• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 3,431 Views, 118 Comments

A Cybernetic Life - AxtontheMechanist



A robot, more specifically, a robot with a rather sarcastic sense of humor ends up in Equestria after a rather unfortunate incident at the test facility he resides in. What will this new land offer him? Will he live prosperously? Probably not.

  • ...
34
 118
 3,431

A Royal Welcome

After having ran from the borderline psychotic muffin loving woman, I decided to get to the castle (and to my friends) as soon as possible. I activated my speed boost, as I ran along the rooftops as my metallic feet made short work of the rooftops, and allowed me to get near the castle.

However, I was confronted with a minor problem; the main entrance to the castle was on the other side of the great walls that I was faced with. I looked around for another alternate entrance, my LED eyes scanning meticulously over the great structure, like a teacher’s eyes over a test; bingo. A window, one that was open, stood proudly amongst all the other closed windows.

Honestly, I was surprised, to say the least; on a warm summers day like this, why would only one window be open? Very strange. Maybe a lot of the inhabitants of the castle were acclimatised to this sort of weather.

I began to store energy, as it started flowing through me as it filled every ounce of my being, as my metal cables began to glow blue under the metallic plates of my body, and showed up; overall, I looked pretty badass to the average eye.
I grinned at the power within me as I changed my voice to that of the notoriously famous video game character.
“Falcon... JUMP!” I yelled at the top of my voice, as my legs propelled me up above the window. Unfortunately, I began to fall almost as soon as I had reached the peak of my height.

Due to my skill, I quickly grabbed onto the ledge and pulled myself up as I jovially thought ‘It’s a good thing I played all that Assassin’s Creed.’

I walked inside casually noticing that no one was there, and grinned, and knew that now was the time to get to the throne room to talk to the Princesses. My feet made small ‘ting’ noises against the polished floor, my traction pads made sure I kept my balance. I swear, how does anyone walk on these floor without slipping over?

I eventually reached the throne room, or at least the doors of them. Two guards, rather buff and well muscled crossed their weapons.

“Stop right there! Show us identification, or pay the court’s fine!” One of them commanded, while the other simply nodded, spear still crossed over his comrade’s one.

I shrugged, as I told them that I was the ‘man’ that the Princesses wanted to see. They looked at each other for a moment, and did a small team huddle with each other. All the while, they murmured to each other. Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait; I already slid past them and sneaked into the throne room.

“Alright, you can go... wait, where’d he go?” They looked at each other, and then proceeded to look around, clueless.



Inside the Throne Room...



“Ah, Zero, good you could make it. As you know, I am Celestia. And this,” She motioned to her sister, sitting aside her on a similar throne, just decorated to look more nocturnal “Is my sister Luna. We have decided to entrust you and your... companions, with a mission.” She smiled at me, as did Luna.

Near the base of the throne stood Vinyl, Octavia, Hammerfist and Trixie. Each nodded to me in turn as I walked up to where they were. Well, Trixie winked at me, which made me blush lightly. Luckily, I covered it rather quickly, and turned to look up at the Princesses.

Celestia looked positively radiant in the Daylight, her mane flowing more freely than ever, the colors of it much more vibrant. Luna was a little more toward the opposite of that; she looked much more tired, which was probably due to the fact that her sleep cycles were different so she could raise the moon.

“Our mission” Celestia continued “Is for you to go to the Griffin Kingdoms, so you may deliver” She pulled out a fairly large scroll “this treaty. Naturally, we expect you to return fairly unharmed. While the Griffins can be rather... unsociable, we understand that they would not hurt an envoy of our kingdom, as it would risk the possibility of war. The mission will take around a few weeks at least, a couple of months at most. It is a long and arduous journey, so we wish you luck should you accept it.”

“Of course” Luna cut in “Should thee and thy companions accept this mission, thou must be careful; there are quite a few Griffins whom are known to... eat humans” She shuddered at the thought “so we ask that thee be careful.”

I looked at my friends (and my girlfriend) and nodded, as I got return nods; they were ready, more than ready should we run into a fight. With Hammerfist’s brawn, we would be able to take out enemies much more easily.

“Don’t worry, me and Tavi got you covered.” Vinyl grinned as Octavia blushed once more and chastised her friend on using said nickname.

Hammerfist looked at me and grinned “What, thought I wouldn’t go on this mission? Possibly insurmountable odds, fights bound and enemies skulls to crush? Wouldn't miss it for the world!” He laughed a booming laugh and looked away again.

Trixie simply looked at me, nodded and blushed, looking away once more. Trixie... Y U ACT SO CUTE!?
Luna noticed all of the replies, and continued telling us of the mission.


“The going shalt be treacherous indeed, adventurers. Always be wary, think fast, stay sharp.” She emphasized the word ‘sharp’, making the ‘p’ extra pronounced “We wish you luck, both I and mine sister. And Hammerfist” She blushed, looking away for a moment. “Do be careful.”

Hammerfist grinned and gave her a thumbs up, and didn’t show any signs of a blush.
I turned to Celestia and nodded “We accept your mission, Princess.”

Celestia smiled in a motherly manner down at us “Thank you, Zero, your deed will not be forgotten for neither you or your friends. I suggest you go to the armory and get geared up for your venture.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as we had walked out of earshot, she got up and poked Luna, singing in a joking manner “Luna has a Cruuuushh~!” She continued to repeat it as Luna begged her elder sister to stop the merciless mocking.

Author's Note:

Many thanks to Fluttershy Auditore once more for proof reading!

Please leave your comments and thoughts in the comments below, and don't forget to subscribe! (Wait, this isn't YouTube. :3 )

Signing off for now,

Axton