• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 453 Views, 7 Comments

Nine Days - Cricketkelly



Nine days can be either too long, or too short. It doesn't matter which for Cerulean, for those nine days can be fatal.

  • ...
5
 7
 453

An End's Beginning

What causes an end? A beginning. This story tells of my end, and this, as you can tell, is the beginning. Let us begin with my life's start. Cerulean, the tiniest filly you can ever picture, is born. She has bright blue hair, and deep blue eyes. The color of her fur? Oh, she's white. nothing special. She doesn't look anything special. She must not matter. She must be nothing...

My parents couldn't have cared less about me. They never payed attention to my needs, and I found myself wandering around Ponyville to look for scrapes of discarded food for dinner. They never let me inside the house, and I often took shelter in the woods, or hiding behind trashcans. Since I spent most of my time outside, I didn't bother to stay near my parent's house. They preferred to stay distant. Maybe that's why I didn't care when they died. I was beside them during their last moments. I could've called a hospital over to tell them that some mysterious unicorn stabbed them with it's own horn. I could've scared the unicorn off. No. Being the demented unicorn that I am, I stood and watched in fear as my parents bled out before me.

Ever since, I've lived in a cave in the woods.

I didn't want to live in my now-abandoned parents' house. If they wanted me out of the house ever since I was able to walk and talk, myself, why would I be welcome now? I was independent. I still am. I take joy in walking all over the forests, now, exploring what needs to be explored, watching the time pass and trees grow. By now, I could walk the forest with my eyes closed. I once left the forest in the opposite direction of Ponyville, to discover a cliff. The first time I had approached it, I was afraid to fall off it to my death. I peeked down off the clifftop to see a thousand-foot drop. Immediately, I scurried back and hid in the woods, just like the coward I am.

I rarely enter Ponyville. I really only go for two reasons: food, and school. I don't even want to go to school, but I have to seeing that I'm that certain age. I would refuse, but a mare once found me roaming the streets looking for food in the middle of a school day, and automatically rushed me off to the school. They make sure I'm here, every single day. I would give anything to avoid school.... except I have nothing to give....

The other fillies tease me and bully me for matters I find do not matter. They laugh at my blank flank, glare at my white fur, and criticize my magic. I am a unicorn, but I never learned how to use my magic, for no one has ever wished to teach me. I am the only pony in my class that doesn't have her cutie mark, yet, and I doubt I'll ever receive one. I know nothing of talent, just what is necessary for survival. I have no friends at this stupid school. Everyone hates me and teases me just because I'm not to their liking. One day, we were painting pictures and the other fillies decided that I needed more color on my fur. They then preceded to throw paint at me. It took nine days for rain to come and finally wash the color from my fur. Those nine days that it took for the rain to cleanse me, they all teased me more.

My parents caused my first fight in school.

It wasn't intentional, really, for they were dead long before this all happened. We had to do a project about our parents in school, and I asked the teacher if I could skip the project. No one knew that my parents are dead. When I mentioned this, the teacher thought I was lying, trying to avoid doing the project. When I denied this, she yelled at me for lying more. The other students laughed at this, and thought that watching your parents bleed out because a psycho unicorn stabbed them was funny. Sometimes I feel like stabbing them, but then I realize that I would leave people in the state that I'm in now. I wouldn't want to leave anyone in a state like this. You don't really have much of a choice of to fight or not if you're already in a battle, though, and in school, I was definitely in a battle.

Back on topic to my first fight.

This one filly, Petunia, started teasing me for not having anything: parents, a cutie mark, color, talent (this was the day the class heard about my parents' death). The other students chimed in, and I glared at Petunia. "Go ahead," she sneered at me. "Show me what you've got!" The other ponies started shouting at us to fight, and when I refused, a pony behind me shoved me towards Petunia. Petunia was a pegasus, you see, and she flew out of my way when the pony behind me shot me at her. I landed on the ground, and Petunia jumped on my back. She kicked my face over and over, until I passed out. When I woke up, it was raining, I was covered in mud, and everyone was gone. I refused to make an appearance at school for nine days.

Now, I'm sick of all of this abuse. No pony cares about me, and no pony believes what I say. No matter how much I try, I can't get a cutie mark, I can't get color to my fur, I can't learn to use magic, and I can't find acceptance or any friends. The other fillies take turns beating me up, daily, as if I'm their punching bag. I have too many scratches, scars, and bruises, and I'm sick of it all. I have decided that if within nine days, none of this changes, I am to find that cliff again, and end it all.

Author's Note:

This story is just going to be the harsh life of a filly named Cerulean. I hope that this story can help people see through the eyes of a victim, and know what goes through their mind.