• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 1,588 Views, 38 Comments

Manhattan Ballad - ObCom



HUMAN Vinyl and Octavia fight through a collapsing world

  • ...
2
 38
 1,588

Author's Note 3

So here we are at the end of the fic and I have no idea what to say. I will say that I'm writing this in this format so that I don't pad the final chapter with words that have no bearing on the fic.

I started this a while back, obviously, and I figure I might as well give some thanks and such for the things that influenced me. To begin with, none of this would have happened without this right here:

That's where I got the name Bass Leader and, as I drove through the boring Ohio countryside listening to that mix, thought about Vinyl and Tavi together. The first thoughts I had were of Vinyl dragging Tavi across some skyline while soldiers attacked them. One thing led to another and I started writing this piece up.

The fic itself has gone through many changes that you all would never have known about if I wasn't writing this. The biggest example is part of the ending. It was originally going to be about a raid on the apartment, Vinyl shooting some soldiers, and a high speed chase through the city to where Bass Leader was. Bass Leader would then take Tavi into a helicopter and order Vinyl to be executed. Vinyl would take out her executioner and Bass Leader's helicopter would be taken out of the air by a missile because he was in a no fly zone. Vinyl would then haul Tavi out of the wreckage and get her augmented.

Yeah, you don't have to point out the glaring holes in that plan. I'm glad I changed it too.

Speaking of this ending, it came out a lot less action oriented than I wanted it to be. That's because I suck at action scenes. Hopefully I can fix it, but that's what fanfics are to me. They're just practice.

Now if you're reading this, you can probably see how the ending is open for a sequel. When will that come around? Well, if you're reading this at a much later date, the sequel could be started already! As of the time I'm typing this, however, I don't even know what the title will be! That kind of sucks, I know, and I'm not even sure if I'll get around to writing it. School can be a real drain, as you might be aware.

As for thanks and such, this is going to be fricking short. I have no pre-readers to thank, so blame me entirely for any and all fuck-ups found in the fic. I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to anyone who favorited this story and stuck with it to the end. You all made me feel like I wasn't just talking to myself and it's always nice to see my work be noticed.

I guess that's it. It might be a while before I visit this crazy little world I created, but I look forward to seeing you all in the sequel, if and when it's written. Peace.

Comments ( 11 )

loved it, thanks for writing.

Honestly the best humanized fic I've read and one of the best Octy Vinyl fics that I've read. Glad I found it!:pinkiehappy:

1123621 1123207

Can't say I was expecting any sorts of response for this, but when I saw these comments I very nearly teared up. Thanks so, so much for reading this fic til the end. There aren't enough little hearts, but have these anyway :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::twilightsmile:

i very much enjoyed this fic i cant to see the sequel

I have to agree very closely with Blank Flank, this is the second best Humanized fic that I've read.
Which is saying a lot as the only one ahead of it was a very long time in the making, had pre/proof readers both and happened to hit me in the feels hard due to memories pulled up by it.

All in all, really would like to see a sequel and very good fic!

1124730
Darn you guys making me feel all warm and wuzzy inside with your kind words. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1125571
Thanks for reading this through to the end, man. I feel honored to rank so highly on your list of Humanized fics, but now I'm curious to know what your number 1 is. I bet it's great! :heart::heart::heart:

1126452
Yay! Sequels!
...Until this comment, I had no idea it was complete. I still find it awkward to think about Vinyl and Octavia making love with all those augments everywhere.

1126552
If I could remember the title or the author I would tell you, I can remember everything else related to that story too!

Well, that was one fun ride.

1832214
I'm positive that anything with Vin Diesel is automatically better than anything I could ever write. :ajsmug:

This would look amazing as an anime.

Login or register to comment