• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 997 Views, 34 Comments

Spike's sister 2 - Musicnotes



After Sombra was defeated Spike and the others go off to bring back Sarah.

  • ...
5
 34
 997

The start of a quest

The sun had not yet rose but was going to soon as Spike woke up from his dreams. He was still in Sarah's room in the guest room of the castle in the Crystal Empire. Twilight was still asleep peacefully. He smiled and thought about the dream he had that night. His dream were filled with the actions of the night before. He saw the memory of when Sarah jumped in front of him to protect him from Sombra's magic, when Twilight and Princess Cadence used the spell to get rid of Sombra which he hoped would be forever, he dreamed about how Sarah's purple and pink scales had turn to white, and finally his dream ended with Sarah leaving this world and disappearing. Spike didn't really understand why her body just turned white and disappeared the way it did, leaving only her necklace with the once black now white crystal that had once held some of Sombra's magic. He adjusted the necklace, he wanted to keep it close to him since it made him feel like his sister was with him. He looked at the crystal and remembered what she said to him when he asked her why she did that after she took the blast. He spoke it softly to himself not wanting to wake Twilight. "Cause you don't deserve to die.." A tear fell from his eye. "You didn't deserve to either."

Spike gets up from the bed and walks to the door. He opens the bedroom door and silently leaves, letting Twilight continue her dreaming. As he walked down the hallways there was nothing but emptiness and silence. Spike knew that the others wouldn't be up but he didn't feel like sleeping. He just walked down the halls thinking about everything. After a few minutes there was the sound of hooves walking across to floor.

Spike looked and saw Princess Luna. He gave a quick bow. "Hello Princess Luna."

The princess of the night smiled at Spike. "Why hello Spike. We are surprised that ye is up this early, for my dear sister has not risen up the sun yet."

Spike nodded and looked at the crystal. "Yeah I know, I didn't really feel like sleeping."

Princess Luna nods. "We understand, as a traveler of dreams we saw what ye have been dreaming about last night." She was referring to his dream about Sarah.

He sighs. "Yeah..I just can't believe she did that.."

The princess put her hoof on his shoulder. "She did what she thought was best for thou. My sister did the same when she put me in the moon for a thousand years. " There was some light coming out of a near by window as the sun was rising.

Spike nodded. "Well I better go get ready."

She nodded. "We know that ye must get thy stuff ready but we are sure that Princess Cadence and Shining Armor are going to be doing that. Our sister will be meeting you in dining hall to talk about thy's quest."

He looked at the crystal then back at Luna. "Thank you Princess, I'm going to head there and wait." He started walking.

"We shall meet later." Princess Luna replied with a smile and watched him go.


Spike headed to the dining hall with thoughts of this place that Princess Celestia had spoke of the last night. She had said that she believe Sarah went to a place where dragons go when they die and also said that they were there before they hatched. He wondered if there really was a place like that. He wondered if it was full of life or cold and dark. He guessed he would find out when he looks for Sarah. He sat down in the dinning room. There was a purple crystal table in the middle of the room with several chairs all around it. He sat down on one and put his elbow on the table and set his head on his claw letting it hold his head up.

Meanwhile Twilight had woken up. She yawned and looked around. She saw that her faithful assistant wasn't there. She figured that maybe he wanted to be alone cause of what happened last night so Twilight got out of bed and was about to walk to the door when she saw the pile of journals. She remembered when both Princess Celestia and Luna mentioned them. She grabbed her saddle bag that she forgot she had with her and put the journals in there thinking that she might read them later. She put on the saddle bag and walked out the door. As she was walking she saw that her friends had woken up, some looking more tired than others.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders yawned as they saw her. "Hello Twilight." Apple Bloom said.

Twilight smiled at her friends. "Morning Everypony. Do you know where we are meeting to speak with the Princesses?"

Applejack nodded. "Yes we do Twi. We ran into Luna and she told us that we are to meet in the dining room. Princess Celestia will be talking to us while we eat some breakfast."

"Oh I hope Spikey-Wikey is alright. He must still be feeling quite upset because of what happened. I know I would feel that way if I lost my dear Sweetie." Rarity said as she gave Sweetie Belle a hug.

"Me too." Sweetie Belle said with a smile.

"Oh I agree with Rarity, I do hope Spike is alright. " Fluttershy said.

Twilight nods. "I agree with you all. I guess we will find out when we see him. He must have gotten up before me since I did not see him in the room."

Rainbow dash's stomach growled. "Spike must be in the dining room, I say we head there now too cause I don't know about you but I'm as hungry as a horse."

Scootaloo nodded. "Yeah lets go."

Pinkie pie bounced up and down. "Race ya!!" She started to bounce down the hall way.

Rainbow dash smiled. "Your on Pinkie." She starts flying to catch up with her.

The rest of the group chuckled as they watched their two friends race. Scootaloo was cheering for her idol Rainbow dash to win as she always did. After a few minutes of walking they were soon in the dinning room. They saw that Spike was leaning on his elbow still with his claw holding his head up. He seemed to be thinking. Rainbow dash was taking a few deep breaths and Pinkie smiled. They couldn't tell who won the race but didn't really care that much if either or had won so they all took a seat and sat in silence. They had no clue what they should talk about now. A minute of silence passed until Princess Cadence and Shining Armor had arrived. They were using their magic to carry several things. There was some blankets, a giant tent or two,some warm clothes and a bunch of gems in all shapes sizes and colors.

Rarity's eyes sparkled seeing the gems. "Those are simply fabulous. They look as if they are perfect for one of the designs I have been working on."

Shining Armor chuckled. "These gems aren't for making clothes with Rarity."

Cadence nodded as she set the stuff she had been carrying on the floor. "Shining Armor is right. These gems might help you in case you face any dragons or if your dragon gets hungry himself."

Spike looked at the gems, seeing them made his stomach rumble. "Now that you mention it, I am kind of hungry."

Cadence chuckled lightly in response. "Breakfast will be out in a minute. There are plenty of gems for you to eat then. You will need all your strength for the next few days. "

"She's darn tootin. We will need it. " Applejack said.

"Yeah we will." Sweetie Belle said.

Rarity looked at her sister. "I'm sorry Sweetie Belle but I don't think it will be best for you and your friends to come with us. "

"But why? " Sweetie whined.

"Yeah why? We want to help Sarah too y'all." Apple Bloom said.

Fluttershy looked at the girls. "Girls, we have no clue what will be out there. Its just to dangerous."

Pinkie pie nodded. "Yeah there could be monsters or snow beasts out there." She made a scary face that made Rainbow dash chuckled.

Spike sat up, took a deep breath and sighed. He looked at the Cutie Mark Crusaders and spoke sounding serious. "I know you guys want to help but please let me and the others do this. I don't think Sarah would want to see you girls risking your lives to help her when she did much to help you so please stay here with Shining Armor and Cadence."

"But aren't you risking your life to help her?" Scootaloo said in response.

Spike nodded. "Yes but it's different. I'm doing it because she is my family."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders looked at each other and nodded. "Alright." They said in unison.

At that moment there were several ponies bringing in food from the kitchen. There was several crystal kingdom types of food like crystal berries, crystal corn and cider. There was also regular things for breakfast like fruit, toast, and some gems for Spike. He licked his lips and chowed down. The others started to eat. Rarity seemed pleased that her sister didn't do the cooking remembering the time she made breakfast. After a few minutes of eating Celestia and Luna walked in. Celestia had a scroll floating in the air with her magic.

Twilight looked at her teacher. "Morning Princess Celestia. What is that if I may ask?"

Princess Celestia smiled. "This my dear Twilight is the map you will need to get to your destination."

Rainbow dash looked up from her plate of yummy food. "What if our destination anyway?"

Spike nodded. "Yeah where are heading? You mentioned last night that you believe it that Sarah had magically disappeared to a place you only heard legends about?"

Princess Luna took a step forward. "The place of which my sister spoke about is a place which many doubt exist. It is said to be a dark gloomy pit wiith a wall lined with bronze and is ruled by a dragon who was sent there eons ago some are chosen to stay there in the pit while others are sent to a place that we known as the fields. We believe that thou will do fine but there are many challenge you will face and ponies you may or may not meet. Follow thy map, it shall guild ye."

Princess Celestia nods. "Yes please be careful everypony. Cadence and Shining Armor have already got somethings for you." She points a hoof at the stuff they brought in earlier. "I suggest you add these to your bags along with anything else you may need. Its cold so I suggest you wear plenty of warm clothes, if you need us we are always a letter away."

Twilight nods. "Yes Princesses. I will write to you as soon as we need you." She takes the map.

Pinkie pie hopped into the pile of warm clothes and came back out with several sweaters on and a red knit cap. "I'm ready." The group chuckles at how she looked.

Fluttershy smiles. "You look very nice Pinkie."

Twilight had started to put things in her saddle bag since she still had it on. The others went to grab theirs and came back to fill the rest of it. Spike even had his own bag. It was a purple one to match the color of his scales. Inside he put in Sarah's pink cloak that Rarity had given her, several gems and a blanket. The three fillies went up to them and gave them all hugs good bye as they put on some warm clothes, they all either wore jacket of sweaters that seemed to be very stylish. Rarity enjoyed that very much as she wore a purple sweater, a scarf, and a jacket to keep her extra warm. After that they all exited the palace and walked for several minutes out of the Crystal Empire and into the Frozen North. Right before Spike exited the Empire he looked at the crystal he wore around his neck. "I'm coming for you Sarah."

Author's Note:

Hello everypony. I hope you enjoy reading the first chapter of my sequel. I did my best as I always try to do. Im hoping this would be as popular as my last story...maybe more. I won't update it as often but I'll try to. Please feel free to comment, like or favorite.

Question time:
what do you all think of the story?
what challenges do you think the group will face?
what creatures will the group face or meet?