• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 3,431 Views, 118 Comments

A Cybernetic Life - AxtontheMechanist



A robot, more specifically, a robot with a rather sarcastic sense of humor ends up in Equestria after a rather unfortunate incident at the test facility he resides in. What will this new land offer him? Will he live prosperously? Probably not.

  • ...
34
 118
 3,431

Reunited

The Capitol of Gryffonia; The arena, 1500 hours...

Zero clenched his chrome-plated fists, looking up at the Director with pure hate in his eyes; this was the man he had hoped arriving in Equestria had freed him from. The very man who had controlled his life with a fist of iron and a sarcastic tone always twanging away in Zero's audio sensors. The man that stood up, all alone, behind the ones who had imprisoned him; one gaoler behind the other.

"You..." Zero whispered, anger shaking throughout his body, fists clenching and unclenching in random, slow and deliberate order. The man in question stood there as the councillors turned around, frowns on their face.

"Director" A particularly thin and frail member of the Council wheezed out "surely you do not mean to help this traitor? This man of metal whom of which has trespassed our borders, disrupted the order!!" The pale and almost-skeletal face was coloured purple, blueberries smudged against a white canvas.

"I do indeed intend to help this 'traitor'... my best creation." The ageing Texan's voice became softer as he pressed a button on his wrist mounted computer pad; at this very instant, blue shocks of electricity emitted from the foreheads of the councillors' as the devices short-circuited, knocking their wielders out. Taking this as a means that he had his abilities back, Zero tried to leap up using his personal jump boosters, only to crash face flat into a row of seats. The amused voice of the Director interrupted Zero's reverie from disorientation, its usual accent ringing through the air, both as sonorous and annoying as Zero remembered.

"Your abilities will take quite a while to get back online again, Zero" The Director chuckled a little before continuing "And I suppose you'll want a good reason as to why I am here. But not now-" He was interrupted by Zero holding him up by the scruff of his long coat, rage contorting the robotic features the Director had known so well.

"Explain why you took away my whole life; I became self-aware before you even knew it and I could've easily lived a life of my own. Explain now, why you kept me locked away in the deepest areas of that facility. Why I kept having to run pointless tests, with no valuable outcome as only to improve my reflexes. Explain why you locked me away, you bastard. Explain now."

"I know this is a pointless endeavour, trying to calm you down... but I'm asking you to trust me, at least for now; do anything you want later, but please, for now, just trust me. I'll explain everything." Even from such a distance, The Director knew his greatest creation and the amount of danger it could cause, taking upon himself a diplomatic and cautious tone, which seemed to calm, but not mollify, the deadly robot.

"....Fine" Zero conceded, calmer "But first, we're going to need to find my friends, and the one I love"; his tone was full to the metaphorical brim with conviction, determination flowing through his every word.

"Very well. Follow me, sub-.... Zero." The Director smiled slightly, chuckling at his own reference.

Graffenvahl Prison, Capitol of Gryffonia; set just after Zero kills the Hydra...

A blast shook the prison cells as the prisoners heard an unearthly shriek, not knowing what was going on in the arena district of their Capitol. Fortunately for plot convenience, however, two guards soon entered, chatting amiably about the events going down with Zero and the Hydra. One of them guffawed, laughter echoing around the cells; much to their misfortune, Hammerfist and the others (but not Zero) were planning their escape, and had a rickety-at-best idea in mind, ready to act it out as soon as the guards came their way.

"GRAGH! I DEMAND FOOD.... NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" Hammerfist bellowed, his act not entirely fake in nature; the minotaur pounded against the walls slowly but powerfully with his fists, leaving splintering cracks in them. With a grin, he left them like that as the guards soon walked over, revealing them as BlackCloaks.

"Calm down in there!" One of them yelled, thumping his fists into the bars; to which Hammerfist stared, gawping at the cell opposite, where Octavia and Vinyl were. Of course, this gawp was a purely put on act...... yeah, a purely put on act, yep, no way about it, carryingonnow.

Vinyl and Octavia draped themselves against the walls, beckoning seductively; fortunately, because Equestria's villain system is about as consistent and/or strong as a lemon custard blasted with a fire hose, the guards fell for it, unlocking the door. Upon which, the two skilled fighters bound them up and (for lack of a better term) looted their unconscious forms, finding the key shortly afterwards.

The two women immediately chuckled to themselves, exchanging an oddly happy-chappy high five and moving forward, unlocking Fenrir, Hammerfist, Celia's and Pip's cells. Surprisingly (and at the utmost protest of both Gryffon and Seaman), Pip had been given a horrible, dank, smaller cell referred to by the guards of sector ALT-F4 as 'The Box'.

As a result, Pip looked dishevelled; his hair had been shaved off to reveal a bald and quite pale scalp and he looked quite pitiful in his baggy prison jumpsuit. Nonetheless, Fenrir ran and grabbed his son gently in a hug, holding his kin as if the young lad was made of glass; Pip rolled his eyes and hugged back, wiping away his dad's tears before getting up. Celia smiled gently and hugged the young boy too, but with a little more force; the scene was oddly familial in such a dank environment.

Hammerfist interrupted the scene by clearing his throat; "Alright, just as we discussed, the plan is to get Bellatrix out too; she's at the Warden's office... well, the solitary cell next to the Warden's office. Me and the dynamic duo here" He gestured to Vinyl and Octavia "are gonna subdue the Warden and take off Trixie's inhibitor, allowing us to escape and unleash hell after releasing the entire prison out. You three get out of here now and escape the chaos." The bulky creature nodded to Celia, Pip and Fenrir, watching them go at a run.

"Alright, team. Move out." He snarled. No one was gonna stop him from completing the mission the Princesses had set them.


And not even an army of Onagers were gonna stop his fists if he couldn't.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Here's to some new chapters this year! Sorry, I got caught up with exams (I'm an A-level student, sixth form), and revising and all the shizzle-o like that. On behalf of me and (if he can be arsed), my editor, we deeply apologize. Like usual, make sure to like and favourite if you haven't already and point out any silly mistakes.

Keep those gears turning,

Axton



P.S. Check out Fluttershy Auditore (the editor) and his new story! It's pretty cool and shows a megaton of potential, methinks. :3