• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,097 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,097

Unleash the Beast

Psycho
Chapter Sixteen

Krieg watched a moment as the sirens stared at each other. He could only imagine the mental battle between the three of them. His first thoughts were of concern, especially with Maya who he personally had seen in action. He erased those thoughts, remembering that Twilight was a skilled magic wielder before a siren. She would manage between Lil and Maya. Turning his head to a more pressing matter, he approached Axton who was whispering between Zer0 and Salvador.

"So, you guys think we can trust Krieg? You know... since he is 'normal' now?" Axton asked, leaning into the other two vault hunters.

"We have crossed blades before,
he was a worthy challenge.
He has earned my trust" Zer0 spoke in his usual poetic tone.

"I'm with Zer0, an extra gun is never a bad thing heh" Salvador chuckled.

"Yeah, I know... but at least before we knew to stay on our toes with him... Now he is an unknown..." Axton still whispered.

"Damn right I'm an unknown, but I understand your distrust. For now anyways" Krieg spoke, getting a slight kick at Axton's jump. "So... What happened? On Pandora I mean"

Axton stared at Krieg, almost shocked he didn't know but remembered that he sacrifice his echo for Gaige. He let out a sigh as the sat on a fallen tree. Zer0 stood behind as Salvador and Brick plopped on the ground to help explain. Krieg continued to stand, later he decided he should have sat down for the flood of new.

"Roland... Damn... he was a good man, so he seemed anyways. Despite meeting him in person, we never got a chance to actually... talk... you know..." Krieg spoke in a hushed tone.

"Yeah... It came as a shock to all of us... Especially Tina..." Brick muttered. "But we are gonna get some payback when Jack shows his face again!"

"He isn't dead yet?" Krieg asked, more worried now than he was a few hours ago.

"Nope..." Mordecai jumped from his roost and hit the ground. "And he is bringing the warrior here... apparently he knows of a vault on this planet."

"Vault..." Krieg swallowed hard as the word seemed to shake the air around him.

"You know anything about it man?" Mordecai asked. "You have been here a while."

"No... I heard nothing about a vault here" Krieg lied. "But if Jack is coming here... What is this 'Warrior' he is bringing?"

"Giant ass eridium lizard, we watched it get taken off on a freighter before coming here" Brick spoke.

"I gotta get back to Canterlot... You guys should come too."

"Wha... Canterlot? What the hell is Canterlot?" Salvador asked.

"Duh, only the capital city of Equestria! Geez Sal, I thought you could pick that up..." Gaige rang as she popped out from a bush. "Oh my gosh! That means I get to meet more ponies!?"

Krieg ignored his friends ramblings as he explained further. "Yeah, the leaders of this country are waiting for my return with whatever I found. Since I found you guys, Celestia would certainly want to speak with you all. Especially if you have information on Jack."

"Alright, well guys lets pack up and head out. Daylight's wastin!" Mordecai shouted, gaining the attention of the Sirens nearby. "Krieg, we'll follow you and your friend."

"Her name is Twilight, and yeah. Lets get out of here."


"They have been gone quite a while, you don't think they got hurt?" Fluttershy broke the silence around her friends.

"A'm certain they'll be fine sugar. In fact, Ah bet they are on the way back now" Applejack reassured.

"Yes darling, I agree with Applejack on that. Besides, what could be out there that would be a match for Krieg? Or do we need to reintroduce him to Blueblood?" Rarity smiled as her friends laughed with her.

"Uh, so anyone else notice Rainbow done flew the coop?" Applejack pointed out.

"Oh! Yeah she said she had some important things she had to do. She made me promise not to tell anyone! Oh... but don't tell anyone that part..." Pinkie grinned, completely oblivious of what she said.

"Dag... ugh... girls I think we should go look for her..." Applejack sighed, followed by her friends agreeing voices.


"Hey guys... you know what I think would be absolutely hilarious?" The voice of a total douche spoke. "Lets warp in a few bandits for the 'heros' to play with, I got a cell block that needs emptied. Whats that? Why not space em? Eh... not enough fun..."


Rainbow Dash shot through the sky, piercing cloud after cloud searching the forest for her friends. She knew she couldn't have been far behind. The only left a few hours ago and she was the fastest flier in the world! She began to wonder if she passed them when she spotted a massive metal machine smoking in the trees. She shot down to the machine to investigate.

After a disappointing adventure in the wrecked machine, Rainbow noticed the wagon left behind. She almost began to panic until she noted the two sets of foot prints leaving the site. One was a ponies, the other was Krieg's. The blue pegasus followed.

After a few minutes of flying, she heard an unfamiliar sound. It was like loud pops in the distance, the pops were followed with several explosions. Rainbow had no clue what the pops were, but the explosions caught her attention. She darted in the direction of the commotion.

Moments after arriving, Rainbow was met with a mass of confusion. She saw Krieg and Twilight but there were other humans with them, not many but still. The pops seemed to be coming from the long stick things they held, but what were they pointing them at? Rainbow glanced across from where her friends were fighting to find more humans with the strange sticks also poping at them. Her confusion cleared as she watched one throw a rock at her friends, the rock hit the ground and exploded leaving a massive crater.

The pegasus bolted into the air several strokes high. Once she achieved the altitude she desired, she curled into a dive bomb and descended into the fray. The atmosphere began to bend and weave around her as she gained speed. The pressure built as well until... The air resounded with a loud explosion as the trail behind the pagasus erupted in color. The bandits watched in amazement as the object of their attention crashed closer and closer.

Rainbow charged the fray, kicking and bucking bandits as she flew by. The vault hunters also stared in amazement as the bold pegasus flashed by, blowing bandits out of the way. Salvador was especially impressed. Rainbow continued to show off, doing flips and barrel rolls before... SMACK!

"Ooooowwwwww.... What did I..." Rainbow muttered as she looked up, staring at a colossal creature.

"Little pony hurt friends... Me punish!" The creature shouted at Rainbow.

"I don't think so bucket head..." Rainbow smirked as she recovered and shot back into the air.

Instinct took over and Rainbow went for the knockout. She shot into the sky and circled around the creature until she found herself behind the giant thing. She positioned herself to hover right above the metal bucket he wore and slammed her rear legs into the back of it's head. The metal helmet went flying into the air.

Rainbow was about to call it a victory until...

"RRRWWWAAARRGGGG I'M GOING TO SHOVE MY FINGERS IN YOUR EYE SOCKETS!"

"Woah bud... Take a joke Holy Crap! What's with your HEAD!?" Rainbow shouted, barely getting a moment to notice the skull protruding out of the creatures torso.

"GET DOWN!" Krieg screamed as his buzzsaw flew through the air, nailing the raging goliath right in the skull. The subtle humming giving him a warm feeling. "You... bandits... almost hurt my friend...."

Rainbow watched as Krieg seemed to steam in anger. The air became dense with energy it seemed, and Rainbow was almost weighed down by the sudden feeling of pressure. Rainbow couldn't take her eyes of Krieg as his skin seemed to rupture and bend. The other vault hunters backed off, Rainbow thought of doing the same. Before she could even begind moving, the psycho spoke in a hushed grunt.

{Music}

"You want 'im? You GOT 'IM!" Krieg roared, his body mutating into a monstrosity of flesh.

Bandits surrounded the mutant psycho, all shouldering their guns. More goliaths warped in from the surrounding tree lines. A group of psychos charged at Krieg, screaming out their lungs. Krieg raised his giant fist, clutched around his buzzsaw. The psychos leaped into the air, ready to strike. With a swift swipe, they flew back in a mess of their own gore.

Just kill the bandits, if you harm the others...

"I WILL FEAST ON THE SLAUGHTER!"

Krieg charged the bandits, wildly flailing his axe. The strength of his massive arm cleaving through the humans like butter. A sharp stinging sensation sparked on his back, turning his head to face the goliath unleashing a barrage of bullets. Kreig slowly stepped into the bullet storm, laughing at the pain as he strolled toward the goliath. Covering half the distance, he felt the sharp pain sting into his forehead.

"I'm gonna kill you all, I'm gonna kill your friends and your family, I'm gonna track down your grandparents and turn them inside-out, nobody can stop the blood train that will turn your loved ones into a red splatter across the red tracks of humanity!" Krieg calmly said as he pushed into a mad dash at the goliath, still firing on the mutant psycho charging him.

Listen to yourself! This is not who you are!

"ARGH! BE QUIET!"

Not until you control yourself! If you harm an innocent, if you harm one of them... I will end this myself!

The psycho leaped into the air above the goliath who simply stared in awe at the monster. Krieg lifted the axe into the air as he descended upon his prey. The axe cut clean through the steel helmet of the goliath, but the psycho pressed further until the axe buried itself into the flesh. The blade buzzed in the soupy mess of gore.

Control yourself! You are getting out of control!

"THE HARVEST IS MINE!"

Two more goliaths raised their guns to fire, one of the interrupted by a buzz axe lodged into it's gut. The buzzing axe ripped into the stomach as Krieg rushed the Goliath, tearing the axe from it's spill't guts. Following the move, Krieg then cleaved through the goliath next to him. He roared and relished in the kill as he continued to charge the bandit marauders attempting to flank him.

Kill them and end this!

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! I TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

Dammit you bloodlust infused monster!

The marauders barely stood a chance as the psycho closed the gap between them, quickly dispatched them with a wide slash into the lot of them. Their warm blood splashed onto the psycho's mask, and he loved the warmth it gave him.

"I NEED MORE TO KILL! MORE!"

No! You have killed enough!

"SHUT UP! I WILL KILL WHAT I WANT TO KILL!"

The fight is over! They are gone! You will be gone or I WILL KILL US BOTH!

"NEVER STOP THE KILLING! NEVER!"

Oh I'll stop the killing... you just wait... I AM IN CONTROL NOW!

The psycho ceased his mad rants, his twisted body reverting back to it's normal form. Krieg scanned the battlefield and sighed.

"Even after all of that... I still cannot control him..."

"No, you did control him." A soft voice spoke through the silence.

"He killed them all Twilight, I thought Rainbow was about to die and I... lost it..."

"But you took control when it mattered, you showed the beast who is in control. And even after that, you did it to protect your friends. Krieg, not until now did I realize just what is going on in your head. Thanks to my new powers, I felt your pain, I felt it as you felt it. I couldn't control myself, our minds just connected. So I'm not going to judge you for what you cannot control, I know my friend is there. He will always be in there."

"I... I don't..." Krieg sighed. "Than you Twilight... It means a lot."

"Not a problem, now... let's try not to... do that again..."

"I expected you to be upset."

"I am, but anypony could see these... bandits... were mad. Death was the only solution."

By now, the other vault hunters and Rainbow joined the two of them. All of them stared at the mess of blood Rainbow had to look away, so eager to fight until seeing the outcome. Now the pegasus was just sick to her stomach. Twilight turned to her new friends, and tried to put on a smile.

"Come on everypo... uh... ugh... come on, we need to get to Canterlot."

Author's Note:

I am aware of the gore mess of blood, I really wanted to emphasize Krieg's struggle to keep control of his 'inner demon' so to speak. Plus it has been a while since we saw Krieg go on a slaughter fest ^.^ I hope you guys enjoyed the musical touch, trying it out to add some more juice to my fics and got the idea from another fic I read. By the way, make sure you check out my new fic if you haven't yet, Tales from the Equestrian Arena. It has a few more musically enhanced scenes I happen to be proud of :) And as always, I hope you enjoyed the read and thank you for the likes/favs/comments/support!