• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,234

Night of the Sound

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

So Vultraz is going after Vahki that have been appearing around Equestria, Luna is having doubts about facing Artemis should she turn, and Artemis is meeting Babs. Then we have Mazeka dealing with *DRAMATIC PAUSE* paperwork...we will leave those for another chapter.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter Twelve: Night of the Sound

Twilight and Fluttershy watched the movement of the woods that hid the cave they had taken shelter in with their friends and knew that they were in danger. They could see how much harsher this island was compared to their home. If not for the fact she had to be brave and help her friends Fluttershy would be curled up into a ball out of fear of this place. Twilight had noticed this and decided to try getting her friend’s mind off of this.

“Fluttershy, I was wondering what you meant by glowing red eyes back at Ga-koro?” Twilight asked.

“Well the tarakava said that something black with red eyes attacked it and that it woke up after Gali beat it.” Fluttershy said with a sad tone to think of that poor innocent creature that did nothing wrong.

Twilight could see that while she was getting Fluttershy’s mind to something else instead to the fear that almost all of her friends had since they ran into those shadows. Even with the past adventures and dangers, this was something that they were not used to. Being on this island was like being on another world for her friends and herself, from the three villages that Twilight has seen, Mata Nui’s people were less involved in the control of their land compared to that of Equestria. Then there were the abilities that Applejack had started to develop since they escaped from Ce-Koro. From what Miserix said, due to elemental energy that the locals had and they were able to harness it because of similarities to the Toa. Then there was what that shadow Toa, Goldrax if she recalled right, said as well as that dragon that looked like Spike. Even if it was a short time since she and her friends were brought here, the ones that they left back in Equestria were missing them. It was then that she looked inside the cave and saw Dash looking around.

“What is the matter Rainbow?” Twilight asked seeing a bit of a shaken look under the helmet of the rainbow haired mare.

“It is something that made me shake for some reason.” Rainbow said again shaking for no reason.

It was at that moment an ear splitting howl was heard coming from woods. That howl caused AJ and Rarity to jolt awake, any complaints either of them had were forgotten and followed the other three that ran to the mouth of the cave to see if Fluttershy was okay and try finding the source of the howl.

“Fluttershy,” Twilight said seeing the shaking Fluttershy and followed her head towards the woods. Just then something from her trip to Tartarus appeared but so different that it would have made her think that it was another species. Where the normal ones were flesh covered the ones before her had charged black skulls and rib cages, any color that was on the originals were replaced with either off black, bone white, or smoke gray, the last major thing about this Hellhounds that spoke of more fear was the black flames coming off of the bodies.

“How did Hellhounds get here?” Twilight asked before she saw the lead one leap at her.

----

Technia was a bit ticked that she had to be in the small space that Trixie called her home to repair Blue. Since they had skipped their normal cleanings and diagnostics since they started their trek a day before so, and with her learning how to survive without most of her tech that she missed dearly. Some of her friends would compare her to a crazy cat lady, only with gadgets. They were on the move with Trixie pulling the wagon to her destination with Lesovikk acting as guard since the vahki could attack them at any moment. For now, Technia just huffed and waited for the blue robot to sit on the floor. One of the problems with Blue and his height was that where a normal pony could have room to walk over them in the wagon, he took up double that.

“Alright Blue time to begin.” Technia said as she began to pull boxes out of her saddlebags.

While the saddlebags were her armor, she also kept some things that she picked up on her way by home to get supplies in case she could not get them, most were; tools, boxes, rope, blank parchment, quills, ink, and other such items. As she began to check Blue’s arm for damage the robot began to speak to her.

“Tech, why are you so mad at Miss Trixie?” He asked as he began to scan data from the Kranua and Kraahu. “She has been nothing but kind to us and treated us well.”

“You’re forgetting that time she took over Ponyville, she was cruel and would have turned it into Tartarus if Twilight Sparkle had not stopped her.” Technia said as she used her neon green magic to unscrew his arm from his torso.

“During that time I was in self repair mode since you finished oiling my joints and I needed to sort corrupt data out of my systems.” Blue said as his systems fed in data of what organic life called pain. “I was more or less dead to the world. So only second hand account from you versus a first hand account from her…” He stopped when he saw the look on the unicorn’s face, comparing it to several others in his emotion database he found it to be one of three forms of anger.

“What lies did that sad excuse of a unicorn tell you!” Technia spat at the robot forgoing the clean up job for her anger.

“Her side and hearing from her that she now lives with the guilt that all the pain she caused is now on her head since she could have proved herself and left it at that.” Blue said in his monotone voice since any other would cause trouble.

“I call shenanigans on that,” Technia said not giving an inch. “She locked up the mayor and had most of the elements of harmony as slaves while the rest of the town was stuck under a fish bowl.”

“Information: The Alicorn Amulet is known to corrupt users with the twisted and powerful magic. Cases of it showing up and turning the user into another being that is different from their normal persona.” Blue replied using his logic to counter the gun-metal unicorn.

With a huff, Technia cursed herself for trying to reason with the Vahki and began to test the arm’s joints and hinges. He was the ultimate in being unbiased since he can turn off his emotions for logic even if she was just basing her judgement on just herself and what she believed others would in Ponyville. In that moment a thought came to her mind, Trixie must have been treated much like she herself was at school only much harsher.

In that moment of realization that Technia was just acting like those ponies that caused her pain. She continued to work on the arm with her magic checking for stuff stuck in the small spaces. During this Blue was using his only attach arm to check for any other thing that are causing him to move slower. So far he was mostly removing leaves, sticks, and pebbles. What he need was a good soak in oil for his joints since they were sealed and it would clear him for the increasing amount of dirt compared to his time in Ponyville. From his internal clock he could tell that about three hours passed since he and Technia began. Looking at his owner/friend he could read that she was crying for some reason but he was not about to ask her since once she reattach his arm, picked up the tools, and replaced them in their proper place she went to a corner of the room and curled up with her back to him. He just sat there wondering what her problem was, so he began to scan data for psychology information to see if he could help her through this.

Meanwhile during those three hours Trixie and Lesovikk were making chit-chat, Trixie explained the whole alicorn amulet incident to him and in turn he told her of a time he fought insect-pony hybrids that tried to mutate some gryphons into nightmarish creatures. Trixie was surprised that Lesovikk was not telling her off for being in the wrong for using the amulet, she guessed that he accepted it and returned with a tale of his own. In her eyes he was a hero because he risked himself to save others, and at that moment she felt something that felt weird and could not tell what it was. Suddenly something jumped out in front of the pair and this caused Trixie to scream as the wagon ran into and in surprise for the thing that jumped in front her. Lesovikk on the other hoof was in action mood and rushed the thing. It was at this time that Blue came out of the wagon to see what the matter was and the scream after he made sure that Technia was okay. When he got to where Trixie was he saw the mismatch Vahki that cause that town to throw tomatoes at him and Tech.

----

Twilight and her friends were panting and had yet to injure the hellhounds that were now circling them, however it was not for nothing. Everypony found what elemental powers that they had. Rainbow found that she could now use ice to freeze the hounds in place just long enough to help her friends. Pinkie seemed to be able to control wind, which did not surprise the others given her randomness, Rarity found that she could call stones to her aid, to which Applejack remained her of that time Discord made her think a rock was a huge diamond. Fluttershy now was using her water powers to keep the fire that the hounds were spreading under control while also using it to keep them back. Twilight herself learned that she had control of fire and was using this to try to put out the hounds but they just moved out of her area and she had to use a wall of fire to block them. Twilight was using her mastery of magic to try several spells to stop the hounds but they were too quick. After about two hours the hounds backed off and a pony similar to Goldrax appeared in front of them. He was a unicorn in spiker armor compared to Goldrax that had a red mane with a dark gray stripe on the left side of it and a mask of some kind that the equestrians have yet to learn the name of.

“I must say you have put up a good fight and entertaining as well.” He said as a creepy smile came across his face. “I must be a lucky stud to have found you all and knowing that you are able to use those powers just makes this all the better.”

“What makes ya say that you sad excuse for a Toa!” AJ said knowing what the unicorn was implying. “Ya’ll just a coward using others to fight behind while you just watch, that ain’t right.”

“When you have an army like mine at the ready why even try and fight them when they can’t withstand shadows.” The unicorn said as a radiant energy came off him Shades began to raise out of the ground. In addition to more hellhounds, shinobi, behemoths, and normal shifts began to form around him.

“AJ I know you’re the one trying to keep me from making things worse but until we beat this guy…” Rainbow began.

“I know kept it to myself.” AJ interrupted.

Just as they were getting ready to fight a line of ice appeared ahead of them and a crackling of a fire was also heard with the sounds of smoke puffs. The six turned their heads to see Tahu and who they assumed was Kopaka.

“Well this must be my lucky day,” The unicorn said his creepy grin lessen. “Not only the Equestrians but two of the six thorns in our sides.”

“Lucky,” Tahu said with sarcasm. “I would call you unlucky since you just lost most of your forces.”

“What are you talking about?” The unicorn said before noticing the frozen spikes that was once his forces. “No matter I will just make more.”

Before he could do anything he was hit with a blast of magic from Twilight that paralyzed the unicorn on the spot with only his eyes and mouth still moving. Tahu and Kopaka wondered what the mare did but that questions were being asked by the shadow Toa.

“What did you do to me?!?!” The unicorn yelled trying to move or call his powers.

“Something that Princess Luna told me about when dealing with ponies of your powers.” Twilight said as she and the others got near him. “How did you find us?”

“We have trackers and since you were still in this area it was easy to find you.” He said before he was knocked out by a blow to the head by Tahu.

“Why did you do that? We could have got information from him.” Rainbow said with a frown.

“We best leave now before he wakes up.” Tahu said much to the confusing of the equestrians.

“Excuse me, Mr. Tahu you are not explaining anything. May I ask what is going on?” Rarity said as they began to follow the two Toa.

“We found out something that we must tell you.” Tahu said with a grit in his teeth.

----

Goldrax and Umbrage were watching the two toa and planning what they should do since both doubted Onica would not come back telling the shadow Toa to leave the masks alone.

“What should we do?” Goldrax thought to Umbrage. “I can’t just take them.”

“I don’t know, as far from my original’s mind this is nothing I have done before. All I can tell is that we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.” Umbrage said to the Toa. “We might not be able to get it back if we get it and hand it over to the order.”

“This is going to be rough.” Goldrax said as he heard the sound of shadows moving.

“When in our partnership has it ever been easy?” The dragon said with a cocky grin.

----

After Traveling for a short time the equestrians came to a quiet area where the wind was almost nothing and even the sounds of their hooves were almost silent. They wondered what this was all about and wanted to ask the Toa but when one of them tried to speak nothing came out but they saw the other’s lips move. It was then that they noticed that Pinkie was holding up a sign. It read, “Twilight don’t you know a telepathic spell?” Twilight nodded and her horn lit with magic casting the spell. Once she did that she turned to Tahu and Kopaka.

“Alright why can’t we speak?” Twilight thought to the two with eyebrows pointing down.

We are nearing De-koro, home to the matoran of sonics or sound.” Tahu thought much to his surprise that Twilight did this.

“We found it after chasing one of them to it thinking that it was a spy.” Kopaka thought to the Equestrians.

“What’s the matter Mr. grumpy pants?” Pinkie thought to the ice Toa. “You sound so cold, maybe I could throw you a make the Toa happy party. It would be fun and then you might warm up to everything.”

If I did not know of Lewa you would be the most annoying thing I had ever met.” Kopaka thought with caused some of Pinkie’s mane to lose some puffiness.

The equestrians were a bit cross with the ice Toa, he had no right to say that. A simple no would have been better. Which Rainbow had enough of not saying anything and flew in front of the Toa of ice.

“We know that you are a controler of ice but you don’t have to act like that.” Rainbow thought with an angry look on her face.

“In case you missed it,” Kopaka began. “That is the base of our personalities, Tahu is a hot head as a part of his powers and you must have noticed Gali’s flowing nature.”

“I can’t believe I share similar powers to such a stick in the mud.” RD thought as she moved back to her friends.

“What are you talking about?” Tahu thought confused by what the mare had said.

“Well as it turns out due to similar natures appears to have given us powers like you and your siblings.” Twilight explained. “We don’t know how but it is just another thing that we have to get used to.”

It was then that they came to De-Koro; the place looked like any matoran village only there was almost nothing on the ground saved for a patch of grass here or there, even at night there was ponies on patrol for anything out of the ordinary. When one noticed them he called over another and began to approach them.

----

Mata Nui was watching the interaction between the equestrians and the Toa as well as the matoran. He was happy to see that the elements found the gift that he gave them since he saw that while each was strong he wanted to help them beyond just being an observer. In turn he gave each of the Toa an element of Harmony to keep the in fighting that was bound to happen to a minimum. It was then as he turned away from the mirror he heard a snap.

“Well this is unexpected.” A voice unfamiliar to the former ruler which caused him to scan the area. “I thought you would have died a long time ago and yet here you are.”

Mata Nui was not in the mood for games, even if he was locked in this room until the end of existence, he shouted to the speaker. “Show yourself, now.”

With his trademark laugh Discord appeared, his appearance was unexpected to Mata Nui as he had heard of the draconequus but never seen him before.

“How do you know of me, yet this is our first meeting?” Mata Nui said cautious of the spirit of chaos.

“Age has done neither of us any favors,” Discord said as he began to change into a familiar form to Mata Nui. “Much like Celestia, you were the light of the land and others looked down on your brother. Have you ever wonder why he had no mercy yet as this form he was so kind? Well when you nearly killed him he fully became shadow and that sad little voice grew bitter and changed being reborn into a being that would be feared and would be the one to show the world how chaotic he could be.”

“Unless you have proof of this I will not do anything but blast you out of this realm.” The alicorn said with a angry look.

“As you wish.” Discord said returning to his normal form and used his eagle claw touching the mirror. When he did this it caused it to go back to Mata Nui’s battle with Teridax, there on the ground laid a bloody and beaten alicorn saying something but it could not be heard. Soon shadow energy busted out from him and slowly faded away leaving only a small creature that Mata Nui could see was a younger Discord.

Mata Nui turned to Discord still confused.

“While that is interesting how do you know of me since that happened after I flew away.” Mata Nui said with a normal tone. “You must have been taken care of if you are here.”

“I mostly lived off the ruins and was like that until equestrians were exploring the ruins and by that time I was taken back to their homeland and the rest is history.” Discord said still much the same as normal. “Anyway I just dropped by to see if what Celestia wrote in her diary was true, now back to vacation in Karzahni.”

“Why do you go there?” Mata Nui asked.

“Mostly to make the poor ponies happy and mess with the insane ruler since he has them just be boring and turn to stone.” Discord said before getting a serious tone. “I dislike those that turn others into stone after being stone as well.”

With a snap he was gone and Mata Nui was alone once again.

“Who knew just one event would have so many relatives coming out of the woodwork?” Mata Nui mused to himself.

Author's Note:

nothing much to say other then the next one is about a third of the way done