• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,106 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,106

Catching Up

Psycho
Chapter Thirteen

The final push through Hero's Pass was a long and painful one, but the seven vault hunters pushed none the less. They stood at the final door leading to Handsome Jack, Lilith, and the Vault. Gaige was fiddling with the door console under the protective fire of Axton and his turrets.

"Damn door, Open! Axton, I can't get it to open!" Gaige yelled as she frantically pushed buttons and swiped screens of code to either side of the display.
"Ugh... Keep trying! I don't know how long the ladies can handle this assault..." Axton growled as he sprayed the field in lead.
"They are gaining ground!" Maya shouted while lifting a bot, then exploding the area with fire and acid. "Axton! Do something!"
"What makes you think I know what to do!? Shout at the school girl if you want to get anywhere!"
"Why won't this damn thing OPEN!" Gaige screamed as she covered her face with her palm. "Here, get somewhere with THIS!!!"

Gaige flung around from the console, lifting the air with her arm. The mechanical monstrosity that followed lolled for a moment before rushing into the fray. A swipe of it's laser incinerated a few Hyperion soldiers but the bots remained uneffected. Suddenly the pathway behind the bots exploded, covering their path in to the battle. Over the explosion, gunfire and clashing steel could be heard.

"HA HA HA HA HA! TAKE THAT YE HYPERION BASTARDS! SCREWWWWW YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!" Salvador screamed, plowing through the, now not as endless as before, bots with dual Torgue assault rifles. Behind him, the left overs gathered to take him from behind.

"My friends are cornered,
Yet you attack from behind?
You're screams are silent..." The machines collapsed into scrap piles as a figure stood amongst them. The figure lept into the air, "Target Aquired."

Salvador turned as the last bot in front of him fell, covered in dents and holes blown out from the inside. He almost gasped when he saw the air disrupted before him. Whatever was standing there had some kind of cloaking technology. Before it could act however, a blade shot through the waist and blood spewed from the wound. The Hyperion infiltrator fell, sword in his gut. Salvador watched Zer0 pull the blade from the bastard's corpse. His face plate glowed with a familiar red glow.

":P"
"We're not countin lives saved ya stealthy bastard! Now what's the score!?"

"My skill's favor me,
Your gun's have yet to impress,
In short I'm winning."

Salvador and Zer0 regrouped with Axton and Gaige, who was still fighting with the door. The three others could see her stress. Zer0 finally approached and stabbed his blade into the console, the door opened immediately. He turned his face to Gaige who just stared at him with wide eyes, to which he responded...

"Time is running short,
and we are losing this fight,
time is not out friend"

"I'm sorry... I just... I want Krieg back..." Gaige fell apart briefly before pulling herself together. "But I will pull through... let's end this."
"Jack dies today..."

The five vault hunters ran through the door, following the cave system into a chasm filled with Hyperion tech. Slowing down a moment, the five of them felt a hum of energy in the air. It clouded into their lungs and hazed their minds, but they pushed into the central chamber. What they found was not expected. Lilith lay on the ground, in a pool of her own blood, the vault was obviously opened but nothing resembling the warrior could be found. It was Gaige who looked in the sky to see the eridium beast being carried to the moon base on a huge carrier ship.

"We're too late..." Axton sighed. "Dammit to hell! We were so close!"
"Calm down Axton, there is still a chance. Come on, lets go see if Lil is alright" Maya suggested. "Salv, Zer0, stay here and cover the entrance. Gaige, see what you can hack off that console. Oh and..."

Maya reached a hand out to the young girl's shoulder. "Don't blame yourself, you did the best you could. Axton can be an ass some times, but don't let him get to you. We will find Krieg, then we will hit Jack... Hard." A smooth smirk rose from her cobalt blue lips. Gaige smiled, turning around to hug Maya.

After the brief display of affection, she ran to the console to find out what she could. Axton, on the other hand, rushed to Lilith, who was still on the ground. Her body curled with her arms caressing her stomach. The commando softly flipped her body over and saw the hole. Jack must have pulled a shotgun or something on her, the hole was big enough to fit his hand into, Axton thought. He noticed the damage healing however, each of the nerve endings that were visible had started to glow with a feint purple glow. Axton pulled the sirens hand back to find crumbs of an eridium chuck caked into her palm.

"Maya, got any rid rock on ya!?" He shouted, noting the tender moment between the siren and mechromancer.
"Yeah, I got a chuck here. Why?" She asked as Gaige ran to the console, then strutted over to the body of Lilith.
"She was tryin to heal herself, but I think she is outa eridium."
"Not anymore" Maya scoffed as she placed the chuck of purple stone into the sirens hands. It began to glow immediately as it touched her skin. The hole shrunk as the skin and intestines closed, nerve endings tied together and the wound closed. Lilith however was still out cold.

Axton stepped away from the healing siren to check on Gaige.

"Find anything yet?"
"Yeah, looks like Jack is taking the Warrior to be retrofitted with Hyperion tech. Doesn't say what world, figures. But look at this!" She excitedly said with a grin.
"Coordinates all the warps controlled by Angel, including on the day Jack attacked Sanctuary..."
"Anything else?"
"Yeah, that Jack had a P.P.T. at a hidden air base nearby."
"A what?"
"P.P.T. you know, Personal Planetary Transport? Used to drop small squads of troops into a battlefield from a neighboring planet."

Axton considered the possibilities, all of them could attempt a covert ops mission to take out the warrior for good. But then they would probably be flying right into Jack's trap. They could also hit the coordinates of Krieg's warp from Pandora and see how he managed, probably not well considering... His thoughts were cut short by a large frigate landing nearby. He watched as the hatch opened for two other men.

"Hey slabs! Glad you waited to start the party!" Brick shouted as he stepped toward the group.
"Yeah, so happy to see everything dead... So how about Jack, is the bastard dead?" Mordecai followed.
"Unfortunately he escaped... with the Warrior..." Maya grimaced.
"Woah, you mean he actually woke it up? Damn... what are we supposed to do now?" Mordecai felt his jaw drop a bit at the news. The whole attack for nothing...
"What do you mean what do we do!? We attack! I can get the slab's ready for an attack in no" Brick started before Axton spoke up.
"He escaped to the moon base, took the Warrior with him. Gaige found he plans to retrofit it with new tech and assault Pandora again. If anything, we need to fortify our positions."
"No..." A familiar voice spoke over them all. "We go there..."

Lilith stood, holding her stomach in pain with one hand and pointing the other at a distant planet. It was just barely in sight enough to spot from the stars.

"Hey now Lil, we can't just go running away..." Mordecai tried to reason.
"No, we have to go there. Jack isn't going to attack Pandora, he is going there! He said so himself before he 'killed' me."
"Why would he tell you?" Maya asked.
"Hell if I know, maybe he got arrogant. All I know is, he wants that planet because it has a vault..."


Krieg stared at Twilight who was still slouching around. His eyes were locked on her horn which glowed with immense power, not only that but he witnessed the same strange tattoos he saw on Maya and Lilith's arms forming down the horn and along her legs. Twilight was a siren, he thought. But why would the tattoos just now show? Unless... He fiddled in his pockets trying to find the eridium but couldn't manage to find it, She must have absorbed it without thinking.

"Krieg... I feel... funny..." Twilight's world began to spin as she toppled to the ground. Everything blacked out.

"Twilight... Twilight... Twilight!" she heard echo in her mind.

Her visions returned as she saw through a different pair of eyes this time. She saw two men, like Krieg, one short with very broad shoulders and the other taller but still shorted than Krieg. These two didn't concern her quite as much as the being beside them. It wore an all black jumpsuit, helmet and all. She couldn't tell what it was, but then she saw the girl. Short, cute even. Red Pigtails, and a fake arm? She heard them speak.

"You think he will find us?"
"I don't know hun, but if he doesn't we will. I promise."
"Don't go makin the girl a promise you can't keep Maya..."
"I mean it dick! We will find him for you, don't worry. We need him as much as you anyways..."
"I just want to see him again..."

Maya...

"Twilight Sparkle!" Twilight opened her eyes to her mentor and friends staring at her.
"C-Celestia?" She stuttered, her head was pounding.
"Yes Twilight, it's me. Do you know what happened to you?"
"I... no, I remember Krieg... then a vision... and then voices..."
"Uh, Ah don't know but you all but Ah think Twi has finally lost it." Applejack stated, her voice hinting with concern.
"I havn't lost anything! Ouch..." Twilight began to shout but had to stop to hold her head. At raisng her hoof, however, she discovered the markings. "Wha-what are those?"
"Siren Tattoos." A low voice spoke. Krieg sat in the corner on a bed. "Usually the siren is born with them, but it must be different for ponies I guess... What I don't get is the pattern. Both siren's I met, they covered one side of their body. Left or Right, but you seem to have it focused on the front half of your body. I imagine that is because of your horn touching Eridium..."

"Eri... what?" Twilight asked, confused.
"A strange and powerful substance found deep within out planet Twilight" Celestia responded this time. "I had told Krieg to destroy the piece he found, unfortunately you made contact with it before he had the chance..."
"Why should it matter that I touched it? Ouch...." Twilight buried her head under her hooves again in pain.
"Because Sirens and Eridium have a special connection Twilight, the chunk I had must have unlocked your hidden potential."
"Ouch... well I don't feel any better..."
"Uhm... guys... now that Twilight is awake... shouldn't we... go find the... thing that crashed?" Fluttershy chimed in.
"Yes, I need to see what it was. It warped in the same way I suspect I did. A siren did it."
"Is that supposed to surprise us, because if Twilight became one I bet there are a bunch more out there..." Rainbow stated.

"Actually... after having a talk with Krieg, I had a chance to look in the archives about these Sirens. Like Krieg had told me, only six can exist at a time" Celestia commented, holding a book in her magic. "Not only that, but there have been four pony sirens spread out within the last thousand years. The last one was only a few hundred years ago, by the name of Steele Farsight."

"Only six? Well, if they all have such... interesting tastes in body art... I suppose they can't be all bad." Rarity inspected Twilight.

"Guys... the ship?" Fluttershy commented again.
"Steele Farsight? Princess may I borrow that book? If I'm really a siren... I should learn as much as I can..."
"Of course Twilight, just consider it an extra assignment." Celestia smiled.
"Guys!" Fluttershy silently hissed.
"OH MY GOSH TWILIGHT! Does this mean you have super magic powers now? Like better than your old magic powers like SUPER DUPER MAGIC POWERS!"

"GUYS!" Fluttershy shouted. "Oh... I'm sorry... but that ship just crashed in the forest... and anypony on it would probably be hurt..."

"Yes, and I'm sorry Fluttershy. Now my little ponies, We do need to investigate the crash. Why don't you stay here while I send a squad of gua..."
"No. I'm sorry Celestia but guards will not be a good idea. I will go, I got a feeling I know who it is anyways." Krieg interrupted.
"I must insist that you allow me to send a fe..."
"They will either be killed or injured. If it's who I think it is, they may take an armed convoy as a threat. Better let me go and explain, granted it is who I think it is."
"I will go too, ouch...." Twilight tried to say.
"No Twilight, you are in no condition to go anywh..."
"Don't give me that crap, eep... I didn't say that did I?" Twilight interrupted this time. "Anyways I am perfectly able to go, just a minor head ac -OUCH!- ... ache..."

"Ah think you should stay behind for this one Twi, just let Krieg handle it." Applejack tried to change her mind.
"If that ship is who I think it is, then I may get some answers! ouch..." Twilight angrily shouted.
"Ugh... fine... but on one condition..." Krieg suggested.
"And what would that be?"

"You have got to be kidding me..."

Krieg had Applejack and Rarity put their skills to work in making a horse drawn, open top, wagon and had them retrofit it to allow him to pull it. He didn't like the idea of pulling Twilight all the way there, but the eridium left her power sapped. Even if it turned her into a siren. Also she needed to meet a siren in person, so she thought. Krieg rather-ed she would just study herself. He gave in however and put on the reigns of the wagon. The first time they saw him on this world... and he looked like a pony's bitch...

Author's Note:

This is a long one, but I had alot I wanted to get into it. Yeah, I decided to make Twilight a siren. Popular vote ^.^ Once again, leave comments below and let me know what you think! And as always, enjoy the read!