• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,234

Order's orders

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

It has been a few days since I wrote any of this story. Time to get to it.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter 5: Order’s orders

The two groups of ponies had yet to move near each other. Every time the group tried to go near the Ce-ponies, they stepped back, but the room seemed too small for the Ce-ponies to keep going farther back.

“This is strange.” Twilight said as she tried walk forward but she did not seem to move, even if her legs told her otherwise. “There are no illusion spells, but something is messing with my sense of direction and space awareness.”

“Less egghead explanation, please?” Dash said adding the last part from the looks her friends gave her.

It took a moment for Twilight to think of what Ce meant, Ce must tie into their powers as toa but what does Ce means, then she faced hoofed. Something caused me to see something that isn’t there and movement is a part in the cerebellum. Ce must have something to do with perception of movement.

“The Ce-ponies must have some way of controlling the cerebellum in our brain.” Twilight said to the confused look of her friends.

“I think you had us up until the cerba thingy.” Dash said this time getting nods from her friends, except Pinkie who had somehow got next to the Ce-ponies.

“Twilight is right, these are Psonic ponies. Which means they have the ability to use their minds to defend themselves from others, and they have mind shields so nopony can read their minds.” Pinkie said holding “A Comic Relief’s Guide to the Fourth Wall and What May Come From it”.

“How did she do that?” one of the Ce-ponies said out of fear of these strange armored ponies.

“Chapter five: A fool’s guide to mind powers and how to overcome them.” Pinkie said as a golden glow enveloped the book. “Hey horn off the book.” Pinkie said flicking the Ce-pony that horn and put her book back into her inventory.

“This one is strange. She can block us out but she seems to be an open book.” The Ce-pony who had their horn flicked said, rubbing it.

“That’s Pinkie Pie for ya, you never know what she’ll do.” Applejack said noticing that the room seemed to shrink. “Has anypony noticed the room get smaller?”

“We have distorted the room so you couldn’t harm us, even if you meant to.” another Ce-pony explained.

“Not to sound rude dear, but how can we tell you apart.” Rarity asked pointing out how similar the Ce-ponies looked..

“The way our stripes are is the easiest way.” another Ce-pony said.

“I think we should talk about stuff before you explain why you all are down here.” Twilight said as everypony started to loosen up.

----

Goldrax was getting his butt handed to him. His opponents were tall bipedal shades in light, black armor with spikes coming off their forearms, blue eyes hidden behind a gunmetal plate with a crimson scarf around their necks, the silver insignia was on their backs like a symbol of a clan. At first, he thought he could handle these shades as training partners, but then they began to do things that he never saw before like fireballs out of nowhere and summoning others. His Toa tool, a war scythe, was in front of him with one of the shades standing on it.

Goldrax was frustrated because this was the tenth time since he and Elija had returned to the base. He knew part of it was his inexperience, but he also wanted to talk to her again. Who was she, and this other land where her family controls the sun and the moon?

“...you’re different. While I was quiet, I looked into your memories. You were kind and respectful to others even if they were a pain in the flank to you, as such you are not pure shadow. You are like me, a being not of light or of shadow. We are what we choose. Don’t forget that.”

“Was that all a dream or was it real?” Goldrax thought as he began to rise and started shooting shadow bolts at the shades that stood on his weapon. “Am I different from the others or was it all a lie and I am nothing but a weakling?”

As that thought came to his mind, his shadow powers enveloped him in an aura and began to form into something that made the other shades react. The shadow aura rose, becoming a black western dragon with cobalt eyes and a silver crescent mark on its chest. It gave out a roar causing the other shades to back off. Goldrax used this break to call his weapon back to himself and used a golden aura to swing and jab the shades that tried to dodge the stallon. The dragon left his body and went for shades farther away while the pegasus attacked the ones near him.

The shades began to move their hands in quick motions and weapons appeared to those that survived the first attack from the Toa and dragon. Flames came from the mouth of the dragon as several shades tried to defeat it, while Goldrax was dispatching those that tried to attack him. By the time Goldrax and the dragon finished, they were the only beings left in the room. Goldrax's shadow aura faded and the dragon seemed to shrink into a dragon similar to Spike. Goldrax had returned to his seneses and noticed the young dragon near him.

“Where did you come from little fella?” Goldrax asked the black dragon.

“I came from you.” It said with high but tenor voice. “You want to have somepony to talk to and prove that you are not just a weakling.”

“That still doesn't answer how you came to be you.” Goldrax pointed out.

“I don't know either, but since I am a shade, or something like a shade, all I can guess is that when you gave me a form, you also put in your want to have somepony who you can relate to, Goldrax.” The dragon replied.

“But how did you change forms? You were huge just a moment ago.”

“It might have something to do with your shadow powers.” the dragon went into a thoughtful stance. “I was large when you had an aura around you and now I'm this size when you’re normal.”

Just then, the two heard somepony yelling about something and heading their way. Goldrax looked a bit unnerved by this since he did not know how the order would react to the young dragon appearing out of nowhere. When he wanted to speak to the dragon about this, he was gone.

“Okay I'm losing my mind here.” Goldrax said to himself.

“No you're not.” the dragon's voice said out of nowhere. “I just returned to you for safety.”

Goldrax wanted to contest this, but who would show up but Elija with his condescending tone in tow.

“Come on, weakling. The order has called a meeting to deal with both those toa and the six unwanted arrivals from the other continent.” Elija didn’t even look at the other shadow toa.

Dismissing this Goldrax sighed, “Fine.”

As the two shadow Toa left the room, they failed to notice a set of golden eyes watch them leave.

----

Antroz was not pleased, not pleased at all. According to the shadow Toa that had returned from Ce-koro, these six equestrians had some elemental power much like Toa. To add to this, they had no clue to where these ponies were. If Icarax had been in his, place half the base would be in ruins from his rage. Speaking of the pegasus, Antroz need to check on him after this. For now the leader of this group had to focus on the here and now. All around him was all of the order but two of the shadow toa, once those two got there, they could begin discussing how to rid the island of these six equestrians.

The toa came in time and with that the meeting began.

“As you may have heard, the beings responsible for breaking into Icarax’s fortress and taking an important item have appeared on the island.” Antroz looked over the group. “They were last seen in Ce-koro, according to Phena and Kani, one of them had the ability to move earth. They seem to have ties to the Toa. Our task is clear: we find these ponies and learn how they came to be on this island.”

“Why don’t we just kill them? Those are other resources we can use to do more productive things.” Gorast said with almost everypony agreeing.

“They are worth more to us alive than dead.” Mutran said, getting nods from Vamprah and Krika. “How did they get here if their homeland is across the world and so shortly after the Toa arrived?”

“As much as I hate to agree with him, Mutran is right. We learn how they got here and then we kill them.” Chirox said with all the order members agreeing with him.

“I say we send out the Eclipses to the village and wait for them to appear.” Mazia said, once again the others agreed.

“I agree with all of your ideas.” Antroz said nodding to his fellow order members. “Toa Eclipse, you are hereby charged to watch these village until they appear again.”

Without question the Toa Eclipse did as they were told.

----

Spike was questioning why he agreed to look after the animals at Fluttershy’s cottage. He just spent six hours feeding bears, vultures, birds, all the other animals, and Gummy. That last one was just weird, then he went over the checklist with Angel so he would know what to do the next time he came over. Now he was on his way home, taking the walk as time to think of the crazier stuff that had been happening lately.

“I’m starting to wish that meteor never appeared.” Spike thought as walked, not hearing the sounds of a propeller coming near him. “Then Twilight would be here safe and we would be at Sugarcube Corner having...” With a loud knock Spike was on the ground rubbing his head.

“Tank watch where you’re flying.” Spike said looking up at the flying tortoise then as he got up he realised something. “Tank why aren’t you with Scootaloo?”

The tortoise just turned and flew towards the library. Sometimes, Spike wished that he could talk to other reptiles that weren’t dragons, but this was enough to tell him that the CMC were with Artemis. He was about to follow when something grabbed him from behind. Acting out of instinct, he let out some dragon fire and to his surprise the thing caught fire. From what he could tell it looked similar to him but was all black with only soulless blue eyes. Spike, being who he was turned and ran home keeping an eye out for that copy.

As he ran he began to think “What the heck was that thing and why did it look like me?” Then he remembered something: the thing had a symbol on it like the thing that attacked Artemis. “This can’t be good.” Then a smell came to his nose.

“Oh come on,” Spike recalled it in a heartbeat. “What are they doing here?”

The creaking of the timberwolves made him pick up his pace and he began to yell for help.

----

Artemis and the CMC were looking at the silver creature to see what they could learn from it. So far they have learned that it can use shadow powers like Artemis and it’s arms seemed to change into different things. Before they could try anything else the guard ponies came into the room.

“Sirs, what is going on?” Artemis asked as the creature seem to stand in front of the CMC in a defensive stance.

“Your Grace, we must order you to release the creature” one said with a neutral face.

“Why? It has not harmed anypony since its color change. And on whose orders?” Artemis said.

“Mine.” A voice that Artemis knew all too well spoke up.

Out of the shadow in a corner, Icarax appeared and the guards turned into solid masses of shadows. In that moment, an army of creatures that none of the young ponies have seen before appeared. Scootaloo was trying to rush and attack Icarax but Sweetie Belle and Applebloom held her back. Artemis’s own shadow powers flared, giving her a more nightmarish shape.

“Oh, how cute you must look.” Icarax said in a sarcastic tone. “With your friends on the island, you can not escape me, and I have the pleasure of hearing the sounds of young victims as I burn this place down.”

“I will not allow you to come even an inch closer to them, Icarax.” Artemis said as her eyes turned white and her shadow aura began to form armor. Her armor looked like that of the night guards but lacked the fin on top of the helmet with a face guard and was a silver color with black detailing. “I'll make sure of that.”

“Oh so just so because you can use shadow makes you a master. Your ignorance is laughable but I'll break that before we're done.”

As the two rushed towards each other, Owlowiscious flew into the room to see what all the noise was about. The moment that he saw that something was off about the crimson and black pegasus he flew above Artemis and went straight for his eyes. His talons clawed at the crimson eyes of the order member, Icarax turned his focus to the owl attacking him which allowed Artemis to not only hit him head on, but knock him over to the corner he appeared from covering his left eye as green blood dripped from it.

“What are you worthless creatures doing? Get her!” Icarax said to the two former shaped guards.

At that moment the two seemed to morph into dark forms of Artemis and charged her.

----

Spike was able to warn, and by warn ment yelling at the top of his lungs, the town of the Timberwolves that were coming. Almost everypony lock their doors and barred their windows, the only ponies that were even still out was three that Spike could not recall where he had seen before. One looked like a DJ he knew but they lacked the glasses, the other looked like she was from Canterlot, and the last one seemed the mane of the first and the coat of the second.

“Vinyl why aren’t we running?” the second one asked the first one.

“Because I’ve got this,” Vinyl said as her neon blue magic summoned a black. “Little dragon dude you might want to move.”

Spike kept running towards them as the front of the box slid open to reveal five speakers, four tweeters at the corners with a subwoofer in the middle.

“That can’t be good.” Spike thought running into an alley.

“Tavi, Wubsy. cover your ears.” Vinyl said right before she pushed the button on top of the box. The moment she touched it, a highly compressed sound wave hit the wolves shattering them into a pile of wood. Even some of the shadows were destroyed by the music coming from the box and during all of this, Vinyl bobbed her head.

Spike had to calm himself, but he had to cover his ears due to the volume of the sound. He was however thankful for those three for being here. Then his mind went to the shadows and he knew where to go.

---

Trixie was impressed how diligent Lesovikk was with his job, even if he was wearing strange armor. The two had been talking to each other to learn about each other, but Trixie started to noticed how Lesovikk never spoke about his home or family, which bothered her.

“So Lesovikk where do you come from?” Trixie asked him for the tenth time.

Lesovikk finally decided to not avoid it any more, it was time for half truths.

“I lost my home a long time ago and since then, my friends are no longer around, from that time til now I’ve traveled searching for something. I might have found it here.” Lesovikk added a small smile under his helmet.

Trixie, being a stage actor, noticed how he seemed to have put on a show for her, but she just let it slide because she too had her own demons to hide.

----

Twilight was infatuated with whom the Ce-ponies were, studying others to see what made these ponies tick and how they interact to the world. The equestrians came from a place where they are in control of everything. But here, they don’t control anything, but they survive mostly on their own with only trade to connect them.

“It seems like we have a common goal.” One of the Ce-pony named Cué said after the two groups talked for a bit.

“Ah still don’t get why you didn’t tell the others about the order.” Applejack said voicing a point that she was still mad about this whole deal.

“We were ordered not to speak of it.” Cué said looking from one corner to another.

“Order of Mata Nui, right.” Twilight said knowing that fact.

“Yep.”

“I’ve got to ask what is up with them. Why haven’t they stopped these shadow guys yet?” Dash said, stretching her wings. “I mean if they come here, why not get rid of these guys?”

“The Order of Makuta are not the only threat to this island and the few other places of our race.” Cué said much to the shock of the Equestrians.

“When can we leave this box? It is too small.” Rainbow said still trying lift off the ground.

“We have three hours so I think it is best for us to sleep.” Cué offered to the group.

After the day everypony had, sleep sounded good. So each group laid down and tried to rest. Little did they know, they would need it.

Author's Note:

The dragon shade with Goldrax came from GH152 and Bio approved of them. So now we have another dragon that looks like Spike in an organization known for kidnapping, ya there can be no misunderstanding at all.