• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 3,431 Views, 118 Comments

A Cybernetic Life - AxtontheMechanist



A robot, more specifically, a robot with a rather sarcastic sense of humor ends up in Equestria after a rather unfortunate incident at the test facility he resides in. What will this new land offer him? Will he live prosperously? Probably not.

  • ...
34
 118
 3,431

King of The Hill

Trixie and I sat facing The Constable in the briefing room as the night began once more. Trixie, although looking a little nervous, had kept her cool and sat looking at me and The Constable, waiting for any type of interaction.

After around five minutes of silence, The Constable piped up, making sure he has our attention before speaking.

“Alright, kiddos, here’s the plan. The Kingpin’s gonna be staying in a hotel two klicks from here, a fancy smanshy place called ‘The King’s Eye’. Of course, he owns the whole joint, meaning that security will be way-up for their boss’s visit.

However, one area of the hotel is always left unguarded- the staff entrance. If you can sneak in through there and climb the stairs to the Penthouse Suite and arrest Kingpin, then we can get some info from him about that bastard slave trade he’s running, maybe even shut the thing down. Whatever you may need is on the table over there.” He gestured to a table on the far side of the room which had a few weapons on it, along with some handcuffs. “Any questions?”

I looked at Trixie, then back at The Constable before replying “Do we have permission to kill in dire consequences?” I looked at him very seriously, wanting an answer.

He looked me dead in the eye “Yes, you have permission to kill, but please use it as a last resort. We don’t want too many casualties, so keep it to a minimum. Any more questions?” He asked, seeming slightly happier.

“Just one more” I stood and activated my stealth and disguises drive, sunglasses and suit coming into clear view “Mr Anderson” I smirked “Surprised to see me?” Even I had to admit, my Agent Smith impression was flawless. Then again, being a multi-million dollar robot kind of helps.

They both looked at me in confusion as my jaw dropped. ‘They hadn't seen The Matrix series?! What madness is this?!
Shaking my head, I walked over to the table containing the weapons to see what we had; a few pistols, three stun grenades and a taser, alongside ammo and handcuffs to boot.

“Alright, let’s do this.” I nodded, throwing Trixie two pistols and a pair of handcuffs, along with some ammo.


Meanwhile, in the Kingpin’s Hotel Suite...

“Sir!” A goon exclaimed, running in “We got some bad news!” He stood there, catching his breath.

“Well? What is it, Minion No.456?” Kingpin turned in his chair, eyeing one of his many minions with disgust; why couldn’t they be better dressed?

“Rumor from one our moles in the police system, is that some sorta robot and his lady friend are heading here to come get us! He’s got all sorts o’ technology on him! Much more than ours, boss!” The goon blathered, nearly tripping over his words.
Kingpin stood, walking over to the large window that overlooks Manehatten, sighing angrily, before he turned and looks at the goon, smiling evilly.

“Good. Let him come; we can trap him here, kill him and this bitch of his off. Maybe even salvage some parts from the walking scrapheap.” He laughed, a booming laugh that seemed to shake the room and scare those living on the lower floors out of their minds.


Back on the streets of Manehatten, nearby ‘The King’s Eye’...


Trixie and I walked through the streets, nearing the hotel where we were going to confront Kingpin. Trixie seemed annoyed for some reason, and asked, “Is that disguise really necessary?” her snarky tone in full use.

I looked across at her, raising an eyebrow and lowering my sunglasses a little and speaking sarcastically “Miss Lulamoon, you disappoint me. I need this disguise so I am not noticed by the guards. Capiche?” I readjusted my sunglasses, dusting off my sleeves.

She simply rolled her eyes, muttering about ‘nerds’ before we reached the staff entrance, where I used a lockpicking tool in my right index finger to unlock the door. We sneaked inside, silent as mice; it would be rather suspicious for someone to be spotted using a staff entrance after hours.

As we snuck out into the corridor of the hotel and walked towards the elevator, my AI core had the rather bizarre decision to play mission impossible inside my head, the cheesy tune making this mission seem terribly corny.

We reached the elevator, and the doors hissed and closed, lighting up two floors; the 20th floor and the Penthouse Suite floor. Why would the twentieth floor be in use at this hour? Apart from cleaning staff going in and out, there was really no point.

“Trixie, ready those pistols, we may have company” I nodded to Trixie, arming my now concealed ion cannon to stun mode, a spider waiting for its prey. She looked at me, listening, then nodded, pulling two pistols out and aiming them at the door.

“Trixie is ready.” She said, her eyes looking at the door with deadly accuracy. Damn, I had to admit, she looked hot dressed in black sneaking garb. Moving on.

The door to the elevator pinged open, revealing two women... wait, a minute! Octavia and Vinyl?! They stood there, dressed in black suits and shades, pistols aiming back at us. Well, Vinyl still wore her trademark purple shades and smirked at us.

“Hey, Trixie! Wassup? This your date or somethin’?” She laughs, putting away her pistols and gesturing to me. Trixie reacted by blushing bright red, while I spluttered indignantly, undoing my disguise in the process.

I finally regained my composure, eager to change the subject “No, we’re just friends. Anyway, what are you two doing here?” I asked, shaking my head and looking at them.

Octavia flipped out a badge as she dusted off her shoulder and laughed lightly. “Oh please, you didn’t think we were just musicians did you? We work for Princess Celestia Solaris’s secret service, and are on a mission to catch the Kingpin. You?” She put the badge away, as did Vinyl, still smirking at her little joke.

“Basically the same thing. Joining us?” Trixie stated, and then holstered her pistols, smiling at them. The two musicians looked at each other, brows raised, before nodding and smiling back at us, stepping in to the elevator.

The door hissed closed once more and the lift began moving up toward the Penthouse Suite. Octavia looked at us, before speaking.

“So, Trixie.” Capturing Trixie’s attention, she asked “Are you and Zero here going to get together anytime soon?” She smirked under her shades, wanting an answer.

“What do you mean?! Trixie is not-“She began to stammer, blushing furiously.

“You make it way too obvious, Trix. Even Tavi saw you eyeing him up back onstage in the hall.” Vinyl laughed, as her blue hair jiggled around a little.

I stood there, not liking the feeling of being ignored “Hey what am I, some sort of next door neighbor?” I asked, indignant.
They all laughed, as Trixie leaned over and muttered to me “We’ll discuss this later” before badly hiding a light pink blush and standing at the door, readying her pistols, while the others did the same.

The door pinged open, as we all aimed our weapons at it, ready for any kind of fight that this supposed ‘Kingpin’ could throw at us. To our surprise, he stood in the middle of a platform, under the raised roof of the Penthouse Suite.

He turned round, showing his face as he spat out a cigar, smirking. He walked backwards, as we followed, running onto the platform, our weapons at the ready and pointing at him.

“Of course. Scrapheap here and his lady friend, along with two accomplices. As if there was ever any doubt that-“He was interrupted by me bitch slapping him round the face.

“No. Bad. That’s Trixie’s line.” I smirked as he stumbled up and away from me, signalling his goons to surround us.
“Sic ‘em.” He grinned at us as his goons began to advance on us, snickering as they outgunned us. Well, they outgunned Trixie, Octavia and Vinyl. Not me.

“I’m gonna give you five seconds to stop what you’re doing and run away, or things are gonna get REAL messy in here” I snarled at them, pissed off. No one was gonna hurt Trixie, or my friends.

“Heh, yeah sure, what you gonna do? Piss oil on us?” One of them laughed, causing another wave of snickers all round. That. Was. It.

I whispered to my comrades so the others couldn’t hear me “Get down. Now.” They nodded as I growled a menacing growl and they jumped to the floor, crouching.

This was when my temper snapped. “Battle mode, activated.” My LED eyes turned a fiery red as my arms snapped into action, dual wield machine ion blasters firing off 167 rounds per second, literally destroying the goons in a fountain of blood, death and gory body parts as I span in a circle, also destroying small pieces of the room in the bursts of deathly plasma that were my ion bullets.

All Trixie, Vinyl and Octavia stood, mouths gaping at my bloody performance, my dance of death. My then red LEDs locked onto Kingpin, before turning blue again.

“Now, unless you want the same fate, come with us. You’re under arrest.” My LEDs narrowed as he quivered in fear.

“Alright, Alright! I’ll come with you... just please don’t hurt me like that.” My eyes flashed red again at his comment as I snapped the cuffs onto him, picking him up and throwing him onto my shoulder.

“You’re just lucky I don’t destroy you within an inch of your life for what you’ve done, Kingpin.” I left it at that as the other followed me out of the building, watching out for any other signs of threat as we walked towards the Guard Station.


Manehatten Guard Station...


We entered in silence, till Trixie spoke up “Constable, we’re back. And we have Kingpin.” She then fell silent as the Constable entered from a door off to the side, coming in with three other Guards, one of the being Gold Guard. They took one look at Kingpin before nodding and taking him off, leaving Gold Guard and The Constable with us.

“Congratulations, all of you. Good to see two Agents of Celestia here with us. I’ll put a word in.” Tavi and Octavia nodded and walked out, smiling to each other, both bound to get some sort of promotion. “And you two.” He grins from ear to ear “Great job! Now we have Kingpin, we can start on shutting down his slave trade. So, how’d it go?” He grinned again at the two of us, then noticing our somber expressions.

“What’s wrong?” He asked worriedly, eyes darting from me to Trixie.

I gulped, my throat cords making small whirring noises before speaking “Sir, I killed around eight goons in a burst of shots, killing them instantly before they could hit the floor.” I looked down in shame. I didn’t want to kill; my AI core, when angered too much, can go unstable; which didn’t end well for those goons.

Gold Guard spoke up “Look, I would’ve done the same if they were threatening me or my friends and comrades too.” He nodded in reassurance to me, making me feel a little better.

The Constable nodded too, understanding my actions “We all kill in our lives, kiddo. Anyway” He passes me and Trixie a large bag of bits “That’s 300 bits each, Kingpin’s bounty.” He nods to us, before beginning to walk off.

“Oh, there’s someone you might like to meet, someone who’s recognized your actions.” He said as a man walked in. The man was rather tall and muscled, armoured in bright golden armor, which twinkled in the light. He took off his helmet, revealing a fairly chiseled face and blue eyes, along with blue and azure streaked hair.

“Meet Captain of the Canterlot Guard, Simon Armory.”

Author's Note:

Boo-yah, criminal snagged! So, what did you think of this chapter? Leave your opinion in the comments below, that would be nice. :D

Also, many thanks to the great Fluttershy Auditore for proof reading this chapter :)

That's all for now, I need some sleep XD

Signing off for now,

Axton