• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,234

Even in Defeat There is Victory

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

And now we are at the end of this part of the story, but what is the twentieth chapter. I hold many secrets, but sometimes I just need to show a few.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter Nineteen: Even in Defeat There is Victory

Icarax felt weak from the light that was all around him. Using his wings and his own curled form to make his escape. Even while he gather the shadow needed he grew weaker. How long had it been since he started this act was unknown to him. He got his portal ready and with his power he finally escaped that place. Icarax himself passed out from his weaken state and power usage, however where the shadow pony landed was the current home of an equestrian evil that had escaped its own bonds.

----

Vultraz geared up his Skyfighter for a bombing run to free Sombra. Aside from Vultraz wanting a powerful ally. He wanted somepony to be in his way so he wasn’t so scared. He hated that he was scared, he was one of the most powerful ponies in this area. He could kill anything without another thought and enjoy the screams of his victims. But now he was that evil overlord that he wanted for so long to be the commander of the horde of creatures that would do vast evil. It scared him so much because what fail was on him, Antroz had yet, in the past week, to contact the fort for an update. Bombs loaded into his his fighter and everything set, Vultraz let go of his fear for a moment and mounted up. He was a psychopath who liked blood on his blade and the look of life leaving the eyes of his victims. But somewhere in his mind a small scared Ta-pony is in a corner rocking himself trying to keep his fears away.

----

The Crystal Empire slept that night in peace but under heavy guard in case of attack and in defence of the visiting royals, allies, and Sombra. Speaking of Sombra the evil former King was bored in his cell. All it was just him either standing or lying down, it was almost making him wish that somepony would blast him in to pieces just to relieve him of this boredom. His guards where that of the batpony variety this night, which he could get behind as a tactical minded pony. Why have a pony that can fall asleep at night watch when you have those that are always awake at night.

Speaking of sleep he felt like getting some shut eye, maybe he would dream of his past the hope he had once had and what could have been had he moved against the tide of destiny. How he and Radiant Hope could have lived and grew old together. Sombra himself had tried to snuff out any light left in his soul but his past shaped him into the monster that came to rule the Empire. All of the mean and hateful things ponies had called him and all the pain the crystal heart caused him year after year, but he could never forget all the times Hope was there to heal him and make him not feel alone. In the end while he had enslaved and cursed the empire it was Hope that was the catalyst that made the Empire vanish and was left alone.

As Sombra began to lay down he noticed something. For a moment both of the guard’s ears seem to turn to a sound, given the bat in the name it did not surprise Sombra, one of them were about to call for any passing guards to check it out as the top of the room was blown up. Lucky for the guards they were quick, Sombra thought it was a bit of a shame as he would have loved to see the falling crystals mame somepony.

The sound of energy bast came to Sombra’s ears as he saw the the guards fall to the ground now getting some cuts from the shattered crystals. This was something the king of all monsters did not think that would happen. Getting up and looking up he saw Vultraz on some type of machine, Sombra could notice that the barrier that was around him was piercing his prison. Ponies might see this as dumb but they had to have some way of feeding him to atleast keep him alive for information. Using his powers he moved his body from the warded cell to the outside, Sombra got a moment to stretch his legs before hopping onto the machine with Vultraz.

----

Mazeka was jolted awake from the explosions, without thinking he rushed out of his room following the guards that ran to the noise. Becoming more awake, while he may be trained to work on little sleep he still had to get his bearings while something like this happen, he noticed the Toa joining into the group rushing to the sound. By the time they got there most of the local guards were shocked to see, the shards of crystal and the bloody forms of the batponies but the one thing that shocked them was the empty cell of the room. By that time the princess and prince had come as well but Mazeka had seen who it was that broke out the prisoner.

“Of course he would do this.” Mazeka said before cursing under his breath. “Vultraz breaking that unicorn out is tactical.”

This confused the other ponies there by what the former scholar was talking about. Which caused the matoran to sigh.

“Vultraz is a shadow pony that is the whole reason I became who I am today. A murder, theft, and all around evil being, he was the reason I even came here.” Mazeka explained to the equestrians. “The only reason for him wanting Sombra is to use him as a fall guy.”

“Why would he do that?” Shining Armor asked.

“One thing I have learned from my encounters with him it is he fears some of the order members.” Mazeka replied. “The tales he told, while I took it with a grain of salt, were sickening. From what he said there was one that collected corpses and used them as a personal army that are unkillable.”

“Sounds horrible.” Luna said in dry tone with a bit of anger. “I must ask why if you know where these monsters are why not just end them.”

“Luna.” Celestia said her eyes glaring at her younger sister.

Luna just huffed and walked away, confusing the non-equestrian royals with this whole thing.

“Sorry, she just has a lot on her mind.” Celestia said before walking away. “I’m going back to sleep, have to raise the sun in a few hours.”

With that medical ponies came to help and treat the injured batponies. Mazeka and his fellow ponies moved aside as the medics used magic to carry the injured ponies past them, it was then that they noticed the looks on Cadance and Shining Armor’s faces. It looked like something that they saw Helryx have when she was stressed and had to soldier on.

“I think we may have to move the crystal fair soon.” Cadance said to her husband. “The heart is weakened from that attack only a few weeks ago. Now this...I have to wonder how much longer the charge will last with all trouble.”

“Don’t worry Cadance, we have to have fate in our people just as they have fate in us.” Shining said comforting his wife. “All this means is less personal time for us, and while I will miss that I would give up sleep just so I could make sure nothing ever harmed you again.” With that the stallion kissed her cheek. A smile came over the mare's face, it was also that moment that Orde motion for the other Toa and Mazeka to follow him.

----

Goldrax was some what happy that the members had assigned him the job of hunting down Twilight and her friends. If not for the infected rahi around he would contact them personally, but that was something that would have to wait. While light did not affect him like the others, Artemis saying that he was a twilight being made some sense now but something in him wanted to be like the others and be heartless and cruel. It made him shudder thinking of those thoughts but that was just something he had to deal with.

Concentrating he found Umbrage and shadowed travel to near where the dragon shade was. Goldrax saw that he was on the outside of a Koro, being smart he blended into the shadow of the tree he had traveled to and watched from his hiding place for his friend and the ponies close to Artemis. It was not long until he saw them, they were moving out of the village. From what he could see Rainbow Dash and AppleJack in front with Twilight and Fluttershy in the middle along with Rarity and Pinkie bringing up the rear. He could also see Umbrage with the sack of masks on his back, but he also noticed that his friend was covered in a cloak. Said cloak looked like it was made for him, which somewhat amazed and confused the Shadow Toa.

----

Twilight and her friends left the Vo-pony village to return the masks to the Toa. Before the group left they asked Fila where they could most likely find all of the toa. She said that they would be at Kini-Nui, Twilight pulled out the map she copied from Takua to get a better direction of where they had to go. Fila was amazed at the lightweight map, and asked how Twilight got it. Of course this was one of the few things Twilight could tell the full truth about, still they got the information and a small marking for Vo-koro. Now they were heading out with Umbrage in tow.

As they headed to Kini-nui the mane six asked Umbrage how he got there. So the dragon started from the beginning as he had to leave Goldrax and tried to follow them but something caused him to grow weak and fell asleep under a tree. The next thing he knew he was in a wooden structure and he smelled something that made his mouth grow wet, acting on instinct he bit down and with a crunch he grew awake and give him strength that seemed to have been beyond him before. It was then he told about what he and Spike talked about and retold the mane six that Discord told him, Spike, and Artemis.

To say the ponies were in a bit of shellshock would be like saying the Deadpool on the cover of “A Comic Relief's Guide to the Fourth Wall and What may come from it.” was not in a party hat with his speech bubble cheering for his movie. Pinkie was the first to recovered from this information.

“Oh wow,” Pinkie said bouncing to AJ. “That reminds me of that time we learn that I was a distant cousin to you.” Before she took a deep breath. “I mean except for the being a former evil dictator who wanted to cause eternal night, that was once apart of an evil alicorn who wish to rule over a hidden world that none of us knew about, and Discord being the other half of this pony.”

Umbrage just had a wide eye look as most of the others just rolled their eyes. AJ had to more or less shake her head in her armor and laugh a bit. While the Apples and Pinkie never learned for sure if they were kin the trip to find out was what makes the baker family in AJ’s mind.

“Ya know I could throw a reunion party for Artemis and Discord.” Pinkie said still riding the train of thought. “Now what to call it; I mean it is something so different and odd that it has to have a name.”

“Pinkie, I think you need to just calm down and just be happy that Artemis met the reformed Discord and not the lord of chaos.” AppleJack said getting a bit of a nod from Rarity while the others just keep going.

“I just can’t believe he is a king.” Twilight said thinking about irony of it a bit. “But I wonder how he did that?”

Just then something in the mask sack began to move and forced the sack out of Umbrage’s claws. Rarity caught it with her magic before it fell to the ground and out the sack came a scroll. This scroll floated over to Twilight and opened in front of her, before it started to fall Twilight caught it in her magic and began to read it aloud.

Dear Twilight and Friends,

If this letter came to you then thoughts of how I became a ruler of this land called to it. To be fair I came here from rumors that I came across in my time checking out the world. When I came here it was like what I did to PonyVille only imagine on fire, stone statues of ponies frozen in horror, and made Tatarrus look like a field of roses. Amazingly I seemed more powerful in this place, must be the chaotic energy of it all, with this I found the then ruler of this land. He laughed and acted like he was a god, knowing me you know I both found it laughable and disrespectful. I would dictate how I beat him but that would be boring as all I did was make a cage that only I knew how to break it. As such the inhabitants thank me and wish for me to rule, and I was surprised by how they took all the chaoticness and craziness. Some even asked me to make it rain chocolate once a month. Hope this helps you until later have fun defeating my other half.


King Discord, Ruler of Karzahni.


The equestrians were somewhat at a loss of words, the irony of this letter was so heavy that it it was a weight then it would be Canterlot Castle with the mountian attached to it.

----

Takua and his company awoke that morning after the celebration of not only defeating the rahi nest, but Pohatu and Onua saving Lewa and Gali. Takua was the last to rise, not because he partied too hard no it was due to him being called in with the Toa to record what happen to them then send word to the other Turaga and Koro leaders as a warning. Both Lewa and Gali could only remember shapes like any ponies they had seen before but they also heard them talking about some.

Something of a amassing of forces and taking out each village with sleeper agents, Takua scribed down on the stone. However there was one that said most of these agents were no longer active and that plan was doomed due to how it would just take one to tip off the leaders and Turaga. The plan that the air and water toa could remember after that was to capture the Toa and corrupt them like Gali and Lewa were.

Takua was scared of this force that was doing this, not only what they could do but how they had remained hidden for so long. That night he had another dream, this was him in a battle of some kind. All around him was his friends and the toa as well as the Twilight and her friends. But what caught his attention was another Toa, this one had a scythe-like weapon and a strange rahi breathing black fire with a white outline. The dream ended with a crack but not without an image of something reaching out and grabbing Takua.

Getting to the dining hall Takua greeted his friends and noticed the Toa had left either during the night or early in the morning. Sitting down Takua turned to Jaller to see if he could tell him where the four Toa went.

“What’s the matter Takua?” Jaller asked noticing his friend’s heavy eyelids. It was not an uncommon site for the captain to see on the chronicler’s face but in all the time that they had traveled, as short as it was, Takua never looked like this. “You look like a herd of Mukau* ran you over.”

“It is just another dream, nothing major.” Takua said brushing it off. “So where did the Toa go?”

“They went to check on the Bo-matoran.” Jaller said still wanting to press on but knows to do so later. “From what I heard they would be back soon.”

Just then Takua saw a pair of ponies that was a rare site to see in the jungle. Matoro and Kopeke had come down from the snowy mountains to the balmy jungle heat. It was not surprising to see Matoro doing something like this, how he got the lone ice carver out of his cave. Takua did noticed the saddle bags on their backs as they walked to Turaga Matau.

As the two of them grew near the elder, Matoro magically pulled a stone tablet out of his saddle bag and gave it to Matau. The pegasus took it in his hoof and began to read the letter, then looked to Takua and his company. The Turaga then motioned for Kongu and Tamaru as well as chronicler and company to follow him and the Ko-ponies.

Taking the hint and with Takua in the lead the ponies moved two by two with the pegasi bringing up the rear, they left the mess hall to the turaga’s hunt and Matau reread the letter.

Matau,

This is sent to you to both inform you and the chronicler as well as his followers, the ponies Vakama told us about have left the Vo-matoran village with a sack of Kanohi masks and a strange Rahi that could speak and understand them. The ponies knew this rahi so it is safe to assume that it means no ill will. However as to how the rahi got the masks is still unknown to us. So make sure nothing has happen to them I wish to ask those that come this far if they were check to see if these are the missing masks that Kopaka had reported missing Kanohi. Matoro will lead you to the location.

-Turaga Nuju

P.s. Matoro take Kopeke with you travel may do him some good.

“That is good to know Turaga but why did you ask-call us here it it was just the chronicle and his crew.” Kongu asked for both himself and Tamaru.

“Simple-plain,” Matau replied looking at the captain of the Gukko force. “They will need someone who is well versed in deep-wood ground-path and one that is high-branch, high-flying, high-jump, and high-lifting if they are to make it safely.”

Kongu and Tamaru nodded in agreement with what the turaga had said, while all but Takua and Matoro were lost in what the turaga had said.

“Kongu and Tamaru are joining us as escorts to the meeting place.” Takua translated to the others.

“I thought I was the only one that could understand what they were saying.” Matoro said giving a bit of a light jab to Takua’s pride.

“After I had to spend a month here just to write down some of the local history for the wall it took another two to translate and learn the code, not like I can understand the clicks and whistles that Turaga Nuju does all that well but I get a few right while we wait for you to return from your hunts.” Takua returning the friendly banter.

With that four more where add to the Company and they were off to Kini-Nui.

----

Blue and Lesovikk were once again on guard duty for the night, Lesovikk pulling the wagon and Blue walking ahead to check the path. Since the attack this is how it had been, Blue would only be near the ponies when they ate or when they rested otherwise the vahki would stay distant. Lesovikk could understand what the machine was going through, his own failings still haunt him in his dreams. From what he heard vahki were smart and could out think even Ko-matoran, the toa of air dared not to guess how many deaths that Blue saw if more rahkshi came and each type.

While Technia had upgraded, Lesovikk recalled the term, Blue with some of his scanning and radar systems from the combined parts of the busted vahki and rahkshi. The toa also noticed how Technia looked after Blue and within a day of defeating the rahkshi she seemed worried about the former enforcer. While the gun-metal gray mare went after the robot Trixie commented on the pair’s relationship.

“You know I can’t tell if Technia treats in like a mother or a long term mare-friend.” Trixie commented which Lesovikk gave a confused look on his face to the terms mother and mare-friend.

“What don’t they have mares where you’re from?” She replied to the look.

“Yes we do.” The nuian^ replied. “But those terms are foreign to me.”

“What to call a mare that you have feelings for and want to be with for the rest of your life?” Trixie inqued. “And the mare the gave you life and took care of you until you grew up?”

“For the first one, I only know it good friends as for the other I could not recall ever having one of those.” Lesovikk replied to a shocked Unicorn.

To his credit Lesovikk is over a hundred thousand years old and his mother was long forgotten to him and time as the matoran born during his time were sent to one of the newly discovered subterranean lands to act as a starting point. Since they were young and love never taught to them they would have no knowledge of those terms.

Lesovikk was brought out of his thoughts by how the robot stop suddenly as if he heard something but the pony heard nothing but the sounds of the forest. Walking up to Blue, Lesovikk spoke his question.

“Why did you stop?” The pegasus asked the still bot.

“Just now a strong magical energy appeared then stopped.” Blue replied his right arm pulled in front of his chest. From it came a projection of a map, there was a line from Ponyville to his current location. “From the maps I scanned from the library it originated from here.” As he said that the map zoomed to a somewhat distant part of Equestria that seemed like not a soul lived there.

“Think it is the base where the rahkshi came from?” The Toa asked seeing the tactical of not having a base that far off from the rest of this country.

“Possible but the magic felt like the energy similar to that of my staffs.” Blue replied. “If something is using that then nothing good could come from it.”

“Should we head that way?” the Air pony wondered.

“I would talk to the girls before I do anything.” Blue said before slouching a bit. “Who knew brooding would be so taxing on my systems.”

Lesovikk shook his head at the vahki, there were times that the pony forgot the being was built and different from how others acted but he almost like a matoran just learning how to acted with somepony new.

----

Antroz wanted to tune out the Spy master’s complaints, but he had to deal with the shadow pony’s rage. It was true that the Makuta made the former stone carver a deal and he has been useful as their eyes on the island but that did not mean he was entitled to be the powers of a toa.

“Word is in my place you got a softy as one of your six shadow Toa.” Ahkmou said at the end of his rant.

Antroz had to agree, Goldrax seemed the weakest of the group but he was the only one to master the use of Shades and make his own weapon, granted he seemed to be more focused on other tasks and not flaunting their power. Icarax was the one to choose the group so that made scents for their personalities, still they have been useful. Even in defeat they gained knowledge of these Equestrians.

“Sorry Antroz, am I interrupting something?” Mutran said coming into the chamber the two had been talking in.

“No,” Antroz said getting a killing look from the shadow matoran. “Ahkmou was just airing his complaints about not being made into a Toa.”

“This not over Antroz, you sack of Kraata scraps.” The rau wearing pony said rage clear in his voice. “You are not going to blow me off like I’m one of those pawns calling themselves Kra-matoran. They are nothing but light drained husks filled with darkness.”

“As you know we have yet to fully implement that method yet.” Muturan said with a minor hint of anger his projects on the line. “Test have shown they are stronger.”

“Like I care ya crazy mad being.” Ahkmou said turning away. “This will not be the last time I mention this.”

With that the shadow pony left the room.

“So what do you need to tell me, Muturan?” Antroz said glad he was done with the headache that was the spymaster.

“Goldrax is following the equestrians, the toa are gathering and we lost the one of air and water, and a rahi noticed a group of matoran from the major villages heading the same way as the other two groups.” the scientist said. “Also Vican had returned with the weapons.”

“Good seen all rahi in the area to attack the groups but I want them alive.” Antroz said thinking about how best to play it out.

“Alright.” Mutran said with a smile on his face.

----

The elements of harmony with Umbrage and Goldrax trailing them arrived first to Kini Nui. When they got there the mask in the sack began to move and shake as by no magic of the Equestrians, dragon, or Kra Toa. The masks flew out of the sack and for the first time the Equestrians saw real kanohi masks, not just the ones ponies wore but the ones that imprinted on their flanks.`Rarity saw the common theme of the masks, as she and Dash were only told of the masks and not shown them beyond cutie marks unlike the rest of the group. The were the same set of twelve with a few missing from each set. These mask moved and seemed to line up with carved masks that was in the sets.

“Has anypony else found it odd how there are is a repeating number of six in all of this, including us?” Rarity asked much to the surprise of the others.

“Is numbers really that important given how this things are just more or less acting on their own?” Applejack replied speaking her confusion of what was going on.

“To be fair the number six has been centered of many things to it is not uncommon.” Twilight said as they saw the masks go under each of the six carved masks.

Just then the mares and the dragon noticed the bushes moving. The elements of harmony ready to attack whatever came out of the bushes. Just then Takua came tumbling over himself, panting and trying to catch his breath the colt had yet to notice his helmet somehow got turned around in his tumble.

The girls and the dragon relaxed a bit with Twilight going to help the unicorn colt fix his helmet.

“Oh hey Twilight,” Takua said now able to see the mare. “ Didn’t think you guys would be here so quick, then again I could say the same of my group.”

It was then that the colt just remembered something, this caused him to hop up and look back where he came from his eyes darting with a worried looked. The equestrians noticed this but before they could ask twelve other matoran seem to fall to the ground and looked exhausted.

“What the hay happen to them?” Rainbow asked looking from the barely moving colts and fillies to Takua.

“On our way here we got attacked by a large group of rahi like the one that attacked Ga-Koro, and we were cornered then suddenly the others started glowing as they were willing to go down swinging.” Takua said noticing movement in distance. “It was something I heard from the Turaga that when we are in mortal danger our magic fields merge and form something that could match a toa in battle, but what happen was so awe inspiring that it scared me.”

At that moment hoards of Rahi began to pour out of the forest. Few and far were bigger than a large timber wolf, but what most of these creatures lacked in size was the natural weapons of claws, fangs, stingers, and muscles. The equestrians form a circle around the exhausted matoran, Takua, and Umbrage. Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow, and Pinkie readied their shields while AJ and Flutter called on some of the elemental powers since they lacked a shield.

Within a split second rahi came at them like a waves of water onto a beach, the ponies pushed back against the rahi and AJ and Fluttershy made pitfalls or whipped water to fight them back. As the battle raged on the other equestrians used their elemental powers to knock out all the rahi that ran at them, but for every one they beat four more take it’s place.

----

Antroz looked over the weapons Mutran had his assistant get from Xia for the Toa Eclipse. A rare earth claw, an electro chute blade, an energy extraction rifle, a firework revolver, and a kanoka blade; all fine weapons in the red and black mutated unicorn thought. The order would modify them for shadow use and then let the remaining Toa fight over them.
----

How long the attack had been going on none of them could say, while the equestrians fought Goldrax stayed in the shadows cursing that he was useless at the moment. If he helped then he would be hunted by the order and still be untrusted by anypony other than Twilight and her friends.

“Why not just kill them all and end this torment, be a being of shadow and be respected by those who have wronged you.” A dark version of his voice whispered in his ear.

He heard this voice more and more as of late, what it said made it sound like the answer to all his problems but he knew it was wrong and that would make him like Antroz or worse Elija. No he had to do something, if not for Twilight and her friends then for Umbrage. He could see his little dragon fighting using dark blue fire to burn anything that came near the barely moving matoran with that Ta-pony fighting alongside his charge, and to be honest son given how he treated the shade.

Wait that is it, he could change his shape and make a mimic that ‘dies’ in a fight with the toa then he could find Artemis and take Umbrage with him. He did just that he made a mimic that looked like himself. Before he did anything else he sent Umbrage a message, tell Twilight that the order of Makuta has another terror that they plan to unleash and that he is sorry for what is about to happen. It was after he sent that message that Goldrax thought of Artemis and faded into the shadows, the mimic did as it was ordered to by it’s master and called a war scythe ready to attack.

As if timing could not be more perfect; a black, a brown, and a green blurs came to the rescues of the assaulted equestrians. After Ouna, Pohatu, and Lewa used the masks of speed to give the six girls breathing room, Tahu, Kopaka, and Gali joined into the fray. It was then the mimic Goldrax began it’s attack. Tahu was the first to see it and engaged it, a fierce battle between the toa of fire and the mimic of a toa of shadow. It was at the moment that all of the Toa Mata fought as one and for others and not just masks that the kanohi on Kini-Nui did magic again and the masks shot to their respected toa causing their masks to become golden and give off a blinding light.

This light weakened the infected rahi and blind the mimic, Tahu took that moment to land a killing blow. The mimic’s eyes grew wide and then it’s body slumped before it began to fade. It was only then that the equestrians saw the mimic Goldrax, not knowing it was a fake, they were a gasp at this. It was then the elements of harmony glowed and a light formed around them before a wave of light freed the rahi destroying the infected kanohi.

Far away from the fight Elija and Onica watched as their ‘brother’ fall in battle.

“What a weakling,” Elija said in disgust and condescending tone. “It took eight of them to freeze me and all it took was bright light and one of them to off him.

“Maybe but was that truly him or a fake that he put in his place?” The silent toa wondered aloud.

“Please he was so weak I bet him making just a shift would have him sweating.” Elija said brushing off Onica’s comment.

After the battle, the twelve matoran were passed out now that the danger was gone. The Toa began talking to the Equestians on how they did that, Twilight’s wings appeared during the harmony blast but she hid them just as quickly, and the girls replied with there story of how they got the element of harmony. Umbrage knew the message he had to relay but he wanted to wait until the two group of six were done talking, so he and Takua sat on the ground looking at the sky.

“Thanks for the help.” The chronicler said to the dragon. “There were a few moments that I thought something was going to get us but you were there to stop rahi from getting us.”

“No problem.” Umbrage said as he had a clue where Goldrax had gone.

----

In the town of Ponyville, in the middle of the night a commotion was heard coming from the library followed by the sound of a yelp and a thud.

----

So ends with a victory for the side of good on the island of Mane Nui, however evil did not fully lose the war for as we speak four threats began to set things in motion. Icarax awoke and found himself in the home of an escaped centaur, Lord Tirek, who tried to drain the mutated pegasus’s magic but found it to be too foul for his taste. Vultraz had Sombra and the two were beginning to plan how to take the Crystal Empire. Blue leading the motley crew to a town that none knew existed to find the strange magic he picked up. And under the island of Mane Nui the Order of Makuta are getting ready to awaken a horde of monsters that none have seen for over a thousand years.

*http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Mata_Nui_Cow
^Ya this is because all Matoran, Toa, Turaga are Mata Nui’s subjects and Nui is a pretty common term on islands

Author's Note:

Got it done, Thanks to all that helped and join me on this ride. Still chapter 20 to do after that I plain on a few more MLP short stories staring Artemis during the three month in story break then beware the swarm