• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,235 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the masks - Toa Coy



This is the continuation of My Little Bionicle: Destiny is magic please read that story before this one...Twilight and her friends have been sent to Mane Nui to help the Toa Mata to save the island and the villagers. Meanwhile things are happening in

  • ...
4
 53
 1,235

Politcal Times

My Little Bionicle: Quest for the Masks
By
Toa Coy, Co-author Blazikenking
(To be) Edited by Cade the Sharkbear

So season four happened and I might be working that into later stories since it is awesome so far but since the elements are in use here, and I have yet to include Discord, in my head he moved to Karzahnii to try and make it look better and still use his chaos powers. Rambling so here we go for chapter nine.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter Nine: Political Times

Goldrax began to open his eyes and noticed the brightness of the room,along with four armored ponies with strange gems in the chest plate and the ce-ponies. From what he could tell, they had yet to notice him stirring awake, which could be good for him. While he trusted Artemis, she being one of the few beings that treat him with kindness, the others may be holding him as a prisoner, in which case he would have to be on his guard. He was also scanning to find the dragon shade that was with him early, it was then that a ce-pony turned and looked him before she screamed and ran away from him. Her screams caused four armored ponies to turn facing him, he felt something akin to Artemis but different from them. It was then that a pony with a horn and a strange colored cloak walked towards him, but before they could be get to him he felt something that grabbed his leg. When he looked down he saw his dragon shade hugging his left front leg, which made him feel a bit of warmth from his his heart.

“Goldrax, I’m glad to see you awake.” The shade said with a bit of tears in his eyes, which was still strange to see a mass of shadows could cry for Goldrax but after talking to Artemis, Goldrax knew why it, no that did not sound right, he acted like this. Thinking of how dark and lost his life was before he was a Toa and meeting Artemis and this shade a word came to his mind, Umbrage, for some reason what he felt from the dragon shade brought this to his mind. With his right from leg the shadow Toa returned the embrace before he spoke.

“Trust me sleep spells are nothing to what normal happen to shadow ponies, Umbrage.” Goldrax said looking down at the newly named dragon that looked cried some more of receiving a name.

“Not to break the moment but you know that you are a prisoner, right?” Twilight said finally breaking her self made silence.

“I understand that and I have a message to deliver to somepony named ‘Twilight Sparkle’.” Goldrax said his voice becoming a bit cold while moving himself between Umbrage and the pony that he was looking for.

Before Twilight could answer a stallion appeared out of nowhere causing every being to be on their guard, due to the sudden appearance Umbrage retreated back into Goldrax. His coat was a dull red and gray mane cut so that it was not too long or too short, there on his flank was a mask, the mask of mutation to the nuians, on his head was a horn, and he had piercing golden eyes. Twilight could compare him to that of luna in height, but choose not to say that.
For a moment there was a common silence that fell over the ponies in the room only AJ and Rainbow could be heard outside, until Pinkie decided to drop a pin that sounded like an alarm went off. Almost everypony looked at her.

“What do you know how hard it is to get a moment to hear a pin drop?” Pinkie said putting the pin away.

Once that was over the golden eyed stallion looked from Twilight to Goldrax before he spoke his voice sounding like a leader that did not cut a soldier slack.

“Well this is something a shadow Toa that can stand out in the open without shadow armor,” He said looking hatefully at Goldrax then turned to Twilight and the other equestrians. “By order of Toa Helryx, leader of the Order of Mata Nui, I am to question how you were able to get to this island and why your group are here.” He said looking over at the equestrians that were still on guard.

“We are here because of the Order of the Makuta attacked our country,” Twilight started giving that she and the others did not know if the stallion spoke the truth. “As to how we got is because of the gems in our armor.”

“I see,” He said looking at the gems on there breastplates. Then he noticed the Ce-ponies gather near him. “I see your safe room is functional through the lightstone blocks need to be of a higher quality since they seem to not effect the shadow toa.”

“Miserix the light stones are the least of our problems.” Coué said which made the equestrian’s fear drop just a bit.

“Well then why don’t you all give me the rundown.” The stallion, Miserix, said in a kind tone while keeping an eye on the other non-ce-ponies.

----

Mazeka opened the cockpit of the black and blue mechanical four legged walker covered in the recent snowfall from the frozen land. To local ponies would say it looked like a giant insect with the joints on the legs that seemed more insect like with a long section in front of the cockpit with a pair of fin like things behind the cockpit. Mazeka himself was somewhat of an oddity; he was somewhere between a normal matoran and a toa height wise, similarly his white and gray armor made him far different from the rest of his race, his silvery gray mane and tail where hidden in his armor and cut short for comfort, his diamond colored magic pulled a set of binoculars to his diamond colored eyes. Using his magic to adjust the sights he could make out the strange crystal ponies that were in guard armor and strange outfits working on repairing the damage to the city that the attack brought to it. He could make out several different types of ponies working on the buildings, he had decided that looking at the colors of coats would do him no good due to the very bizarre colors of the natives, from what he could tell the fragmented buildings looked similar to crystallized protodermis which gave him some knowledge how he could show them that he did not mean them harm. Putting his binoculars away into a saddlebag he climbed into the cockpit and began to move his vehicle towards the city while keeping it open. By the time he was a few bios out from the city Mazeka had several pegasi ponies over him with a line of unicorns ahead of him. He stopped the vehicle one bio away from the line and Mazeka could see the fear some of the line had seeing his vehicle, he could not blame them from the very recent attack that was mostly mechanical creatures. Once he stopped the Spider’s legs lowered the cockpit and turret section to the ground, once he felt the pistons stop Mazeka climbed out of the cockpit to the weary eyes of the native equestrians.

“So when are you taking me to your leaders chained up and magic limiter.” Mazeka said with dry humor chuckle.

If not for the fact he knew they would use so many handcuffs just to keep him from moving he would been more inclined to use his spy skills to sneak his way into the castle and would quicker but he was informed to be a liaison which would have ended it up like this. Now that he thought about it this was the better option since now he could talk to the leaders instead of being sent to the dungeon or whatever detainment area they have here. As he was lead to the tall central tower he notice how the sky seemed to change from the snow storms outside to sunny and clear skies which confused and baffled the Ko-pony. It may be the magic damping that they put on him but he could not feel any spell or elemental magic from the area from the warming environment but he ignored that for the moment and thought back to the buildings. Now that he had a chance to see them up close, they did look like they were created from knowledge crystals or were small knowledge towers but he would have to check that latter as he was brought to a tower of some kind but it looked like nothing he had seen before. It was then he noticed the group of ponies heading off while the group ‘escorting’ him entered under tower’s four legs. Only two ponies stayed there to greet the group, neither wear armor like the guards around him. The one that he would have thought was a ko-pony, if not for the mane and eyes, had similar armor like the unicorns that surrounded him only a second color that he would associate with a ba-pony and next to him was a pony with bat wings in bright blue fur and yellow mane as well as armor that clashed with his fur. Before Mazeka could open his mouth the lead guard spoke.

“Prince Shining Armor, while out on patrol one of the pegasi guards noticed the approach of this pony in a strange ‘thing’,” At with point the stallion pointed at Mazeka. “Upon hearing this the field commander sent a squad of unicorns and squadrand of both pegsi and batponies to intercept him.” The unicorn said as Mazeka got a mean glare from the one that must have been Prince Shining Armor. “He then gave up without a struggle but the thing did not move once he had been placed in restraints. He also want to talk to you and Princess Cadance, which I would advised against your majesty.”

“To be fair I could say that you all are holding me against my will with no just cause but that would be incorrect.” Mazeka said as his restraints began to have cracks in them and seem to be coated in frost before with a slight move of his front right leg before all but the magic limiter. “I willingly gave up and wished to talk to you as a liaison for The Order of Mata Nui.”

The guards had turned their lit horns to Mazeka each just waiting for the ko-pony to move. While the foreign pony just stayed calm waiting for the ruler’s reply, which he could tell that there was something upon hearing Mata Nui that clicked in the rule’s mind.

“I’ll take it from here gentlecolts.” Shining Armor said much to the surprised of both the pony beside him and the guards.

“Shining are you nuts for all we know he could be a spy from that group that Sombra joined.” The stallion batpony said with his amber eyes looking at the ko-pony.

“Wild Blu, if you are so concerned then you may join us while we are in council between Cadence, me, and this liaison.” Shining Armor said before turning to the guards. “You are dismissed from guarding him and should work on getting the thing he arrived in.

With a yes sir the guards reluctantly followed the prince’s orders leaving Mazeka to look at the other ponies. A moment passed between the trio before either of them spoke.

“So what is your name?” Shining Armor asked as he turned and headed to a stair case with the other two following his lead.

“Mazeka.” The ko-pony said doing his best not to look around him for ambushes.

“Strange name, but somepony from Mata Nui’s land it must be normal.” Shining Armor said and once those words left his mouth instead of the sound of three sets of hooves it was only two. This caused the two equestrians to turn and look at the unmasked face of the ko-pony that had the helm under one underarm with his right front leg rubbing his eyes before checking his ears.

“How could you know of Mata Nui?” Mazeka asked feeling as if the wind was knocked out of him. “He disappeared almost a million years ago!”

“You might be surprised.” Shining Armor said before climbing the rest of the stairs to get to the throne room with a confused batpony and gobsmacked ko-pony following behind him.

----

Luna was walking in the Dream world trying to keep her mind off of the dark thoughts that have plagued her since she have given Artemis her new name and the Demons came to light. If not for her powers to let her mind do the job while her body rested she would not have slept since first facing Icarax. Most of the thoughts were of how if Artemis was to ever become the monster that they both were then could she as her mother put that ahead of her kingdom. It was here that she failed to notice the portal that had open ahead of her before she was once again in the broken halls of Mata Nui’s prison and dream world. Once more he was as if he was a golden statue unmoving but never seeming to be real, his blue eyes made most everypony know that he was not to be crossed. Luna knew that Mata Nui may have sense her thoughts but that was something that she was going to ask the fellow alicorn.

“Greetings Mata Nui, what do I owe the honor to came into your dwellings.” Luna asked noticing that the former ruler seemed to be distant in mind. With a cough the dark blue alicorn got the older one’s attention, which shook his head. “Nice to interact with you, in a way, directly.”

“It is ruler of the night, I believe we have had similar thoughts for a moment.” Mata Nui said as he began to move as bones and metal popped and shifted. “I was thinking of how much pain it caused me to live with the fact that I could not save my brother. You must have similar thought’s for my niece.”

“I would ask how you know this, but dream logic and time logic in dreams are hard at best.” Luna said getting to the point. “How do you live with yourself and the guilt? To know that you sent your loved one away so nopony would be hurt but you.” At this point tears in her eyes and a few trailing her cheeks and jaw.

“I’ve had almost a million years to deal with it but there is one that shares your thought as she lived through them.” Mata Nui said before he and the room began to fade.

With that Luna jolted up having tears in her eyes and thought of who Mata Nui was referring to and she made her feel the same as Celestia must have felt during her time in the moon. For that Luna knew her course for what was coming next.

----

After exchanging both pleasantries and information the shadow Toa, order member, and the bearers of elements of harmony had formed a plan within Miserix staying as the guardian to the Ce-ponies while the rest of the ponies locate mimics that were placed in each village besides the current village. Goldrax would stay with the other shadow Toa and feed information to the elements so they know what to look for as they searched the villages to stop the Makuta’s followers from carrying out their dark plan but before any of that happen Applejack had to bring something up.

“So if you a member of this Mata Nui thing, care to explain why I can move through the ground like a pony does in water.” She said bringing up how she and the other equestrians got to this hidden area.

“Since Twilight there explained each of you have some form of natural magic and with my knowledge how Toa energy works I can guess saying that you are connecting to a natural element of the matoran since you are at the power level of a Toa you would have powers similar to them.”

Knowing that now AJ used her power to get the equestrians away from the village as the sun was about to go down. Seeing that they were near a cave that they could hold up for the night this time Twilight and Fluttershy would be the first on watch since everypony but Rarity and Applejack who were more or less about to fall asleep on their hooves. Twilight for her spells and Fluttershy for the stare that seemed to work on the local fauna.

----

Goldrax hid a smile as he reported back to the order of makuta’s base and headed to the place that he was assigned by the order. With a straw mattress that filled most of the small room he laid down on it and closed his eyes. In his mind he saw Umbrage sitting beside him all around him was blanked and they seemed to be the only things there.

“So Umbrage, what are your thoughts about all of this?” Goldrax asked the shadow dragon.

“To be honest this is all so strange giving I have only been me for a while, so I don’t have any idea.” He replied having a baffled look on his face. “I mean from what I saw when you were taking to Artemis, I’m a shadow made from a memory of a dragon that you never met. That sounds like a bad comic book plot and I have no idea what that even is.”

Goldrax could understand why the dragon felt like that but at the same time he wonder how he even got to this empty place.

“Best that I can gather this is my place in your mind.” Umbrage said while not looking at him or Goldrax speaking his thought.

“Okay that was freaky.” Goldrax said before asking. “So why is this place so empty if it is my mind?”

“Maybe it because you’ve done nothing but be alone and work without much thought I mean before Artemis were you even close to any other pony?” Umbrage asked.

Before the shadow toa could answer something jolted him awake and right in front of him was the current leader of the Order of Makuta, Antroz.

Author's Note:

wow mix up on my end but hey one mistake out of all these stories is not that bad