• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 490 Views, 9 Comments

The Legend of the Phantasm Kirin - ObeliskTheOwl



When an ancient evil re-awakens and makes its presence known among Equestria, it's up to Princess Twilight and her friends to stop it. But how can they fight what they cannot see?

  • ...
 9
 490

Status as of Jan. 27, 2014

Greetings. Obelisk here with a bit of an update. As of January 27, 2014, The Legend of the Phantasm Kirin is cancelled.

Now, for those who even read the story and are disappointed to see this, hear me out. In a recent blog post, I briefly touched down on how my imagination and writing skill works. Basically, if I am unable to finish a story within a month, it usually doesn't get done. This usually occurs in longer stories, as I have had no issue writing some one-shot horror story in a couple of days. The Legend of the Phantasm Kirin was birthed out of the desire to join in on the FiMFiction community. After being here for a while, I began to notice something...

The Legend of The Phantasm Kirin was just whack. I mean, seriously. Sure, it was pretty good, for about three chapters. Then whammo, Chapter IV came out, and it was a complete wreck. First, the reveal of the Kirin was just too quick. Second, the emotional parts were rushed and the battle scenes weren't thought out well. Third, the title. Just... no.

After that, Chapter V came out, and I tried to introduce Lunar Blaze, the son of Luna and the Phantasm Kirin. That just felt out of place. I mean, Luna stopped easily, Kirin all bad-ass and stuff, and then a plot hole in plain site. Then the grammar and overuse of words. Sheesh. And don't even get me started on the tags.

However, like I said in the blog post, I can't just leave this where it is. Some people actually enjoyed this. So that's why I'm beginning to plan on a rewrite. Hopefully, I can do this right this time around. Who knows? I guess only time will tell. I'm also taking the time to properly format a story and add appropriate tags (Thanks to this guy. Check him out.) as well as reading more stories to try and get the imagination gears turning again. However, don't expect this to come out immediately. I also need to practice my drawing and I got school.

That there wraps this up. This is Obelisk, and I hope to see you soon.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment