• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 501 Views, 1 Comments

Defending Equestria (Cancelled) - Jack2023



A human from earth is taken to Equstria to be pleaded to, and asked stop a dire evil. Accepting the task not knowing what hes getting into, he learns that it is something he faced before and must prevent himself from turning into the evil as well.

  • ...
6
 1
 501

8: Reaper's Curse

I got up early in the morning to read the letter Spike gave me in the middle of the night. Seriously Celastia, I hope it was important, cause I completely ignored it through the night... Ass. Alright what is it! I open the scroll to see what it was about.

Dear Jack, A spirit is showing itself again in the walls of my castle. This has not happen over 1,000 years ago, When Luna became Night Mare Moon.
“So that rely did happen.”
If a pony faces evil, a tunnel will show its self to who need to be prepare for the times ahead. Prepare you're self Reaper.
This will be you're greatest trail yet.

So I will get my answers at the library.
"Prepare myself hu?" Guess I'm taking my assault rifle.
I got up, and started going through my packs. I packed one up one to have every thing I need to make sure I stay alive.
If Celastia had to do this, I better prepare myself for a battle.

I walked out to see Twilight packing some things for the travel.
“What do you want to do for breakfast?” I asked walking out of my room.
“There's some fruits on the table.” She said continuing to pack.
I walked over to the table and grabbed a pear.

“Are you all packed Jack?” Twilight asked.
“Sure am!” I quickly replied.
“By the way, what was the letter from last night about?” She asked after a moment.
“Celastia confirmed that we'll find answers in that library. But she said that I need to prepare for the greatest trial of my life?” She looked at me confused.
“What does that mean?”
“Hell if I know. What I care about right now, is why she sent that letter in the middle of the night? That was just mean to Spike! Little ass.” Twilight quickly and look at me with anger after I said the insult.
“What?!” I said laughing.


After a while of waiting around, we got a knock on the door, Twilight went to answer it as I grabbed another pear from the table.
“Hello Rainbow Dash!”
“Hey there Twilight!”

So is Rainbow Dash going to pointlessly yell at me again.
“When are you going to leave for Canterlot?” Rainbow said in a cheery voice.
“About an hour later, why?”
“Well I need to talk to you.”
“Um, sure.” They walked outside closing the door behind them. I hope Rainbow isn't going to ask if every one can go to Canterlot, I honestly don't want Twilight to go.
I know Celastia was warning me that the trail could be fatal.


“So what is it Rainbow Dash?” I said, after closing the door behind me. “Everypony wants to go to Canterlot with you Twilight!” Rainbow said excitedly.
“You know, were just going to stay in the library when where there?”
“Oh come on Twilight, have some fun!”
“Yesterday was for fun, today is work. If any of you want to go, be at the train station in a hour.”
“Alright!” Rainbow said dashing away. I open the door and walked back inside to continue getting ready.

After some time Twilight walked back in. “Did they ask if they could come too?” I asked as Twilight started to pack again.
“They did.” She sighed.
“You let them come hu?”
“I did.”
“Alright.” I said walking back to my room.

I told Twilight I would meet her at the station. I walked to the blacksmith in town to see if I could use there tools.
After some talking I was able to use there grinding stone.
I pulled out a knife from my service days, and started sharpening it. While I was sharpening the blade, images of what I have done with it came to mind.

“I have never seen a knife like that.” The blacksmith said
“Probably because this one isn't meant for chores around the house.” I said with the blade done sharpening.
“I see. Well if the blade is meant for that, I want to see how strong it is.” He pulled out 1 inch sheet of a gold tint metal.
“I'm making a new armor for the Canterlot guard. This is only a test sheet so I don't mind it getting destroyed. Do you're worst to it!”
“Alright.” I said while putting the knife to one side of the metal, and in one slice, cut through the sheet completely like butter.

“Looks like I need to tweak the recipe?” He said shocked.
“Its not you're armor. Its the knife, people in my world are still trying to make a metal that can stop this blade.” I said holstering the knife, he looked back at me stunned of such a dangerous tool.
I said thanks for letting me use their tools and sorry for the metal sheet, and then headed for the train station.


When I got there the 6 ponies and Spike where socializing. “Hey there you are!” Rainbow Dash yelled out.
I waved, and they started getting on the train.
A little later I found the cart they settled in and made myself comfy. About 15 minutes later the train finally left the station.
I wanted to rest a little, but I know were vulnerable on the train, and I wasn't taking chance.

About half way there I started to recheck the gear I brought with me. First aid kit, battery supply, HUD goggles, flashlights, ammo, and etc. Every thing was set.
“Hey Jack!” Pinkie yelled, she then dashed over to the bench I was sitting in and joined me.
“So Jack? How good are you friends with Twilight?” She said smiling a little weird.
“Well I do consider her a friend... I hope.”
“You hope?” Pinkie said with a confused look.
“Well... All I've rely done for her is make her cry. Shes done a lot to make sure I'm welcome here in Equestria, but...”
Pinkie frowned a little.
“I understand, but its OK, you're just dealing with something very bad! You're also making sure are world stays safe!” She smiled at me to get my confidence up, I smiled back.
“Thanks Pinkie Pie.” I said with gratitude.
She skipped back to her friends. And I laid there doing nothing tell we got to Canterlot.


Finally at Canterlot, I'm getting sick of trains. We got out of the train and they girls started talking about what they wanted to do.
“There's a new restaurant I heard about!” Rainbow yelled over the others.
“Oh, there's a perfume shop that of been dying to go to!” Rarity said in her drama queen attitude.
“Are you going to the library Twilight?” AppleJack asked.
“Of course.” Twilight quickly replied.
“Come on Twilight! Have some fun!” Pinkie yelled out. Twilight was starting to get a little annoyed now.
“You guys go do what you want, well meet up back here at 9pm.” I said inpatient.
They all nodded in agreement and splinted up, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Spike to the perfume store, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and AppleJack to the restaurant. Me and Twilight to the royal Library.


After we got to the library, Twilight started going through books like the world depended on it. I started looking for this spirit Celastia was talking about.
“Jack, what are you doing?” Twilight asked after a little of me wondering around.
“Looking for a certain something.” She looked at me confused and went back to her search.

After going out of Twilight’s sight, I noticed something. There was black cloth on the other side of the balcony. After trying to figure it out, it started to move away, no walk away. That thing was in the shape of a human!
“FREEZE!” I yelled at it, getting my handgun ready for a fight while running after it.
“I said freeze!” I yelled at it again. I turn around a corner and it was gone. I lifted my weapon into position for defending myself and began searching the area.
“Jack! Whats going on over there!?” Twilight yelled running to my side.
“There's something here.” I said with a low voice. She started looking around for it too.

“There you are! Freeze!” I yelled and began to run after it again.
Then it went downstairs into a room, I ran into the door with my shoulder's, swinging it open. I aimed my gun only to see a pitch black room.
“Twilight?” I asked as she ran next to me.
“I got this.” She said using her magic to light the room.

The room was completely made of old castle stone. The only thing that was in this room was a pathway into more darkness.
“lets go!”
“Hold on Twilight! Where not prepared for what ever is in there.” I quickly said backing out of the room.
“Go back and get my pack.” I said after we left the room. She nodded and left for my belongings.
“We heard yelling over here, whats going on?” I look to see two of the Canterlot guards running towards me.
“Something human just went in there after I chased it.”

Twilight quickly returned with my pack, I then started pulling out what I needed.
“Miss Twilight, is there any thing we can do?” One of the guards asked. Twilight then looked at me.
“Make sure nothing goes in or out, other than me!” I said, they nodded and took position next to the door.

This is when the other ponies came by.
“Whats going on?” Rainbow asked dashing to Twilight.
“Something went in there, and we don't know what it is.”
“So lets go after it!” Rainbow yelled.
“No!” I yelled, I stood up an aimed my rifle at a vase, an pulled the trigger, a loud bang that shocked every one in the room, along with shattering ta vase.

I turned around switching the flashlights on my gun and goggles on.
“But we want to help!” Rainbow yelled back at me.
“Stay here!” I yelled back, I look at the two guards. “You have you're orders, follow them by the book!” I yelled at them.
“Sir Yes, Sir!” They both yelled back.
“But Jack!” Rainbow yelled with annoyance and desperation.
I turned around. “That was an order Rainbow Dash!” I slam the doors close, cutting of all conversations.
I turn around and start descending into darkness.

After walking through the passageway for 2 minutes, I began to hear talking, I then see light at the end of the tunnel, I turn off my flashlights and continued making sure they don't hear me.
I got to the end of the tunnel to see military gear, every where. I quickly got behind some crates and started making sure I knew what I’m dealing with.
5 jeeps, 2 APC's, and.... A TANK!
The soldiers are all armed with AK's, I can tell this isn't a government force.... What the fuck are they doing here?
I stood out to announce my presence but had my gun ready.
“I'm a member of the Reapers!” they all looked at me but kept there guns lowered.
“You have 10 seconds to tell me the reason you are here!”

They laughed at me, one with a red barrette walked out in front of me.
“Why should I tell you any thing?” He laughed at me, and the rest quickly followed.
(These men are inexperience are they would be cowering right now.)
“5 seconds!” I said ready to do what will come.
He laughed, “Fuck Off!” I took aim, and shot him dead before any one could do anything.
ran to cover as they began shooting at me. “In 30 seconds you will all be dead if you do not surrender!” I said making sure they heard me, the bullets kept whizzing by.

I look slightly out, 84 soldiers. “There going to need triple there numbers, and that tank to kill me!” I said laughing.
I popped out and began firing, 2, 3, 4, 5 dead. Some began rushing me, 6, 7, 8, dead. A grenade landed next to me, and I quickly threw it back, 3 soldiers flew out of cover with the explosion, 11.
There’s a box of grenades here... SWEET! I grabbed 5 and started shooting again. 12, 13, 14, 15, dead.
I ran over to the tank and open the hatch, another popped his head out, 16.
I armed a grenade and tossed it in the tank and closed the hatch and jumped off, landing onto a soldier and shot him under my feet, 17.

The tank exploded as I got back in cover, “Look at that, you're only chance of killing me, gone!” I yelled out laughing. I ran to another piece of cover shooting, 18, 19, dead. They rushed at me again, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, dead. “You guys suck at this!” I yelled continuing my laughter. I spot a couple trying to use cat walks in the area, I got under them and gunned them down, 30. Another 3 broke cover, 33.
I got on high ground to see 5 soldiers in cover, “HOT PATATO!” I yelled tossing a grenade. Boom, 38. This is to easy.

I stayed in cover for a moment when gun fire stops, they lost my position. I look over to see a couple of AT-4s close by. I silently walked to it making sure the 6 soldiers below me wouldn’t detect where I was.
I grabbed the rocket launcher and took aim, click, BOOM, 44. The gun fire started again as I tossed away the used launcher and grabbed the other one.
A soldier was trying to get on a mounted gun equipped to one of the jeeps. Bad move, click, BOOM, 45 + a jeep. I tossed this one away quickly grabbing my rifle to shoot soldiers who exposed them self’s, 48.

Another rush!? Relay? I started shooting the group of soldiers, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53. The gun fire stopped again.
“You guys are idiots! Stop doing stupid shit!” A soldier yelled out.
I quickly shot him, fucking idiot, 54.
A group of soldiers where on the catwalk exposed, 55, 56, 57, 58.
“How about you shoot you're self's cause I'm getting board!” I said with most of my laughter gone.

Another group exposed them self's, 59, 60, 61. A soldier ran out of cover, 62. I ran to another piece of cover shooting, 63. Another pile of AT-4's! I grabbed one and fired, 69. I grabbed another and fired, 72. I grabbed another and slang it over my shoulder.

I got myself on some cat walks over some soldiers, 75.
I started running to the other side as they all started shooting me.
I made it to cover and started shooting back, 77.
I checked my ammo, one shot in the chamber left. I see a guy, bang! Made it count, 78.

I tossed away the rifle and armed my handgun. A soldier tried to grab me over the cover, I grabbed him throwing him over me, bang! 79. I see two more run at me thinking I'm distracted, 81.

I spotted another group of soldiers, I fired the AT-4, 84. I walk over to where the last soldiers died. One was cowering in the corner, he looked at me with fear in his eyes, I aimed and pulled the trigger, 85.


I continued forward to see a large door.
I open it to see a light room with bunk beds. I started walking through making sure I wouldn't be attacked.
Its strange, there’s nothing here identifying who these soldiers are.
I walked to another door to see a small cage, and the scent of gasoline. I hear crying in the cage, I walk over to see a filly.
“Hey there, are you alright?” I asked making sure to sound nice.
The filly looked up at me, She was orange, with blue mane and eyes. I open the door to check on the little girl.
She looked at me in fear, but I put my hand on her head and smiled.
“I'm going to get you out of here.” I said nicely, she smiled and got up to follow me.

A click from her leg announces a trap, I look over to see a small flame falling to the ground. The gasoline!
I grabbed the filly and began running for an exit. Flames began bursting behind me, as I desperately ran for an exit.
I found a small hole in the roof with sunlight shinning through, but only one of us could fit through a time and the flames where gaining. Fast.
I grab the filly and push her to the hole as she climbed her way out. I look to see the flames and brace for my death. I feel the fire engulf me.

"Is this it?"


As soon as the pain of fire trapped me, it was gone. I open my eyes to see nothing, just white.
“What is... going on?”
“You made us proud!” I hear a soft women voice, I turn around to see a stork.
“What?”
“He sure has!” I hear a low tone male voice. I look to see a human shape in a black robes.
“You're from the library!?” I said in anger.
“There is no need to get mad, were only helping you.” I turn around to look at the stork but see the black robed man standing there too.

“Who are you!?” I said grabbing my knife cents its the only weapon I have on my person.
“I am Death” the black robed said.
“I am Life” the stork said next.
I'm stunned, I rely am talking to Life and Death themselves.

“What just happened?” I asked letting my guard down.
“A test.” said Life.
“The trail Celastia was talking about?” I said trying desperately to under stand whats going on.
“Wait what about the little filly?” I yelled out.
“She never existed.” Death quickly replied.
“Okay then. What the Fuck is going on!?” I said in anger.
“You where tested for the two things you need to succeed in the future.” Life said quickly after my out burst.
“What was that?” I said trying to calm down.

“You're ablates of a Reaper, you're skills in dealing death to those who deserve you're wrath.” Death said coldly.
“But also throwing away you're life to save a life that doesn't matter in you're quest.” Life said.
“What..?”
“Just now you proved to use you will use evil to defeat evil, but use good to protect the good.” Life said.
"This is the reason you are in this world, because only a person with control of both sides of the coin can defeat him, Shadow Death.”
Pure rage filled me up at that beings name as Death speak.

“So that was Celastia's little warning?” I said laughing a little. “So none of that happened?” I said with a smile.
“Correct, this is all in you're mind.” Death said in a smirk tone.
“But the next time it will be real, and you must remember why you are here.” Said Life.
I smiled “So what now?” I said trying to get myself back into reality.
“I curse you!” Death said smirk at me.
“What!?” I see my knife fly towards him, he grabs the blade, with... A hand of bone. I then see black aura appear around the blade as he throws it back at me.

I easily catch it and inspect the aura that now surrounds my knife.
“I cursed you're blade, not only does it cut through any metal, but it can now destroy any magic in you're path.”
I look back at death and smiled. “Go back to reality, destroy Shadow Death, stop him from destroying light, and life.” They said at the same time.

Every thing goes black. I can start feeling a cool breeze. I open my eyes to see myself in the stone wall room. The door opens as I got up. “Hello there Celastia.” I said smiling.
“How was it meeting my friends?” She said smiling back.
“It was fun!” I couldn't help but laugh after sitting there for a moment.


I walked out of the room with Celastia. “Jack!” Twilight busted out running to me.
“What, did I do something wrong?” I said smiling, she looked at me with a annoyed smile, I then have a book land on my head.
I got down as she smiled with joy of me being safe, she then hugged me and I happily returned the hug.
After getting all my gear packed up, we started searching the library for any thing we could use.
About 2 hours in the search, AppleJack, Pinke Pie, and Rainbow Dash fell asleep.

Fluttershy was reading a book, that I can tell had nothing to do with the subject at hand. Rarity was looking at herself in a mirror. Twilight, has gone through about 200 books now. My self about 300.
“I found something!” Twilight yelled out of no where.
I ran over there quickly to look at the book she found. “This book explains a spell that can create a shadow of you're self and send it any where in the world to spy on some one, but if this shadow is harmed you will be harmed also, and it also cannot disappear unless nothing is watching it!” She explained excitedly.
“So that wasn't exactly him, but we definitely know I harmed him, but... Make a shadow of you're self, it doesn't say what that shadow can look like. For all we know he could be a dragon.” I said making sure every detail is looked at.
“Well lets look for any thing else.” Twilight said continuing her search, as I put put all of this books information in my SPCC.


We continued to searched another 4 hours. Every one else fell asleep except Twilight, but lust for rest was clearly in her eyes. “Twilight get some sleep, we have time for a quick nap.” I said trying to get her to calm down.
She looked at me, determine to find every detail this library can have on are target.
“Sleep can wait.” She said tired.
“Twilight.” I walked up to her and look at her straight in the eyes. “I'm not asking Twilight, I'm giving an order.” I said making sure she got my point.
She frowned and quickly looked back at me smiling with gratitude, she walked over to a large chair and made herself comfy to sleep. I laid down on a couch on the other side of the room, I look back at Twilight to see her already sound asleep. I closed my eyes and joined her in rest.


I relay met Life, and Death. This conflict with Shadow Death is going to become a lot more deadly now.


I wake up to see a couple of guards walking by, probably checking on us. I sighed, Twilight is already back to searching. I got up to stretch, this is when apparently one of the maids of the castle came.
“Miss Twilight, can I get you and you're friends breakfast?” The maid asked after getting her attention.
“Yes please!” Twilight quickly replied, the maid nodded and I went to my pack to see if I had a certain something.
Twilight looked at me and smiled, “Good morning!”
“Morning Twi.” I said starting to search my pack.

“What are you looking for?” She asked still smiling.
“These!” I pulled out a box of maroon and a lighter. I pulled one out and put it in my mouth, Twilight looked at me annoyed.
“You smoke?” she said.
“If you're wondering, no it not tobacco.” I said quickly, Now she looks at me like I'm lying. “Its called maroon.” I said lighting it. “Its a chemical stick filled with vitamins, its meant to help the body recover after anything.” I said smiling.
“Then why do you smoke it?” She said looking at me more and more annoyed.
“Its organelle intent was to help people quit.” I said trying to get to her, she lifted her head and began smelling the air.
“It smell like cherry’s!” she yelled surprised.
“Oh, just look on the label!” I said tossing the pack, she cached it with her magic and pulled to her so she can read it.

She looked back at me. “Is this stuff addicting?” She said with a blank face.
“Yes, but only if you use it to much. The label does say, use once per day only.”
She used her magic to give me the maroon back and and I tossed it into my pack.
“There’s one problem though, it doesn't last.” I said putting the butt of the maroon in a trash can.


After an hour of searching books again, the others began to wake. The maid walked in and told us to go to the dinning room for breakfast, I had to force Twilight out of the library because she was out of reality again.
We got to the dinning room to see a royal breakfast for us, we all took are seats, and started to enjoy the meal.
Soon Rainbow Dash brought up what happen yesterday.
“So Jack, how where you able to boss around the guards like that?” I had to look away and take a sip of my drink.
“There's reasons.” I said.
“What happened down there Jack?” Spike asked cutting of Rainbow, I stood up and walked out.

I found a balcony and started recapping last night.
“Jack, you okay?” Twilight asked walking out onto the balcony with me.
“I'm fine... Its just...” I tried to explain but Twilight already knew.
“You... Had to kill again?” She said after a moment.
“Ya.” I told her the story of meeting Life and Death.

She didn't have an expression.
“You use evil to defeat evil, but use good to protect good.” She said after a moment.
“I don't know if I should be a scared of you're evil, or love you for the good.”
“Twilight... I don't know either, but I'm going to purge this world of evil from my world.” She looked back at me and smiled.
“I'm not an evil person, but from using evil to protect the good, I have been tainted by it.” She looked at me thinking.
“You must accept what I will do.”
“But... I don't want to except that truth, but I will.” She said looking back at me with sorrow, but with a smile.
“Lets go back inside, I made up a story to cover up what rely happened.” I said, walking back inside with Twilight.


“Jack?” Twilight asked half way back. “I want you to tell them the truth.”
I looked at her. “You sure?!”
“Yea, they should know what you are.” I just nodded.
We walked back into a social room next to the library, I sat down with Twilight next to me. We explained every thing that I was.

They all had sorrow in there eyes, now knowing what I am. Pinkie got up and walked to Twilight.
“Is all that rely true?” She said to Twilight, I couldn't look at any of them, I began to feel myself cry.
“How... Can we know you're not evil?” Rainbow said.
“I don't know... I honestly feel like I am evil.”
After a moment, Pinkie ran right next to me giving me a hug.
“Pinkie?” I said in sorrow and confusion.
“You're not evil Jack. You're a kind and gentle heart pony, sure you do bad things, but you only do that to protect the innocent because no one else will. I can tell you never wanted to be what you are now, but please protect my world from this evil!”
I can start to feel a tear from Pinkie. I look up to see Twilight smiling at me with sorrow.
I smiled back in relief.

“Well then girls.” AppleJack said to get all of are attention, we all look to see her smiling.
“It’ll be are job to make sure Jack stays a good guy then!”
After a moment every one nodded and looked back at me.
“Thank you.” I said under my breath, Pinkie started hugging me again along with Twilight, I could then feel Rainbow pat me on the back.
With some time I calmed down and went back to the library.
“Alright. Back to the search!” I said as we split up to look for anything, again.
But this time it wasn't just me and Twilight, but every one else started looking as well.


About 2 hours past when we began to talk, they would ask questions of my world. Like how we do work, research, are inventions, wildlife. Any thing that they where interested in. Fluttershy's questions revolved around nature of my world, AppleJack, how you would work and delicacy, Rarity was fashion, of course. Pinkie Pie was about parties, Rainbow Dash asked mostly how we would race on earth, and Twilight asked about technology.
Another 4 hours past with questions of my world answered.
We all went to one of the restaurants Celastia told us to go, sense she was treating.

We sat at are table with laughter and I started messing with my SPCC.
“Rainbow, come here!” I said smiling, she dashed over to me and I pointed at my SPCC screen.
“This is what a NASCAR looks like.” She looked closer amazed that I can show an image of the car.
I began scrolling through images of motor vehicles, Formula 1s, racing bikes, rally cars. She was so interested.
“I want to see one of these in action!” She yelled out with excitement.
“So what can i get you ponies this fine day?” The waiter came up, AppleJack, Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, then Twilight ordered.
“What can I get you sir?” The waiter looked at me. I had no idea what was edible for me.
“Another order of what I got!” Twilight said laughing.
“Okay then, oh by the way, most guys help the girls order.” I looked at her and gave a dorky smile, she giggled.
“Alright, that will be out soon!” The waiter said walking away.
We laughed as now Twilight was looking at the images with me and Rainbow.
After looking through images, I looked at Rainbow exited to see racing in my world. I feel a tap on my wrist to look down and see my past.

Twilight started a video of me and my past away friends out to go see a NASCAR race. I quickly turned it off, not wanting to think about thous days.
“That was one of you're friends wasn't it?” She said with some sorrow. I had to wipe away a tear.
“He was.” Every one else looked at me confused, we didn't tell them about that day.
“You alright Jack.” Rarity said.
“I'm fine, just memories came back to me.”

After a moment are food came out, with some time of the wounder full meal, are spirits raised back up. Apparently this was a black cod sandwich, and man was it good. Rainbow kept asking questions about racing, I don't blame her, this is Rainbow Dash.
“I have an idea.” I said under my breath, Rainbow heard me and was hoping she knew what I was thinking.
“I need to talk to Celastia later!” I said smiling, every one else was questioning what my idea was.
We enjoyed lunch like any other group of friends would, Twilight paid with the letter from Celastia, and we left after I gave the waiter a tip.

We walked back to the library to continue with are spirits refreshed.
When we got back Celastia was there. “Hey there you're majesty!” I said smiling. “I got something to talk with you.”
She nodded as me and her left the room. Once we where out of sight, I gave her the idea about bringing a car to this world. She didn't like the idea at first, but that was to be expected.
I told her how use full a car would be to my mission.
“I will think on this idea.” She said smiling.
“that's all I'm asking!” I said smiling back.

She left and I went back into the library to join in the search. Twilight was already looking through books again when Pinkie Pie dashed to me.
“What was that idea!?” she yelled out.
“If Celastia agree on it, then it'll surprise you!” I said laughing.
“Oh come on!” She said dorky like.


Another two hours past when Rainbow left to go get some exercise, Pinkie did the opposite, she took a nap. Fluttershy found a book about wildlife care, and Rarity and Spike wanted to walk around town a little. Me, AppleJack, and Twilight kept the search going.
After a little while longer I had to exercise. I got on top of a bookshelf holding my self up with my arms.
“What are you doing!?” Twilight yelled out right when she noticed me.
“Exercising.” I replied holding my body still.
“That's a weird way.” AppleJack added.
“Well I am weird!” I said chuckling a little bit.
After a minute of not moving I pushed myself off doing a front flip landing perfectly.
“Alright back to work.” I said returning to my seat.


It was now 6:30pm, about 3 thousand books where searched, with nothing as a result. I leaned back in the chair the putting my feet on the table, burring my face into the palm of my hands.
“Alright! I need to shoot something!” I said loudly, every one looked at me scared.
“No I will NOT, kill any thing. I'm going to go see if there's some trash I can explode.”
I walked out with Rainbow following me. “Going to make sure I shoot vases?”
“Yep” was her replay.
I went to the back of the castle where destroyed objects and trash was thrown.
I started placing random objects in front of the hill, making sure these object where the only thing to be shot.
I loaded my gun and took aim.

Bang, a vase exploded, Rainbow flinched at the loud bang of the gun. That's when AppleJack, Twilight and Luna ran out in panic. I shot another vase exploding this one even more.
“What are you doing!?” Luna yelled.
“Blowing of steam!” I said back, shooting a watermelon.
I can tell AppleJack got hit with it when she started to shake herself.
“So that's a gun.” Luna said after I shot the melon.
“I thought that thing was meant to kill.” Twilight said.
“A gun is only a tool, its the person who kills. Unless you have morals about cracked vases and watermelons, this is completely OK.” I said taking aim and shooting another watermelon.
I then grabbed an apple at my feet, I tossed it into the air, right when I aimed at it, I fired making it explode in mid air.
“Alright, I had my fun.” I unarmed the gun and started walking back inside with the others.I can tell the bangs did a number on their ears as they all would randomly flinch.

We sat back down and I got my firearm cleaning kit, Twilight started searching again, and Pinkie Pie watched me as I cleaned my rifle. I told her not to ask questions about what I'm doing, this device needs to be kept as secrete as possible.

After getting the Rifle cleaned the chef told use they prepared dinner. We went to the table to see Celastia and Luna at the table.
“Hello friends, how are you doing tonight.” Celastia said smiling.
We said hello and told her the search is fruitless right now.
“You will find something, but now enjoy this meal from my friend.” Celastia said smiling t at the head chef on the other side of the room, he then bowed his head in respect to the princess.

A moment later they brought out the meal. It was definitely royal food.
After a while Celastia got my attention.
“So Jack, what would the name of that device be.” I looked at her and smiled.
“Witch one should I choose. Oh, a Lamborghini Veneno is what I have in mind.”
I couldn't help but feel joy that she was considering my idea. She nodded, and that subject ended there. Twilight looked at me questioning what are little conversation was about. I smiled at her which only raised her suspicion more.


After the meal, it was back to the library. Rainbow Dash flat out couldn’t stand being there any more and went out in the town along with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. Rarity had an idea of a dress and started to draw it down on paper. AppleJack and Spike dozed of leaving me and Twilight to start searching again.
After another hour the effect of doing a simple thing like this was starting to annoy me.
“Gah!” I said starting to tap on my SPCC.
“What?” Twilight looked at me stunned with my random out burst.
“Music, need music!” I quickly replied.
The music started playing loud, I told it to be random with heavy metal songs, and Three Days Grace came on with Time of Dying. I put my chin on the table as Twilight looked at me.
“That's... Rely different music.” She said unsure of it even being music.
“Its heavy metal, a style of music popular in my world.” I said lifting my head up, calming down.


Another hour passed with my music playing and us still searching, I look at Twilight to see her smiling, and moving her head to the song.
“Interesting style of music, isn't it Twilight.” I asked.She looked at me a little stun that I realized she liked the music.
“yea, its... Nice to listen to.” She stumbled a little.
A little later “Nickle Back's Diggin' this” came on, after it was done.
“I like that one!” AppleJack yelled out as the next song started. I smiled a little.
Some time later the song I was hoping wouldn't play, played. Porn Star Dancing.
After the song was done AppleJack, Rarity, and Twilight gave me a dirty look.
“What!? My Darkest Days is a good band!” I said laughing.
AppleJack chuckled, but Twilight and Rarity continued.
“I set it to random I don't know what will be played!” I continued to laugh, they smiled a little at how silly I was acting and went back to what they where doing.


After 2 hours continuing, the other three came back. Pinkie brought sweets! I can tell that definitely raised the mood for me and Twilight. Some more time passed and one of the maids told us they prepared rooms for us tonight.
It started to go bad when Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, AppleJack and Rarity announced they needed to go home tomorrow. No one can blame them, they stayed here to help me and Twilight for 3 days now.
We all agreed to go home after breakfast tomorrow. Twilight didn't like that idea, but, they still have a normal life to live, even Twilight.
Another hour of searching went by when we started to say good night to each other. The 5 ponies and Spike went to there rooms, but me and Twilight continued, 100 books where left in are unread pile. 1 hour later, they where put into the read pile. NOTHING AT ALL!

Twilight screamed in anger that every book in the library was searched.
“Damn it!” I yelled hitting the table hard leaving a dent in it.
“What do we do now?” Twilight said trying to get her anger under control.
After a moment of silent I notice a black aura around my pack.
“Do you see that!?” Twilight yelled.
“I've seen that before!” I yelled back running to the pack and pulling my knife out.
Twilight walked over stunned by the magic aura around my weapon. I pulled the knife out of the holster seeing the black aura surround the blade.
“What do you want Death?” I said knowing he was here.
Twilight gasped. “You rely did meet...” She said only to be interrupted by a black string between the main door and the tip of my blade. I stood up and followed the string with Twilight right behind me.

We followed the black string into a restricted zone of the library. Soon we where lead to a door, easily noticeable was the magic that sealed it closed.
“Jack this is Celastia's private laboratory, why would that magic bring us here?” She said unsure of what was going on.
“Answers!” I said, I stabbed the blade between the door and rim of the wall.
I can see the yellow magic aura disappear as I cut open the door.
“Jack! Stop!” Twilight yelled at me under her voice.

I easily open the door with the dark magic and the strength of the knife. I walked in with the black string showing me to a desk in the center of the room.
“JACK!” Twilight yelled at me again.
I got to the desk seeing the black string lead to a small note book. I set the knife down on the desk and opened the note book.
“Jack!” Twilight yelled out again with fear in her voice.
I turned around to see Celastia in the doorway.


Jack looked at Celastia, with anger I've never seen before. He pulled his gun out and pointed it at Celastia.
“Jack!?” I yelled with pure fear in my voice.
“How did you get through my spell.” Celastia asked being calm, Jack grabbed the knife on the desk holding it up as black aura surrounded it.
“So Death did gave you some of his powers.”
“You should have told me!” Jack yelled in rage.
“I know!”
“Then why the fuck didn't you!?” Jack yelled back.
“Because I'm afraid!” Celastia yelled back.
“I know exactly what you do, I know how evil you can be, I know how much you hate that man!” Celastia began to shed tears.
“I'm sorry Jack. I know what I did, and I beg of you to fix my mistake!”
“I don't except you're apologize Celastia. But...” Jack said as he began to cry with rage.
“I will make that bastard pay! Like I did before!” It went silent for a moment as Jack holstered his weapons.

He quickly spun around to the desk, kicking it to the other side of the room, shattering anything that was in its path.
“Please, Jack. Do anything you need to do to protect this world!” Celastia said walking out of the room.
“You stupid bitch.” Jack said under his breath as Celastia left the room.
After a moment of silence Jack walked out of the room, but handed me the note book as he walked out. I then walked to the center of the room and opened the book.


Me and Luna agreed to attempt the plan. I started to make perpetration’s, correct ingredients, and spells. Mine and Luna's plan was to give life back to a person from earth and change him from being evil to good. In a attempt to help life on earth.

I found the right person, a terrorist named “Hayden Osvaldo.” What he did was the most evil thing a being could do.

The next day me and Luna used are knowledge to bring him to life in are world. And attempt to make him good.

But it was a complete failure, instead of a human, A pitch black aura was summoned instead. It was definitely Osvaldo, but the evil he was made him darkness itself. We tried to reason with him. Telling him where he was, and are goal. But he laughed at us, His words where this, “This world is so peaceful, I can tell. But also weak! I think I might have fun ripping it apart. And I think I'll start with you!”

After Osvaldo's attempt on are lives, he easily escaped into the world. Luna began searching for him, while I looked for a solution.

I can only find one solution. Killing Osvaldo, I started searching for the person that killed him in earth. He was only known by one name, Jack.

Me and Luna began to come up with a plan on how to get Jack here to help. Luna had the idea of having Twilight summon him and try to get him comfortable in this world, then tell him of what is going on. I agreed to that plan, and gave my student the task.

I only hope Jack doesn't turn as evil as Osvaldo did.


I couldn't help but scream at this. “What the fuck!?”
I stood there for hours trying to understand everything about this. I know the princess's wanted to turn a evil man good to help there world. But why did Jack kill Osvaldo, what did he do? That's the only part that doesn't make sense. I walked around the castle to find either of the two princess's or Jack. And I finally found Jack sitting in the gardens. I walked over to notice him shivering. I sat down next to him, he wouldn't move. I put my head on his shoulder, he felt completely cold.


I fell asleep on his shoulder that night, but to wake up in my old room back when I lived in Canterlot. I got ready to leave and to see my friends at the breakfast table. When I got there only Spike and my 5 friends where there.
“Wheres Jack?” I asked after walking in.
“Hes okay sugar cube. He just needs some time alone.
I ate breakfast worrying about Jack. As we finished guards where walking by the entrance to the dinning room, I ran over there to ask about Jack, only to see them covered in bandages over fresh wounds.

“What happen to you!?” I yelled out as I got close to them.
“That human, wanted to see how good we are. So he joined are practice and eventually he said, what if I tried to kill Celastia! We took the challenge and 13 of use attacked him.” One of the guards said.
“Only for all of us to be bashed away injured in the matter of 10 seconds!” The other guard said in pain.
“I don't know what that human has been through, but I never want to face him in a actual battle.” The other said with some fear in his voice.
“You guys take care, alright?” I said as I started to run for the training room.


Before I walked in the room, an intense scent of sweat and blood quickly filled my nose. I walked in to see a guard standing next to Jack dazed, Jack then turned around kicking the stallion across the room into a wall.
“If this was an actual battle, Celastia would be died 3 hours ago with me prancing out of the castle!” Jack yelled as another guard tried to attack him only to be smashed into the floor in two strikes.
I looked around to see more than 80 members of the royal guard covered in bruises, cuts and blood, completely drained of energy. I look over to see Celastia watching Jack.
“Celastia? What is Jack doing?” I asked as I got next to her.
“Trying to make my guards stronger. Cease!” Celastia quickly yelled out as a guard stopped right before attacking Jack, only to have Jack kick him across the room.
“If you're enemy stands before you, do not stop in tel you defeat him or have him surrender!” He looked at Celastia, “What!?” he yelled at her.
“You've beaten my guards enough, I understand that they need more training now.” Celastia stood up and walked out, I then spotted my brother, stunned by the skill Jack possess.


I walked over to my brother to see him bleeding from his chest.
“Shinning Armor are you OK?” I said hoping it wasn't Jack that harmed him, I look back at Jack to see him crouched in the middle of the sparing ring.
He had some blood on his hands, and was only sweating a little.
“Who is this guy?” Shinning Armor said after a moment.
“What do you mean? Wait? No, Jack did not beat all of these guards and you!?” I said with fear of what I know is true.
“I hate to say it Twily but... He rely did beat us all.” I look back at Jack helping the guard he kicked into the wall.
“Hes powerful. I'll be honest Twilight, I'm afraid of what this human is capable of.” Jack walked out of the room as Shinning Armor said this.


“Twilight? How are you with Jack?” Shinning Armor asked with fear in his voice.
“Hes, nothing like what we just witnessed, when I talk to him... hes kind, funny, and loving. But whenever he needs to be a soldier, he turns into somepony else.” I said trying to convince my brother.
“Twily, you need to be careful around him.” My brother said as he lowered his head to my eye level.
“I know... But, at the same time I don't, I see him as a friend, and I feel safe when I'm around him, even after I know what hes capable of.” I couldn’t look at my brother when I was saying this, he put his hoof on my shoulder.
“Take care Twily, I need to get the guards back standing.” He walked away to help the fallen guards, and I left for the train station.

I was there for about an hour when everypony else came along. We got on the train, and was surprise to see Jack already in a cart sleeping.
We made are self’s comfortable for the train ride. I looked at my friends, to see worry in there eyes. They know what Jack did.

Soon after the group of friends got on the train we started to leave the station. I can tell Twilight is thinking on how to start a conversation. Eventually Rainbow walked over to me.
“So did you rely kick around 80 members of the royal guard.” I look up at Rainbow.
“I did.” I calmly said.
“Why?” She quickly asked.
“I wanted to see how good they are.”
“How good are they then?”
“I was disappointed.” Rainbow kept a straight face after.

“Jack?” Twilight said walking up.
“Yes, Twilight?” I said looking at Twilight to see uncertainty in her eyes.
“How where you able to beat all of them and barley break a sweat?” She said as she stood next to me.
“you should already know the answer.” I replied back, she nodded and walked away with Rainbow fallowing her.
The rest of the train ride for me was silent, I can tell the group of 6 are questioning my abilities now.


Once we got to Ponyville station, I started to leave the train first trying to go some where quit for a while only to be stalled by Pinkie Pie.
“Bye Jack!” She yelled out happily, I turned around and waved continuing where I was going.
I went to the edge of the Ever-Free Forest and simply started to think. How was I going to find Osvaldo, how would I kill him, how do I protect everyone from him.
“Hello Death.” I look around to see the being I knew was there.
“Not many beings can sense my presence at the moment I appear.” He said in his dark tone.
“I'm not like most beings.” I said standing up.
“That's right, technically speaking, you're what the humans would call, cyborg.” Death said with some smirk in his tone, I nodded.
“So you where the one that showed me to that notebook?” I said pulling out the knife.

“Of course, I wasn't going to have Celastia keep that secrete from you.” He said still being smirk.
“I was also wondering, you and Life are the opposite of each other, why help me stop this darkness.” After a moment of my question he finally speak.
“Because I rule earth, Life rules Equestria, Dark and Light. Two sides of the coin.”
“You're saying you can't survive without the opposite.”
“That and Life believes I gave Celastia the idea of trying to turn that human, so Life thinks I'm trying to take over her world.”
“This would start a war between you, and eventually the two worlds.”
“With earth being victories, and light being destroyed. And without light, darkness would turn to nothing.”
“Ending every thing that existed.” I stood there knowing that now everything ever known hangs in the balance of my mission.
“I thought killing Osvaldo before had a lot in risk of destruction.” I said chuckling a little.

“You must use the evil from our world to destroy Osvaldo, but adopt the light that exist in this world not to turn evil.” Death said with hate purely in his voice.
I looked away for a moment, and look back to see he was gone.
“If never failed a mission before, I wont start now!” I began walking back to Twilight's place and try to get back on everyone's good side. After learning major details from Death I felt ready for what ever Osvaldo can throw, and surprisingly my anger was gone.

In the walk back I realized why I felt good at the news Death told. Its simple. “I have a purpose to be in this world!” Back on earth I felt expendable, I didn't mean any thing. But here I feel like I'm truly fighting to protect something. Something that actually matters.


I got to Twilight’s house and open the door, she was pacing around the center table. She continued tell I announced my prescience.
“You're going to leave an indent in the floor if you keep doing that.” I said laughing a little.
She quickly looked at me surprised. “Are you OK!?” She blurted out, clearly with concern in her voice.
“I'm fine Twilight, I just needed some time to think.” I said walking in and closing the door behind me.
She sighed a little but her shoulders where still tense.

“Come on Twilight, lets walk around town.” I said opening the door again, she nodded and followed me out.
“Where did you go after you left the train station.” Twilight asked after we walked around for a moment.
“I went to the edge of the Ever-Free Forest.” I said staying completely calm.
“Why?” She said with the concern still there.
“To think.” She looked away. We stayed silent for a moment tell Fluttershy walked up to us in the market.

“Hello Twilight, hello Jack.” She said keeping her voice low, but with no fear in it.
“Hello Fluttershy.” I said smiling.
“How are you Jack?” Fluttershy asked smiling.
“A lot better then yesterday.” I replied continuing with my smile.
“Oh that's good, how are you Twilight?” Twilight looked up trying to smile.
“I'm good!” She replied, with uncertainty in her voice. Me and Fluttershy looked at each other, we both new what was picking at Twilight.
“I was wondering, if you can come help me take care of the animals again?” Fluttershy said after we both looked back at Twilight. Some joy came to Twilight's eyes and she smiled.
“We'd love to Fluttershy!” Twilight said with actual joy in her voice.

We went to Fluttershy's cottage and helped take care of the animals again. Twilight was quickly cheered back up, after 3 hours there. We left with Fluttershy thanking us. Twilight went back home to search the library again and I went to AppleJack's farm to do some work. When I got there AppleJack was joyed to see me in a good mood, and put me to work on the fields. After 7 hours of labor AppleJack paid me and I went on my way home.

I got back to Twilight's to see her and Spike setting up dinner.
“Hello Jack, go wash up!” Twilight said after she noticed me. And I did, showered off the days work and went to the table.
“So what did you go do Jack?” Spike said after we started to eat.
“I went and did some work on Sweet Apple Acres.” I said after finishing off a bite.
“How much you make?” Spike asked with a mouth full.
“Spike.” Twilight quickly snapped.
“Oh, I guess that was rude of me to ask?”
“I made 86 pits.” I said not minding his question.


We finished dinner and cleaned up, I decided to go to bed early. I said goodnight and hit the hay.
“I haven’t done any thing for fun. I should be enjoying this new world... But Osvaldo is to high of a threat, and he should be recovered enough to strike again. What will he do, massive attack? Or some kind of hit man shit?” I decided not to sleep, but re-look at every thing I knew of him, and all my SPCC had on him. After 2 hours, nothing I didn't already know. After laying there I fell asleep instantly.

What is Osvaldo going to do!?

Comments ( 1 )

please continue:moustache:

Login or register to comment