• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 611 Views, 7 Comments

Song Fic - Cant--Cook

  • ...
2
 7
 611

Starting Anew

It has been two years since Rainbow Dash joined the Wonder Bolt Academy and was called in to Spitfire’s office for an important meeting regarding her progress in the Academy. She, at the moment, was talking to a pegasus with a grey coat; ice blue eyes, light blue mane and tail, and had two ice skates as a cutie mark. The pegasus was in fact her current marefriend and had been for a year. While Rainbow was happy that her marefriend came to visit, she was also annoyed. Their talk had became an argument and Rainbow simply couldn’t calm her marefriend down. As usual Rainbow Dash was stuck with calming her crazy marefriend down which only made her far more exhausted then the Academy Training Test.

“You would rather chase after some stupid career because your narrow-minded father was a damn Wonderbolt?!” her marefriend asks prompting Rainbow to facehoof,

“Ice, baby, he isn’t narrow-minded. That is the Dash Family tradition to be hard on a potential mate to see if they could handle being in the family. He has told you from the start that he would be as hard on you as he was on me. Second, being a part of the Wonderbolts has been my dream and in my family. My dad was one and his mom before him was too. This is my chance to finally show my dad that I am the most awesome pony ever and I need you to understand that this is like your ice skating career when it comes to training. So we will both be busy with our potential careers.” Rainbow replies exhausted and annoyed with her marefriend’s attitude.

“I would prefer to have a mate attend all of my performances and not be with a bunch of show offs.” Ice replies cold as her namesake.

“They are not showoffs. Now if you excuse me, I have to meet the Captain to discuss my career. Maybe time apart will do us some good.” Rainbow replies tired of the argument.

“No it won’t. You better quit this stupid dream.” Ice replies flying away in an angry huff.

This had been the thousandth time they had argued and Rainbow was really starting to wonder if the relationship would last. She needed support and wasn’t getting that from her marefriend which was upsetting her. She walked to the Captain’s office wondering if she would be happy constantly following Ice or with the Wonderbolts. ‘Who is more important?’ was the question that plagued her mind. Once she arrived to the office, she saw Spitfire talking with her father.

“D-dad?” she asked confused eye flicking between the two.

“Oh hey RD, Captain was telling me how you broke my record on that spin-out course. Gotta say kiddo, ya might be able ta take up my legacy.” Her father replies with a prideful smirk.

“Huh?” she replied trying to see if she was dreaming or not.

“Your father was the previous Bolt Master and you might just become the new Bolt Master.” Spitfire says in an understanding tone.

“W-what?” she asks feeling her heart start to race with panic.

“Bolt Master Dash, ya ok?” her father asks.

“I need some air, mam. Permission to fly around and clear my head, mam?” she instantly asks trying extremely hard to conceal her panic.

“Granted.” Spitfire replies before Rainbow Dash takes off.

She flew for hours and wasn’t calming down, at all. She was in a complete state of disarray at the news she had just received. Bolt Master was the highest honor a Wonderbolt can have due to the fact that every Bolt Master is a true master at the art of stunt flying. ‘I have only done enough stunts to show I have potential. How in the flying buck am I supposed to be one of the MOST elite flyers in all of Equestria? The Wonderbolts were all I have dreamt of being a part of. I wasn’t supposed to be better than them.’ She thought to herself as started to land.

Soon in front of her marefriend’s home, she was pulled out of her thought from a high pitched groan coming from the house. Confused, she used her spare key to open the front door only to get the most heartbreaking surprise. Her marefriend was in the arms of some colt and by the looks of things in a very heated kiss.

“You…bucking…WHORSE!” she exclaims before flying away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack was working the fields when Rainbow Dash had crashed landed in the middle of the south field. She raced up to her downed friend only to grow even more concerned, not because of Rainbow’s physical condition, but she was sobbing uncontrollably. ‘Dash ain’t one ta weep like a baby foal. Something’s up.’ She thought to herself as she analyzed the crash site. Thankfully Rainbow wasn’t flying fast enough to hinder any of the chores let alone do too much damage to the area.

“Sugar cube, are ya alright?” she asks only to berate herself for asking a dumb question.

“Yeah, nothing I can’t handle.” Rainbow replies trying to make it seem like she wasn’t crying. Applejack however didn’t buy it.

“Don’t sound like it ta me, Wonder Bolt. Now what’s got ya weeping out here like a baby foal without its mama?” Applejack asks as she sat next to distressed friend.

“What? No insisting I go to a hospital!” Rainbow replies joining Applejack.

“Nope Sugar, not this time. Besides from the looks of things it ain’t much more than a sprained wing and bruised ego. Now what’s got mah top flyer down and whose flank do Ah gotta kick?” she replied motioning for Rainbow to sit closer to her.

“Nothing is bugging me AJ. So just relax.” She mutters obviously lying, trying to keep up her tough image.

“Sugar cube ain’t no pony out here asides from me and Ah know when yall are lying ta me. Now spill it Dash.” Applejack replies sternly knowing exactly what Rainbow was trying to do.

“You aren’t going to drop this until I talk are you?” she asks deadpan cursing Applejack’s stubbornness.

“Eenope.” Applejack’s says confidently mimicking her older brother with a wide smile on her muzzle.

“If I talk you promise not to hurt anypony.” She replies knowing full and well that Applejack was going to either force it out of her or find out from somepony else.

“Ah Pinkie Promise Sugar cube. Now what’s bugging ya?” Applejack’s asks in a gentle tone.

Rainbow began with how she caught her so-called marefriend locking lips with some colt then went into how her father wants her to take up the family legacy which she feels she isn’t ready for yet. Applejack listened and tried to keep her temper under control. She and Rainbow have been best friends for a long time and she never really did think Ice Glare was good enough for Rainbow. Finding out what her friend’s marefriend did, really had her briefly consider marching over to kick some flank. ‘Simmer down AJ, Dash needs yer attention right now. Not some floozy that did her wrong.’ She thought to herself hugging her friend.

“Now Ah know it ain’t much but my ma used ta sing ta me when Ah was down. Would ya like ta hear how it went?” she asks in a comforting tone once Rainbow had calmed down thinking it was best idea at the moment.

“Y-yeah.” Rainbow answers wearily trying not to break down again.

A heart’s faith ‘tis not to blame
For this game we play holds no shame
Even though it seems hopeless
One must be fearless
Love is a gamble worth while
Fair to those that believe
Don’t put it all in, but sit and wait
Your chance will come
Just don’t delay
For one so small, you seem so strong
Strength comes from within no matter the fall
Not even those that do you wrong could ever keep you down
So stand up tall, and prove them wrong” Applejack started to sing slowly soothing her heartbroken friend and completely unaware of how it was making her friend feel.

Rainbow had always wondered if she had made a mistake with going after Ice Glare. She and Applejack always had this type of connection that always kept them close. She wasn’t as flashy or boastful when she hung out with the farmer. It was almost as if she could be herself around her and constantly wondered if she was even truly as strong as her best friend was. Listening to her sing that song made her feel a lot of things towards to her and most of those things pointed to one four letter word that she never even used in her newly failed relationship.

Broken hearts and broken trust
Better times are sure to come
Wait your wait and talk your talk
And you’ll see
For one so small, you seem so strong
Strength comes from within no matter the fall
Not even those that do you wrong could ever keep you down
So stand tall and prove them wrong
Everyone falls but only those
Of true strength get back up again
To start anew
To rise above
Everyone gets their share of broken hearts
So one must learn to trust their heart
For only time can tell
For one so small, you seem so strong
Strength comes from within no matter the fall
Not even those that do you wrong could ever keep you down
So stand up tall and prove them wrong” Applejack sang losing herself in the song and slowly lit a fire in the young Wonderbolt.

Rainbow was staring at Applejack with fondness that could not even be expressed in words. Applejack’s voice may have not been 100% star quality but to Rainbow it was perfect. ‘She never once asks for anything and yet gives her all for others. How could a mare this beautiful not have a special somepony?’ she thought to herself while Applejack sang the chorus with passion. The passion Applejack was displaying made Rainbow feel like there was nothing she couldn’t do. Rainbow wasn’t even aware that she had moved even closer to her best friend or that she wasn’t even paying attention at this point. She only managed to hear the end of the song.
One is never alone
One is never alone in this world
For friendship is magic
Love is simply a different form
Not yet explored
Yet for so small you seem so large
Adventures await from afar...” Applejack sang ending the song.

Rainbow began to completely forget Ice Glare and soon all her thoughts were connected to the mare that was always there for her whenever she was down. Blushing a deep red hue, she looked away from Applejack and hoped that it wasn’t too soon to start liking somepony. ‘I’m totally not going to let her be some rebound pony but how can you postpone loving somepony as awesome as her.’ She thought to herself not wanting to turn her friend in a desperate and greedy rebound.

“It may be too late ta say something but that mare wasn’t good enough for ya…” Applejack stated only to be cut off by a pair of lips crashing into hers in a fierce kiss.

The kiss had knocked Applejack on her back and completely made her forget what she was about to say. All she could think about was how much she truly wanted Rainbow and that she wanted this moment to last forever. They had stayed like that for what felt like hours which was only a short amount of time. It took all of Applejack’s will power to reluctantly push the amorous mare off her and ask, “What about Ice Glare? From what ya told me she stills think yer her marefriend.”

“Oh that well not for long.” She says half heartedly trying to reconnect their lips into another kiss.

“What’s that supposed ta mean Sugarcube?” Applejack asks confused.

“I left her a note that is supposed to reach right about…” she says slowly sitting on her flank looking up.

“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, RAINBOW CRASH?! NO ONE BREAKS UP WITH ME UNTIL I SAY I WANT THE BREAK UP!” Ice Glare shouts landing in an over dramatic huff.

“I’m the mare dumping your sorry flank because you were busy going behind my back with some colt instead of being a real marefriend. It’s over Glare and it has been a lost cause for the past six months. I was always making compromises for you and not once did you consider what I wanted. You kept taking and I decided that if you couldn’t be awesome enough to even meet me halfway that I’ll just leave you for somepony better.” Rainbow yells back giving her a mocking yet angry smile.

Ice Glare was shocked that she had been dumped and figured that if Dash couldn’t see things her way then maybe Dash’s father could knock some sense into her crazy marefriend. Once the idea settled in her mind she flew straight towards Rainbow’s old home in Cloudsdale. Ice Glare, however, had no idea that Rainbow’s family had little to no sympathy for her and would never bother in helping her now. Once she was gone, Rainbow pounced on a stunned yet happy Applejack.

“Now where were we?” she asks in a love struck tone.

“Ah think we were at the part where ya were telling me what ya feel for me.” Applejack replied nervously blushing a light pink.

“Really? Hmm, I think I was beginning to show you.” Rainbow replies with a smirk on her muzzle “I think a proper date is in order. After all, what kind of marefriend would I be if I didn’t take my awesome mare out to a dinner and movie.” She adds kissing her newfound love’s nose in a teasing manner.

“Uh…date…w-when?” Applejack dumbly replies high on love and happier than ever .

“Whenever you want, Apples, whenever you want.” Rainbow replies before kissing her again

Comments ( 7 )

2977254
I'm guessing you like the idea?:rainbowderp:

¿"Compromises"?

2978300 Ice Glare had made Rainbow do "lame" things like shopping for stuff that wasn't even needed and always having Rainbow pay for them while making sure she had no contact with her friends.

3080762 Oooooohh! (Realization kicks in)

3082420 yep I hope you enjoyed :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment