• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,234

A Hard Day's Night

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

Time for a bit of Takua and the Toa since they weren’t in the last chapter.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter six: A Hard Day’s Night

Takua jolted awake from his rest from the voice of his best friend. After those six armored ponies left Ga-koro, he got a ride from Macku back to Ta-wahi and Ta-koro he was put back on guard duty by Vakama who seem to stay in his hut. Takua had been told that he and several other guards were sent to Su-koro in light of the current situation. Takua had been put as far away from the glass factory, so there he stood and soon he fell asleep for a moment. Which lead to now, with Jaller shaking his head.

“Takua you need to stay awake, without the walls like Ta-koro we must stay here and keep the Su-ponies safe.” the captain said to his friend.

“Why haven’t they moved into Ta-koro if it is so dangerous for them out here?” Takua inquired. “I mean there is plenty of space in the village for another three to join without any trouble.”

“We tried to talk them into doing that while you were traveling but they said no so Turaga Vakama said to have us station here. Some more guards were sent near Ko-wahi to stay in touch with them so be happy you were sent here.” Jaller said taking off his helm and if Twilight was there she would have said he looked like her BBBFF. Jaller then turned to his friend with a more relaxed face. “Was anypony hurt in Ga-koro?”

Takua knew what he was asking and who he was asking about. While Takua still felt pain for his best friend choosing her over him it was wrong not to tell him.

“She was a little rough up but she was in good spirits.” Takua said with a grin and Jaller returned the grin. “She asked about you before I returned and I said that you were well.”

“Thanks Takua.” Jaller said as Takua playfully punched his shoulder. “Hey what was that for?”

“Can’t have the captain going soft on us now can we.” Takua said with a cocky grin.

“I’m just as tough as ever.” Jaller said as he threw his helm at the chronicler/guard. Takua tried to dodge but was too slow and was hit by the helm.

“Okay Captain I got ya.” Takua said as he levitated the helm back to his friend.

Jaller put it on and nodded to his friend and went to check on the other guards. Takua straighten up and took more of a soldier stance but once his mind had began to wonder he might as well been asleep.

----

Tahu and the other toa decided to camp near Kini-nui, during that night they each took turns on guard duty, meanwhile the ones still awake would discuss their mission. They agreed to look for the mask together in pairs; Tahu with Kopaka, Onua with Pohatu, and Lewa with Gali. Before Kopaka left for the first watch he and the other Toa once again began to ask about the Equestrians.

“I don't know why you all keep asking me this. They are as much as a mystery to me as they are to you.” the fire toa said as he controlled a small flame of the camp fire.

“Come on firespitter you have been with them the longest and your wise-deep knowing turaga spoke of them.” Lewa said flexing his wings.

“Not to mention the powers one of them has.” Onua said feeling the earth under his hooves.

“Twilight,” Gali said recalling the name that Tahu told her on their way to Ga-koro. “She is the leader of the group and something seemed different about her.”

“How so, sister?” Pohatu asked adding in his two cents.

“I don't know it is just like something was holding back this power.” She said seeing the looks on her brothers' faces caused her to add something. “It felt like one of us.”

Kopaka got up and move away from the camp, not speaking just doing. Just hanging around the ice Toa he could be as cold as his element, but he never spoke ill of any of them. Once out of earshot Tahu spoke again.

“What I'm concern about how he is the only one to see this 'shadow' being, how do we know that he is on our side?” the fire Toa said getting shaking heads.

“Brother, as freeze-cold he is warm-toasty inside. Not everypony shows it but he has as many questions as we do.” Lewa said getting nods from the others.

“He is like his mountain home, seeming like nothing but something is deep hidden away so that only he can see.” Pohatu said remembering running on the snowy mountain.

“I think only his mask can see what laid under his cold exterior.” Onua said cracking a smile.

Only Pohatu and Lewa laugh with him, Tahu did not seem the type to joke and Gali moved to sleep as she was the next one to take watch in a few hours. So the other four followed their sister's example. Meanwhile Kopaka has his own thoughts of the others, he was alone wolf type and yet he got stuck with the most stubborn of the group but it meant finding more about himself then he was willing to do so, no matter what he had to put up with.

----

Trixie was amazed at how willing Lesovikk was to pull her home/stage to her next gig in Baltamare. All that he asked for was a map and a star chart. She of course had said items since she herself would be lost without them, but there was something else that bothered her. Why didn’t he fly since he had wings? Maybe the wagon was too heavy for him. It was then that she noticed that the wagon began to slow, which seemed wrong since there was no way they had made it to Baltamare that quickly. Looking out her window, she saw Lesovikk seemed to be listening for something, but Trixie didn’t hear anything other than an owl somewhere in the trees.

“Trixie would like to know why you stopped.” Trixie said, forgetting she was not on stage and with others. She also saw how Lesovikk did not look at her but at the forest and his helmet glowed for a moment then his eyes seemed to grow larger and the wind seemed to pick up something. coming out of the forest. Well there were two ponies... or one looked like a pony, at least. Trixie could see something on them, and it looked red. At first she thought it was blood, but then she heard a mare's voice.

“First we get run out of that town because of that blasted vahki and then being pelted with tomatoes, now this.” the pony like being looking at the other.

“I'm surprised you haven't stopped complaining about these things and thought of using magic to get us down.” the other one said in a more monotone voice.

“Sorry. It's been a rough couple of days.” the pony said, then neon green magic enveloped them, blocked the wind and lowered the two to the ground.

Lesovikk was surprised to see something like this and added questions to the many still left from their time together. Then quick as a flash Lesovikk was hitting the shields of the two.

“Blue, got any info on this dude? Nopony in Equestria wears armor or has a weapon like that.” the pony said to other being.

“Data found. Subject: Toa Lesovikk, leader of the first team of Toa. He was to be believed dead with his team after not returning to Magna Castle. Element: Air, data recommends that firm grip on the ground and self contained air unit when fighting. Mask: Kanohi Faxon, also known as the mask of kindred. Best chance of victory: an empty, windowless room.” Blue stated as Lesovikk stopped and looked at Blue with shock.

“How do you know all this?” Lesovikk said trying to hold in his rage but not hiding it.

“It has been recovered from units under control of the Order of Makuta. I am not associated with them in anyway shape or form.”

“What is this order that you speak of?” Lesovikk asked as the pony’s head seem to collapse and a gunmetal gray mare with neon green eyes and crimson hair with a gunmetal stripe in it.

“We’ll tell ya if we can get some place to stay for the night.” She said then she noticed Trixie which made her look away from the other unicorn in disgust. “Well, if it isn’t the Great and Powerful Trixie. What did you lie about this time to get his help?”

Trixie for her part was confused on why this pony was acting like this but she had a good idea where the armored pony was from.

“Believe it or not, Trixie did no such thing. He only said that Trixie looked like someone he knew.”

Technia rolled her eyes and moved to make camp with the Toa and robot just looked on in confusion.

“You know what is the problem with them?” Lesovikk asked the vahik.

“I will tell you once the two are out of audible range.” Blue replied.

----

Spike had made it back to his home and noticed that the guards were all knocked out. Here he had two choices send a letter to the princesses or rush in there like a hero. He wanted to write to them but his ink and paper are in the house so he had to be a hero. Spike slowly walked up to the house and cracked the door open and he heard the sounds of a fight going on but he couldn’t see where it was but he heard a male voice that made him feel ill.

“Fight it all you want more will just come until you are not even able to lift your eyes.” Spike heard it say with a chuckle on the end. “Once I have you again you shall see why you never cross me.”

Spike was about to run into the library and do his best to defend Artemis and the CMC when the sound of armor moving caught his ear. With a gulp he turned around and what looked like the guard’s armor appeared behind him, they were steel black and had blue eyes with crimson detailing. Spike did what he knew his best way to defend himself. With a deep breath he shot fire at the armored creatures, at first they seemed to be hindered by this but they kept coming towards him. Spike notice this and had to think of something fast. Once he cut his fire off he clawed at the armor and noticed that a few that still had fire on them disappear. With this in mind he began to claw and spit small flames at the creatures, Spike knew they might try and do something so he took out as many as he could and high tailed it to the door. He locked it and ran to where he heard the voice from while outside, but not before he grabbed a quill, ink, and paper. When he got to the door he saw Owlowiscious there dodging two creatures that looked like Artemis, an armored pony that must have been Artemis blasting more creatures, the CMC being defended by that being from early that changed colors, and the crimson and black pegasus that Artemis spoke of. For some reason his left eye was bleeding. Spike did not speak, he just acted and spat fire at the pegasus only for it to stop.

“A young dragon, I must say that was unexpected but I guess you'll try to be a hero?” The pegasus said with sarcastic tone.

“Nope just distract you.” Spike said as he blew the page with fire.

“Really and what is that?” Icarax said as he slowly walked towards the young dragon. “You have no idea who you are dealing with.”

“Nor do you.” A voice foreign to the order member called out and then a bright light shone in front of him. He cried out in pain as he used his wings for cover, while the creatures but the one defending the CMC dissipated from the light. Princess Celestia used her light to blind and stop Icarax in his tracks, while Princess Luna appeared behind the pegasus and used a spell trap that would make it so the light of her sister would keep him at bay.

“No! How are you doing this you were too far to know about this!” Icarax said as used his good eye to see the motley crew of being.

“We have our ways.” Luna said she went over to check on both Artemis and the CMC. “Are you alright young one?”

“We're fine Princess Luna we had Artemis and our new friend to protect us.” Scootaloo said moving the sliver shift forward which looked nervous.
“So this is one of the intruders that where in your dreams daughter.” Luna said giving the shift a angry glare.

“Yes it is,” Artemis said as the shadow armor vanished off of her. “I think I know what it is.” The others looked at the younger alicorn as she approached the shift. “I've been hearing a monotone voice a little more than a whisper when I was near it and wrote it off as the wind but then Icarax attack and it protected rather than attack. Now tell what you wanted shift.”

The others saw the shift begin to move and do gestures that didn't make any sense but Artemis seem to nod and comment every now and then. After a few minutes the shift stop and all eyes turned to Artemis.

“So what was that all about?” Sweetie asked confused like everypony else.

“It said that it was trying to warn me about the other shades.” Artemis replied as she waited for more questions.

“Artemis,” Celestia said much to the surprise of Luna and Artemis. “I wish for you to come with me and Princess Luna back to Canterlot Castle while we interrogate Icarax. It is clear that you are the only one who can communicate with them, perhaps they can tell us the order's motivation.”

Artemis understood what her aunt was asking, or it may have been a subtle order, for her to be back in the castle and only be used as a translator for them. Her mother noticed this and was about to intervene but Artemis spoke for herself.

“Aunt Celestia this shade has no information on the order as Icarax made it to act as an infiltration to turn me. Plus it is rare, according to it, that a shade develops a identity above the normal one.” Artemis said in a calm tone. “Plus it has grown attach to me and has change so it is not a pure shade.”

That raised a few eyebrows.

“What do you mean by that dear?” Luna said still not liking the shade.

“Shade are made of shadow energy as such they tend to stay out of the light, but this one has been slowly absorbing light energy and became somewhat balanced.”

At this point Artemis was getting blank stares from the CMC, while the princesses and Spike saw the connection. Luna walked over to her daughter and hugged her with her wing. Artemis returned the hug and winked mother.

“Sister I believe it is time to go and lock this demon away.” Luna said walking away from Artemis and back to Celestia.

Celestia didn’t say a word but used her magic to raise the trapped order member. In a flash of light Icarax, Celestia, and Luna disappeared leaving the CMC, Artemis, and Spike there.

“Well that was a crazy day.” Spike said as he notice the sun going down from the front windows.
“Ya and it only gets crazier from here on.” Artemis said as the shift hung near her.

“What makes you say that?” Sweetie Belle asked. “I mean that pegasus is locked up and he can’t harm you or any of us.”

“For every evil that is defeated another will take it’s place.” Artemis said as she thought of her own past.

“He still deserves to go through the pain that he made my family go through.” Scootaloo said with a bitter tone.

“Icarax would just laugh if somepony tried to do that.” Artemis said having spent far too long for her taste with that sick pony. “Shadows don’t feel pain only anger.”

“Then what about you? You have the same powers as he does.” Scootaloo said narrowing her eyes at the alicorn.

“No.” Artemis said with a relaxed tone and body. “I take after my mother than that monster’s shadow.”

“Wait what do ya mean ‘monster’s shadow’?” Apple Bloom inquired.

Artemis took a deep breath and spoke, “Listen it has been a long day and we have school tomorrow. I Pinkie promise to tell you.”

“Cross your heart and hope to fly.” Sweetie Belle said doing the motions.

“Stick a cupcake in your eye.” Scootaloo finished.

Artemis recited the promise and the CMC left for their homes. Once Spike shut the door he noticed that Artemis looked down, he walked over and hugged the young alicorn. Artemis didn't shy away from it but looking at the shade she sighed and said to herself.

“I wonder how they'll feel to have Nightmare Moon as a friend.”

----

The sun was dawning over the island of Mata Nui, the toa were moving out to search for their masks and to defeat the shadow the hung over the island. Takua and other matoran are either waking up from or on their way to sleep. While in Ce-koro the Toa Eclipse hide in buildings of the village and watched for the equestrians to appear and like any other time, except when forced to, Goldrax was stationed by himself.

“Come on Goldrax you got to cheer up.” The gray and black baby dragon said trying to get the pegasus to smile. “You've got me somepony to talk to and care about what you mean.”

“I don't know,” the shadow Toa said with a sigh. “If one of these ponies are her, can I really harm her?”

“In my short time with you I've seen you're not a killer Goldrax,” the dragon said patting him on the front leg.

While two were having a moment six sets of eyes notice the two from the shadows.

“Is that Spike?” Rainbow asked in a whisper.

“No it can't be,” Twilight replied with her eyes still on the dragon. “He is still back home.”

“The took Artemis so why couldn't they take him for ransom? That guy must be his guard.” Rainbow said moving to sneak up on the two. “I buck the guard in head and you guys get Spike.”

“Wait Rainbow I can just do a sleep spell and then we can take them back to the safe room.” Twilight said as her horn glowed.

“Fine.” Dash said with a bit of a pout.

Twilight cast the spell and Goldrax fell to the ground with the dragon rushing over to him. Twilight and Rarity levitated the two back towards them while RD, AJ, Pinkie, and Fluttershy made sure none of the others noticed them. The dragon was fighting the magic but they were able to make it back to the Ce-ponies.

Author's Note:

Challenge for you guys where will all the kanohi be located for each Toa Mata and what toa should they be teamed up with to get it? I will post this on the forum in Bionicle crossover as well as here.