• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,234

Toa's Second Night

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

Alright time for toa mata and a bit of a continuation of last chapter.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter Ten: Toa’s second night

Antroz looked down at the shadow toa with a displeased look added to his scowl, here was a harbinger of the ultimate evil and destined ruler of all the is known laying in a room instead of hunting down the Toa that were progressing ahead of the plan.

“What are you doing?!” The red shadow user said, his anger flaring his shadow. “You are to be out there hunting down the Toa and bring their broken bodies back to us so we can drain them of their elemental energies to free our leader.”

Goldrax had a scared look on his face, but did not voice what his face was conveying; just taking the verbal beat down, as powerful he and his fellow shadow Toa are they lack experience that the order members have and it would be unwise to talk back to them.

“Get out there and don’t come back without one of them on your back!” Antroz said not caring where he sent the shadow Toa away with a mass of shadow consuming him. Antroz just walked away from the space that once had a Toa of shadow in it.

“Antroz was that really necessary.” Mazia’s voice came from his right. The brown and black shadow user walked out of the dark shadows that lead to her chambers. “After all he did disappear for most of the day, who knows he might have just escaped from that order memeber that we have been hunting here on the island.” She said walking around the current leader even rubbing her tail under his muzzle.

This action annoyed the red unicorn and just kept walking. “So what have your spies been able to inform you about the whereabouts of the six Toa?” He said, knowing that the female was more sadistic than she let on.

Mazia’s creepily happy voice changed to a much more serious tone. “The Vo-ponies directed the fire and ice toas to the north of the village where they found the fire’s kanohi Pakari before several rahi attacked them.” Her face went to a crossed look. “A group of matoran from Po, Ta, and Ga-koro along with the rock and stone toas stopped your agent’s plan. As for the air and water toas you seem to know about them.”

“Yes they are much more of a pain than anticipated and then the Equestrians that seem to have disappeared from the island.” Antroz said as he headed to the central chamber. “Also we have gotten word from Icarax’s base, it seems that he got himself captured and Vultraz is now in command of it.”

“I always liked that pony,” Mazia said in her normal voice. “That shadow pony has a heart black as any of us.”

----

Takua found himself once again in a stone hut in Po-Koro, only this time he was choosing to sleep as opposed to using too much magic and knocking himself out. Jaller, Hahli, Hafu, and himself got back after helping Toas Pohatu and Onua get rid of the infected comet balls. Before he went to sleep he thought back to the pony that seemed to be the one selling the infection.

When the group from Ta and Ga-Koro arrived from the sea and a trek to the village, they saw that some ponies were still up and walking around. They even saw a tan pony with light brown at the tips of the hooves and a black mane with a black kanohi rau selling kolhii balls, they would later find out that this was the reason for the infection. Jaller, Kapura, and Takua went to Turaga Onewa while Macku and Hahli went to check on Hewkii. While Jaller and Kapura discussed how they could find the traitor, Takua noticed a stone item near the kolhii ball sellspony. Using his magic he pulled it over to him and got a better look of it, looking at it he could see the symbol of a village but it was too rough to determine what the symbol was. It was then that to Toa appeared in Onewa’s doorway. Takua saw that they had just came from a fight, which they then spoke of how the used their main masks together to send it the tunnel stalker flying and found a noble huna that was Turaga Whenua color. They came for information on this and any other kanohi location before they noticed the three matoran not native to the village. After learning this they listened to the elder tell them what was going on, once this was told to them they decided to look into this and put a stop to it. It was then that Takua revealed that he got this strange stone item and pointed that he noticed it hidden by the kolhii ball seller but noticed he had left the stand with not one ball left. It was also aside from the carvers and a few visiting merchants that were brave enough to come to this plagued village were the only ones not sick. Putting the facts to together they had to find the seller.

This was the point that Hahli came rushing in saying that Macku was getting sick like Hewkii after she touched the Kohlii. Kapura choose to stay in the village in case the seller came back. With that the two Toa and three matoran headed out. When they asked one of the carvers, ‘Master Carver’ Hafu, that said that he saw Ahkmou, the seller, head to quarry for some reason. Not knowing where that was, even Pohatu since he was only been around for a few days and the mask blurred the area around him, Hafu would lead them to the place. Once there they found that the stone thing was a key that connected to a secret base with Kohlii balls that seemed freshly coated in something. They heard a noise and a Nui-Jaga appeared and used it’s tail spitting venom at the matoran before Pohatu ran in front of it. The Toa took the full blast of the venom only blinding him temporary. Jaller noticed the columns were the only things holding the roof above them and came up with a plan, which Ouna would smash the columns while the four matoran direct Pohatu so that the Nui-Jaga focus on him. Without any better suggestion they went with that plan. It was more or less a success with just as the last of the columns destroyed and Pohatu’s sight returned they made a run for the exit.

With all that day done and his thoughts turned back to sleep and drifted away.

----

Vakama awoke in his own dream, not an uncommon thing given his past, he noticed that it was his old forge and he was young once again. Knowing that he had control he began to practice his old art like it had not been a thousand years since he lacked material need to craft items that the matoran no longer knew of. Taking a thick protodermis disk and a firestaff he began to work on another mask that would never see reality. He thought back to meeting Twilight and her friends, he saw a bit of himself in that violet mare from when he was a younger pony. With this thought in his head he began to shape the disk into that of a helmet. The room bathed in the glow of the forge still held an area of darkness where a set of green eyes with a lime green slit iris.

“You know that it is easier to talk to me in the light.” Vakama said as he continued to shape the mask. “Why hide yourself to me when I know you are my reason for being more forward thinking?”

“You know that the light is not my place. The shadows are my home as they once were yours.” The beast said still in the dark reflection of the Ta-pony’s voice as he continued to work. “I see you can’t sleep anymore since you are here.”

“You know that rest is only for those that can afford it.” Vakama said before he placed a visor over his eyes and his firestaff began to spark and cut on the the now hollow sphere putting an artist touch into it as well as the normal things that came from making kanohi. “Dreamless sleeps and talking to you are my ways of dealing with stress, besides the audio spell will wake me when there is trouble.”

With that neither of the two spoke again as the sounds of the kanohi forge and firestaff filled the room.

----

Lewa and Gali set up camp between Le and Bo-Koro after collecting a total of fifteen kanohi masks, adding the masks that identified as their own, they began to set up a small camp with food from the bo-matoran growers.

“Sister, you seem to be in deep-thought. What is troubling you?” Lewa said noticing that she was looking away from the fire pit that lite the area.

“I keep thinking of the ponies I met back in my village.” Gali said looking in the way she felt the pull of the ocean. “I notice that all were mares like me, and yet they acted like my brothers.”

“Now that lie-bad,” Lewa said shaking his head. “I know-nothing about those deep-thoughts they are wrong-turn, we are toa-heroes this means that even in deep-dark times we are there as a team.”

Neither of them notice the red eyes of a pony watching them or the faint balloon shaped mark on the toa of air.

----

The shadow toa that was watching the pair was white and black earth pony with a kanohi arthron, or the great mask of sonar, in normal shadow toa armor taking notes of them. He had been following the pair since he and the other shadow Toa were dismissed from Ce-koro since they could not find the Equestains and then Goldrax went missing. Most of the group were more upset that they were going to miss torturing the new ponies then their missing teammate. Just then a mass of shadows appeared near the toa of shadow and what appeared out of it was the missing teammate. Goldrax did not say anything since he was still in a bit of shock by the anger that he saw on Antroz’s face. It took him a moment to notice his fellow toa.

“Still giving me the silent treatment?” He asked getting up but knowing it was best to keep his voice down.

“Not at all,” the other toa replied in a dull voice. “We just have nothing to talk about.”

“Atleast you aren’t a jerk about it, Onica.” Goldrax said to him.

It was then that Goldrax saw the two that Onica was watching, the Le and Ga-pony that had armor akin to their own. Not saying it out loud but he could guess that these were two of the Toa that his group was to be hunting. Putting on a facade of a normal shadow pony.

“So what do know about them so far besides they are powerful and general stuff.” Goldrax said with a serious inflection in his voice.

“They have a bag of kanohi so we do not know what they will pull on us so we are to track them.” Onica said as he saw the Ga-pony laid down for sleep. “I’m going to get something to eat you say here and watch them.”
With that Onica used shadow travel to leave Goldrax alone with his thoughts and Umbrage, who decided to stay where he was, as they began to telepathy talk to one another.

“So those are the Toa Antroz wants.” Goldrax thought to his friend. “They don’t seem to be that tough.”

“The order was wanting them just for the elemental powers that Toa has so they could awaken the Makuta. Which is why they gave it dead or alive orders.” Umbrage said acting more like someone reading off a piece of paper then a two day old shade hybrid. “Whoever that dragon with Artemis was is smart since I can’t figure this out, or their plan is just too simple and I can put two and two together.” The last part was done with an inflection that Twilight would note that was similar to Spike when he was being blunt.

“So make sure that none of the Toa get caught or killed. Sounds simple.” Goldrax thought to his friend/charge.

----

Celestia’s sun was just raising over the forest that Technia, Blue, Lesovikk, and Trixie stayed in for the night. Before all the ponies went to sleep Technia agreed to not speak ill of the blue unicorn but never to trust her. Both Lesovikk and Blue took it as progress and took guard duty from the creatures that hunt at night. About half way through the night Lesovikk fell asleep leaving the vahki to sort data, like he did every time he was the only thing function. Using images that were from the time he and Tech found the vahki he began to run down the six types of his ‘species’. From what he could tell it was a bit of a patchwork of all of them. He could identify at least twenty parts that came from the different types.

“The question is did it repair itself over time or was it constructed?” One of the thoughts asked.

“Given Equestrian technology the last one seems to be false.” Came the logical response.

“Having only seen small towns and places that have been away for a thousand years renders the tech levels as unknown so the previous thought is invalid.” Another thought came from his location and navigation data told him.

Blue was so focus on his search that he failed to notice the fact the sun was rising and visual of the world came back into his processor to which he stood up and began a physical diagnostics for any stiff joints and minor damage. During this he saw Trixie wake up and went to relieve herself in private, when she got back and noticed that Blue had taken his left arm off to check the servo in his shoulder.

“Why is your arm on the ground?” Trixie asked a bit panicked as the robot used the tools in the detached arm’s storage unit.

“The joint in my shoulder was outside of acceptable parameters for speed so I am checking the arm and port to see why that is.” Blue said as he began to check the functions on the arm. He noticed that the thumb was not functioning as quick as the others he made a note of these.

“Okay,” Trixie said still confused by the terms that the robot was using but did noticed the piece of something where the arm was meant to be. “You seem to have some foliage in there.”

Blue noticed the green organic a bit that he failed to note, possible because he was working on his arm, but this might mean that he had to be cleaned and disassembled for awhile while Technia cleaned him.

“Thank you for your observation Miss Trixie.” Blue said pulling the foliage out of the socket and then replaced his tools into his arm and reattach it.

It was about this time Lesovikk and Technia woke up and began to stretch after sleeping on the ground. Technia felt the need to spend some time out of the suit that she had been wearing for three days now, with a bit of her neon green magic to cause the full body suit to fold and compacted into a saddlebag on her back.

“Much better.” Technia said as her joints popped by being free of the suit. It was then that Technia’s mood switched from happy to dislike, hate would be a better term but she had to restrain herself, seeing Trixie near Blue. For some reason, and not only for her general dislike of Trixie even if that was a factor, but to her Trixie was like all the kids at her old school. Those that just wanted to be the center of everypony’s focus and use them just to throw them away. Blue noticed the look on Technia’s face to which he got up and talked to her.

“Tech, due to my design being made for city combat I request that while Miss Trixie and Toa Lesovikk head to their destination that we begin to clean all foreign matter from my body.” Blue said knowing time for the pair to talk in private would be better for the technologic unicorn.

“If that would not trouble her if we use her wagon for that.” Technia said looking towards the blue unicorn.

“Not at all.” Trixie said as she put on a bonafied smile.

Technia just took it for and followed Blue into the wagon.

----

Tahu and Kopaka made camp near the border of their two wahis. Both noticed how hard headed the other was and also how well they worked together. They were not the most talkative of the toa but they still had their moments.

“What is with the cold demeanor?” Tahu asked a bit annoyed that they were having a staring contest for no reason. “I mean I get the ice thing but you seem to just be like that since we met.”

“I could say the same thing about your hot head, firespitter.” Kopaka replied even cracking a smile under his helmet.

“So it does have a sense of humor.” Tahu replied a bit miffed at the slang term for his tribe.

It was then they both felt something move in the area, due to the change in the temperature from the air, both turned and saw a dimgray coated unicorn matoran with gray eyes and light black tips on his silver mane and tail. Both of them noticed the kanohi on his flank, iden to those of the island, and how it was dark gray. Before either of them could say a word the matoran ran away, they decided that they would follow where he went later for now they choose who would be on watch for the night.

Author's Note:

Yes got it done in a month again check out Blaze,Bio, andgh152 they are awesome people also check this out it gave me a neat idea. For what reason you will just have to wait