• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,234

Meet the nuians

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

Okay I'm starting to write this after I finished writing the first arc, I might be working at the time of this posting so I have prewritten these to keep up a good schedule of updates. So without farther to do to the story.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter one: Meeting the Nuians

Not so long ago, there was a beam of light that pierced the sky; this was a sign. Something was coming, be it the light that shall cast away the darkest shadow, or the beacon that the light will use to overcome the darkness.

----

The sound of the crashing waves came to Twilight's ears, as well as the sounds of birds. She opened her eyes to see that Mata Nui had gotten her to the island, the rocky wall in front of her and the ocean waves confirmed that she was nowhere near Ponyville. As she got up, she heard the sounds of a metal against metal, as well as the feeling of cloth against feathers. Looking at herself, she was now not only in her spiral armor, but her alicorn form. Stretching her legs and wings she began to search the area around her, she found a rock formation and what looked like an arm with a hook and a green gem attached to the hook.

“I wonder that this thing is?” Twilight asked herself as she looked around the base of it. While looking around she found a strange picture, “toa coy was here”, was written under it. “I knew that there would be differences in our writing but I can't make heads or tails of this.”

Just then she heard a familiar scream, bringing her out of her thoughts and flying towards where the scream came from. When she got there she saw Fluttershy in a wooden cage that seemed to have come from the ground. Like Twilight, Fluttershy was in her armor but she had a scared look on her face until she saw Twilight.

“Twilight, oh thank goodness you're here. I thought I would be here all alone for days.” Fluttershy said smiling looking at her friend. “Why were we split from the others? We entered the portal at the same time, didn't we?”

Twilight though the same thing as she was using her magic to not only free Fluttershy, but hide her wings once again. The wooden bars were slowly bent to form a hole large enough for Fluttershy to walk out through. Once Fluttershy was next to Twilight there was a bouncing sound that came to them. Looking around for Pinkie, they noticed that the area was charred and blackened by what the two could tell was a that fire had happened recently.

“I wonder what caused this forest to burn down.” Twilight said still scanning for Pinkie.

“My question is what happen to all the animals the used to live here?” Fluttershy said with a worried look on her face.

Just then the sounds of drums came to the two's ears. The both turned to see Pinkie with a set of large bongo drums. Granted, this is Pinkie so the drums were nothing to joke or be shocked at, but it was the big arc of fire that caused Twilight and Fluttershy to jump back a bit.

“What was that?” Fluttershy said with a startled tone.

“Whatever it is it must have started the fire.” Twilight said just before she rushed towards the fire she, used her magic to grab Pinkie sans bongos.

“Pinkie, why is Twilight rushing towards that thing?” Fluttershy asked as she trailed behind Twilight.

“She having what all leaders get from time to time: heroic spasms.” Pinkie said in the superman flying pose.

“Really, should we be worried?” Fluttershy asked as they saw other ponies ahead of them.

“Not really.” Pinkie replied as she landed on the ground.

In front of them were six other ponies. Each had red coats except for an older stallion who had and orange coat, they also had different mane styles and colors. The colts and older stallion looked at the stallion in front of them like they had seen Celestia for the first time. The stallion's coat was a darker shade of red, his helmet was shaped more like a mask, and on his left shoulder was a hilt of some kind.

It was the sound of a twig snapping that caught all of the ponies' attention, all nine of them turned to see Applejack, or an earth pony with a stetson hat and an orange poncho, appear out of the wood. There was a moment of silence before she tipped her hat to them, the older stallion had not let the other three mares slip his mind.

“It seems Takua was more than successful in summoning help.” The older stallion said as both the group of mares got a better look at the six males, all unicorns.

----

Of all the places Rainbow Dash could end up she had to end up in a confining mass of seaweed with about 15 other ponies, which is not a lot of wing room, but what made it worse was how Rarity acted while they had been in here. She was either getting 'grossed out' by how the seaweed felt, 'even if she paid bits to be covered with this stuff at the spa' RD growled to herself, and when she was not complaining about that she was thinking of dresses for all the mares in the room. To add to Dash's annoyance, Rarity not only found a weaver but the ponies that supplied the weaver with the marital to weave.

“Flax you say? I don't think I know what that is, darling.” Rarity said talking to the weaver. “What is the maximum thread count that you can do on the loom?”

“It is much heavier than seaweed which is smoother and more flexible” the weaver replied with a knowledgeable tone but was scratching the back of her head. “I've never had some one ask me the tread count for my loom since we don't wear garments that are for show.”

“Wait you're telling me that nopony has ever thought about making clothing on this island?” Rarity asked with a glimmer in her eyes.

It was at this point Dash decided to let her mind drift to how everypony came to this Celestia forsaken place. She felt her eyes heavy and closed them while tried to tune out the noise around her.

----

Rainbow remembered being jolted awake as if she crashed into a soft surface that wouldn't harm her, but was firm enough to wake her. With a groan she noticed that when she was on her hooves, she felt heavier, and the two natural options made no sense since she burned more calories than she ate and there was no colt in her life. With a quick movement and the sound of metal on metal she knew that her armor had activated. It was not hard to guess that it had saved her from the fall from that portal.

“I knew that traitor would do this. Now I have to find the others and find a way home.” Rainbow said as she tested her wings and looked around her.

There were a number of plants that she had never seen before. Twilight would know what they are by just smelling them, Rainbow chuckled. She noticed the walls and the path that was carved out of what looks like stone of some kind. The sound of girlish screaming caught the flier's ears and she shot up like a rocket. When she got to where the scream came from, she wanted be knocked out again. Not only was Rarity, who was dripping wet, standing there but there was something that made RD wonder if she had some hard cider; a sea pony or was it merpony? At this moment it didn't matter; there was a mystical creature near a wet Rarity.

Having her own heroic spasm, she dove into the water, which not only caused a wave that then crashed over Rarity, but also sent the seapony flying out of the water and onto the land. When Dash came out of the water, she not only had to deal with an angry Rarity but the other pony that seem to turn into an earth pony.

“Rainbow Dash what were you thinking!” The unicorn said to her friend. “I have half a mind to design a line of sport outfits because of your actions and use you as the poniquin.”

The other pony was rolling on the ground from the looks between the two friends, which cause both of them to look at the pony. It was not until now that the Equestrians notice that the pony was a mare, maybe a filly if her height was any indication of her age.

“What?” the filly asked through her laughs.

“Who are you?” RD asked as she climbed out of the water.

“Name's Macku, best boat racer on the island and assistant to Turaga Nokama. And you two are?” Macku replied.

“My name is Rarity and my rather brash friend is Rainbow Dash, the elements of generosity and loyalty respectfully.” Rarity said earning a chuckle from Macku.

“I've never heard of those elements. Then again, I have never seen a Ko-pony that was a mare or a Ga-pony that had wings so it would make sense.”

Just then a roaring sound was heard by the trio, all three turned to face Ga-Koro.

“Is that...” Rarity started with a gobsmacked look.

“...a city of lily pads?” RD finished with the same look.

“Oh no. This is not good. That was a takrava and where there is one of them there are more to come. I must go for help.”

Macku said losing her laughter and putting on a serious face.

Rarity was about to ask what she was talking about when a creature with crimson eyes jetted out of the water. It was tall, had lengthy arms with four dagger shaped claws, and a face that neither Rainbow or Rarity had seen on any animal in Equestria.

“What the hay is that thing?” Dash said as she flew up into the air dodging the creature's swipes.

“I don't know but it can't be good.” Rarity replied as she used her magic to block the creature's claws.

The sound of buzzing entered the ears of the ponies, Macku was the first to see it what was making that sound.

“Nui-rama, but they're too far away from the jungle. What is going on?” Macku said as she dodged a net that the rahi dropped. RD and Rarity were not as lucky as they was were fighting the takrava. It was at this time that Macku made her move.

This left the two equestrians cornered and captured by the rahi. They were taken to where the other ponies in the village were put and the room sealed with only an air tube keeping them from suffocating.

----

Rainbow felt somepony tap her on her right shoulder, opening her eyes she turned and saw an older mare with a cyan coat and a graying navy blue mane.

“Can I help you?” RD ask confused on why the mare seem to be staring at the element on her chest.

“Have you seen a Ga-pony with a huna on her flank?” The mare asked like a mother asking about a missing child.

Now Rainbow did not know what a huna was but from the cutie marks of the ponies around her gave her a hint.

“I'm guessing you're talking about Macku?” Rainbow said putting two and two together.

“Yes what happened to her?” the mare said with a bit of a smile.

“She said that she was going for help and then swam away.”

----

Macku would be out of breath if she was running on land and was going as fast as she was now. Her tail moved in powerful strokes as she followed the current to Ta-wahi beach. She knew if Toa Gali was anywhere she would likely be there.

----

Twilight was amazed at just how different this island was from what she and her friends knew. Here was a place that was outside the rules of the normal world of Equestria; it was like an Everfree Forest, but on a much larger scale while the sun and moon still worked like normal. The fact that the ponies here had to have guards and defenses that seemed to be out of a story. The books, sweet Celestia, the books that they might have. What got her out of her as when they entered the older stallion home. One thing that made the equestrians turn their heads in confusion, there was a fire pit in the center of the room.

“Old stallion, you said you could tell me who I am.” The armored stallion said with a gruff tone.

“And I shall” the elder said as he moved to be in front of the fire. “You are Tahu, Toa of fire. You and your brothers and sister are destined to do great things, but there are trials that will shape who you are and what you will become. I know not what the future holds, for only Mata Nui knows that, but I can give you a step towards that future.”

The old stallion used his magic to show six blank masks, one of which looked like Tahu's own. Twilight remembered what Mata Nui said about his people and how each mask gave a different power to the user.

“These are the six great masks of power, each unique in its powers. Your first mission is to find the others and locate the other five masks as well as the six noble masks.” The older stallion said as the masks changed into six other. “Tahu, you may leave now if you wish.”

Tahu seemed to think about this for a moment but stayed. This got a silent agreement and the elder began to speak to the Equestrians.

“It is not often that I must ask this, but what are your names?” The elder asked facing the Equestrians.

Twilight and her friends looked at each other and remembered that Mata Nui saying that they were to seek out the elders on the island, and they had found one of them, but they were missing Rainbow Dash and Rarity, so they could use the help locating them. Twilight, being the leader of the group and a princess, spoke for the group.

“My name is Twilight Sparkle and these are my friends Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy.” Twilight said pointing to her friends in turn. “We came here because of the Elements of Harmony lit up and caused a portal to your island to open.”
Applejack was a bit frigidity by Twilight's duplicity but by the way Mata Nui spoke, he did not want ponies outside of Equestria to know that he was back in contact with the world once again. Applejack knew that Twi was just doing what was best.

“Welcome then. My name is Turaga Vakama, leader of Ta-Koro, and the stallion next to you is Toa Tahu, Toa of Fire.” Vakama said, greeting the Equestrians and motioning towards Tahu. “I must ask, what are the elements of Harmony?”
Twilight went into what the elements were and how they got them. Of course, she didn't go into their history since they learned from Artemis that the ponies did not know of Celestia or Luna.

“...once we awoke the power within us, we defeated the Mare in the Moon for good.” Twilight finished her tale to the Toa and Turaga.

“So you are missing your bearers of loyalty and generosity.” Vakama said remembering Twilight mention the other two elements. “Do you know where they might be?”

“No. The portal split us up, so we're lucky that as many of us were in the same area as we were.” Twilight said as a blue mane and red coated Ta-pony came rushing into the hut panting.

“Turaga *pant* Macku just *pant* came from Ga-Koro *pant* with bad news.” The colt said as he tried to catch his breath.

What the Equestrians saw on the faces of the Turaga and Toa was shock. Vakama seemed to be talking to himself while
Tahu was about to go into a full on sprint. As the fire toa was about to, leave Twilight touched his shoulder to stop him.

“Where are you going?”

Tahu growled a little as he turned away from the mare.

“I'm going to go and help the matoran there.” He said walking out of the hut.

“I swear if I didn't know any better, I'd say he's related to Dash.” Applejack said turning to her friends. “Rushing into somethin' that they know nothin' about what they are getting into.”

“Come on AJ. You know it is not nice to judge someone like that.” Pinkie said as she messed with her breastplate.

“He could have just asked Macku. She is just outside of village.” Takua said causing the Equestrians to look at him.

“Why is she outside of this village? Did she do something wrong?” Twilight asked.

“No. It's just that Ga-ponies dry out too quickly.” Takua said, getting weird looks from the girls. “What? Ga-ponies are merponies. They need to be moist, so the volcano's heat is not kind to them.”

Merponies... That name seemed to ring a bell with Twilight for some reason, but she couldn't place it. If she had access to her library, then she could look it up but she was Celestia knows how far away from it. As she followed her friends and the Ta-pony, a thought came to her that made her want to eat her wings, it was so simple. She just needed to send a letter to Spike to look it up. Using her magic she summoned a quill, loaded inkwell, and paper.

Spike,
I need you to check the library for any information on 'merponies' and please reply A.S.A.P.
Twi
P.S. Hope you are keeping the library straight, love you

With that she rolled it up and used her magic to send it. With that done, she ran after her friends.
----

It had only been about a day since Twilight left and the library was still clean. 'Mainly because Dash is away as well' Spike thought, even with two kids staying there.

Spike had finished replacing the last of “The Magic Carriage” books onto the shelf. As he climbed down he felt a rumbling that told him that a letter was coming, with that in mind he turned his head and out of his mouth came a large burst of flames. Once the light died down he saw the letter rolled and lacked the normal royal seal.

“Must be from Twilight. I guess that note taking spell does work outside of her studying.” Spike said opening the letter.

While he was reading it, Artemis came down to see what caused the light that she saw from the top of the stairs.

“Spike, what was that bright light just a moment ago?” Artemis asked noticing that he was reading something.

“I just got a letter from Twilight asking me to look for something called merponies, guess I'm not getting any sleep tonight.” Spike replied with a sigh.

“I could help you if you want.” Artemis said as her horn lit up. “Besides, I still need to work on my magic.”

“I thought you would be a master of magic since you were Nightmare Moon?” Spike said making a good point.

“That was more of my mother's skill and knowledge while I had control.” Artemis explained as she used her dark blue magic to get a book.

“Oh, okay. I guess you could.” Spike said as headed towards the mythological section.
----
Well here is chapter one. I will be looking at “Under the Sparkling Seas” before writing chapter two. Also,unless otherwise noted, everything is happening at the same time.

Author's Note:

Okay here is the first chapter of the next arc also this will follow the '01 storyline closely but not completely also Takua will be on the MNOLG but that will not be written here.