• Published 8th Aug 2013
  • 763 Views, 10 Comments

An Interesting Summer Break - Doctor_Brony1234



Matthew is your average 16 year old boy. He is also a Brony. While his parents leave him to hold down the fort when his parents go on an important trip. Six humanoid creatures appear shortly after, and he has to watch them over the summer. ANTHRO.

  • ...
6
 10
 763

Chapter 1: An Interesting Occurence

The day was warm in sunny Edmonton. Sunlight peeked through the windows, cool breezes swept in from an open window in our living room. I sat on the couch, iPod in hand, as I played Black Ops Zombies on it, the faint sounds of gunfire being emitted from the small touch screen MP3 player.

Two sets of thumping came down the stairs, I looked up to see my parents, dressed sharply and suitcases in hand. My dad was around forty-five, and my mom was a year younger. He had black hair, slightly brown skin due to him being Native. His hair was long, and was braided traditionally into a ponytail. Glasses sat on the bridge of his nose, and over his eyes, allowing him to see better. My mom was a white skinned lady with a blackish-brownish head of hair, done up in a tight bun. She wore a bit of makeup, and she had some lipstick on. My mom and dad originated from a small town up north, a place called 'Wabasca'.

We would occasionally visit, seeing family and old friends from when I lived with my Kohkom. Kohkom means grandmother in Cree, and Wabasca means white lake, I think. Anyways, they were checking the suitcases that looked like they were leaving me for at least a few years. I imagined my dad handing me a wad of cash, and saying, 'Here, we'll come next year and check on you.' I laughed a bit at the thought, but I was cut short of thinking when my dad walked up to me.

"Matthew," he said, his voice deep and a bit monotone.

"Yeah, dad?" I asked, looking him in the eye. He handed ma a small wad of cash. I estimated it was about two grand.

"Use this to buy groceries while we are gone. If you run out, call auntie Paulina or Mason, they will lend you some cash. IF, you run out." He said carefully. A bit stern, but he knew i wouldn't spend lots, though.

"Okay. See you a day before school starts." I said, waving to them.

"Buy, Matty! We'll be back before you start school!" My mother said before walking out the door and shutting it quietly.

I watched them load the vehicle with the suitcases, before driving off to the airport. I got up from the couch and walked around the house a bit. The house was a bit too big, but there was enough rooms for guests. The kitchen was next to the living room, devised by the counter. A fifty-eight inch flat screen tv sat directly across the room from the couch. The stairs was located by the front door, and a hall way that lead to the laundry room and my dads office. Across my dads office was my moms. They would always help each other out when they need spare supplies if needed. The laundry room was in the basement, and the door was located in the kitchen. The main area of the basement was my den. That is where me and my friends would hang out and talk MLP when they were here. Yes, I'm a Brony. I think I mentioned it before. Any-who , I walked up the stairs and walked to my room. There was a total of five bedrooms in my small mansion, as I called my house. One was mine, the one across the hall way was my parents, and the rest were guest rooms. I walked into my room, the cold air struck me as air condition was strong in my room. Posters of games and such adorned my wall, as well as a medium sized bulletin board, where artwork hung proudly. My bed was a queen sized, and beside it was a night stand, as well as the other side.

A computer desk sat in an area near the closet, and my homework desk as well. A tv stand sat in the middle, about two feet beside the door frame. A blue recliner was against the wall, its fading material noticeable. A PS3 sat in a space in the tv stand, along with various games as well, like Uncharted, Grand Theft Auto IV, The Last Of Us, etcetera, etcetera. I decided to browse the Internet on my computer until a loud sound emanated from downstairs.

I walked cautiously out of my room, being careful of not being loud. Then I heard voices. Female voices. I made out words such as, 'where are we?' and 'what happened, Twilight?'. Wait. Hold the phone! Did that voice say, 'Twilight'? My mind was racing as I walked quickly and quietly down the stairs. I opened the door carefully and peeked into the living room. What I saw surprised me very much. There stood, six humanoid creatures, in my home. They all looked like the Mane Six from MLP. I recognized them all. Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow, Rarity, Pinkie and lastly, Fluttershy. I stood there, mouth agape at the humanoid ponies. I built up my courage and opened the door. All eyes were on me as I walked into the living room. They all went wide eyed and their irises shrunk to the size on pinpricks. Silence was next through out the home, as I inspected them. They were all human, save for the heads, tails, manes, coats of fur, and horns and/or wings. The rest looked human, and I guess they were thinking the same when I resembled them, species wise. They all wore something that matched their personality. Twilight wore a pair of blue jeans, purple and white shoes, a purple sweater, and she wore a pair of glasses. Fluttershy wore a green sundress with three pink butterflies on her chest. A pair of light green shoes were on her feet, and she also wore a pink butterfly hairpin and a matching necklace. Next to her was Applejack. She wore a red plaid shirt that was tied in her midsection. A pair of dark blue jeans were on her legs, and she wore boots a cowboy (a cowgirl, in this instance) would wear. Next was Rainbow Dash. She wore a light blue track jacket with her cutie mark stitched on her chest. A white shirt was under neath said sweater, and a pair of light blue shorts. She wore light blue shoes with white, and short socks. Pinkie Pie wore a lot of pink. So much pink, that I would go blind. Anyway, she wore a pink shirt that said 'Born to Party', pink slap on bracelets were on her wrists, and she wore a pink short skirt that a girl who partied would wear, and a pink pair of shoes adorned her feet. And last, but not least, Rarity. She wore a white sweater with small gems that adorned the chest, as well as her cutie mark. She wore a necklace with her cutie mark, and a whitish blue pair of fashionable jeans adorned her lower part of her body, as well as a pair of white heels.

We stood there for a good twenty minutes, looking at each other, before I broke the silence.

"H-hello?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"Hello." They all said in unison, surprisingly calm now. Twilight approached me and cleared her throat.

"Hi. My name is Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's prized pupil and Element of Magic." She said, extendeing her hand.

"Matthew. Matthew Gladue." I said as we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you Matthew." She said as we put both of our hands to our sides again.

"Likewise, Ms. Sparkle."

"Just call me Twilight." She said, not wanting to be called miss.

"Okay. So, I have a question... How did you get here, into my home?" I asked. I knew the answer was obvious, but I asked for the drama of the situation.

"I was testing a spell with my friends, and it took us," she waved her hand around the living room. "here." She said, a hint of homesickness already kickin in. I made an 'Oh' face when she said it.

"Well, then. Welcome to Edmonton! Specifically, my house!" I said in an announcers voice, sarcasm dripping off of every word. "Well, can you try to take yourselves back home?" I asked, but then, her face turned into a grimace.

"That's the problem. That's was I've been doing before you came down here." She said, a bit of sadness present in her voice. I put my hand on my chin in a thoughtful way, thinking about the problem at hand. Suddenly, I cleared my throat.

"Well, you can all stay in separate guest rooms until someone finds a way to get you girls home." I said. She looked to me with an expression that said 'you are kidding, right?' but I was dead serious. Her expression lightened up when I told her, and she wanted to introduce me to her friends, whom I already know. This summer was going to be interesting. Very interesting indeed.

Author's Note:

Well, here is my new fic, I wrote at six in the am. Well, enjoy and rate and review. And let me know if this is good!

-The Good Doctor

Comments ( 10 )

Point out some errors or grammar problems, because I type stories on my iPod.

-The Good Doctor

3010801

Well i'm not the only one then :moustache:

This story is great so far,( personally I will be reading this on the premise that it isn't anthro sorry for that) I hope this story continues to be awesome, and I can't wait until the next chapter.
P.S. very impressed it was done so well on an iPhone.

and a Cupcakes scene

I do hope your ACTUAL cupcakes:twilightoops:

MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR please:twilightsheepish:

3038387 Workin on it! Also gonna add a little something something!

;)

-The Good Doctor

hmm,

Buy, Matty

would be 'Bye Matty', unless you have a sale?

Maybe put paragraphs into the summary too?

The descriptions came out lively, but somewhat undisrganised and thus less than ideal. Try to go over them in order to get them in order?

Any-who ,

drop the space before the coma, right?

2 paragraphs in the story was feeling way too long, more of bricks.

Love the story dude also y was it canceled

Login or register to comment