• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 3,431 Views, 118 Comments

A Cybernetic Life - AxtontheMechanist



A robot, more specifically, a robot with a rather sarcastic sense of humor ends up in Equestria after a rather unfortunate incident at the test facility he resides in. What will this new land offer him? Will he live prosperously? Probably not.

  • ...
34
 118
 3,431

It's Clobberin' Time!

I exited the train, Simon and Trixie close behind; it felt good, to have two people you could rely on. Even if one of them was a no good rassa-frassa stinking’ butt faced guard.

I took in the view of Canterlot as my LEDs widened to get a better view of the shimmering city from down below on the train station. Everything seemed so ornate here, so... regal; the buildings glittered in the sunlight as quartz caught in an inspection lamp’s rays, every side showed a reflection of true beauty and culture.

The purple secondary coloring to the buildings only contrasted the two colors, making them pleasing and attractive to the eye.

True, a few of the buildings had different coloring designs ‘Like the shops.’ I thought ‘On that note, who would sell chairs and inkwells? Just those two items, it befuddles me!

Despite the shops disrupting the colour scheme, the city looked stunning, and the sunlight that poured down onto the city only served to reinforce that fact.

Before I could continue on my observations of Canterlot, Blueblood and his cronies pushed past us. Trixie glared at them and Simon stood stock-still, not interfering. Blueblood turned to us and smirked before he announced.

“Be at the Canterlot arena at four o’clock, sharp. Got it?” He sneered up at me, his posture ever confident.

I grinned, which unnerved him to his core. I then replied, my tone even “Fine. But” My grin grew in size “If you lose, you have to apologize to everyone. Publicly.” I lowered my head, looking him dead in the eye.

He quivered once more in place, which I found hilarious. He then proceeded to bristle angrily for a few moments like a small toddler who had been insulted by an older kid. After what seemed like an hour (but was actually minutes), he replied.

“Fine, but if I win, then you must bow down to me. And accept that you are utterly useless.” His tone was immature and childish, which was answered by my booming laughed, which cascaded off the walls of the bustling street.

The huge sound drew more than a few eyes as I walked toward the Prince, smirking mischievously. The guards beside him didn’t move a muscle, knowing that they couldn’t interfere with the conflict, lest they get a reprimand from the Prince or a beating from the metal clad robotic warrior.

I leaned down, and ruffled his hair condescendingly “Sure thing Princeykins” I replied to his outburst with the most stupid and soppy voice I could put on, before pushing him aside and walking off, Trixie and Simon close behind. Both had put on a straight face, determined not to laugh at the Prince, who was red in the face from rage and on the way to having a purple face from unrestrained anger.

I laughed once more, giving a carefree wave as I walked off, Trixie and Simon close behind, both of their faces scrunched to restrain their own mirth.

3:00 PM, Canterlot Arena...

We had gathered in the arena early to get in a few warm-ups for my fight against the titanic Minotaur, I was throwing punches at a few make-shift targets, as I made each punch was swift and fast, my mind completely in the zone. Even though I understood this Minotaur person was probably pretty strong, I remembered that strength is nothing without technique. This in mind, I still intended to embarrass Bluepants, or whatever he’s called, so there was no way I was gonna lose.

After an hour of training, Simon nodded “You should be set, Zero.” He grinned at me before he walked over to the stands entrance. He turned round once and asked “Zero?”

I looked at him and raised a brow before he said, “Kick some ass for me. Blueblood needs to learn a lesson.” Before turning and walking to the stands, where a large amount of people were already filed into the wooden seats. If you unfocused your eyes a little, they could look like a swarm of ants.

Trixie walked up to me and hurriedly kissed my plated cheek, which made me blush a bright red. She winked at me before she strutted off, hips swaying a little. Damn, now I had to win this. I nodded to her, as she mouthed ‘Win’ and nodded brusquely, as she blushed and rushed into the stands to watch.

Crowds had gathered, many of the spectators carrying banners with them, each one supporting a different side. I grinned, waving at them as a large proportion of them cheered.

However, the cheering was silenced almost as quickly as it started, the arena going as silent as a winter’s night as a fully armor clad Minotaur lumbered forward. His armor had small stains on it, bloody and crimson fading into the dull grey iron. Along his shoulder plates were small crushed bone fragments, which made his sturdy armoured shoulders almost seem like a gruesome mosaic.

I cringed at the thought of being added to his collection, and readied myself, as I went into a fighting stance. No weapons were permitted for this match, just cold, hard, fisticuffs. One on one. Mano El Mano... I can’t think of any more.

I stood only ten feet apart from him, eyeing him evenly as he snorted and dug his hooves into the ground. I blinked once, unmoving and still, ready to take on any move he could throw at me.

“I’m going to crush you, tin can. Don’t try and make this any harder for you!” He snarled, revealing sharpened teeth. That was new.

I grinned at him “I’m actually made of chrome, numbnuts.” I pumped both my hands, clanging them on my chest “Come at me bro!”

My provocative gesture caused him to charge full tilt at me, roaring and horns down with a snarl that could scare even the most hardened adventurer.

Before he reached me, I smartly stepped aside, leaving him to smash into the wall of the stone-floored arena, embedding his horns in the wall as he yelled in frustration.

Tried as he did, he could not move his deadly horns and was stuck there like a man stuck in stocks as he pulled and grunted with effort. I casually walked up to him and kicked him up the ass, making him howl in pain as his horns were broken up from the roots, leaving him bleeding as he stumbled back, clutching his head.

He then turned to me, anger in his eyes, the irises alight with an anger that could rival even the fiercest of dragons. He let loose a mighty roar and charged before I could react I was slammed into the ground by the bloody faced behemoth that was the Minotaur, my circuits taking a beating.

Everyone in the crowd gasped; Trixie held a hand to her mouth, tears coming into her eyes while Simon gripped the safety rail, knuckles white.

Just as his fist was about to drop, I grabbed it, my hand extending to match his as I crushed it, standing slowly, the bones in his cracking as he knelt on the ground, unable to react due to the pain.

I gritted my teeth, keeping my circuits together by a thread as I yelled at him an old fighting tune from when I was first made, and young.

“I AM STRONG! I AM MIGHTY! I. AM GOING TO WIN. THIS. FIGHTY!!!!” My voice echoed as he knelt, shoulders slumping from the pain as he cradled his hand.

He whimpered and muttered out “I yield... you are more than a match to me, O Metal One.” He bowed his head.

I held out my hand to him “You fought well. Will you be my comrade in arms, O.... Furry one?” I looked down upon the beaten Minotaur with sympathy as he looked from Blueblood to me and back to Blueblood.

He allowed me to help him up and said “I would be honored, metal clad man. Tell me, what is your name?” He looked down on me, being a full head taller, his bloody hand now drying out, as well as his other wounds.

“Zero. Glad to make your acquaintance..?” I looked at him as Blueblood looked on in horror down on us; there was no escape for him; a large group of Canterlot citizens guarded the entrances, having seen the challenge issued. I guessed most of them had been insulted previously by him and wanted their apology.

“Hammerfist the Unbroken. It’s a rather ironic in this situation.” He chuckles as I join him.

“And now, Prince Blue Nuts will make his apology speech” I laughed as Blueblood hastily made his apology and left, face burning red in embarrassment.

I only had seconds to relish the moment before I collapsed to my knees, powering down, my circuits fizzing and short-circuiting as I fell to the ground, a mighty tree felled from its roots.

Author's Note:

Hello again! Sorry for the long wait for this chapter, I'm not that good at writing humongous battle scenes :/

Oh well :3 Anyway, many thanks to Fluttershy Auditore for proof reading. In case he missed anything (which is unlikely) please do tell me in the comments below. :D

On that note, don't forget to like and favorite, as well as posting your thoughts on this chapter (or even the story so far!) in the comments beneath this A/N.

Signing off for now,

Axton