

"I do hope this challenge isn't too dangerous." Fluttershy said softly.

"I'm sure we can handle it Fluttershy." Applejack said.

"I hope so." She replied. "I just wouldn't like any of us to get hurt or worse.." As they were walking it was clear the magic in this cave was starting to change the surrounds as the ground under their hooves changed from stone to grass and new sounds came out of no where.

Chirp, chirp.

Tweet, tweet.

"That sounds like animals. " Twilight said and noticed the change in what she was walking on. "Grass?"

"This cave.." Spike said shaking his head.

"Oh I wonder what animals could be here." Fluttershy said happily.

The dragon leading them said nothing as she walked. Her silence was ignored by the others as they talked like Rarity who pointed with her marshmallow hoof as she spoke. "They must be up ahead."

Applejack nods. "They sounds like they could be. This cave is crazier than Pinkie on a sugar high."

"You do realize you can't get a sugar high, its all in a pony's head." Twilight said.

"Like that matters Twi. This cave is just plain crazy. I mean lets go over the facts. First this cave is in a mountain, the first thing we meet in here is a bronze dragon bigger than Spike that we are following with out question for the most part, passages protected by magic, there was a waterfall in the first challenge with illusions of Sweetie belle and when we had to go to the second challenge the same path used to get to the first challenge took us to a dining room. Do I need to continue?" The earth pony said.

"Well it is magic, I guess anything can happen." Spike said with a shrug and looked at the white crystal on his necklace. "I guess it's like Discord, it doesn't have to make sense. " He looked at Valkryie and then back at the group. "You guys remember the story Valkryie told us. This place is called the grave and the dragons and it is ruled by the grave king Seth. He must want this place to be crazy and unpredictable for these challenges to prove we are worthy to get Sarah. She was never suppose to have life but stay here."

The group nods looking at Spike. Valkryie smiled slightly and spoke. "Good to know one of you have been listening.. now for the next challenge. " She stopped in front of a glass door. "You know the drill." One by one the ponies went in and Fluttershy was the only one who could get through the barrier that was placed.

"What me..I don't think I can do this." She said.

"I'm sure you can do it. Just believe in yourself." Pinkie said smiling. Spike nods and was going to lean against the barrier expecting him to just stay there but instead he fell through.

"I have another?" He said.

"Looks like you do." Rainbow dash said crossing her hooves. "You get all the fun."

Pinkie pie smiled. "Good luck guys."

"Thanks Pinkie." Fluttershy said looking down unsure if she could win this challenge whatever it may be.

Applejack smiled at her friend. "Don't look so glum. Spike will be there with you."

"I guess you're right." She replied.

Twilight looked at everyone and then at Valkryie. "Will these challenges be done so?" The bronze dragon just nods in response and motions for the shy pegasus and the baby dragon to follow, leaving their friends. Valkryie had lead the two to a beautiful garden, it was almost as beautiful as the one in Canterlot. There was sounds of animals all over.

"Wow." Fluttershy said.

"This is for our challenge? What are we doing gardening?" Spike asked.

Valkyrie shook her head. "No, the challenge is Wrath."

Author's Note:

Hello all, thank you all for reading so far please feel free to like, fav and comment. I want to know what you guys are thinking

-Musicnotes

Comments ( 2 )

This almost seems like they have to overcome their own hidden anger. Even though there was the challenge that spike had to deal with greed but I was kinda thinking that since he's a dragon he would also have some built up anger and the same goes for fluttershy

5619530

hmm after reading your comment i agree and you have given me the perfect idea.

Login or register to comment