• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,234

A Day’s Journey

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

Any artistic kanohi mention in this chapter onward is property of Modaltmasks, as such there will be links to them at the end of the chapters. Now on to the story.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter Sixteen: A Day’s Journey

Vakama awoke with a chill, his mane and coat matted from the sweat coming off of him. His aged eyes dilated from the end of his vision/dream. What had started as a pleasant dreamless sleep slowly became vision filled nightmare. Ever since he was given a toa stone he had had visions of the future, warnings of what was to come and what needed to be done. It has begun with him talking to the animal inside of him and working on kanohi. He was reliving his time as a mask maker, an occupation that he thought was his destiny until Toa Likhain gave him the toa stone. It was moments after the beast stopped talking that Vakama’s forge was being melted down, Vakama would have been horrified if he had not known that this was a dream. That was before he saw the outline of the beings melting the forge. *They were lurched over like hunchbacks but the eyes were what cause Vakama that caused the former toa to wake up in the cold sweat. Even when he had seen the Vahki round up matoran he still saw something from them and the spiders that he once controlled while he had gone insane. This things had soulless eyes and did not speak even with teeth and mandibles.

“Mata Nui what does this mean?” Vakama asked himself as he got up and looked into the fire pit as the flames rose from the embers. It had taken years but he had kept his random visions in check by using his remaining control over fire to channel them into the fire. He did so once again but his vision was not met with an answer only the image again. “Who but him would unleash beings that were never meant to see the light of day.” Vakama said as he saw an image that he knew all too well.

----

Ahkmou, the poisoned kohli seller, returned to the base that his masters called home. The first one that he ran into, figuratively and literally, Chirox. The once light grey coated and two-tone silver and dark gray mane now sported black on his face, lower legs, back, and a pattern on his chest. His wings was flat against his body, his red eyes peering at the matoran as he looked at Ahkmou.

“So has the spymaster been out done and ran out of his base because he got too greedy?” Chirox said circling the tan and brown.

After that was spoken Ahkmou’s colors began to shift, the pattern of a shadow pony came to the surface like blood bleeding from a wound with his tan and brown coat and mane became darker as his rose colored eyes darkened. His mask remained the noble rau in dark gray, this was the only metru matoran lost by the Turaga. Ahkmou, a matoran who had a black heart even before he was turned into a shadow pony, the order of Makuta’s spymaster. The Makuta himself knew that if he was ever to be beaten and a team of toa had evacuated metru they would need a spymaster to watch over the island and send shades back to the main base with information. He had seen the potential in Ahkmou and had made sure that he would be turned and given abilities to be that spymaster. Over the years Ahkmou had gotten to the point that he left Mimics of himself in villages with only the colors changed to fit in. Thanks to this the order has been planning around the movements of the matoran and toa. However the shades in Ce, De, Vo, and Su-koro, had either been destroyed or returned to the base before returning to Ahkmou’s shadow.

“One minor mistake in a thousand years,” Ahkmou replied back to the higher member. “That’s better than what you’re doing.”

“If you say so but how would you know seeing as you haven’t been back for years.” Chirox said returning to his route. “Too bad, you didn’t goof up sooner. If you did then you might have been made into a shadow toa over that weakling Goldrax.”

Ahkmou’s reply died in his throat, toa of shadows. That was a goal he had wanted for a long time, he had seen toa before and knew of their power but he lacked the toa energy or stone to gain the power to change. He was just now learning that the order had made a team behind him and cheated him from power. The shadow matoran had rage grow in him and new hate fill his mind. It was then that a white and black stallion with black armor with a mask of sonar on pass by him, if Ahkmou was a past Ta-pony he would have been hot headed and attack the stallion but he was a former stone carver and he had patience to match his rage.

----

Umbrage felt wrong with his current look, what was covering him, and what was on his back. From his form’s original mind he knew that he looked like a thief, not helping is the fact he had to make a cloak to even travel during the day. Shadow travel was dangerous since he could be located by the Order of the Makuta and he may appear farther away than he was now. He only knew of this adolescent form because of Spike’s memories of it, this made the Shade dragon wonder why the younger form was the most comfortable. Which brought him to the cloak, even if that book said that shades infused or created with Equestrian magic were immune to the effects of light he did not want to risk it. By now it looked like the sun was in the middle of the sky, from what he knew he started from just as the sun was rising, not accounting making the cloak he only travel to what Twilight and the others had been and he did not like the look of it.

A fight had taken place there and it looked like a large battle, the dragon shade felt the remaining shadow energy around him at least a hundred shades were blasted to pieces. Then there was the burn marks, wet ground, melting ice, the broken branches, the stones and dirt also pointed to it being the sight of the Toa fighting one of the Eclipse. The conclusion that this was the Toa would be wrong as he and Goldrax had seen the air and water toa not move once last night. That could only mean this was Twilight and her friends, and that filled him with a bit of joy as they must be nearer than he thought.

----

Blue was the only one of the group still awake after the fight, He and Techia had used the element of surprise to take down two of the rahkshi, Blue crushed the kraata chamber of the teleportation rahkshi while Technia had split the illusion rahkshi from it’s upper and lower body. This distracted the rahkshi of accuracy long enough to have Lesovikk send it into the outer atmosphere. The fight was not long nor brutal, it was just something that happen. The only organic liquid, fluid made by a living being, was from the Kraata which looked like oil. Technia had then started to breakdown and categorize parts so she could repair Blue or upgrade him. Blue was astounded at how she had not only broken down the two Rahkshi shells but how she fit it in her saddle bags. Trixie had came out after the fighting had ended and the vahki was confused by the look on the mare’s face, it registered as; worry, fear, anger, and relief. According to his facial expression chart it looked as one of the least used things seen in the matoran: love, but that was the closest he could get given his limit interaction with the world outside of Tech’s home and trips for supplies from the market.

Looking at Tech, Blue had wondered what she thought of him. He was a machine, something that was programmed and not ‘alive’, yet he was treated like a being over a thing by the unicorn. He had read books that were science fiction of how some robots become more than programmed, “The Bicentennial Pony” was one of them that caused him to think about it more. He had wondered about the story that was held in that book, would he be willing to turn into a living and fake pony just to spend time with the pony that he likes. Those thoughts kept coming up as if his programs did not keep the unnecessarily away from him while he was thinking or planning.

Looking at the moon he wonder why he was programmed as a ‘him’.

----

The three Vo-ponies had formed a triangle around the equestrians, each one has a staff with electricity cracking off the top. To the armored equestrians they thought all three, and much to their shock the village, looked mostly like Trixie. Twilight had wanted to try and make peace with them but they ignored her. The two groups did not speak to each other, the equestrians did however still have the mind spell that allowed them to talk to each other.

“So why do you think they are so harsh?” Rarity asked to the others.

“Given what we’ve seen and what I know of my female kin folk.” Applejack replied. “This village is under the protection of two larger villages, normally when a girl is either the elder or younger of both/either or older they normally try and show it by being rougher than a weak girl common in how city ponies see them.”

“I see what you mean Applejack.” Rarity replied recalling how for a long time she saw upper class clients say how small towns make a great place to look for models for shows, granted until Fluttershy got a job as one Rarity had just played it off as them trying to get her to lower the price of an item. It took that and spending time with Sweetie Belle to see something that was blind to her. Most privilege ponies would just be nice to a ‘lesser’ pony just to set them up to watch them fall, be it their intention or not. “You think that this group is a bit rougher because they want to be seen as strong even if they don’t have a Turaga to lead them.”

“Exactly,” AJ said as they started to approach an impressive structure and looked like a factory over anything else. “That means no acting tougher just to impress them.”

At that moment they all looked at Rainbow Dash who had a sheepish grin and knew that AJ was talking to her.

The equestrians were surprised how lavished the inside looked to the more dirty and sharp looking outside. It looked like a photo of Lifestyles of the Noble and Canterlot Elites, the colors were similar to the ponies but were brighter or darker depending on the placement.

“Well that was not what I thought this place would look like on the inside.” Rainbow thought. “I mean you have the whole warrior thing down with the arcing spears and attitude to us but this just kills it for me.”

“That is why you have the privileges of speaking freely revoked by a princess.” Twilight said with a small grin. “Given what happened in the past I planned on casting a mute spell in things like this but that would be mean.”

Rainbow did not reply just gave a nod and looked at the glass mosaic that made up the floor. It looked like things she saw back at the flight school and how it reflected to those with lighting or storm team. It was then that the leader of Vo-matoran made herself known to the six. She was a dark azure coat with a platinum mane with blue highlights to the left and right, on her flank was a blue kanohi hau with platinum tree on the forehead.

“Amp, Ohms, Tifi, report and explain why you have these travelers at shocker point?” The mare asked her fellow ponies with a bit of shock.

“Fila,” One of the ponies said. “These six were seen with an infected kanohi, and we believed them to be in league with the force that the Turaga warned us about.”

“Have they tried to escaped or tried to cause any of you harm?” Fila asked as she walked to them. The three shook their heads no. “Then why not talk to them?”

----

Takua and crew came to the near complete tunnel to Le-Wahi where they ran into Taipu as well as a black coat stallion with a natural silver-gray mane with and orange kanohi pakari on his flank that seemed to be tinkering with something. Taipu had informed them that Onu-matoran is the head engineer that help get to the point of them almost breaking through rock. Just then the miners broke out into the forest of Le-Wahi. Taipu was so excited that as soon as the rubble from the wall being broken was cleared he bolted into the forest much to the displeasure of his co-workers and surprise of the group.

“I knew he wanted to be an adventurer like me but that was a bit air headed.” Takua said getting a smirk from Jaller. “What is the smirk for?”

“How many times have you done the same thing?” The captain of the Ta-koro guards with a chuckle.

“I see your point.” Takua said defeated. “Well we best get him before he gets hurt.”

As soon as they found the miner he was so awestruck that he failed to notice a Nui-Rama came down and snatched him into the air. Even with unicorns, they could not reach him before he disappeared into far off trees. It was then the engineer from before came up from the tunnel.

“Did you find, Taipu?” He asked before seeing the looks on their faces. “I’m guessing something bad happened.”

“Sorry but we were too late.” Takua said as he saw the look on the pony’s face as if the thought of death cross his mind. “But don’t worry we saw him get caught so that means we can save him.”

“Then I’ll come with you.” The onu-matoran said pulling out a tool of some kind. “As second in command of the unit I must make sure they are safe.”

“Welcome to the team then…” It was then that Takua had a moment to notice that he and the others did not know the pony’s name.

“Nuparu.” The stallion said.

“Okay, let’s go.” Takua said leading the group to the elevator that would take them to Le-Koro.

As the elevator could only hold three ponies and Takua was the only one that knew how to work it they decided to go up by village. When the Ta and Ga villagers got up Hahli asked Jaller a question that she felt rude to say in front of Takua.

“Jaller not to sound rude but why aren’t you in command of this?” She said confused on why a captain would not be in charge of something involving the other villages working together.

“To put it simply I don’t have his knowledge of how the other villages or how they do things.” Jaller said surprised that Hahli would say that. “Why are you asking me this Hahli?”

The water pony just shook her head as if to get thoughts out of her head. “It was just something was nagging at that back of my mind.”

It was then that Takua and the Po-matoran came up before Takua headed back down to get Nuparu. While it took a moment to realize that the village was quiet and how it seemed abandon, even the rahi was quiet with only a few birds sounding off and flying away. Once Takua returned with Nuparu he pulled out a flute and played a tune. Once the tune was finished the Le-matoran came out but in few numbers and no Turaga. When asked what happen they explained how the Nui-Rama attack them and stole most of the village away. Now with more ponies to help them they wanted to raid the hive and save their kinsmen. The group agreed and all were given gunner roles as they had no idea how to control the rahi. As they began to take off Rama started to fly towards the village, within seconds they began the battle Kongu with Takua as his disk launcher gunner on a Kahu, a large rahi bird, were heading towards the hive. The pegasus and his mount, really it was his pet, moved as one. Takua was knocking the Rama out of the air and the ones that he missed the Kahu used it’s talons to kill the Rama. As they flew up the hive to the top more Rama came at them and once they was near the top a Rama clipped the wing of the Kahu causing it to fall into the hive as it had a crash landing knocking out it’s riders.

----

Umbrage had tracked the ponies to the sound village and he moved around it as he wanted to be away from them and picked up the track from there. By the time he got to the spot that more ponies had been it had become evening and for some reason he felt something that he had not had before. Sitting under a tree he heard a rumble, but there was no rahi around. It was then that a thought came to him. if he was becoming more of a living being over a shadow then that meant he had needs of a living being. It was then he had a flash from Spike, greed caused him to want things and only them, that sent the poor dragon shade into a painful state and caused him to be knocked out. As night fell something came across him and took him from the spot under the tree.
* http://djokson.deviantart.com/art/Tahnok-471572882?q=favby%3AJFPierre%2F44231518&qo=33 ←what bohrok will look like

Author's Note:

Get ready because next chapter we have a few inmates running lose.