• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,234

Toa on the move

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

Okay since the seapony book is out, I can work on this. Also, I saw a Kopaka and Snowdrop pic that made me think of the toa screen. I'll link it down below in the section or at the end, anyway onto the story.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter two: Toa on the move

Kopaka trekked through the snowy peaks of Ko-wahi heading to the center of the island, Kini-Nui if he recalled correctly. The gray maned white stallion looked over the ridge ahead of him, his icy blue eyes looking down to see the snow covered rocks below, and even with his white armor and gray cloak, a drop like that would end badly. Using his akaku's eyepiece, he could see the path ahead of him. As he was about to head that way, a shadow seem to jump out at him. With a quick use of magic he called his blade from his side and slashed a split second before the shadow could harm him. For a second Kopaka got a good look at what attacked him, or tried. It had a silver insignia on it's back, clawed hands, and large feet but he could not see anymore as it faded away into nothing.

“Strange. Nuju never spoke of these creatures.” Kopaka said in his cold voice as he looked around to see if more were hiding along his path but found nothing. Now walking slower he watched for anything to make itself known to him.

As the ice Toa moved farther into the island, a veil of shadow dropped and two shadow Toa stood there, both had black armor and coats with the only things that made them stand out were their manes and a stripe on their masks.

“Did you see that? He just cute a shade like it was snow.” A pegasus with a gold mane that had a dull gray stripe in it said in a tenor voice agape at what he had seen.

“Up until about a day ago you didn't even know what a shade was so why are you surprised to learn that the weakest one could be killed in one hit? Seriously Goldrax, you must be the worst shadow being ever.” The other one said in a deeper voice, he was a unicorn that had a red mane with a dark gray stripe on the left side.

“Drop the act, Elija. You know that was impressive,” Goldrax said with a scowl. “We have yet to work with our own weapons and from what the order has told us, these guys are tough.”

“Shadow is the most powerful element ever, so even if they are masters, they will fall to our might.” Elija said watching the ice Toa.

“A master with a dull blade is deadlier then a novice with the sharpest blade.” Goldrax shot back. “We should send a shade after him and really use the shadows.”

Elija wanted to counter Goldrax but held his tongue and summoned another shift.

“Follow and observe the ice Toa. Do not attack him unless he attacks you. Got it?” Elija said to the moving shadow, which nodded and sank into the ground.

----

Spike had just finished “The Tales of Hercoltes” and had yet to find anything regarding stories about ponies that lived under the sea. Looking up from his book he saw Artemis had a smaller pile of books around her hooves.

“Guess I've been around Twilight for too long if I think a pile of ten books is a small job.” Spike thought as he went to clean up the books. He did not mess with the book that had Artemis's dark blue magic around it.

By the time he finished putting up all the books, Artemis put the book down and had a smile on her face. Spike didn't know what it meant, but it seemed to be good. Then again he has seen that same look on Twilight's face when she made a breakthrough.

“Now where did I put my emergency gear?” Spike thought as he approached the young alicorn. “Did you find something?”

“I don't know but I think this could help.” Artemis said showing the title of the book to Spike.

“Under the Sparkling Sea: the True Story of the Seaponies and Mermares”, Spike read aloud. “Strange. I've never heard of this book before. Maybe it came while I was out on the migration.”

“What migration?” Artemis asked.

“Dragon thing and not something I want to talk about.” Spike replied trying to shift their attention back to the book. “Did you read all of it or just some of it?”

“Some but the images are well done.”

“Well, best get to work on this.” With that the two kids began to read the book.

----

Twilight was amazed at just how different the land changed. It was unbearably hot one moment and a cool ocean breeze the next. Not to mention the wildlife she saw from a distance. They were so different from what they had in Equestria.

"Well they did develop on an island, so less dominant traits could have caused them to form their own species," she said to herself as they neared the beach. The equestrians had not only met Macku, but the Su-ponies. While the idea of plasma has been tossed around in unicorn and pegasi studies they had yet to get close to it and here is a group that had complete control of it. While Twilight wanted to go and study them, she knew that there were other things that mattered more, but a thought came to her mind.

“Macku, have you've seen any other ponies in similar gape to us?” Twilight asked, seeing how the mare did not react to them in their armor.

“Yeah. I think they called themselves Rarity and Rainbow Dash, but I didn't really talk to them that much. I was hoping for Toa Gali to be here, but I guess she was too far inland.” Macku replied with a sigh on the end.

“Why was she going there?” Fluttershy asked as Pinkie bounced to the ocean.

“Turaga Nokama told her to go there to met the others. Why Toa Tahu wants to go to Ga-Koro is beyond me.” Macku shrugged and realized something. “I forgot a boat. Now it will take us days to get to the village.”

Macku looked defeated and was about to cry. Takua saw this and patted her on the back and tried to comfort her.

“Come on Macku. We can figure out another way to get there quickly.” Takua said with a smile on his face.

Even with that Macku was still wearing a sad face. Pinkie noticed this and being Pinkie wanted to help turn that frown upside down and like that she got an idea. Hoping over to Twilight she whispered, “Couldn't you teleport us to to her village?”

“I could but I need the exact location so I can keep us safe from falls and other hazards.” Twilight replied.

“Hey Macku what is the location of your village in longitude and latitude.” Pinkie asked in her chipper voice.

“5°25'01''N 10°10'10'' Macku replied automatically.

“How's that Twilight?” Pinkie said with a grin but Twilight has a shaking head.

“Those are somewhere near Neighagra Falls. I'm going to need a map to confirm this, as well as a star chart so I can line them up to get the degrees right.” Twilight said to her friends and then looking towards the matoran. “Do either of you have a star map and a map of the island?”

“Let me check my bag.” Takua said as he slung his saddle bag in front of him and sat down. “Lava board, no, light stone, no, Ta-koro guard emblem, no, here it is.”

Twilight was stunned to see a colt that looked like he couldn't handle hauling heavy stone slabs around in a saddlebag, but he just pulled two of them out. This also brought the fact that unicorns seem to use their hooves here more than Equestria.

“Takua, how did a small pony like you carry these?” AJ said, trying to lift one of them. “Woh wee that is as heavy as a one wheel cart.”

“I must ask, if that is alright with you, how do you fit all this stuff in your bag since they seem too...uhm...large for it?” Fluttershy said pointing out that Takua list out several other items before the slabs.

“All saddlebags have an enchantment to make it so we can carry a lot of items in case of travel.” Takua said as Twilight used paper and ink to copy both of the slaps. “Plus it can be handy when you have to go to the more extreme parts of the island...excuse me but what are those items that you have?” Takua finally noticed the ink and paper.

“These are what our people use to write and record information for later.” Twilight said as she finished making a copy of the map and chart. “I know a spell that allows me to summon these items, as to the reason why I have them is to use a technique that allows me to make a copy of it and then compare it to my own star chart.” With that Twilight summoned a book and seemed to compare the star charts. In a split second her face went from studios to shock. “Sweet Celestia We're on the other side of the world!”

----

Tahu was heading towards Ga-Koro, even though he did not know where it was. Following the coastline was the most obvious way to find it, but he had no other choice. During his walk, he kept hearing a splashing. When he got to a river crossing, the splashing stopped. Tahu may not have been a skilled tracker, but he was a warrior who knew that something was right behind him. At the sound of a branch snapping, his blade was off his shoulder and ignited in the face of a pony in similar armor to his. Her navy blue armor offset her light cyan coat and sky-blue mane done up in a braid, golden eyes, water like tentacles with two navy blue hooks on the end of them, and the mask that had a clear visor.

There it was: two power beings sizing each other up on who would make the first move. Time passed and neither lowered their weapons or the waiting elemental attacks, both knew of the other due to how the Turaga told them that they had siblings and it took a minute to realize that they were a bit too much on the cautious side of things and slowly the elemental attacks were reabsorbed into their bodies. The mare's hooks went to her sides and the stallion's sword return to his shoulder.

The mare was the first to speak, “I'm guessing you're one of my brothers?”

“And you're my sister,” Tahu said lessing his scrawl. “Given that you will no doubt be looking for a mask similar to mine, as I will be for yours.”

The mare nodded. “My name is Gali, Toa of water and you are?”

“Tahu, Toa of fire.” Tahu replied as he was about to continue on his way, but Gali stopped him.

“Why are you going that way? My Turaga told me to go to Kini-Nui at the center of the island to meet the others.” Gali had a hoof on his shoulder to halt his forward movement.

“One of your matoran came to my village for help. Something happened there. Didn't know where you were, so I decided to go there myself to take care of the problem.” He said moving her hoof away from him.

“I must thank you for telling me this, but with all due respect, I should be the one who deals with the problem directly.” Gali said with a firm tone and a serious look. “If you wish to help that is fine.”

“I understand. If it was my village, then I would do the same.” Tahu said gesturing for Gali to lead the way. Gali took lead and began the march towards her home.

----

Turaga Vakama sealed his hut off from the rest of the village. Part of him was saying that he should have talked with these mares. They were not truthful with him, he also noticed that one of them was quiet and seemed frigidity when 'Twilight's' tone changed. Another voice also spoke to him.

“It takes a skilled lair to see others' half truths.” it said in it's voice still with a growl under tone. “They are the ones that Nuju has told us about.”

“The evidence is pointing to them, but we need time to see if they are the ones.” Vakama said keeping his eyes on the fire before him.

“You are just making excuses so you don't have to tell your story, yet” the voice said as the fire grew brighter. “You know you should inform the others of what is going on. Or are you keeping them in the dark as well?"

Vakama wanted to tell the voice to shut up and leave him be, but there was nothing to do but watch the flames in the pit. In the flames, his past moved in front of him, all the good and all the bad, moved as the flames rose out of the pit. For a moment green eyes with yellow diamond shaped pupils stared out at Vakama's magenta eyes. There are reasons for demons, Vakama reminded himself; they show just how much it takes to fall and become them. Vakama looked into a pit that he once blinked and fell into but he was able to climb out of it with the help of his friends. With one last glance at the fire he summoned a stone and began to carve letters into the stone.

----

Icarax was not pleased, to put it lightly, and his mood reflected this. Nothing dared go near him. Even the rahkshi stayed clear of the order member. He not only lost a lot of rahkshi, even as weak as they were, the Vahki were decimated, and the final two nails in his hoof was the capture and recapture of Sombra, who was now locked in the crystal empire, and Nightmare Moon was more than likely under heavy guard. Icarax could hear Antroz chewing him out over his failures and what he did wrong. To his surprise Antroz had yet to comment on this. It was at this time he summoned several Shifts, all of their eyes looked scared.

“I want all of you to learn what you can about where Nightmare is and I want to know who is with her!” His voice was loud and filled with hate. “Once you found her try and invade her dreams, turn her and make it so we can win.”

The shifts disappeared into the ground and had relieved look in their eyes. Icarax ignored them and kept plotting and planning.

----

Sombra was once again imprisoned in a small magically sealed prison of metal and glass. Guards were stationed both at the doors and around him. There were guard shift changes but never once was he left alone. Just then the door opened and there was the two responsible for his first imprisonment. Both still had their regal looks, through one seemed to have her mind elsewhere. Sombra wanted to torment her but to do so would not be in his best interest.

“You are a hard stallion to get.” Celestia said with narrow eyes. “I want you to tell me everything about the Order of Makuta.”

“Why should I?” Sombra said with a sarcastic tone looking the sun princess in the eyes. “You have nothing that I want." His eyes shifted to Luna. "At least nothing you are willing to give up.”

Luna saw the look in his eyes, she has seen that same look in those dreams of many stallions.

“I would never be interested in ever getting any closer to you.” Luna said mirroring her older sister's look and gaze.

“Now when did I ever say it was you or your sister? Heck, the crystal princess wouldn't be enough.” Sombra said as his grin began to grow and creepy.

It took a moment but it clicked in Luna's head and soon she was about to show why ponies feared the night and why you never speak ill of a child in front of their mother. With a yell of anger and horn lit by the magic that could raise or lower the moon Luna charged the prison. If not for her sister, Luna would have shattered the prison letting Sombra escape but not before the princess of the night beat the ever living shadows out of him. Sombra was upset that his first plan to escape failed but he still had time.

“Sombra,” Celestia, who was now getting angry, holding the younger princess back her magic. “Your attempts to cause us to free you are useless, and if you say or even imply anything to or about my niece, then I will end you before you can move.”

While Luna was still ready to rip Sombra apart molecule by molecule, she was surprised to see that her sister had not call Artemis a thing but something personal.

“I'd like to see you try.” Sombra said still with a grin on his face.

----

Antroz was in center of the Order's base looking over the locations of the Toa Eclipse and the locations of the Toa that arrived earlier. He noticed that Eclipse had paired up to spy on some of the Toa. Antroz guessed even shadow Toa had the sense to work in a group and not be stupid when it comes to others. Just then a shift came rushing into where Antroz was.

“What is it?” Antroz said with a prosaic tone.

The shift said that there were strange ponies that matched the descriptions of the ones that liberated Nightmare Moon from Icarax.

“If they are here, then we have another threat to take care of.” Antroz said as he began to think.