• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 453 Views, 7 Comments

Nine Days - Cricketkelly



Nine days can be either too long, or too short. It doesn't matter which for Cerulean, for those nine days can be fatal.

  • ...
5
 7
 453

Day Two

"Well?" calls a voice from a filly behind me named Maple. I look down off the edge to the bottom of the valley. I look down off the edge to my death. I am afraid, not of death, but of letting those fillies win. I don't want to show them that they're stronger than me, and that they can control me. Unfortunately, I am attracted to the pit of the valley like two magnets are to attract each other. "What are you waiting for, blank flank?" Maple sneers. "Jump, already!" The other fillies snicker and scream in reaction to this.

"Yeah, blank flank!"

"What's taking so long?"

"Just do it!"

A tear drizzles down my face as I hear their demands. I step back a few feet, and suddenly begin running. I hear the rhythm of my hooves hitting the grass and dirt until I strike the air.

"How'd you sleep last night?" Twilight asked me as she began making a breakfast for me. I had been very hesitant to accept her offer of breakfast, especially since this was the first time that anyone had ever offered me food. Upon explaining this to Twilight, she grabbed a book from her library, rushed into her kitchen, and began cooking up a storm.

"Um... Alright, I guess," I lied to Twilight. I didn't know this pony very well. I already told her enough about me, yesterday. I was not yet ready to tell her any more, considering that I wasn't expecting to tell her or Apple jack anything about me. "I'm not used to sleeping inside. It's so warm and cozy!"

Twilight giggled. "I'm glad that you were able to experience that! Although, you should have been given a comfortable spot in your family in the first place."

"That wasn't exactly my decision."

"I understand. Do you know where your house is?"

"Well, the forest is my home, now. The house my parents lived in isn't really a home to me."

"Home is where your heart belongs. Cerulean, where does your heart belong?"

In the pit of the valley. "In the forest," I answered quickly.

"Alright," replied Twilight. "I think you should meet my friend, Fluttershy. She's extremely friendly, and she loves animals. I have a feeling the two of you will get along."

***********************

"You've been living in the forest for years and I haven't noticed?" the pale yellow mare questioned in a calm, soft voice. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine, really!" I responded after thousands of apologies. "I've been trying to hide, anyway. It's good you haven't found me!" I lied.

"If you really insist..."

Fluttershy was so quiet. I wanted to get to know her better so we could possibly become friends. How could I do that if she rarely spoke? Maybe I should spark her interest... "Do you like.... bunnies?"

"BUNNIES?" Oh no... Here it comes! She hates me now for asking such a stupid question! I should jump off that cliff, right now and end this all! "I LOVE bunnies!!! Let me introduce you to all of the bunnies! I'm sure they'll be glad to meet you!"

Unlike Fluttershy, I was unable to understand the bunnies' form of communication. It seemed like Fluttershy enjoyed the introduction more than I had. Still, I had that fake smile plastered onto my face, and I pulled through the endless conversation between Fluttershy and the decades of bunnies. Fluttershy showed me how to properly take care of bunnies, and even offered to teach me how to speak bunny. I kindly denied, for I was determined to find a way to turn my life around in under eight days.

Eventually, a light blue pony with a rainbow mane came to get Fluttershy for some sort of emergency, and I took this as my opportunity to find something else to do. I started towards town to look for scraps to eat, when I saw a clique from school. I hid, hoping they wouldn't see me, but unfortunately, I have no luck.

"Hey, look! It's the blank flank!"

"Hey, blank flank," called the leader of the group. "you lookin' for some color?" They all laughed. "Or talent?" The laughed more. "Or actual magic?"

"I bet you couldn't levitate this apple if you tried!" sneered one of the fillies while lifting an apple. Next thing I know, the same apple is shooting towards my face. Splat! More and more laughter. When I open my eyes, another apple is hurled at my face, and it hits me right between my eyes. "C'mon, blank flank! Show us your 'power'!"

I take a deep breath. When the next apple soars, I concentrate and wait for the shooting pain. I hear the twinkle noise of levitation, and see that the apple is hovering just in front of my face. Focusing more and more, I aim and send the apple directly into a tree. Splat!

I look over to the clique and they look startled at first. Then the leader of the group scoffed, "That's it? Come on! Let's get out of here!"

I wanted to shoot that apple at her face. I wished I could have gotten my revenge. She deserves an apple thrown at her head... with flames... and poison... and explosives... and-

"Cerulean?" a familiar voice called. "Is that you?" I turned to see Applejack approaching me. "Why didn'tcha call me over? I could've stopped those fillies!"

"I was fine on my own."

"I can see that, but I don't wantcha gettin' hurt. They sent those apples flying' pretty hard!"

"I noticed."

"Let's get ya cleaned up, alright?"

***********************

"Those fillies shouldn't be treating you like that!"

"Noooope!"

Applejack had taken me to her home and offered for me to stay overnight with her brother, Macintosh; her sister, Apple Bloom; and her grandmother, Granny Smith. I immediately declined, as usual, since I didn't want to be a burden, as usual. With much argument, Applejack insisted I stayed with her, at least to make up for the apples thrown at my head. Finally that day, I was able to rest in serenity.

Author's Note:

I know how you guys don't like how "whiny" it sounds, so I tried to fix that. It's not my intentions to make it sound whiny, though. I'm trying to make it through the view of a suicidal, low-confidence, filly. I hope you enjoy :)

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment