• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,234

The Stage Magician and the Lost Warrior

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

Okay I took a break and got some new ideas for this chapter. A character from the first story and the Mahri storyline as well as a fan favorite from MLP, note Seth from EQD would like this.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter 4: The Stage Magician and the Lost Warrior

Luna and Celestia looked at the stallion as he explained that the toa seemed to share qualities that must have drawn the mane six. When asked how this related to both sisters being able to tell where toa were, Mata Nui said that it was due to the magical aura around toa and his people in general. He also added that anypony who had ties to the elements of harmony might be able to sense the toa as well. At that point, both Luna and Celestia asked to see who it was that they were sensing. Mata Nui nodded and he faded from the oval and was replaced by a barren desert.

----

The royal sisters saw a lime green armored figure with darker chest armor and cuts in the armor. He was a forest green pegasus with a teal mane and tail, both with a dull olive green stripe in the middle of them. There was a strange silver, almost fin-shaped, blade on the middle of his back. He was walking in an area near Dodge City. In fact, he might be near the town since the mirror only seemed to show the Toa himself. The scene changed so now the sisters could see that he was indeed an hour's walk away from Dodge City.

“Who is this figure?” Luna asked as the toa stopped for a moment to rest. “I’ve seen him before.”

“He was a member of the first Toa team and the last member of that team. The group was attacked by creatures known as Zyglak. They’re a species of ferocious lizard creatures that have hated my people as long as I can remember.” Mata Nui explained. “He was the one you, Artemis, and Twilight encountered before we first met. He has wandered ever since then, never staying in one place for too long.”

“I see.” Luna said as she and the other alicorns continued to watch the toa.

----

‘For countless years, I have wandered this world, and I still blame myself for that day.’ The Toa thought as he walked towards the city. ‘It seems like yesterday.’

All around me were the mauled forms of my teammates, four of them laying just out of my reach. I was rocking back and forth with one of my best friends and love in my hooves.
"Nikila, can you hear me Nikila?" I said hoping to have her back but her glossy eyes told me that wasn’t going to happen, she was gone and was to blame for not only her death but our teammates.
That was the day I too, died. The failed Toa is gone, now only a warrior looking his place in the world. For...
It was at this time that the toa had ran into a wagon that he didn't noticed while walking down main street. It interrupted his memory, but he needed to be brought back to the real world. Even though his mask/helmet kept him from having a concussion, he still rubbed his head from the bump. Looking up at the wagon he noticed writing.
“The Great and Powerful Trixie.” The toa read as he got up. It was about that time he could hear cheering from the other side of the wagon to see a crowd of ponies watching the pony on stage using magic to do tricks, like making items appear out of thin air or showing that she can do most anything random ponies from the crowd could. But in the Toa's eyes, she looked almost exactly like somepony from his past.
“Nikila...” the Toa said to himself. “but how?”
The Toa was trying to wrap his head around this, the mare on stage looked almost like the long dead Toa of lightning. While he was in deep thought, the mare called out to him to come on stage.
“You there, armored pegasus. Can you match the magical might of The Great and Powerful Trixie?” Trixie said, but the Toa seemed to ignore her. Now Trixie could keep a calm head, but she was doing a show here and these ponies wanted to be entertained. “Hey feather brain can you hear me or is your head still in the clouds?”
The Toa seem to snap awake after she spoke to him. With a hop and a flap of his wings he was on stage.
“You sure know how to make an entrance, but not like The Great and Powerful Trixie.” Trixie said to the still silent Toa. Trixie found it odd that the pegasus had yet to speak, which seemed very unnatural when she challenged somepony for them not to speak normally they would be trying to show her up but he seem still distant. “Now can you best The Great and Powerful Trixie!”
The Toa didn’t say a word but air seem to form around him and lifted him into the air without his wings moving. Needless to say, the crowd was impressed; Nopony had ever seen a pegasus be lifted up in the air without magic or wings.
‘I‘d best bow out on this one,’ Trixie thought behind her stage face. Clapping her hooves Trixie stepped forward on the stage. “Very good sir you have done what The Great and Powerful Trixie could not. For Trixie to even attempt to do what you do would require tricks that Trixie lacks.”
Soon the crowd joined Trixie in the clapping, some that were bested by Trixie were whistling as their way of say to Trixie that she was not all that Great and Powerful. The Toa slowly lowered himself down to the stage and kept his eyes on the mare on stage with him.
“She may not be you Nikila, but you two might have been friends.” The Toa thought as the crowd began to disperse. Trixie began to move to close the stage and noticed that the Toa was not moving from the spot where he landed.
“You do know that I’m trying to close up for the day?” Trixie moved behind the curtain. The Toa still did not move. “Come on, why are you looking at me?”
“It is because you look like one of my friends” The Toa said. “Do you mind if I stay around for awhile?”
Trixie was surprised to hear this, since she has been traveling alone after the ‘amulet’ incident and she was kinda wanting to talk with somepony rather than strangers that might have a little too much cider that night. The Toa seemed to be able to keep her from harm.
“I will allow you to stay around IF you promise to be my bodyguard when I’m not on stage and on the road.” Trixie said, finally walking up to the Toa. “But I have one requirement: Your name. What is it?”
The Toa thought about this and spoke his name “Lesovikk.”
----
Applejack and Rarity stood first watch, nothing major happened, besides Rarity gushing over the style of the buildings again. Applejack noticed that the 'Ce-ponies', as the elder Ga-pony called them, were missing, but the village was intacted.
Something ain't right here Applejack thought as she walked clockwise around the camp. Nopony would leave their home unless something was after them. We saw no sign that they were taken, so where are they?
It was at that time Applejack heard something from a bush, and in a flash of black, something huge tried to grab the apple farmer, but she jumped away from it. The thing was almost as big as an ursa minor, its front arms were the size of full grown apple trees, and just as large in width but not as tall back legs, the thing's cobalt eyes popped out from the dark gray face as well as the silver crescent mark on its chest. A cackling caught AJ's ears, not wanting to turn her head she saw something out of the corner of her eye. She saw two mares similar to Icarax and had some type of armor like Toa. One's mane was orange and black while the other was purple and Gun-metal gray.
“Lookie what we have here,” one said in a deep voice. “an equestrian in a Ce-pony village.”
Applejack saw the one with the gunmetal and purple mane move towards her. Applejack knew that she was outnumbered, but she could try and hold the three of them back.
“I’m guessin’ that you’re the reason the ce-ponies aren’t here.” Applejack said standing her ground.
“And you’re here to help those weak Toa.” the mare replied. “I must say you lot did fall into our trap before we even set it up, and at night too. We couldn’t have planned it better.”
Applejack had a feeling in her hooves that had been bugging her since she and the others came to this place, but now it felt like she could feel the ground under her vibrate from the hoof falls of the mare coming towards her. There was a thought that came to her mind, Stomp the ground and run to the others, Applejack didn’t know where that came from, but she did just that. As she raised her hooves the mare seem to notice something and ran at her. Applejack slammed her hooves into the ground and pillars of earth shot out of the ground towards the charging mare. Applejack didn’t stick around to see what happened next. All she did was run back to camp.
----
Artemis was not surprised to see the number of guards increase, but when they tried to take the shadow being, it would always come back to her. This didn't make sense due to it being sent from an order member to try and turn her. During this, she heard a small voice that seemed to lack personality to put it one way. She also noticed that the being began to change in color similar to herself, it's body had become more silver and it's mark was now blue. It also seemed to lose a few of the things that made it seem so frightening like the hunched back and sharp claws.
There a knock on the library door, while the guards wanted to turn them away, Artemis told them that, unless it was the order, they could not do that. They wanted to argue on this point, but Artemis used shadow travel and was at the door. When Artemis open the door she was greeted by the CMC.
“Hey girls. What brings you here?” Artemis greeted the trio.
“We were wondering if you could come and play with us.” Sweetie Belle replied.
“Also, what’s with the royal guards around the library?” Scootaloo pointed out, getting unhappy looks from the other two fillies. “What? You guys thought the same thing when we got here.”
“Ah said wait for her to tell us not ask her out of the blue.” Applebloom said shaking her head.

“Actually I don't mind it that much.” Artemis said getting really looks from the trio. Looking over them Artemis noticed the wagon had a few garden tools in it. “You also wanted to try your hoof at guardsponyship.”

The three had an embarrassed look, but did not break eye contact with Artemis. They waited for her to answer.

“I'll be happy to have you as my guards for a day.” Artemis said smiling getting from them. “But you must stop when I say stop or if something bad happens.”

“Like when the pegasus attacked you.” Sweetie Belle said getting a growl from Scootaloo.

“Yes,” Artemis said with a nod then she turned to Scootaloo. “If that happens, you must promise me that you will not try and go after him. Only the elements and the other alicorns can even stand a chance.”

“I don't see why I can't just hit him upside the head.” Scootaloo said breaking eye contact with Artemis.

“Scoots” Applebloom said glaring at the pegasus.

“Fine.” As she made eye contact again. “I promise not to go after the pony that killed my parents.” She promised bitterly.

Sweetie Belle, wanting to change the subject, asked Artemis where Spike was.

“He’s at Fluttershy's cottage caring for the animals with Angel’s help.” Artemis replied.

“Ah remember when he was petsitting for mah sister and friends, and he pushed them on us” Applebloom recalled that misadventure. “So you're sure that he can handle them?”

“Of course.” Artemis let them in. “He has yet to prove that he cannot do it.”

As the trio walked in, the two guards that Artemis shadow traveled in front of came down the stairs, both had the standard Equestrian guard look of indifference but a trained eye could see that they were not happy.

“Your grace, please. We must keep as many ponies out so that you can be better protected.” One of them said with the other one nodding in agreement.

“With all due respect sirs, I will not and shall not be a prisoner again.” Artemis said as her eyes glowed a bit.

“Princess Luna insisted that you do as we were instructed.” The same guard spoke again.

“My mother is concerned, but nopony but me knows how to deal with the order.” Artemis looked beyond the two guards and saw the changes being behind them. “Besides when did I ever say I was going to leave.”

With that, she and the CMC headed towards the far room of the library.

----
Rarity wished Applejack would just come back already. She needed her beauty sleep, otherwise she wouldn’t be as fabulous as she was. The thundering of hooves caught her ear and she saw Applejack running away from something, but Rarity could not see what that was.

“What is the matter...” Rarity started to say but somehow Applejack was able to throw the marshmallow pony on her back and keep running.

“Applejack, why did you...how are you...” Rarity was confused by what was going on.

“No time to explain. We need to get the others and find a place to hide” Applejack said as the purple maned pony appeared before her, causing her to swerve out of the way.

“What was that?!?” Rarity said as the pony disappeared from her sight.

“Something to do with them varmints that took Artemis.” Applejack said as they passed a building. Applejack heard a hollow ring when her hooves hit the ground. Okay this is getting a might bit weird but this might just be the only safe place left with all this hullabaloo. Applejack thought as she neared the camp and the hope that she had sank a little. Her four other friends were facing off against five of the behemoths that she knew could easily crush them. Once again, without thinking, her hooves slammed into the ground and in front of her friends, a solid wall of hardened earth formed, but unlike last time, Rarity saw the element of Honesty glow as the earth rose. The other four turned to see a heavily panting Applejack and a surprised Rarity.

“Applejack, what is going on? How did you do that?” Twilight said as the behemoths began to pound on the wall blocking their path.

“I'll explain later. Just stay close to me, and for the love of Celestia, don't move.” Applejack said as she got in between her four friends. Once more, the element of Honesty glowed and the six sank into the ground.

----

“This is all your fault Phena,” The deep voiced mare said with a growl. “They were right in front of you.”

“Oh shut it Kani” Phena said looking at the place where the equestrians sank into the ground. “It seems that not a speck of dirt has moved even after they were drawn in.”

“What do you mean? How could six ponies not leave a hole in the ground after going in it?” Kani said in an annoyed tone.

“That was also one that had no magic, so something else must have caused it.” Phena said as Kani began to walk away. Phena noticed this. “Where are you going?”

“Toa hunting since you've clearly got this covered.” was her reply before sinking into the shadows.

----

Twilight and her friends seemed to be blinded by a bright light after just a few seconds of darkness.

“Is it daylight already?” Twilight asked to nopony in particular.

Once all their eyes were adjusted to the light they saw shades of blue unicorn mares with gold stripes similar to Zecora.

“I think we found the Ce-ponies.” Rainbow said as the Ce-ponies stayed far away from the mane six.

Author's Note:

not much to say other then it came together well