• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 3,431 Views, 118 Comments

A Cybernetic Life - AxtontheMechanist



A robot, more specifically, a robot with a rather sarcastic sense of humor ends up in Equestria after a rather unfortunate incident at the test facility he resides in. What will this new land offer him? Will he live prosperously? Probably not.

  • ...
34
 118
 3,431

'Guards'

As Celestia’s sun rose over the ridges of the towering Gryffonian Mountains, a beacon of Harmony and longevity, those sleeping in Redbeak Manor were woken up by the servants bustling around downstairs, busy at work. Of course, everyone woke up different; Hammerfist awoke with a bit of a yell and as a heavy thump resonated through the house due to his enormous muscle mass slamming painfully to the ground from the height of his bed. Octavia woke up gracefully, stepping over Vinyl who still lay asleep; as to her previous arguments with the woman, it would take a firework to wake the electric-blue haired DJ up. Fenrir woke up silently as usual, the shadows under his eyes unchanged; every day seemed to bring a new challenge and the glint in his eyes showed that. Pipsqueak woke with a mumble after his father, his normally messy brown hair a catastrophe that sat atop his head, like spikes.

Trixie was the only one who was already awake, reading her Book of Spells that she had salvaged from the shipwreck; she kept it in a small pocket realm, making it safe whenever she wanted to keep it so. Celia was already awake, training in the courtyard with a sword at her waist, leathers already adorning her slender body. Fenrir took a look at her and chuckled to himself, a slightly raspy one as he was getting on slightly in his years. After much washing (and shouting for the current person to hurry up in the washroom) and cleaning up, Fred yelled up at the ragtag band of adventurers to come downstairs for breakfast; it was a full Gryffonian breakfast, with hash browns, sausages, bacon, eggs (fried, poached, you name it) and a healthy helping of toast and butter.

The group sat down at a table, Celia walking in and quickly washing before walking down in the average noble gown she frequented when in the house; a white with light blue (possibly cobalt) threading interwoven into an eagle on her back, which had its wings spread in a heroic pose. Servants constantly bustled in and out, cleaning up plate and refilling glasses as the Mayor chatted with Trixie who was the de-facto leader of the group.

Zero lay still on an armour stand, his systems having taken a serious beating from the sea air. His eyes were closed, showing the marble-white reflective plating that covered the rest of his body; while most of him gleamed, the wear and tear on him was evident; small dents and scratches covered his body, mainly on his chest. Small wires still functioned, being insulated, the usual blue glow running through them, up into his head. Whether he was on his way to recovery was yet to be seen, his body as still as the grave itself.



Back in the dining room...



“So, as I was saying” Mayor Beaks looked at his daughter pointedly “You’re looking to go the Capital of our country?” The impressive Griffin-kin leaned back in his chair, pushing his fingers up into a steeple.

Trixie nodded resolutely “We’re on a mission from the pr-“She got interrupted by Hammerfist, who shook his head before mouthing ‘Walls have ears’. Trixie nodded, before hauling the hand from her mouth, spitting out a few hairs.

“I meant to say we’re on a merchant mission from” She looked at Hammerfist for a moment “Prince Blueblood, to bring in armours back to our country. To negotiate a deal, of course.”

Mayor Beaks knew better than to question and simply nodded before mentioning “Of course; we could supply a carriage and horse for a simple negotiation of our own.”

Celia seemed to take interest for a moment, watching her father intently through a small mouthful of seared bacon, her emerald green eyes shimmering in interest for the briefest moment, a few seconds at most.

Hammerfist motioned for him to go on, silent. They hadn’t much money since the shipwreck and didn’t know whether this country had different currency; the possibility was very likely, considering the Griffons were strict with their trade routes.

“My deal is that you protect my daughter on your way to the Capital, allow her to visit it. By doing so, I’ll provide you with a fair amount of money should you keep her safe on her way there.” He nodded with a smile sent in the direction of his daughter. Said daughter grinned at him, flashing a normal but nonetheless dangerous looking amount of teeth, turning to Trixie with the exact same grin.Trixie looked at the others, who nodded; Fenrir was the last to nod, knowing a larger crew could cause more liabilities (or other reasons besides, of course). Trixie turned to Mayor Beaks and nodded.

“We’ll take her and protect her as best as we can, but she’ll need to know how to fight too.” Trixie nodded, eyeing the count levelly with her amethyst gaze; her voice was as calm as a silent breeze on the winds of the oceans.

Mayor Beaks smiled gently in reply to his daughter “Go pack your stuff. Only the essentials, ok?” Celia nodded rapidly and whooshed off on a burst of her wings, leaving a few feathers on her seat. The Mayor chuckled, a sad look in his eyes before turning to Trixie, a stony look on his face.

“Just watch out for the BlackCloaks and Red Hoods, ok? They’re the kind of people you don’t want to see on a dark and stormy night.” His eyes were set, just like the muscles in his jaw “Because if you let her get hurt, I will not hesitate to get each one of you skinned alive. Alright?”

Trixie shifted uncomfortably under his gaze and nodded, silent, much like most of the time she was ever in anyone’s company. Hammerfist looked at her for a moment, noticing her change in mood; she looked back at with a shake of her head, as if to say ‘Don’t ask’.

Celia came back down a few moments later, fully dressed in riding leathers and a brown hood to keep her concealed, looking inconspicuous as she possibly could.

“Ready?” She asked, her smile big enough to split her ears; brilliant white teeth shone through. Fenrir looked away with a dark scowl, his ears burning a healthy crimson.

Octavia nodded to everyone “Of course, we’ll just-“She was quickly interrupted by Vinyl who stood up and half-yelled;
“Alright, everybody! Suit and boot, let’s move it!” She grinned while Octavia sighed dramatically as the adventurers went upstairs to get ready for the long and no doubt dangerous journey ahead of them.

Author's Note:

Hey, Everypony! Another chapter as normal, but things are getting... interesting again as we head into another major story Arc! (The first being Blueblood and the intro).

Many thanks to Fluttershy Auditore for proof reading my work;Again ( :P As he is awesomesauce). However, do feel free to place your comments, views, opinions and strange meme pictures down below! :P And of course do not forget to favorite and like; if you haven't already ;) .

Of course, I do slip up in my writings, so also feel free to place any constructive criticism and mistakes made.

Gears are grinding,

Axton