• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 3,431 Views, 118 Comments

A Cybernetic Life - AxtontheMechanist



A robot, more specifically, a robot with a rather sarcastic sense of humor ends up in Equestria after a rather unfortunate incident at the test facility he resides in. What will this new land offer him? Will he live prosperously? Probably not.

  • ...
34
 118
 3,431

A Very Good Reason

"Very well sub- Zero, follow me." The Director nodded, walking off toward a set of spiralling stairs that made even Zero's processors slightly dizzy.

Very soon, the robotic creation was led deep into the dark and was forced, with the Director, to find a source of light; fortunately, Zero's eyes lit up, comically lighting up the area with heavy blue beams of sweeping revelation. Upon which, The Director looked around with a small smile playing upon his lips and amusement in his eyes.

"And here I thought you forgot about that small upgrade. I made it myself, y'know." He grinned, showing a set of pearly whites despite the darkness that very nearly enveloped them both; a scary thought occurred to The Director in the darkness of the tunnel they had just recently entered; 'I know everything about him, but he barely knows a thing about me, his own creator.'. The very thought chilled the Director to his spine from the animosity between the two; only lengthened curiosity and mercy were currently keeping the man alive. After all, in Zero's eyes, he was no saint, nor a martyr.

"Just keep moving, or I'm tempted to leave you here and go find my friends. We clear?" came Zero's curt and short reply, with only a hint of irritation in it. Getting the hint, the Director kept down the tunnel, making various turns and directions; the place was like a maze to the Director, who fortunately knew the path. On the other hand, Zero was creating a digital map in his head for reference; it would come in handy later, should he have the need to escape from the Director as he had accidentally done so beforehand.

As they wandered through the dark and dingy corridors of the coliseum's under-tunnelled area, a blue glow, similar to that of Zero's eyes, emitted from a far-off door; it had the same effect on him that a flame had to a moth, entrancement; he walked faster towards it, forgetting the Director whom of which had to run to keep up with the metal man.

With the speed of a man half his age, the Director fortunately caught up (with much huffing and wheezing curses besides), to find that his metallic creation had finally reached the door; cursing silently once more, he yelled;

"Zero, get away from that camera!" With much urgency in his voice.

Zero, none the wiser and ignoring his creator's wishes, poked the camera with a smile and said "Boop", a mischievous grin on his aluminium chrome face. Immediately, to the mechanical being's dismay, alarms sounded and the panel began to open; the alarm's voice was sounding, or rather shrieking with a shrill tone.

"[:WARNING!!:] [:INTRUDER AT MAIN ENTRANCE! DESIGNATE; ROGUE, UNSHACKLED AI! SENDING GUARDS ON THE DOUBLE!:] [:INITIATING PROTOCOL, CODENAME 'GO GET 'EM, IDIOTS'!:]" The alarm voice sounded with unprejudiced fury.

With a sigh of resigned annoyance, the Director looked onward toward the shiny metal panel as it opened with a hiss of steam and pneumatic engineering to reveal three guards completely decked out in white body armour and assault rifles pointed at the two. One of them, particularly brave, yelled "Hands in the air, meat bags!" with a defiant grin. Only for that grin to completely vanish when he saw his superior glaring at him with a face that may as well been an active volcano in terms of colour.

"CATHI, please deactivate the alarm system. Also, demote corporal Rogers to private; his..... less than professional demeanour deserves punishment." The Director growled in annoyance, walking past the members of his organization with a very amused Zero in tow; the mentioned metal man couldn't help flipping the bird with a grin on his face as he sidled past.

"Toodaloo mothafuckaaaaaaas~!" He grinned, as the door to the decontamination chamber closed behind them.

Meanwhile, outside the Gryphon Capital's prison....

Hammerfist grinned, hooves pounding along the now-cracked concrete towards the Warden's office with hooves clad in iron (something which the BlackCloaks could not remove from the big guy, due to the fact that they were literally welded to him). With a mighty yell, he dashed past Trixie who resided in her padded cell and spartan-kicked the door open with his mad grin still plastered to his face; sitting at the desk was.... none other than his brother, Iron Will.

"Brother! What in Celestia's name are you doing here?!" Hammerfist bellowed, furious and feeling a familial betrayal deep within him; how could this be? His own brother, a traitor to Equestria?

The Minotaur in question grinned, standing up to his full height, which more than equalled that of his brother's; his savage expression held in his eyes.... an oddly dull glow, Hammerfist noticed, outlined by a green aura.

"You see, brother, Iron Will decided that stopping you was the best course of action to prove he's the superior Minotaur of the family! So he can prove to his king that he is definitely the strongest!" And with that, he launched a devastating punch that hit Hammerfist directly in the gut, sending him careering into a reinforced concrete wall.

Fortunately, at this point, the 'dynamic duo' (A.K.A, Vinyl and Tavi), burst into the room, leaping into action; Vinyl, having no inhibitor, a stupid decision made in a bet by the guards of the prison, restrained Iron Will for the brief moment where Octavia jumped on his back, grabbing him by the horns. Strategically letting go at the right moment, the grinning woman let Octavia drive Iron Will into the wall beside Hammerfist, freeing the big guy from his concrete prison in exchange.

Knocking his brother out with a brutal kick to the chest, Hammerfist plucked Octavia off, handing her to Vinyl, whom of which grinned and slapped the classical musician's posterior.

"Good job, Sweetie." She teased, much to the chagrin of the blushing woman.

"You two, get a room later. We have a friend to free, and then a prison to escape from. Got that?" Hammerfist growled, looking disgustedly at his brother and walking out with a key chain in hand.

Canterlot, royal chamber of Prince Blueblood....

Looking into the crystal ball provided by his.... associates, Blueblood cursed quietly;

"Damn that accursed Minotaur! I should've known nothing would stop him from completing his mission. This is your fault!" He harrumphed, glaring into the shadows on the other side of the room.

A red horn and green-tinged eyes glowed in the darkness, as a mirthless laugh emanated from the shadows.



"All in due time, Blueblood..... ALL in due time...."

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Axton here; apologies for not posting in Celestia knows how long, but I've had my A-Levels to focus on, plus the planning of the final story Arc here in jolly ol' England. For those of you reading, it must feel like the story has arisen like Dracula after a moon-bathe, but please remember that I am a very busy bugger :P

Anyhow, I'll try to keep updates on my chapters busy, so remember how awesome each of you guys are and don't forget to like and favourite!

Keep those Gear Grinding,

Axton